Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other non football teams you support/folllow 20:53 - Mar 25 with 7458 viewsNoDiddley

Clive follows Hull RLFC, me I’ve followed Yorkshire CCC since the 70s for no other reason than Geoff Boycott!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 22:09 - Mar 28 with 1193 viewsCamberleyR

Surrey CCC. Farnham born, Camberley bred so no option really.

Aldershot F. C./Aldershot Town. Have a few old mates who support them and they were my nearest league club growing up plus Aldershot v Hereford in 1973 was my first ever live game.

Detroit Tigers. When the baseball play offs in the late 80s were shown over here on ITV the Tigers were one of the teams in the AL championship series. I liked their uniforms and caps with the Old English 'D' on them and their then stadium Tiger Stadium seemed really traditional and atmospheric and a bit like LR the crowd seemed to be really on top of the players. When I started to read up a bit more about them I found out they'd won the World Series a couple of years earlier in 1984. Despite making a couple of World Series' in the 2000s they're still waiting for another title 36 years on...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:08 - Mar 30 with 1113 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:37 - Mar 28 by MrSheen

Womble, my dad was from the mountains to the south of Ballyporeen. He used to say he lived in Tipp, their post went to Cork and he walked to school in Waterford. My parents retired to Ballyporeen at the end of the 80s, but they are long gone along with most of the people I knew from my summers. I have a house on the coast of Kerry now, and stop off in Bally once or twice a year to visit the graves and drive around the mountains. Only saw Tipp play once, in a Munster final in Cork. I was so wasted I didn’t realise the game was a draw until I read it in the paper.

Wild place up in them mountains Mr Sheen. I'm more familiar with Clogheen and going over "The Vee" into Lismore. We'd often do a spin down that way after lunch on a Sunday, perhaps heading for Clonea or Ardmore.

Very sad the passing of that generation. My parents too returned home in the late 1980s and are no longer with us. I should get over more often but it tends to be, sadly, to go to the funeral of cousins.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:24 - Mar 30 with 1098 viewseasthertsr

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 02:47 - Mar 27 by FredManRave

Always amazes me the lack of support/interest in NBA.

It's such a fantastic spectator sport. Not just for the number of games that go down to the very last seconds but the athletic ability of the players and the end to end action make it such an entertaining sport to watch.

Edit. I'm an L.A.Galaxy fan. I'm a glory hunter and I'm hoping that LBJ and AD can do the business when the season gets started again.

In these times of much free time take the time to give it a go...

No to mention the atmosphere!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 2:55]

It's just that there's too much scoring in Basketball! Most attacks seem to end with a score! There's none of that great moment when you team finally manages to score and you jump up and go mental! It just happens too often!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:31 - Mar 30 with 1082 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:08 - Mar 30 by wombleR

Wild place up in them mountains Mr Sheen. I'm more familiar with Clogheen and going over "The Vee" into Lismore. We'd often do a spin down that way after lunch on a Sunday, perhaps heading for Clonea or Ardmore.

Very sad the passing of that generation. My parents too returned home in the late 1980s and are no longer with us. I should get over more often but it tends to be, sadly, to go to the funeral of cousins.

Did you see this bizarre story about the killer rhodendrons of the Knockmealdowns? Just past the Vee towards Lismore.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27882358
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:37 - Mar 30 with 1069 viewsquickpassrotter

Middlesex CCC
Ealing CC
Richmond FC (Rugby Union)

New York Jets
New York Mets
New York Nicks
New York Rangers

I lived and worked in New York for 4 years
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:44 - Mar 30 with 1064 viewsHunterhoop

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:37 - Mar 30 by quickpassrotter

Middlesex CCC
Ealing CC
Richmond FC (Rugby Union)

New York Jets
New York Mets
New York Nicks
New York Rangers

I lived and worked in New York for 4 years

Middlesex and the Jets. Good man!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:06 - Mar 30 with 1040 viewsTheChef

Middlesex CCC

AS Roma
Padova
Bastia

Carlton (Aussie Rules)

Toronto Blue Jays
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bears

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:25 - Mar 30 with 1030 viewsozranger

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:06 - Mar 30 by TheChef

Middlesex CCC

AS Roma
Padova
Bastia

Carlton (Aussie Rules)

Toronto Blue Jays
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bears

Ok, will admit I am also a Carlton fan but each time I have been to see them, they lose.
Login to get fewer ads

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 1026 viewsozranger

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:24 - Mar 26 by Discodroids

1.Middlesex ccc ever since Slack and Barlow opened the batting. Vincent van der bijl was the Duke.

2.Castleford Tigers. Always cheer them on, big fan of daryl powell. Been a Rugby Super League fan since the late 90's. I hated it in the 70's and 80's when it was on BBC Saturday afternoons with Eddie Waring.

3.Canberra Raiders NRL. Their semi final win over Melbourne storm was the best sporting event i watched all year. Been a Raiders fan for about 2/3 years when Sky started showing NRL. I get as pissed off when they lose as much as i do QPR.

The state of origin series evokes the same feelings in me as FA Cup final day in the 70's and 80's. Can't explain why, it just Does. Magic.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 14:41]

Lived in Canberra for 20 odd years. Went to many Raiders games and Brumbies. Try not to get the Clap! Best Raiders game was actually back in the early 90s when they were at Brookie and did the Sea Eagles by 14-13 in the days of Meninga, Stuart, Daley, Clyde and so many greats. Was in a small patch of green and the atmosphere was so good you could not feel what was happening around the remainder of the ground. Brookvale is also like LR in that you are right next to the play and so can more than just hear the hits.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 17:36]
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:36 - Mar 30 with 1026 viewsozranger

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:10 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Maaaan, you've all seen the Sox play!

Just want to add myself to that list.. seen a few games there including a win over the Evil Empire.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 20:29 - Mar 30 with 989 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:36 - Mar 30 by ozranger

Just want to add myself to that list.. seen a few games there including a win over the Evil Empire.

Good for you.

Some day I'll make it there. The problem for me is that the baseball and Gaelic Football seasons clash. But the next season that I get free from coaching I'll head out there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 08:27 - Mar 31 with 906 viewsTheChef

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:25 - Mar 30 by ozranger

Ok, will admit I am also a Carlton fan but each time I have been to see them, they lose.

I was quite lucky that the first time I went to the see them was while visiting family in 1995, and that year they ended up winning the Grand Final, they absolutely thrashed Geelong, Gary Ablett and all.

Think it has been largely downhill since then...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 11:15 - Mar 31 with 859 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:31 - Mar 30 by MrSheen

Did you see this bizarre story about the killer rhodendrons of the Knockmealdowns? Just past the Vee towards Lismore.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27882358

Amazing how much the rhododendrons have spread. There's much more there than when I was last there. Much as they are visually attractive, they aren't native and drive out native species.

If you were up that way did you ever visit Mount Melleray? Talk about getting away from it all.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 844 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 11:15 - Mar 31 by wombleR

Amazing how much the rhododendrons have spread. There's much more there than when I was last there. Much as they are visually attractive, they aren't native and drive out native species.

If you were up that way did you ever visit Mount Melleray? Talk about getting away from it all.

Not been at Mt Melleray since I was little. Have you seen the Liam Lynch memorial? Everyone on the mountains, including my grandfather, claimed to have sheltered him and his boys, but I know my grandfather for one was a bit of a liar.

There used to be volunteer holidays to destroy rhododendrons along the Vee and around Killarney. I wouldn't mind a go at that, but I don't see them advertised any more.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:28 - Mar 31 with 813 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 11:43 - Mar 31 by MrSheen

Not been at Mt Melleray since I was little. Have you seen the Liam Lynch memorial? Everyone on the mountains, including my grandfather, claimed to have sheltered him and his boys, but I know my grandfather for one was a bit of a liar.

There used to be volunteer holidays to destroy rhododendrons along the Vee and around Killarney. I wouldn't mind a go at that, but I don't see them advertised any more.

I knew Liam Lynch was killed on the Knockmealdowns but wasnt aware of the memorial. His death more or less marked the end of the civil war. I must visit when next in the area.

What used to amuse my children no-end was Grubb's grave. He so liked the view over the Golden Vale that on his death he insisted that he be buried vertically. A queer thing indeed.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 20:23 - Mar 31 with 749 viewsSuperhoops2808

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 23:52 - Mar 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Kent county cricket club

Although i don't actually live there

If you start asking questions about them I won't know any answers

Apart from where they play (Canterbury, Beckhenham and somewhere else I can't remember)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:54]

Likewise with Kent CCC - They play at Tunbridge Wells - Neville Ground. Surprised Rrr's Pricey didnt get that - Few years ago became a gold member of Kent CCC and so can go to every home game including Internationals. For £400 for two of us and able to transfer to a friend if I cant go its worth every penny.

Sadly, I suspect that £400 has gone for this summer but it is what it is - Looks like they will support this lousy new competition The 100 and sideline any chance of anything else this season
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 21:04 - Mar 31 with 727 viewseastside_r

Several cricket affiliations posted but I think I am the first to declare for the reigning champions Essex CCC. I was a Junior Member (ST holder) and they used to play a festival week at Valentines Park, Ilford less than a mile away from my birthplace.

It was actually my first live sporting experience and my parents were happy to let me and my little friends travel down the line to Chelmsford (and Colchester and Southend) but not so keen on me travelling across London to watch football. This was the late 70s / early 80s so fv was still an issue.

I may have mentioned this before but I actually witnessed the (in)famous 14 all out live. (Sorry Surrey fans.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024