Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other non football teams you support/folllow 20:53 - Mar 25 with 7533 viewsNoDiddley

Clive follows Hull RLFC, me I’ve followed Yorkshire CCC since the 70s for no other reason than Geoff Boycott!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:52 - Mar 26 with 1354 viewsjoe90

Surrey CCC.

Not a passionate follower, but they're my go to team. I was planning to watch them this summer, cricket in general at the Oval, oh well!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:14 - Mar 26 with 1320 viewsCiderwithRsie

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 01:53 - Mar 26 by nadera78

London Broncos (rugby league - there's a few Rangers pop down there)
Middlesex (cricket)
Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)
Souths (NRL)

All of my teams are, as I like to call them, character building.

He was sitting in the lounge of the Empire Hotel
He was drinking for diversion
He was thinking for himself
A little money riding on the Maple Leafs
Along comes a lady in lacy sleeves

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 1294 viewsKonk

Middlesex CCC - I was planning on watching a bit of Glos this summer, but not sure that'll happen...

Hibs - my Dad's childhood team before his family moved back to London. Used to go and watch them several times a year, now it's more like once every couple of years. Love Edinburgh, love Leith and Sunshine on Leith is one of the great football anthems.

NEC Nijmegen - Sorted some Nijmegen lads out for Fulham tickets 19 years ago and since then I've been out there every season and they come over 2-3-4 times a year. Always get treated very well out there and even got to meet Johan Neeskens at a barbecue when he was their coach.

Napoli - Best mate at school's family were from Naples and I used to watch Napoli games round various Napoli fans' houses in North London and Herts during the Maradona years. When I finally got to go to the San Paolo, it kicked-off all day and was exactly what I thought it would be...amazing, mental and scary.

Rayo Vallecano - Watched them in Madrid and said to my wife, "This is what it used to be like down at Fulham". Much more glamorous options just up the road, a load of people who've watched a load of sh it football, but another generation forcing their kids to watch Rayo because it's their club.

Chicago Cubs - Love Chicago and met so many lovely Cubs fans. Weird that they finally ended their 108 year World Series drought the same year Hibs finally won the Scottish Cup after a 114 wait. I cried a lot when Hibs won the cup and almost as much reading Cubs fans talking about what the World Series win met to them.

Brian - Get yourself across to Fenway. Cheapish flights, a nice city, great ballpark, and you can stop with Boston off this board!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:50 - Mar 26 with 1288 viewsSonofNorfolt

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:10 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Maaaan, you've all seen the Sox play!

I couldn't give a toss about baseball, but I've also been to Fenway Park, Brian.
Well, Aerosmith's bar next to it.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:55 - Mar 26 with 1280 viewshantssi

Agree with Konk, get yourself to Boston Brian it’s a great city, mind you I was a bit stunned when I saw the first people just walk across the underground tracks image doing that in London!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 18:16 - Mar 26 with 1255 viewsOregonQPR

I’ve also seen the Red Sox play at Fenway (x10) as well as in Seattle, Houston, San Francisco, Winter Haven (Florida for spring training) and Arlington (Texas Rangers). Sorry Brian.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 18:20 - Mar 26 with 1251 viewsSonofNorfolt

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:44 - Mar 26 by Konk

Middlesex CCC - I was planning on watching a bit of Glos this summer, but not sure that'll happen...

Hibs - my Dad's childhood team before his family moved back to London. Used to go and watch them several times a year, now it's more like once every couple of years. Love Edinburgh, love Leith and Sunshine on Leith is one of the great football anthems.

NEC Nijmegen - Sorted some Nijmegen lads out for Fulham tickets 19 years ago and since then I've been out there every season and they come over 2-3-4 times a year. Always get treated very well out there and even got to meet Johan Neeskens at a barbecue when he was their coach.

Napoli - Best mate at school's family were from Naples and I used to watch Napoli games round various Napoli fans' houses in North London and Herts during the Maradona years. When I finally got to go to the San Paolo, it kicked-off all day and was exactly what I thought it would be...amazing, mental and scary.

Rayo Vallecano - Watched them in Madrid and said to my wife, "This is what it used to be like down at Fulham". Much more glamorous options just up the road, a load of people who've watched a load of sh it football, but another generation forcing their kids to watch Rayo because it's their club.

Chicago Cubs - Love Chicago and met so many lovely Cubs fans. Weird that they finally ended their 108 year World Series drought the same year Hibs finally won the Scottish Cup after a 114 wait. I cried a lot when Hibs won the cup and almost as much reading Cubs fans talking about what the World Series win met to them.

Brian - Get yourself across to Fenway. Cheapish flights, a nice city, great ballpark, and you can stop with Boston off this board!

Konk baby, how are you?

I was in Alkmaar three years ago and bumped into a group of Fulham fans on a stag. A few of whom said that they watch NEC on a fairly regular basis.

For the record.

Middx CCC
Wealdstone
Rangers
Union Berlin
Cesena
Red Star Belgrade
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:19 - Mar 26 with 1221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Non-footy teams, lads!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:25 - Mar 26 with 1210 viewsKonk

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:19 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Non-footy teams, lads!

Good point, Brian. Although, to be fair, I only mentioned er, four other football clubs...

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:30 - Mar 26 with 1204 viewsGloucs_R

Gloucester Rugby 🏉

Poll: Are we staying up?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:32 - Mar 26 with 1203 viewsKonk

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 18:20 - Mar 26 by SonofNorfolt

Konk baby, how are you?

I was in Alkmaar three years ago and bumped into a group of Fulham fans on a stag. A few of whom said that they watch NEC on a fairly regular basis.

For the record.

Middx CCC
Wealdstone
Rangers
Union Berlin
Cesena
Red Star Belgrade

Hello mate, Hope you're keeping well - this must be playing havoc with your groundhopping.

There's a Fulham fan who lives in Nijmegen who organised for a couple of coach loads of them to come across for a couple of Fulham games and a few friendships were struck up, with various bods still travelling backwards and forwards between Nijmegen and London almost 20 years later. Been to 4 weddings out in Nijmegen and had 4 NEC lads at our wedding reception. Their derby is with Vitesse, who have an unofficial link-up with Chelsea, so even that works quite well. I felt like a proud parent watching a bloke in a Chelsea shirt getting dogs abuse in their Supporters club bar.

American football: friends from Wisconsin, so a soft spot for the Packers.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 20:11 - Mar 26 with 1183 viewsted_hendrix

When my lads were younger I used to take them to Swindon Speedway regularly.

Before we moved to Wantage about 6 Months ago I always looked out for Hungerford's results (my beloved Charlie Austin's old team).

We now live right next door to Wantage cricket club so God willing I'll be a able to watch them get beat at home on lazy Sunday Afternoons.

I'd like to say that I'm a Memphis Redbirds fan but I'm not, we went to one of their games one Friday night and yes they were shit, they were getting properly turned over, then it started to rain slightly and all of the home crowd got up and f ucked off out of the stadium midway through the game so we did too, they are probably still shit.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 20:46 - Mar 26 with 1159 viewsEsox_Lucius

I used to go and watch the Wimbledon Dons ride at Plough Lane as well as a fw away meetings. I have always followed Middlesex CCC. I avidly follow the Ohio Buckeyes from the various US sports sites and after spending a couple of months managing a project in one of Robert Kraft's sites in Boston I am a Patriots & Red Sox fan. I used to go and watch Yeading down Springfield Road back when Andy Impey and Lee Charles were playing for them but I have no more than a passing interest in Hayes & Yeading now.

The grass is always greener.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 21:01 - Mar 26 with 1145 viewsCiderwithRsie

Interesting that there are quite a few county cricket fans on here but no-one has an IPL team
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 23:19 - Mar 26 with 1106 viewsSonofNorfolt

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 19:32 - Mar 26 by Konk

Hello mate, Hope you're keeping well - this must be playing havoc with your groundhopping.

There's a Fulham fan who lives in Nijmegen who organised for a couple of coach loads of them to come across for a couple of Fulham games and a few friendships were struck up, with various bods still travelling backwards and forwards between Nijmegen and London almost 20 years later. Been to 4 weddings out in Nijmegen and had 4 NEC lads at our wedding reception. Their derby is with Vitesse, who have an unofficial link-up with Chelsea, so even that works quite well. I felt like a proud parent watching a bloke in a Chelsea shirt getting dogs abuse in their Supporters club bar.

American football: friends from Wisconsin, so a soft spot for the Packers.

Strangely, the day after watching AZ, I went to the Gelderse derby in Arnhem.
It went off in the seats next to mine when NEC equalised, I didn't know who to punch?

Been to quite a few so far in 2020, Zaragoza, Mirandes, Vitoria Alaves, Reggiana, Carpi, Parma, Monaco, Metz, Strasbourg, Bruges, Antwerp, Magdeburg, Bielefeld, Dudelange, Poznan, Gdansk, Salford, Spurs and Kings Lynn. That's my lot for at least six months.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 02:47 - Mar 27 with 1090 viewsFredManRave

Always amazes me the lack of support/interest in NBA.

It's such a fantastic spectator sport. Not just for the number of games that go down to the very last seconds but the athletic ability of the players and the end to end action make it such an entertaining sport to watch.

Edit. I'm an L.A.Galaxy fan. I'm a glory hunter and I'm hoping that LBJ and AD can do the business when the season gets started again.

In these times of much free time take the time to give it a go...

No to mention the atmosphere!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 2:55]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 07:08 - Mar 28 with 1024 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:08 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, Womble. Born in London but both of my parents are from Urhan and we moved back here when I was five. Had another spell in London from the age of 15 to 26 but back here again now.

Hasn't changed much down in Beara, Womble. I live in Cork City but Beara is home.

Where in Tipp do you or your folks, come from?

Hi Brian, both my parents are from Tipperary Town. I was born and brought up in London but as with many others, spent the long summer holidays in Tipp.

I must get back as soon as this crisis blows over.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 7:10]
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:37 - Mar 28 with 984 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 07:08 - Mar 28 by wombleR

Hi Brian, both my parents are from Tipperary Town. I was born and brought up in London but as with many others, spent the long summer holidays in Tipp.

Womble, my dad was from the mountains to the south of Ballyporeen. He used to say he lived in Tipp, their post went to Cork and he walked to school in Waterford. My parents retired to Ballyporeen at the end of the 80s, but they are long gone along with most of the people I knew from my summers. I have a house on the coast of Kerry now, and stop off in Bally once or twice a year to visit the graves and drive around the mountains. Only saw Tipp play once, in a Munster final in Cork. I was so wasted I didn’t realise the game was a draw until I read it in the paper.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:27 - Mar 28 with 941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, a Tipp man living in Kerry. Double pain.

You can get a grant for that!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:32 - Mar 28 with 934 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:27 - Mar 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, a Tipp man living in Kerry. Double pain.

You can get a grant for that!

Come out, we have you surrounded.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:42 - Mar 28 with 924 viewsGloucs_R

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 07:08 - Mar 28 by wombleR

My grandparents were from Tipp too, Dads side. They came over on the later 40's and met at an Irish club in West London. Then settled in the Bush and have been here since (only my nan left)

I used to go out regularly as a kid as my Dad and Grandad ran a Eire > UK removal company.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:43 - Mar 28 with 921 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Aldershot Town FC being my local club and where I spent my formative years when I wasn't at Rangers. Still manage to get down there 2/3 times a year, a short stroll from chez SF.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:01 - Mar 28 with 878 viewsOldPedro

Glamorgan CCC
Aberavon RFC (semi-pro rugby union club in Port Talbot)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 18:01 - Mar 28 with 854 viewsBoston

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 17:55 - Mar 26 by hantssi

Agree with Konk, get yourself to Boston Brian it’s a great city, mind you I was a bit stunned when I saw the first people just walk across the underground tracks image doing that in London!

Park St Station?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 18:40 - Mar 28 with 845 viewshantssi

I think that was the one Boston!
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Cambridge, and got the train in from Lechmere every day.
View from the hotel was great, across a tyre shop, giant car wash, petrol station, disused lot and factory to the rail sidings!
Not normally shown in the Boston brochures!
Mind you it was half the price of the central hotels!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024