Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in 11:44 - Apr 9 with 7855 viewsrobith

A trend I noticed in the best gig/worst gig a lot of people seen some big bands in small spaces, and I thought a nice brag thread was in order.

Maybe we could even work out a ratio like record sales divided by capacity!

Saw Arctic Monkeys in the cluny in Newcastle. They weren't even the headline act (MIlburn were LOLOLOLOL)

Saw Coldpay at ULU. Couldn't have imagined the scale they'd reach

Not terribly small, but I saw blur at their Astoria residency in 2003. Being in the front couple of rows it felt insane to see a band of that size in that venue

Saw Arcade Fire at a church in Westminster. It was rubbish. I was gutted
The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 23:05 - Apr 29 with 887 viewssmegma

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 08:48 - Apr 12 by distortR

Apparently, if you get access, U2 can be viewed right up steve jobs arse.

I took a peep and still havnt found what I'm looking for.
The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 23:13 - Apr 29 with 876 viewsaston_hoop

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 21:25 - Apr 11 by karl

Every gig in Orkney is basically small of course but seen Dr Feelgood twice here, 2nd time maybe 50 or 60 in a school lecture theatre, great night and had Lee on my shoulders at the end for the encore. Not sure he approved but everyone else enjoyed it!
He was as light as a feather.

Also seen Biffy Clyro just before they took off, not really my thing but could tell they were very good.
Dirty buggers legged it off island without paying their hotel bill, my mate who owned the nightclub they played in covered it and never has a good word to say about them.

An old colleague of mine went to the same decent private school as the blokes from Biffy Clyro! on that basis knowing him, they could probably afford a hotel bill even before they were famous

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:00 - Apr 30 with 864 viewsTwoHalves

Not a 'big' band as such, but I saw The Groundhogs at some sort of social club attached to the old Wimbledon ground at Plough Lane. Early 80's I would imagine. Eleven people in the audience including me and two mates.
The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:45 - Apr 30 with 839 viewskensalriser

Jamiroquai at the Garage, Holloway Rd circa '93.

The Specials at the Electric Ballroom around the time their first single came out, probably supporting the Damned. Not exactly a small venue though.

Struggling to remember any others, which is strange considering the number of gigs I've been to.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:46 - Apr 30 with 839 viewskensalriser

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 14:59 - Apr 9 by Konk

I saw Oasis at The Venue in New Cross and Elvis Presley at a Pontins holiday camp on the Isle of Wight, when I was about seven. I think he opened for the comedian Mick Miller.

Stayed in a sh it pub round the corner rather than joining mates to see Radiohead at the Horn of Plenty pub in St Albans, which I regret, and couldn’t be bothered to go downstairs to see Blur playing in the basement at the Dome in Tufnell Park. Which I’m quite relaxed about.

My wife saw most of Artic Monkeys first gigs as she was living in Sheffield and her best mate worked with Andy, the bass player.

All credit for the Elvis claim making it this far without comment.

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:51 - Apr 30 with 835 viewsBoston

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:46 - Apr 30 by kensalriser

All credit for the Elvis claim making it this far without comment.

Well, he's left the building.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 16:29 - Apr 30 with 771 viewskensalriser

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 00:51 - Apr 30 by Boston

Well, he's left the building.

Uh-huh.

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 16:33 - Apr 30 with 768 viewsBostonR

AC/DC - Red Cow Hammersmith. Clash - Acklam Hall.
Login to get fewer ads

The Smallest Space You've Seen the Biggest Band in on 16:56 - Apr 30 with 761 viewsMedwayR

The Libertines at the Tap n Tin in Chatham, 2003. I think it was their first gig after Pete Doherty got released from prison.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024