Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43946 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 10:12 - May 9 with 3250 viewsToast_R

Warren Farm not happening on 09:54 - May 9 by Newhopphoops

My interpretation was that ashville aggregates would be paying the club to dump a few thousand tonnes of hardcore on it.

Theres plenty of it on the Frankie Knuckles thread.
Warren Farm not happening on 12:15 - May 9 with 3130 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm not happening on 09:54 - May 9 by Newhopphoops

My interpretation was that ashville aggregates would be paying the club to dump a few thousand tonnes of hardcore on it.

I'm not sure of the details but I think it's something along those lines. Assume that the fill would have to be inert and have the correct WAC testing to be used. If it meets the criteria they can dump it at WF for less cost than standard land fill. To my mind it would be coming from various projects/sites as it's a lot of fill to come from one source.
Warren Farm not happening on 12:26 - May 9 with 3097 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 22:01 - May 8 by stainrods_elbow

If it is indeed 'pure hype' and 'hot air', dare I ask who will be held responsible for firing up the flim-flam machine all this time? My guess is a big fat no one.

Accountability and heads rolling all off a subjective hot take. Really.

You have the exact same information to hand as he does to decide for yourself what "it is indeed", but all you're actually interested in is approving the notion there is conspiracy and misdirection at the club, which of course only the enlightened crackpot few like yourself can see through.

The snide and disingenuous bungleposter cancer at work for all to see ladies and gents. How is this toxic garbage supporting a club exactly?
Warren Farm not happening on 12:26 - May 9 with 3092 viewsEsox_Lucius

Warren Farm not happening on 17:03 - May 8 by MedwayR

I wonder how it’ll work. The Concorde Club site looks similar in size to Brentford’s training ground (just down the road) and they don’t have an academy. So is Brentford’s training ground now underused and we’ll be able to fit everyone on one site, or will our academy continue sharing facilities with Cranford Community College. Or am I looking at the wrong site.

Edit: I didn’t realise that CCC provide education for our academy players. Maybe we’ll have all the football at the Concorde Club & use CCC as the base for our community trust.
[Post edited 8 May 2020 17:13]

If that is the case then there would be a strong argument to build a Cat 1 Academy and therefore realise the maximum for any prospects that get cherry picked from us, along with being able to attract better prospects at all age groups.

The grass is always greener.

Warren Farm not happening on 12:28 - May 9 with 3087 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 12:26 - May 9 by rsonist

Accountability and heads rolling all off a subjective hot take. Really.

You have the exact same information to hand as he does to decide for yourself what "it is indeed", but all you're actually interested in is approving the notion there is conspiracy and misdirection at the club, which of course only the enlightened crackpot few like yourself can see through.

The snide and disingenuous bungleposter cancer at work for all to see ladies and gents. How is this toxic garbage supporting a club exactly?

Not sure what stainrod's elbow said as I have him on ignore for ages now.

He/she is not worth the hassle, rsonist - just a constant stream of negativity and almost certainly a troll.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm not happening on 12:30 - May 9 with 3076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 12:26 - May 9 by Esox_Lucius

If that is the case then there would be a strong argument to build a Cat 1 Academy and therefore realise the maximum for any prospects that get cherry picked from us, along with being able to attract better prospects at all age groups.

I think that would be great, personally. I see also the argument to abandon the academy altogether, but I'm yet to be convinced about that idea.

As you say, though, if we have an academy getting to Cat 1 seems an imperative.

Warren Farm not happening on 12:55 - May 9 with 3041 viewsMedwayR

Warren Farm not happening on 12:30 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that would be great, personally. I see also the argument to abandon the academy altogether, but I'm yet to be convinced about that idea.

As you say, though, if we have an academy getting to Cat 1 seems an imperative.

Without knowing much about it I think there’s a big difference in cost between Cat 1 and Cat 2. Maybe we’d go Cat 1 if we were in Prem but cost wise we can only go Cat 2 at the moment.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm not happening on 12:59 - May 9 with 3037 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 12:55 - May 9 by MedwayR

Without knowing much about it I think there’s a big difference in cost between Cat 1 and Cat 2. Maybe we’d go Cat 1 if we were in Prem but cost wise we can only go Cat 2 at the moment.

Ya, very good point.

Then there's the counter-argument that to spend money and lose players through lack of Cat 1 protection may or may not be false economy?

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 13:54 - May 9 with 2987 viewsEsox_Lucius

Warren Farm not happening on 12:55 - May 9 by MedwayR

Blackburn, Reading, Stoke, Swansea West Brom, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Derby, and Fulham all have Cat 1 academies. That is almost half the total number of clubs who have Cat 1. With the educational facilities nearby already used by the club the only major upgrade would be to have dormitories build and staffed. Perhaps the money saved on levelling WF could be directed that way?

The grass is always greener.

Warren Farm not happening on 14:09 - May 9 with 2950 viewsTGRRRSSS

Reading are building a new training ground as we speak in Sindlesham.

It's just opposite the Nirvana Spa (or down a few hundred yards to be pedantic)

Not sure how large the actual site is but it was part of the Bearwood Estate in the past.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 10:28]
Warren Farm not happening on 15:37 - May 9 with 2859 viewsfrancisbowles

Warren Farm not happening on 14:09 - May 9 by TGRRRSSS

Reading are building a new training ground as we speak in Sindlesham.

It's just opposite the Nirvana Spa (or down a few hundred yards to be pedantic)

Not sure how large the actual site is but it was part of the Bearwood Estate in the past.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 10:28]

A few years back I was told by someone working at Reading that they were concerned about losing their Cat 1 status as not all their facilities were on the one site.

At the moment, I seem to remember that the dome that our club currently uses is at Cranford Community School/College. This may need to change if the club do aspire to Cat1 status.
Warren Farm not happening on 02:03 - May 10 with 2639 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warren Farm not happening on 12:28 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure what stainrod's elbow said as I have him on ignore for ages now.

He/she is not worth the hassle, rsonist - just a constant stream of negativity and almost certainly a troll.

Yawn! It's reading stupid insults like this that make one realize the t'Interweb is, in many ways, viral contagion of the worst kind. What is a 'troll' anyway? If a 45 year long support of QPR, fanzine writer, former season ticket holder etc etc. who cares passionately about the dignity of the club makes me such in your eyes, just do me a favour and wind your neck in a few yards. Much obliged.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warren Farm not happening on 02:07 - May 10 with 2655 viewsMatch82

Warren Farm not happening on 02:03 - May 10 by stainrods_elbow

Yawn! It's reading stupid insults like this that make one realize the t'Interweb is, in many ways, viral contagion of the worst kind. What is a 'troll' anyway? If a 45 year long support of QPR, fanzine writer, former season ticket holder etc etc. who cares passionately about the dignity of the club makes me such in your eyes, just do me a favour and wind your neck in a few yards. Much obliged.

You might be picking the wrong fight here.
Warren Farm not happening on 10:43 - May 10 with 2505 viewsfrancisbowles

Warren Farm not happening on 02:03 - May 10 by stainrods_elbow

A bit pointless as he has you on ignore!
Warren Farm not happening on 15:46 - May 19 with 2163 viewsTacticalR

'QPR appear to be close to an agreement with Imperial College to acquire the site of a proposed new training ground for the club.

Rangers recently called time on an attempt to build a new facility at Warren Farm.

It came amid yet another legal challenge to the project — and after Rangers became aware of a possible chance to acquire the site on Crane Lodge Road in Cranford.'

QPR on the verge of deal for new training ground
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-training-ground-cranford-update

Air hostess clique

Warren Farm not happening on 17:21 - May 19 with 2041 viewsRangersw12

Great news

Warren Farm not happening on 17:29 - May 19 with 2007 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 17:21 - May 19 by Rangersw12

Great news

No doubt flocks of Skylark and an army of Great Crested Newt are descending on Cranford as we speak
[Post edited 19 May 2020 17:30]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warren Farm not happening on 17:32 - May 19 with 2002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 19 May 2020 17:32]
Warren Farm not happening on 18:07 - May 19 with 1921 viewsSonofNorfolt

I've joined this party a little late.
Right, who f ucking wants it?
Warren Farm not happening on 18:19 - May 19 with 1901 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 15:46 - May 19 by TacticalR

'QPR appear to be close to an agreement with Imperial College to acquire the site of a proposed new training ground for the club.

Rangers recently called time on an attempt to build a new facility at Warren Farm.

It came amid yet another legal challenge to the project — and after Rangers became aware of a possible chance to acquire the site on Crane Lodge Road in Cranford.'

QPR on the verge of deal for new training ground
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-training-ground-cranford-update

They were meant to exchange on what turned out to be week one of lockdown.
Warren Farm not happening on 18:55 - May 19 with 1821 viewsLblock

Warren Farm not happening on 17:21 - May 19 by Rangersw12

Great news

So my hat never got a bite, not a nibble and the humble pie I'd cooked with "Welcome To Warren Farm" in piped icing on the top just went really, really mouldy.

Classic QPR.
Announce you're pulling out of one deal before you've closed on the alternative thereby potentially going into final stage negotiations with your balls hanging out.

Fingers crossed the alternative can be firmed up and a glossy PR launch held showing top notch planned facilities and our club can become a more popular destination for players looking to develop, get on and enjoy going in each day.

By the way... since week one of the lockdown my company have signed up four separate contracts ranging from £750k to £3million. Where there's a will there's a way of closing out deals in this crazy modern world.

#savethehat

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 19:00 - May 19 with 1812 viewsQPR_John

Warren Farm not happening on 18:55 - May 19 by Lblock

So my hat never got a bite, not a nibble and the humble pie I'd cooked with "Welcome To Warren Farm" in piped icing on the top just went really, really mouldy.

Classic QPR.
Announce you're pulling out of one deal before you've closed on the alternative thereby potentially going into final stage negotiations with your balls hanging out.

Fingers crossed the alternative can be firmed up and a glossy PR launch held showing top notch planned facilities and our club can become a more popular destination for players looking to develop, get on and enjoy going in each day.

By the way... since week one of the lockdown my company have signed up four separate contracts ranging from £750k to £3million. Where there's a will there's a way of closing out deals in this crazy modern world.

#savethehat

"Announce you're pulling out of one deal before you've closed on the alternative "

How do you know they have not closed on the deal
Warren Farm not happening on 19:14 - May 19 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

Classic QPR.

#savethehat

While the hat remains safe, that timeline isn't quite correct.

First thing that happened, additional juducial review granted at Warren Farm. Best case, loads more time and money. Worst case, they've got a point this time and they win. There's more of a chance of the latter than ever before this time, to get a judicial review again after all the previous avenues were exhausted would suggest the council have actually fcked up this time.

Around same time Imperial make it clear they're looking to sell Cranford, where we currently train our academy, and amalgamate their facilities at Harlington.

So club had a choice to make.

1 - Go even more balls deep on Warren Farm knowing that if they lose this time they've got no new training ground, no Harlington to go back to except short term, and no academy base at Cranford either because it's been sold to somebody else. Cranford comes with the added advantage of an adjacent indoor training 'dome' which is part of the criteria for your academy categorisation. Oh to be moderating the message board thread where we effectively lose three training grounds and a level of academy categorisation in one fell swoop.

2 - Or, bite the bullet, walk away from warren Farm, make sure we get Cranford while it's available (and as I've said before it's a freehold purchase, not a leasehold rent, and it's already a sports ground with flat pitches, so planning permission should be easier, it's a better site than WF in many ways).

The timing of the announcement is complicated firstly by the fact that there's an active campaign group at Warren Farm who aren't going to keep quiet about an additional judicial review being granted, and like I say that wouldn't have mattered except exchange was meant to be what turned out to be week one of lockdown - club weren't going to say anything until they had the keys for the reasons you've just given.

While you make a good point about your company sealing deals, and I'm as worried as everybody else that it'll be more pie in the sky, never materialise, no spade in the ground, no eaten hats and all of that, there is also the aesthetics of announcing a land purchase of several million quid while at the same time furloughing employees and asking players to defer wages to consider. I've got my fingers crossed it's just that and logistics and this one goes ahead.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warren Farm not happening on 19:28 - May 19 with 1744 viewsNewhopphoops

Classic QPR.

#savethehat

If the club does close this deal I feel you should have to eat something, a scarf perhaps or at least a sock.
Warren Farm not happening on 19:32 - May 19 with 1737 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 19:28 - May 19 by Newhopphoops

If the club does close this deal I feel you should have to eat something, a scarf perhaps or at least a sock.

And buy us all a pint.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024