Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 44086 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 20:00 - May 19 with 3341 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 19:28 - May 19 by Newhopphoops

If the club does close this deal I feel you should have to eat something, a scarf perhaps or at least a sock.

He was right.
Warren Farm not happening on 20:15 - May 19 with 3276 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 20:00 - May 19 by Northernr

He was right.

Don't tell him that, or we won't get our pints.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm not happening on 22:23 - May 19 with 3150 viewswombat

Warren Farm not happening on 20:15 - May 19 by BrianMcCarthy

It’s a great deal for the club pretty much ready to move into now , infrastructure in place bit of tidying up in places decent place to be , no real re building of the site unlike warren farm , better location . What’s not to like , we could be using it pretty much straight away is my guess once the paper work is signed off , anyone know how much person we pay to rent the current training ground ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm not happening on 23:07 - May 19 with 3076 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 22:23 - May 19 by wombat

It’s a great deal for the club pretty much ready to move into now , infrastructure in place bit of tidying up in places decent place to be , no real re building of the site unlike warren farm , better location . What’s not to like , we could be using it pretty much straight away is my guess once the paper work is signed off , anyone know how much person we pay to rent the current training ground ?

In the accounts somewhere, and rent counts v FFP (not that I think FFP is a thing any more) while investment in infrastructure doesn’t. It’s my understanding that they will still relay the pitches and redevelop/rebuild there, must just move in and keep it as is. But, again, that was before all this sht went down.
Warren Farm not happening on 23:32 - May 19 with 3030 viewswombat

Warren Farm not happening on 23:07 - May 19 by Northernr

In the accounts somewhere, and rent counts v FFP (not that I think FFP is a thing any more) while investment in infrastructure doesn’t. It’s my understanding that they will still relay the pitches and redevelop/rebuild there, must just move in and keep it as is. But, again, that was before all this sht went down.

They will upgrade of course but that work will be Adams site quicker to finish then the total rebild of Warren form would have , didn’t Hoos say something along the lines of a years work just for moving the soil etc

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm not happening on 07:58 - May 20 with 2887 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 22:23 - May 19 by wombat

I agree completely, wombat. I think it would be great.

Warren Farm not happening on 09:34 - May 20 with 2772 viewsLblock

Warren Farm not happening on 20:15 - May 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Brian my old mucka....

I owe you one in any case, and I'm happy for that to be a dozen.
Look forward to a day spent in W12 catching a few cold ones, telling tales of Mike Penton and his Radio 1 dulcit tones complete with coffee breath, getting drunk and maybe even watching 96 minutes of lukewarm football.

Stay well fella.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 09:35 - May 20 with 2777 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 23:32 - May 19 by wombat

They will upgrade of course but that work will be Adams site quicker to finish then the total rebild of Warren form would have , didn’t Hoos say something along the lines of a years work just for moving the soil etc

Yeh Warren Farm is on a slope as several on this thread have attested to so would have needed levelling.
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 09:42 - May 20 with 2753 viewsLblock

The other thing I love about Option 2 (if it is the one rumoured) is that it's even deeper into Bentfords territory

Nice

Warren Farm not happening on 09:43 - May 20 with 2735 views2Thomas2Bowles

While I do think the club has been genuine in trying to do this CV may well kill it.

No one knows how damaging this virus is going to be to football as a whole.

Just our luck.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 09:46 - May 20 with 2735 viewsfrancisbowles

Is that where Brentford attract their support from these days? Cranford, Norwood Green, Southall, Heston, Hounslow West?
Warren Farm not happening on 10:01 - May 20 with 2694 viewsParkRoyalR

Warren Farm not happening on 09:46 - May 20 by francisbowles

Is that where Brentford attract their support from these days? Cranford, Norwood Green, Southall, Heston, Hounslow West?

No, there 6-7k core support have moved West and South West of London, similar to our 12-14k core support - Recent top up predominantly Arsenal, Chelsea 2nd clubbers who either never go to watch their 1st team or can't afford to take their kids to watch Premier League games.
Warren Farm not happening on 10:08 - May 20 with 2673 viewsfrancisbowles

Warren Farm not happening on 10:01 - May 20 by ParkRoyalR

No, there 6-7k core support have moved West and South West of London, similar to our 12-14k core support - Recent top up predominantly Arsenal, Chelsea 2nd clubbers who either never go to watch their 1st team or can't afford to take their kids to watch Premier League games.

So Berks, Surrey and further out.

I didn't see the largely ethnic Asian population as a hotbed of Bees supporters.
Maybe Man U?
Warren Farm not happening on 10:09 - May 20 with 2665 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 09:34 - May 20 by Lblock

Brian my old mucka....

I owe you one in any case, and I'm happy for that to be a dozen.
Look forward to a day spent in W12 catching a few cold ones, telling tales of Mike Penton and his Radio 1 dulcit tones complete with coffee breath, getting drunk and maybe even watching 96 minutes of lukewarm football.

Stay well fella.

You too LB. Hope you and yours are well x

Edit - spell check!
[Post edited 20 May 2020 10:10]

Warren Farm not happening on 10:56 - May 20 with 2595 viewsSnipper

Warren Farm not happening on 19:28 - May 19 by Newhopphoops

If the club does close this deal I feel you should have to eat something, a scarf perhaps or at least a sock.

I’ve got a sock under the bed he could eat :-)).
Warren Farm not happening on 11:41 - May 20 with 2529 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm not happening on 09:43 - May 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

While I do think the club has been genuine in trying to do this CV may well kill it.

No one knows how damaging this virus is going to be to football as a whole.

Just our luck.

Thinking positively, it would still be a step toward sustainability so hopefully still a good move even if funds are tight. Reducing rent costs and having a freehold on our training ground should still make sense in a post CV world. I would also assume that selling off the land and consolidating Imperials facilities on one site will still be a solid decision for them post CV. I suspect it will be the upgrades/re-building the facilities on the site which will get delayed.

I just hope that the land is next to useless for developers or anyone else not looking for a sports ground. Any other party would probably only be interested if they thought they could get approval for a change of use, so I hope there's some sort of protection on the land to stop change of use and put them off.
Warren Farm not happening on 15:50 - May 20 with 2353 viewsphilc

Warren Farm not happening on 11:41 - May 20 by QPR_Jim

Thinking positively, it would still be a step toward sustainability so hopefully still a good move even if funds are tight. Reducing rent costs and having a freehold on our training ground should still make sense in a post CV world. I would also assume that selling off the land and consolidating Imperials facilities on one site will still be a solid decision for them post CV. I suspect it will be the upgrades/re-building the facilities on the site which will get delayed.

I just hope that the land is next to useless for developers or anyone else not looking for a sports ground. Any other party would probably only be interested if they thought they could get approval for a change of use, so I hope there's some sort of protection on the land to stop change of use and put them off.

Just point the developers in the direction of Warren Farm.
Warren Farm not happening on 16:39 - May 20 with 2300 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

If we've got money to spend then at this moment in time I'd rather it was spent on this. £2-3m striker who might turn out to be shite or land for a training ground that could potentially make the club 10 times that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warren Farm not happening on 17:01 - May 20 with 2246 viewsJuzzie

Warren Farm not happening on 09:46 - May 20 by francisbowles

Quite a few 'round my way (Whitton/TW2 area). I don't mind as a) it's actually 'their' area and b) nice to see shirts of a local clubs rather than the usual Manu U, Liverpool, Ch*****, Arsenal, R Madrid, Barca etc.

I see quite a few QPR shirts around here too so that adds to the fun
Warren Farm not happening on 17:05 - May 20 with 2236 viewsCorbyQPR

Not that i'm bitter, but I hope Ikea get stuck in to Warren farm!
Warren Farm not happening on 17:23 - May 20 with 2199 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm not happening on 16:39 - May 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

If we've got money to spend then at this moment in time I'd rather it was spent on this. £2-3m striker who might turn out to be shite or land for a training ground that could potentially make the club 10 times that.

Agreed. I'd like to think that a better training facility with a better environment for the players at the training ground will help the team push on and possibly assist with signing players in the future.
Warren Farm not happening on 17:55 - May 20 with 2148 viewsR_from_afar

"Thinking positively": Jim, Jim, Jim, steady on or they'll be sizing you up for the wicker man

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm not happening on 07:18 - May 24 with 1812 viewsLblock

Was speaking to a friend of ours who lives near Plan B and asked if she knew anything about this; her response was “God I hope that’s true”
Not because she’s desperate to see good news about QPR and a progressive approach by us; but because the rumours round there was the land may be subject to some covenant breaking development.

I know nothing else but really hope it gets pushed over the line ASAP
Past track record and all that.....

(PS... no hats are on offer for consumption regarding Plan B)

Warren Farm not happening on 07:30 - May 24 with 1798 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 07:18 - May 24 by Lblock

Was speaking to a friend of ours who lives near Plan B and asked if she knew anything about this; her response was “God I hope that’s true”
Not because she’s desperate to see good news about QPR and a progressive approach by us; but because the rumours round there was the land may be subject to some covenant breaking development.

I know nothing else but really hope it gets pushed over the line ASAP
Past track record and all that.....

(PS... no hats are on offer for consumption regarding Plan B)

Coward

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 13:32 - May 27 with 1442 viewsLblock

Any updates on this?

I know the squad back in training but wondered where!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024