Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apart From Karl 00:57 - May 16 with 1055 viewsBoston

...anyone else like fish(ing)? Don’t have the patience to haul ‘em in myself but enthusiastic consumer of the finished product.I’m here in Milton watching a Jeremy Wade marathon and the call of pwoppa fish n chips has me drooling

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Apart From Karl on 02:28 - May 16 with 1028 viewsBoston

Bloody annoying, sirens going off left, right and centre, effing tornado warning, time for bed.

Apart From Karl on 03:56 - May 16 with 1016 viewsHooparoo

Nothing tastes better than a fish you caught yourself. Fresh, satisfying and strangely life affirming in a cave man/primitive kind of way. 🐠🐟

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Apart From Karl on 07:43 - May 16 with 956 viewsstevec

I like watching Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing.
Apart From Karl on 11:19 - May 16 with 879 viewsBklynRanger

Love fishing but never actually did any in America. Few times up in lakes in Canada, trawling with flies for trout - good fun and quite effective. Might be worth a go when it all 'opens up' - get yourself up to darkest Quebec.
Apart From Karl on 11:26 - May 16 with 871 viewsEsox_Lucius

Almost exclusively fishing for Pike inland & Sea Bass down Dorset way in this country but I have been lucky enough to have caught some very decent fish in several states in the US including a 23 3/4" Largemouth Bass in Ohio and a 7lb LM Bass in Kentucky. Catfish in Kansas, Sharks & Blues off the coast of Maine/ New Hampshire a whole bunch of species off the N. Carolina coast and some Bass & Bowfin inland. Nearly all caught whilst spinning or baitcasting.

The grass is always greener.

Apart From Karl on 11:50 - May 16 with 849 viewsTacticalR

The only fish I ever liked was plaice, and that's because it doesn't taste too fishy.

I was watching this week's 'Anywhere but Westminster', which was filmed in Plymouth, and because wholesale fish prices have collapsed they have created a website to enable people to order fish directly:
https://www.call4fish.com/

Air hostess clique

Apart From Karl on 13:42 - May 16 with 809 viewsHantsR

I like fishing, mostly coarse now because noone ever wanted the big trout I caught, a couple of which have been in my freezer, two or three years now. My biggest fish was a 105lb yellowfin tuna caught on a hand line on a small boat in the Pacific. I still have some scars from the line as it stripped the line off the reel. Nowadays I find the banks of the Hampshire Avon and Dorset Frome great places to spend time, occasionally catching fish.
Apart From Karl on 14:27 - May 16 with 783 viewskarl

Add me to the list that don't enjoy fishing Boston, get terrible seasick even when flat calm😭 and generally don't have the patience for shore fishing either.
Obviously enjoy all other aspects like eating, buying and selling them!
Login to get fewer ads

Apart From Karl on 17:07 - May 16 with 749 viewsBoston

Apart From Karl on 11:50 - May 16 by TacticalR

The only fish I ever liked was plaice, and that's because it doesn't taste too fishy.

I was watching this week's 'Anywhere but Westminster', which was filmed in Plymouth, and because wholesale fish prices have collapsed they have created a website to enable people to order fish directly:
https://www.call4fish.com/

Give Swordfish a try.

Apart From Karl on 22:25 - May 16 with 693 viewswombat

Apart From Karl on 17:07 - May 16 by Boston

Give Swordfish a try.

Used to fish all the time years ago, best way of switching the brain off totally for a few hours , haven’t been in years in the Uk had a few trips in and around the world though , best fish was a huge barracuda in St Lucia , me and the missus were the only brits in the boat surrounded by hurling yanks , boat wasn’t even rocking but they was providing a lovely chum line off the back of the boat for me to keep catching

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Apart From Karl on 01:58 - May 17 with 661 viewsBoston

Apart From Karl on 22:25 - May 16 by wombat

Used to fish all the time years ago, best way of switching the brain off totally for a few hours , haven’t been in years in the Uk had a few trips in and around the world though , best fish was a huge barracuda in St Lucia , me and the missus were the only brits in the boat surrounded by hurling yanks , boat wasn’t even rocking but they was providing a lovely chum line off the back of the boat for me to keep catching

Y’ep, fish fed on puke has always worked for me☹️

Apart From Karl on 17:37 - May 17 with 594 viewsPunteR

Amateur fisherman. Tend to go fishing just on holiday now. Tried to get my youngest lad into it for a while as he's not built for football bless him, but he just got bored and went on his phone. Best time fishing though was off the coast of Devon for mackerel and BBQing them a couple of hours later on a fire on the beach. Loverly.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Apart From Karl on 09:48 - May 18 with 528 viewsEsox_Lucius

Apart From Karl on 22:25 - May 16 by wombat

Your story reminds me when I was boat fishing for Blues and the occasional shark off the coast of Maine. The skipper provided us with a small bucket of bait fish, described the best way to hook them and set off about three miles from the coast and began drifting a sandbar.
He said the fish were suspending at around 16-18' so I fed out my line until the bait touched the water then, using a ring about three feet from the reel , measured out 3.5 lengths of line and snapped the bale arm shut. After I had caught 4-5 fish in approx 30 mins. and no-one else was catching I noticed that quite a few had stopped fishing and were watching me.
Eventually one guy asked me what I was doing to catch the fish and I reeled in and showed him how I had followed what the skipper had said about hooking the bait and then just dropped it about 16-17' below the water. A few of the others began looking at each other then the first gut asked "How do you know when it is exactly 16-17' below the water" in a tone that suggested that he thought I was taking the piss. A few more crowded closer and when I explained that I had only used the rod to guesstimate the length of line being paid out it was like I had revealed the secrets of the universe. LOL I even had one of them say to me "You guys over in Australia are pretty smart eh?".
They all went back to their fishing and a few fish were quickly landed and one guy even had the decency to come over and offer me a Sam Adams as a thank you. I ended up swapping my haul of Blues for a 24 pack of cold Mountain Dews as I had no way of prepping and eating my catch in the hotel I was staying in.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024