Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bircham Nicked 17:36 - May 22 with 7501 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ex-qpr-captain-marc-bircham-2207110

😲

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bircham Nicked on 17:55 - Jun 16 with 2271 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bircham Nicked on 17:40 - Jun 16 by smegma

Where's our great press updating the story eh ??

UK media is eating itself:

[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:56]
Bircham Nicked on 18:05 - Jun 16 with 2195 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bircham Nicked on 17:25 - Jun 16 by smegma

I just discovered he has been totally exonerated and is back home in England. The 'facts' as reported by the UK media were total bollox.

Good stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bircham Nicked on 20:49 - Jun 16 with 1940 viewsdaveB

Bircham Nicked on 17:39 - Jun 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Glad to hear it.
UK press can be bad, but there was a charge sheet, which looked bad at the time.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:41]

not much in the original articles which was factually wrong, the speculation on what his sentence could be were piss poor though
Bircham Nicked on 22:34 - Jun 16 with 1781 viewsBoston

Bircham Nicked on 17:25 - Jun 16 by smegma

I just discovered he has been totally exonerated and is back home in England. The 'facts' as reported by the UK media were total bollox.

Bircham’s Life Matters.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bircham Nicked on 22:43 - Jun 16 with 1761 viewsdistortR

surprised at how glad i am to hear this - cheers smeg.
Bircham Nicked on 22:52 - Jun 16 with 1735 views18StoneOfHoop

Bircham Nicked on 22:43 - Jun 16 by distortR

surprised at how glad i am to hear this - cheers smeg.

I LOVE HIM 'COS HE'S GOT BLUE HAIR! FREE MARC!
If Vinnie Jones got in a ruck in the States I'd be..meh.
MB. he's one of our own...

[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 23:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Bircham Nicked on 22:54 - Jun 16 with 1717 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bircham Nicked on 22:52 - Jun 16 by 18StoneOfHoop

I LOVE HIM 'COS HE'S GOT BLUE HAIR! FREE MARC!
If Vinnie Jones got in a ruck in the States I'd be..meh.
MB. he's one of our own...

[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 23:00]

Great news.

I wonder if someone from the Podcast can get him on?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 22:54]
Bircham Nicked on 00:14 - Jun 17 with 1615 viewssmegma

Bircham Nicked on 20:49 - Jun 16 by daveB

not much in the original articles which was factually wrong, the speculation on what his sentence could be were piss poor though

There was a report of a pregnant woman being involved. That was factually incorrect. In fact it was a lie. There was no woman involved pregnant or not.
Login to get fewer ads

Bircham Nicked on 01:20 - Jun 17 with 1557 viewstimcocking

Phew, i'd have been gutted if anything happened to Marky Mark.

Ps on that survey showing how many people trust the news, put me down as a no fcuking chance.
Bircham Nicked on 03:06 - Jun 17 with 1532 viewsLoftgirl

Bircham Nicked on 01:20 - Jun 17 by timcocking

Phew, i'd have been gutted if anything happened to Marky Mark.

Ps on that survey showing how many people trust the news, put me down as a no fcuking chance.

Mother, should I trust the government?
Bircham Nicked on 07:51 - Jun 17 with 1415 viewsJuzzie

I was watching One Night In Turin the other night and the way the press (red tops mainly) treated Bobby Robson was appalling.

The FA had said they weren’t going to renew his contract after Italia 90 so he secured a job at PSV yet the press made out he was quitting and called him a traitor etc. All just a few days before flying out to Italy.
It’s as if they wanted the team to fail so they can have screaming headlines that sold more papers.

Utterly abhorrent and still goes on today in all areas of life with, what seems, little regulation.

[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 7:52]
Bircham Nicked on 08:20 - Jun 17 with 1369 viewssmegma

Bircham Nicked on 07:51 - Jun 17 by Juzzie

I was watching One Night In Turin the other night and the way the press (red tops mainly) treated Bobby Robson was appalling.

The FA had said they weren’t going to renew his contract after Italia 90 so he secured a job at PSV yet the press made out he was quitting and called him a traitor etc. All just a few days before flying out to Italy.
It’s as if they wanted the team to fail so they can have screaming headlines that sold more papers.

Utterly abhorrent and still goes on today in all areas of life with, what seems, little regulation.

A copper called into LBC the other day talking about the trouble in Central London at the weekend. He told a story of how media photographers asked a woman who they’d seen doing a Nazi salute to do it again so they could get the picture. And she obliged.

Reminds me of my first England away trip to Stockholm in Sept 86. There was a lot of trouble after the game and as we walked along the street we saw two photographers talking to some England fans. They then stood and took pictures of them throwing a bricks through the window of the Argentinian embassy. It probably made a great story for Sun readers back home. The story went that they paid the fans £25.
Bircham Nicked on 08:51 - Jun 17 with 1321 viewsTheChef

Bircham Nicked on 17:55 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

UK media is eating itself:

[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:56]

Wow that's quite surprising, I got the impression most people in this country believed everything they read/saw/heard in the media.

Definitely the case with the older generation anyway.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bircham Nicked on 08:57 - Jun 17 with 1307 viewsTheChef

Bircham Nicked on 07:51 - Jun 17 by Juzzie

Yeah you could see how furious he was at that FA press conference, and quite rightly so.

It's always been about selling more papers, and sod everyone else.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bircham Nicked on 10:47 - Jun 17 with 1246 viewsJuzzie

Bircham Nicked on 08:20 - Jun 17 by smegma

A copper called into LBC the other day talking about the trouble in Central London at the weekend. He told a story of how media photographers asked a woman who they’d seen doing a Nazi salute to do it again so they could get the picture. And she obliged.

Reminds me of my first England away trip to Stockholm in Sept 86. There was a lot of trouble after the game and as we walked along the street we saw two photographers talking to some England fans. They then stood and took pictures of them throwing a bricks through the window of the Argentinian embassy. It probably made a great story for Sun readers back home. The story went that they paid the fans £25.

Same with Mods v Rockers in the late 60's. There was no rivalry between the two until the papers got involved.
They paid both sides to cause trouble (Brighton most famously) just to create a story that never existed in the first place.

Scum, quite frankly.
Bircham Nicked on 10:53 - Jun 17 with 1230 viewsBoston

Bircham Nicked on 08:51 - Jun 17 by TheChef

Wow that's quite surprising, I got the impression most people in this country believed everything they read/saw/heard in the media.

Definitely the case with the older generation anyway.

Hmm, I might not quite qualify as ‘older’ generation (but I’m not far off) and I’ll assure you my concerns with the British media’s level of accuracy started while I was at secondary school and I don’t think I was alone in my views.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bircham Nicked on 11:09 - Jun 17 with 1213 viewsdaveB

way I see it there is one camp who think the media are hugely left wing and have an agenda to push their views and distort every story to suit that agenda and another camp who think the media is a government mouth piece who are right wing and racist. Personally don't think either camp is 100% right, most media outlets are in the middle and swing from side to side when it suits them. Newspapers i think clearly have an agenda to one side or the other and shape stories that way, personally don't think tv news does that in this country in the way you see it in America for example but don't always help themselves with some of the reporting which ends up being inaccurate

I know from working in tv for the last 20 years that behind the scenes political views are the same as everywhere, some hard left, some hard right and some down the middle, the Brexit argument for example was pretty much 50/50 split where i work and still is.

A lot of very good reporting and journalism is sadly lost underneath all the loud bullshit though and that has always been the way for as long as i can remember.

Oh and delighted for Bircham, they have a shoot first ask questions later attitude over there so thrilled for him that he has cleared his name and is back with his family.
Bircham Nicked on 12:43 - Jun 17 with 1091 viewsHamptonR

Bircham Nicked on 10:47 - Jun 17 by Juzzie

Same with Mods v Rockers in the late 60's. There was no rivalry between the two until the papers got involved.
They paid both sides to cause trouble (Brighton most famously) just to create a story that never existed in the first place.

Scum, quite frankly.

Ray Winstone got a pasting and Leslie Ash got a seeing to.
Bircham Nicked on 14:21 - Jun 17 with 1013 viewsslmrstid

I am glad to read the news of his exoneration, one of my childhood heroes Birch.

It felt a proper "Say it ain't so Joe" moment when I first read it.
Bircham Nicked on 15:59 - Jun 17 with 925 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bircham Nicked on 03:06 - Jun 17 by Loftgirl

Mother, should I trust the government?

They'll probably put you in the firing line.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024