Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Dominic Cummins resign? 16:07 - May 24 with 21228 views1949er

Should Dominic Cummins resign?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:10 - May 30 with 1369 viewsisitme

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/05/30/liverpool-deputy-mayor-in
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:56 - May 30 with 1326 viewsjpresto

So Professor Van Tam is a season ticket holder at Boston United. Wonder if he self isolated after their cup exit in December?
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:09 - May 30 with 1318 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:56 - May 30 by jpresto

So Professor Van Tam is a season ticket holder at Boston United. Wonder if he self isolated after their cup exit in December?

His tie was in Boston colours.
Some coverage from BBC live feed on what he and Martin from Game On said:

<< BBC News political reporter Chris Mason asks a question at the daily briefingBBCCopyright: BBC
Next up is the BBC's political correspondent Chris Mason. He asks: "What do you say to those scientists who say the government is easing the lockdown in England too quickly?"

Dowden begins by saying the scientists from Sage (Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) will all have "their different perspectives" and the government takes a "collective view".

He says the scientists he has heard talking today are "absolutely right to urge caution", adding "we are at a risky point" with "not much headroom".

Van-Tam says: "The easing of social distancing, the easing of lockdown has to go slowly ... painstakingly. The scientists will continue to give that advice to the government, no apologies for that.

"I believe this is also a very dangerous moment. We have to get this right.

"Contact tracing has got to go well but the public has got to engage with it.">>

–––––––––

Risky point then. Good job that world beating tracing system is in place and proven to be working well as it has “got” to do. What? It started two days ago and there’s no evidence to illustrate that yet? So we could perhaps wait a week and make decisions with that knowledge that it’s bedded in? A BBQ? Sorry, on you go.

The Professor was also allowed to comment on people following the rules:
[Post edited 30 May 2020 17:14]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:21 - May 30 with 1299 viewsTVOS1907

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:09 - May 30 by 442Dale

His tie was in Boston colours.
Some coverage from BBC live feed on what he and Martin from Game On said:

<< BBC News political reporter Chris Mason asks a question at the daily briefingBBCCopyright: BBC
Next up is the BBC's political correspondent Chris Mason. He asks: "What do you say to those scientists who say the government is easing the lockdown in England too quickly?"

Dowden begins by saying the scientists from Sage (Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) will all have "their different perspectives" and the government takes a "collective view".

He says the scientists he has heard talking today are "absolutely right to urge caution", adding "we are at a risky point" with "not much headroom".

Van-Tam says: "The easing of social distancing, the easing of lockdown has to go slowly ... painstakingly. The scientists will continue to give that advice to the government, no apologies for that.

"I believe this is also a very dangerous moment. We have to get this right.

"Contact tracing has got to go well but the public has got to engage with it.">>

–––––––––

Risky point then. Good job that world beating tracing system is in place and proven to be working well as it has “got” to do. What? It started two days ago and there’s no evidence to illustrate that yet? So we could perhaps wait a week and make decisions with that knowledge that it’s bedded in? A BBQ? Sorry, on you go.

The Professor was also allowed to comment on people following the rules:
[Post edited 30 May 2020 17:14]

We won't be seeing him again, then!

Edit: Is he really called Jon Claude Van-Tam or has someone been editing Wikipedia?
[Post edited 30 May 2020 17:23]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:48 - May 30 with 1220 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:10 - May 30 by isitme

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/05/30/liverpool-deputy-mayor-in

And?
She, unlike Cummings has shown honour , by apologising and stepping down, rightly so. Her party and her boss, the Mayor, unlike the gutless government have initiated an investigation, and rightly so.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:08 - May 30 with 1195 viewsBartRowou

If you've got a few minutes, this is an excellent summary of how the Cummeister blatantly lied to us during his address to the nation the other day.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/dominic-cummings-boris-joh

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:09 - May 30 with 1192 viewspioneer

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:48 - May 30 by foreverhopefulDale

And?
She, unlike Cummings has shown honour , by apologising and stepping down, rightly so. Her party and her boss, the Mayor, unlike the gutless government have initiated an investigation, and rightly so.

I dont disagree, but our government and the Durham police, have indicated he did not breach guidelines in driving all the way to Durham and back, while his infamous eye test was only a minor breach.

Van Tam says we have to get this right....well we didnt get PPE right, we didnt get controlling entry and movement of people right, we didnt get including care homes in the early stages of the crisis. right, we didnt get testing right, so the track record isnt promising. Currently lots of reports of trackers and tracers being paid 10 quid an hour to play video games.

If this was a footy game the manager would have been sacked weeks ago.
Should Dominic Cummins resign on 20:09 - May 30 with 1192 viewsforeverhopefulDale

And?

Thanks for allowing me again to highlight yet again just what a gutless coward, with no honour, Cummings is, as well as his “boss”, certainly on this issue.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 20:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:20 - May 30 with 1187 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:09 - May 30 by pioneer

I dont disagree, but our government and the Durham police, have indicated he did not breach guidelines in driving all the way to Durham and back, while his infamous eye test was only a minor breach.

Van Tam says we have to get this right....well we didnt get PPE right, we didnt get controlling entry and movement of people right, we didnt get including care homes in the early stages of the crisis. right, we didnt get testing right, so the track record isnt promising. Currently lots of reports of trackers and tracers being paid 10 quid an hour to play video games.

If this was a footy game the manager would have been sacked weeks ago.

Would he check with his pal who’s playing Call of Duty: Barnard Castle Warzone what formation to use in a pre-season game at Penrith (lovely trip down the A66, sight permitting)?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 22:06 - May 30 with 1126 viewsisitme

And?

And? I thought it was an interesting article that adds to the discussion and as you have rightly done you have compared the actions and responses.

I had no idea that she had stepped down, although there is a Guardian article that states that her 'stepping down' is temporary pending an investigation. It will be interesting how it pans out as the article also states that two other councillors in Liverpool have been suspended for lockdown breaches.

On the lockdown breech scale I wonder what is worse having a party in your garden or driving to check your eyesight?
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 22:25 - May 30 with 1109 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 22:06 - May 30 by isitme

And? I thought it was an interesting article that adds to the discussion and as you have rightly done you have compared the actions and responses.

I had no idea that she had stepped down, although there is a Guardian article that states that her 'stepping down' is temporary pending an investigation. It will be interesting how it pans out as the article also states that two other councillors in Liverpool have been suspended for lockdown breaches.

On the lockdown breech scale I wonder what is worse having a party in your garden or driving to check your eyesight?

Well driving while struggling to see properly is definitely a lot more dangerous, I would argue, but all were stupid actions, that could have led to people dying. Driving over 200 miles while potentially very ill is also very dangerous. I wouldn’t drive 2 miles let alone 200;+ miles if I thought I might have Covid 19, but then I suppose I am not a selfish so and so.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 22:39 - May 30 with 1101 viewsisitme

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372911/Boris-puts-Dominic-Cummings-cha

More light on the matter. Let those without sin!
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 23:29 - May 30 with 1056 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 22:39 - May 30 by isitme

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372911/Boris-puts-Dominic-Cummings-cha

More light on the matter. Let those without sin!

As has been said numerous times, the comparisons and justifications do not excuse any of it. Many on here said what should happen as did the Mail themselves, it didn’t happen. The situation that everyone is going through is very serious, yet the actions of some have been laughable and the best phrase summing it up for the future is that it won’t be forgiven or forgotten. That’s why there’s so much ridicule.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 23:29]

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:59 - May 31 with 997 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 23:29 - May 30 by 442Dale

As has been said numerous times, the comparisons and justifications do not excuse any of it. Many on here said what should happen as did the Mail themselves, it didn’t happen. The situation that everyone is going through is very serious, yet the actions of some have been laughable and the best phrase summing it up for the future is that it won’t be forgiven or forgotten. That’s why there’s so much ridicule.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 23:29]

https://news.sky.com/story/rosie-duffield-11997790

Another laughable action that will not be forgiven or forgotten? I have never and never will defend Cummings' actions. There are very few people who haven't said that he should have resigned, although in my opinion these rules should then apply to every politician, such as in the case of Rosie. You cannot have a situation where the likes of Blackford are making political points and have then been found out to have also breeched rules he is complaining that someone else has breeched!

In the whole Cummings situation It is really crazy where the puppet master was an arch remainer who got somebody else to do the dirty work of going to the press. The extent someone would go to to fabricate 'evidence' for a joke and the fact that the person who reported him is also a lockdown breaker. You just couldn't make it up!

What has been highlighted is that so many people, including those in the public eye are breaking lockdown rules and that is only those in the public eye who have been reported.

EDIT - Roise is also a hypocrite

[Post edited 31 May 2020 8:22]
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 08:46 - May 31 with 964 views442Dale

As has also been said before on here, along with not comparing situations, was it wasn’t ever about politicising it for so many - as has been shown by the response by people across the country. Some might care where the story came from, some might compare it to other situations where others have done the wrong thing and apologised or not, that’s fine. It doesn’t and shouldn’t ever affect the facts that what Cummings did, and crucially his response and that of others in power, were indeed laughable and have created unnecessary problems when the country doesn’t need any more.

If it wasn’t so serious where we are right now, the ridicule would probably be even more heightened. The biggest problem for Cummings now is that while he may have retained his position, once you become seen as a running joke, any plans you might have for the future will be covered in stains from the coffee cup bought at that petrol station that you’re not totally sure you visited on the way home.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 09:00 - May 31 with 953 viewsmingthemerciless

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:59 - May 31 by isitme

Another laughable action that will not be forgiven or forgotten? I have never and never will defend Cummings' actions. There are very few people who haven't said that he should have resigned, although in my opinion these rules should then apply to every politician, such as in the case of Rosie. You cannot have a situation where the likes of Blackford are making political points and have then been found out to have also breeched rules he is complaining that someone else has breeched!

In the whole Cummings situation It is really crazy where the puppet master was an arch remainer who got somebody else to do the dirty work of going to the press. The extent someone would go to to fabricate 'evidence' for a joke and the fact that the person who reported him is also a lockdown breaker. You just couldn't make it up!

What has been highlighted is that so many people, including those in the public eye are breaking lockdown rules and that is only those in the public eye who have been reported.

Once you start blaming the whistle blower instead of the real culprit you're on a very slippery slope. What has anyone's view of Brexit got to do with this ? The furore was caused in the main by Cumming's ludicrous explanation of why he decided to drive North and then have a jaunt to Barnard Castle. He admitted that, it's a matter of fact.

It's also at the level of the dog ate my homework.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 09:22 - May 31 with 933 viewstony_roch975

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:59 - May 31 by isitme

Clearly you are on one side of this debate, legitimately, but surely the point about Mr Cummings is that it is his government's guidelines which he broke and refused to apologise for - Rosie Duffield etc didn't say here's what you must do but I don't have to and she did apologise; the public anger is as much at Mr Cumming's failure to own up, take responsibility and do the honourable thing as the breaking of the guidelines?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 09:59 - May 31 with 907 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 09:22 - May 31 by tony_roch975

Clearly you are on one side of this debate, legitimately, but surely the point about Mr Cummings is that it is his government's guidelines which he broke and refused to apologise for - Rosie Duffield etc didn't say here's what you must do but I don't have to and she did apologise; the public anger is as much at Mr Cumming's failure to own up, take responsibility and do the honourable thing as the breaking of the guidelines?

My side of the debate is that all of them are wrong. I have never defended Cummings and never will as what he did was wrong and he should have resigned. I also believe that every politician who has broke the rules should resign, but that has not happened.

I just do not like liars and hypocrites. Rosie Duffield had an article in the Daily Mirror, rightly critising Cummings whilst at the same time she knew that she was breaking lockdown rules. For the jogger to go to such extremes to fake a story is also totally bizarre.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:05 - May 31 with 898 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 09:00 - May 31 by mingthemerciless

Once you start blaming the whistle blower instead of the real culprit you're on a very slippery slope. What has anyone's view of Brexit got to do with this ? The furore was caused in the main by Cumming's ludicrous explanation of why he decided to drive North and then have a jaunt to Barnard Castle. He admitted that, it's a matter of fact.

It's also at the level of the dog ate my homework.

There is no blame attached to the whistle blower(s), although one is a hypocrite and the other a liar. The political persuasion of the puppet master show that this was as much politically orchestrated against the man, his views and roles, as it was against his actions.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:12 - May 31 with 888 viewsAtThePeake

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:05 - May 31 by isitme

There is no blame attached to the whistle blower(s), although one is a hypocrite and the other a liar. The political persuasion of the puppet master show that this was as much politically orchestrated against the man, his views and roles, as it was against his actions.

That does seem to be the viewpoint now. The Mail themselves had two front pages that were very, very critical of Cummings - yet the article you posted above includes the line: "Remainer and Left-wing critics leapt on the saga to take revenge for Mr Cummings’s role in winning the Brexit referendum." If that was the case - what were the Mail doing?

Tangled up in blue.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:17 - May 31 with 880 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:12 - May 31 by AtThePeake

That does seem to be the viewpoint now. The Mail themselves had two front pages that were very, very critical of Cummings - yet the article you posted above includes the line: "Remainer and Left-wing critics leapt on the saga to take revenge for Mr Cummings’s role in winning the Brexit referendum." If that was the case - what were the Mail doing?

Testing the eyesight of their readers?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:22 - May 31 with 868 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:05 - May 31 by isitme

That’s great to those who care about that sort of thing.

To many others he’s now just a walking farce. One who remains in place to help make decisions that impact us all.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:28 - May 31 with 855 viewsD_Alien

This debate is now becoming a bit petty (yeah, i know, i've been there...)

I think we'll be seeing (with 2020 vision) a lot less of Cummings now. I've said before, i really don't want to see him grinning his way into No.10 like he has the run of the place, but his transgression and that of others in the public eye in no way justifies anyone thinking they can now do the same, any more than a celeb found to be speeding or drink/driving allows others to do so

[Post edited 31 May 2020 10:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:32 - May 31 with 848 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:28 - May 31 by D_Alien

This debate is now becoming a bit petty (yeah, i know, i've been there...)

I think we'll be seeing (with 2020 vision) a lot less of Cummings now. I've said before, i really don't want to see him grinning his way into No.10 like he has the run of the place, but his transgression and that of others in the public eye in no way justifies anyone thinking they can now do the same, any more than a celeb found to be speeding or drink/driving allows others to do so

[Post edited 31 May 2020 10:32]

The second part is what’s important. Back to the “he did this so...” justification. We can only play our part and even uttering that joker’s name as a reason reduces everyone’s own ability to make a difference.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:41 - May 31 with 828 viewsmingthemerciless

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 10:12 - May 31 by AtThePeake

I don't read " The Daily Mail " or " The Sunday Mail " but I think that they are no longer both singing from the same hymn sheet and there is a fierce rivalry between the two editors. Did one aspect of the story ( Cumming's out ) appear in one paper and the other aspect ( Cumming's in ) appear in the other ?
[Post edited 31 May 2020 10:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024