Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 20:17 - Jul 5 with 3564 viewsenfieldargh

Well I wouldnt want any of their players in our team.

Asombalonga & Fletcher £21.5 million strike force.

Howson 6m Saville 8m McNair 5m Johnson 2.5m

Steve Gibson must be wondering what he's done wrong.....oh yes Karanka

Think they will stay up but we made them look poor both in play and bank balance

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 08:11 - Jul 7 with 691 viewsdistortR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 07:52 - Jul 7 by isawqpratwcity

Bloody hell, remember when we were giving that to SWP every week for four years?

thanks for sending me to work with that thought, isaw........
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:29 - Jul 7 with 629 viewsEsox_Lucius

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:03 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

There was a fee for Manning certainly, BC. I think 50k or 65k, but wouldn;t swear on it, those figures just sound familiar.

BOS, too, but it was undisclosed.

In the depths of my mind I have the figure of£90k for BOS transfer. He had been their player of the year before joining us and I think we had to sign him for ther U23's to avoid him being included in the FFP accounting. The same with David Wheeler IIRC.

The grass is always greener.

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:41 - Jul 7 with 610 viewsLythamR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 20:03 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

There was a fee for Manning certainly, BC. I think 50k or 65k, but wouldn;t swear on it, those figures just sound familiar.

BOS, too, but it was undisclosed.

BOS was north of 750K
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:46 - Jul 7 with 602 viewsfrancisbowles

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:41 - Jul 7 by LythamR

BOS was north of 750K

source?
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:03 - Jul 7 with 585 viewsKonk

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 13:10 - Jul 6 by nix

I think you're right Konk. He's more likely to get game time under Klopp. Also I don't think Liverpool have the same strategy as Chelscum and Man City of buying up young players to just loan them out and make cash eventually with transfer fees.

Must be frustrating though when you've hardly seen your young stars play. At least we've had a couple of seasons of Eze, Boz and Manning before their likely exit for bigger and better things.

I should imagine they've got quite a complicated deal involving different payments depending on how many times he plays for the first team etc.

I'm hoping we're now seen as a club it's worth coming to for your development. Having Ramsey and Warburton helps as they're both keen to try out young players if they're good enough. You've unearthed a few belters at Fulham too, you must have a good set up for scouting young talent.

Our youth system has had a decent reputation and some decent results in recent years, but I think we're as predatory as a lot of the bigger clubs; I think Harvey Elliot was actually with Rangers before joining us, and Pat Roberts was with AFC Wimbledon. I think Eze was with us for 2-3 years as a kid before going to Millwall. Other than Ryan Sessegnon, though, we've not produced any first team regulars who have shone at Fulham. Once we get compensation from Liverpool for Elliot, I guess we'll be looking at £40m-odd for Roberts, Sess and Elliot, so I suppose that justifies the expense of running the academy.

Great things are expected of Matt O'Reilly, with loads of big clubs watching him, but he's been allowed/opted to leave. Quite a few rumours going around about the club being unwilling to deal with players unless they're on a specific agency's books, but no idea if there's any truth in that. Hope not.

Very frustrating to see exciting young players disappear after ten minutes - I know it's always happened, but you always used to get a year or two to enjoy them before they were off. I guess that's what it's like for even the big clubs in the rest of the world - players getting hoovered up by English, Spanish, German, Italian and French clubs when they've played a season or two at most in their home countries. Bit depressing!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:06 - Jul 7 with 574 viewsBlue_Castello

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 21:05 - Jul 6 by derbyhoop

OK. My claim wasn't wholly correct but compared with Boro (and probably most Championship clubs) we've paid peanuts.

Absolutely our team consists of Free transfers, youth team and loans, only two players cost a fee and they were both scouted from lower divisions, their combined fee doesn't buy you a player in the Boro squad, which is hilarious.

I'm guessing Boro are in a right mess financially, exactly where we were a few years ago, without Steve Gibson they could be in big trouble, fortunately for them they have a better infrastructure with a bigger attendance but that doesn't count for much playing in empty grounds.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 10:12]
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 540 viewsLythamR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 09:46 - Jul 7 by francisbowles

source?

currently my head, Blackpool supporters thought he had gone for around 1m but it looked like we had paid below that. hopefully others will also recall that being a ball park. in the same season we paid just under 500k for David Wheeler!
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 537 viewsWatford_Ranger

BOS was north of 750K

With clauses maybe, which I’m guessing we haven’t met if they’re based on our performance rather than Bright’s.
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:20 - Jul 7 with 529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS was north of 750K

That sounds familiar.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:26 - Jul 7 with 510 viewsBazzeR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:17 - Jul 7 by LythamR

currently my head, Blackpool supporters thought he had gone for around 1m but it looked like we had paid below that. hopefully others will also recall that being a ball park. in the same season we paid just under 500k for David Wheeler!

As above £750k .

Derby reportedly bid £400k and were refused
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:50 - Jul 7 with 456 viewsLythamR

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 10:17 - Jul 7 by Watford_Ranger

With clauses maybe, which I’m guessing we haven’t met if they’re based on our performance rather than Bright’s.

I think its more likely that the clauses would take it to the circa 1m + that Blackpool fans believed to be the figure
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 11:47 - Jul 7 with 405 viewsjohnhoop

Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 07:52 - Jul 7 by isawqpratwcity

Bloody hell, remember when we were giving that to SWP every week for four years?

And he wasn’t even good enough to get in the team!
Middlesbrough 47.5Million QPR 0 on 14:06 - Jul 7 with 298 viewsDavieQPR

His basic is £35k without any add ons whilst Gestede is on a basic of £30k.. That's £3.9m basic for just two players. Which does not forbade well for their future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024