Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much time does Warburton have? 17:10 - Jul 11 with 17446 viewsHOOPNO7

Since coming back from Lockdown we have been P!ss poor in defence & after today's performance/result how long will it be before the Board make a change?
How much time does Warburton have? on 10:46 - Jul 12 with 2352 viewskernowhoop

How much time does Warburton have? on 10:00 - Jul 12 by Northolt_Rs

It was the thing lots of fans from his previous clubs warned us about - he never has a Plan B. Clearly.

He made a change after 30 minutes versus Sheffield Wednesday.
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:16 - Jul 12 with 2288 viewsMistication92

Our fans can be depressing sometimes. Can't we go one session without calling for the manager to go?!
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:21 - Jul 12 with 2264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How much time does Warburton have? on 11:36 - Jul 12 with 2224 viewsrsonist

Managers get shot everyday, B.
How much time does Warburton have? on 12:05 - Jul 12 with 2135 viewsPaddyhoops

There's no question, he's got to stay.
Silk purses and sow ears come to mind!!
How much time does Warburton have? on 12:16 - Jul 12 with 2098 viewsrobith

yeah agreed, sack him.

Then replace him with a manager who plays attacking football on a shoestring budget. Someone like, oh I dunno, Mark Warburton?
How much time does Warburton have? on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 2056 viewsLowerloftLad

i would give warburton 2 years i would even stick with him if we struggled and did go down next season

we are going to need a rebuild and bringing in a new manager who would want all new players that we have not scouted will leave us with even less time to sort a team out ect

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:13 - Jul 12 with 1961 viewskensalriser

If we need a larger than life character who's been successful with us before, that guy is still available, what's his name, always on the telly. Sorted.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:20 - Jul 12 with 1955 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would give him five years to get us out of League 1 and then a further 10 years to get us promoted. If he hasn't done it by then I would only give him 3-5 years leeway.

The grass is always greener.

How much time does Warburton have? on 13:30 - Jul 12 with 1939 viewsgobbles

I'd like to give him five years at least. Let's build a club with him and Ramsey with a long-term view, rather than go nuts every time we hit some poor form.
If players know that the management system is stable, they will know where they are and where they fit in, so less turnover of players.
How much time does Warburton have? on 14:24 - Jul 12 with 1864 viewsgobbles

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:08 - Jul 11 by NorthantsHoop

His body language throughout the game and post match interview, may suggest he has had enough. Was very tetchy at the Wigan post match as well. I like Warburton, hope he stays and gets at least another crack at a season. Trouble is we don't really have a budget to compete and it could be a real struggle next season and so we implode and he goes, or he goes by mutual consent after this season ends.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:09]

I don't think it suggests anything like that. It might suggest he is fed up, but most people don't walk out of a job in the first year. What's he going to do? Work at Tesco?
When we let Leistner, Scowen, the loans go, plus didn't replace Wells, there was a plan to save all the money they could to look to rebuild in summer. What has changed from that?
In fact, the departure of Hall and Pugh was completely fitting in with that plan.
Does anyone here really think the financial landscape hasn't changed? There are going to be lots of cheap footballers floating around this summer and by actually trimming the wage bill over the past few months, that put us in a better position than most.
How much time does Warburton have? on 17:05 - Jul 12 with 1764 viewsLythamR

Getting rid of Warburton wont solve the problems with out defence

the problem is with our defenders and defensive midfielders, any defence is going to struggle with Ball and Amos in front of them and the team turning over possesion in dangerous positions as much as we do

I am sure its not part of Warburtons plan to expose the defence as often as we do, neither is it the coaching staff teaching defenders to switch off or make individual errors

IF we make some money from sales this summer and a good portion of it is given to Warburton for recruitment than we can reasonably expect the defensive performances to improve next season and next spring would be the time to assess and judge him fairly
How much time does Warburton have? on 17:28 - Jul 12 with 1721 viewsDannytheR

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:05 - Jul 12 by LythamR

Getting rid of Warburton wont solve the problems with out defence

the problem is with our defenders and defensive midfielders, any defence is going to struggle with Ball and Amos in front of them and the team turning over possesion in dangerous positions as much as we do

I am sure its not part of Warburtons plan to expose the defence as often as we do, neither is it the coaching staff teaching defenders to switch off or make individual errors

IF we make some money from sales this summer and a good portion of it is given to Warburton for recruitment than we can reasonably expect the defensive performances to improve next season and next spring would be the time to assess and judge him fairly

Problem is, Warburton's never done anything in his career to suggest he knows how to put a defence together, even when there's been money to spend. He had a relatively decent budget at Rangers, and he spent what must have been an eye watering amount of it on Senderos (and our Joey, of course).

I don't even have a problem with that - we're going to score one more than you has always been the kind of football I like. But I think whether or not we kick on will be down to how much of the money from Eze and BOS we're able to reinvest in bringing in players of comparable attacking ability. (I can't see Manning fetching more than shrapnel, but who knows?).

Frankly, it won't be hard to upgrade our defence and central midfield - right now they're both as bad as they've been since the Waddock season. IMO the key for us will be Chair getting back to where he was earlier in the season, alongside new recruits able to cause as much panic in the opposition as Eze and BOS at their best. That might at least bump us up into the upper reaches of mid-table!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 17:30]
How much time does Warburton have? on 19:59 - Jul 12 with 1608 viewsdaveB

Thought upto lockdown Warburton was doing a superb job, since coming back we've been diabolical and although losing several key players has had an effect there is no excuse for the lack of effort being shown.

I think he's done more than enough to get the summer and start next season but the way the season has fallen apart is not good and can't be allowed to keep happening, The next 3 games I want to see a big reaction from this team.
How much time does Warburton have? on 20:06 - Jul 12 with 1594 viewspaulparker

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:28 - Jul 12 by DannytheR

Problem is, Warburton's never done anything in his career to suggest he knows how to put a defence together, even when there's been money to spend. He had a relatively decent budget at Rangers, and he spent what must have been an eye watering amount of it on Senderos (and our Joey, of course).

I don't even have a problem with that - we're going to score one more than you has always been the kind of football I like. But I think whether or not we kick on will be down to how much of the money from Eze and BOS we're able to reinvest in bringing in players of comparable attacking ability. (I can't see Manning fetching more than shrapnel, but who knows?).

Frankly, it won't be hard to upgrade our defence and central midfield - right now they're both as bad as they've been since the Waddock season. IMO the key for us will be Chair getting back to where he was earlier in the season, alongside new recruits able to cause as much panic in the opposition as Eze and BOS at their best. That might at least bump us up into the upper reaches of mid-table!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 17:30]

Agree with everything you said there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much time does Warburton have? on 21:21 - Jul 12 with 1526 viewsdistortR

You know what? i wouldn't be that surprised to see MW walk this summer. Imho, he's done well this season, and the narrative up until the pandemic was financial constraints were easing up, sell Eze and BOS for big money, reinvest and see where we can go. Now, I can't see many clubs spending big on untried at top level talent, and the owners might not want to reinvest so much in the playing squad, having forked out for a training ground and to see us through the last, and next, few months. A thankless task ahead, trying to build with limited funds on what we will have left.

How much time does Warburton have? on 21:33 - Jul 12 with 1491 viewsthemodfather

it's a results business and 5 losses from 6 is not good. in retrospect we went into lockdown chasing top 6 and in good form, roundabouts??? right now, qpr stay up and then see who's left, but the new league will almost start as the current one ends.....would a new man have time to settle the squad, buy/sell his ideas across??
How much time does Warburton have? on 22:21 - Jul 12 with 1446 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How much time does Warburton have? on 21:21 - Jul 12 by distortR

You know what? i wouldn't be that surprised to see MW walk this summer. Imho, he's done well this season, and the narrative up until the pandemic was financial constraints were easing up, sell Eze and BOS for big money, reinvest and see where we can go. Now, I can't see many clubs spending big on untried at top level talent, and the owners might not want to reinvest so much in the playing squad, having forked out for a training ground and to see us through the last, and next, few months. A thankless task ahead, trying to build with limited funds on what we will have left.

Would be silly to walk wouldn’t he?

I don’t really understand the FFP process but aren’t we at the start of a new cycle or something? Does that me we have more leeway than usual? Could be useful in a underheated transfer market.
How much time does Warburton have? on 23:59 - Jul 12 with 1355 viewsisawqpratwcity

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:21 - Jul 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Would be silly to walk wouldn’t he?

I don’t really understand the FFP process but aren’t we at the start of a new cycle or something? Does that me we have more leeway than usual? Could be useful in a underheated transfer market.

We may have a bit more FFP elbow room but there's no way we're going to be doing anything but rigorous financial discipline next year. In this economy. the owners are going to be distinctly frugal unless there's a strong prospect of a promotion run next season. (Hang on, I'll just check...yep...no.)

Expect more of the same: proven, profitable talent out; cheap, speculative talent in. And that is whether MW is here or not.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 0:08]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How much time does Warburton have? on 00:02 - Jul 13 with 1352 viewsNortholt_Rs

How much time does Warburton have? on 21:21 - Jul 12 by distortR

Walk to go where? I cannot see a queue of clubs eagerly seeking his services and he
is not going to voluntarily leave a well paid job to sit on his hands for years until perhaps another pony club comes in for him. He is going nowhere unless the club decides it is time for a change. The last few games are going to be crucial for him I think....and for us too!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How much time does Warburton have? on 00:44 - Jul 13 with 1320 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:59 - Jul 12 by isawqpratwcity

We may have a bit more FFP elbow room but there's no way we're going to be doing anything but rigorous financial discipline next year. In this economy. the owners are going to be distinctly frugal unless there's a strong prospect of a promotion run next season. (Hang on, I'll just check...yep...no.)

Expect more of the same: proven, profitable talent out; cheap, speculative talent in. And that is whether MW is here or not.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 0:08]

I think you might be right, but maybe for a different reason.

The owners have splashed tens, hundreds of millions. And continue to underpin our trading losses. And they have just bought a training ground at enormous expense. I think we can summise that they are not frugal.

What will hold them back is FFP. Not innate frugality.

How much time does Warburton have? on 01:23 - Jul 13 with 1292 viewsisawqpratwcity

How much time does Warburton have? on 00:44 - Jul 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I think you might be right, but maybe for a different reason.

The owners have splashed tens, hundreds of millions. And continue to underpin our trading losses. And they have just bought a training ground at enormous expense. I think we can summise that they are not frugal.

What will hold them back is FFP. Not innate frugality.

I agree with all of that, Brian, but let's differentiate between sound business investment (which is where I'd put the new training ground) and speculative signings in the hope of promotion. (I'd especially like it if we could get to the level where our academy could be protected from what I consider to be English football development's version of "Primae noctis".)

As for underpinning our losses, I think the Mittals have long preferred to see their ownership stake diluted rather than contribute there, and I'd guess that TF will now have to be in the same boat. Should we thank heavens for Ruben and his continued underwriting? Yes, he has to be the the one currently keeping our head above water and that deserves acknowledgement and praise, but he'd also be aware that plunging the club into a debt-crisis period of administration would see us entertaining Burton and Shrewsbury next season with a corresponding drastic effect on the value of his asset.

But really, my point was that there is no prospect of discretionary, speculative spending next season. It's pretty much been that way since Redknapp went; it just gets more stringent each season.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How much time does Warburton have? on 01:44 - Jul 13 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How much time does Warburton have? on 01:23 - Jul 13 by isawqpratwcity

I agree with all of that, Brian, but let's differentiate between sound business investment (which is where I'd put the new training ground) and speculative signings in the hope of promotion. (I'd especially like it if we could get to the level where our academy could be protected from what I consider to be English football development's version of "Primae noctis".)

As for underpinning our losses, I think the Mittals have long preferred to see their ownership stake diluted rather than contribute there, and I'd guess that TF will now have to be in the same boat. Should we thank heavens for Ruben and his continued underwriting? Yes, he has to be the the one currently keeping our head above water and that deserves acknowledgement and praise, but he'd also be aware that plunging the club into a debt-crisis period of administration would see us entertaining Burton and Shrewsbury next season with a corresponding drastic effect on the value of his asset.

But really, my point was that there is no prospect of discretionary, speculative spending next season. It's pretty much been that way since Redknapp went; it just gets more stringent each season.

but let's differentiate between sound business investment (which is where I'd put the new training ground) and speculative signings in the hope of promotion. - can't be done FFP.

(I'd especially like it if we could get to the level where our academy could be protected from what I consider to be English football development's version of "Primae noctis".)

Nicely put! Agree, new training ground will hopefully see us move to Cat 1 to avoid Primae Noctis.

As for underpinning our losses, I think the Mittals have long preferred to see their ownership stake diluted rather than contribute there, and I'd guess that TF will now have to be in the same boat. Should we thank heavens for Ruben and his continued underwriting? Yes, he has to be the the one currently keeping our head above water - we don't know which directors are contributing but we know that they are and in the last fortnight they have signalled their intent.

But really, my point was that there is no prospect of discretionary, speculative spending next season. It's pretty much been that way since Redknapp went; it just gets more stringent each season. - yes, because of FFP, but we have more financial room next season thankfully.

How much time does Warburton have? on 05:52 - Jul 13 with 1218 viewstimcocking

I always feel the best thing you can possibly do to try and improve is to keep players and management together over a sustained period of time. The longer people play together, the better the understanding and always an improvement.

Sacking the management because of the Corona virus would be ludicrous, which i expect nowadays.
There are so many mitigating factors in Warburton's defence that i really can't be bothered to list them all.
How much time does Warburton have? on 11:05 - Jul 13 with 1112 viewsfrancisbowles

How much time does Warburton have? on 00:02 - Jul 13 by Northolt_Rs

Walk to go where? I cannot see a queue of clubs eagerly seeking his services and he
is not going to voluntarily leave a well paid job to sit on his hands for years until perhaps another pony club comes in for him. He is going nowhere unless the club decides it is time for a change. The last few games are going to be crucial for him I think....and for us too!

I think he is a fairly wealthy man from his time as a 'trader' or whatever. If he was fed up with it, the money might not be a consideration and he might go. However, I think he loves working in football so I would fully expect him to be around as long as he believes he can improve the side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024