Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Went Wrong? 14:45 - Jul 12 with 4913 viewsDorse

The rage has dissipated somewhat, leaving me with just the questions / confusion.

I can't work this out. What has happened to the team? I get the 'on the beach' sentiment but I'm not sure I buy it. There's something else going on there.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What Went Wrong? on 12:20 - Jul 13 with 1112 viewsPinnerPaul

What Went Wrong? on 04:01 - Jul 13 by timcocking

No strikers, no central defenders. Loanees not interested, our best players hoping to leave.

I'm not surprised, it's all very predictable.

We still have enough of defenders and only 1 loan player in starting 11 I thought?

As for 'best' players hoping to leave - I will state here and now that if Ryan Manning ever plays 5 games in the PL I will eat L Block's hat!

Freeman and even Luongo far better players than him and they are no where near - just two examples.
What Went Wrong? on 12:30 - Jul 13 with 1081 viewsconnell10

What Went Wrong? on 14:46 - Jul 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Loss of 40 goals worth of players doesn’t help.

We were shit before Hugill got injured, we playing well prior to the lockdown and post Wells . So who is missing that scored 25 odd goals I'm confused?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What Went Wrong? on 12:31 - Jul 13 with 1083 viewsMick_S

What Went Wrong? on 10:45 - Jul 13 by Dorse

'No, I can't get Cameron to move any faster, Milady'.

Parker not looking too good there.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What Went Wrong? on 12:45 - Jul 13 with 1054 viewsrobith

What Went Wrong? on 10:29 - Jul 13 by bosh67

I would get Paul Parker in to specifically coach the defence next season.

Why would someone who hasn't coached in 17 years improve us?
What Went Wrong? on 12:54 - Jul 13 with 1036 viewsrobith

To my uneducated eyes, we look to be below par on fitness - there is negligible movement, which makes our passing game devoid of threat and makes our pressing ineffective - compounded by a loss of motivation (often playing motivated opponents - not unique to us, look at Leicester Bournemouth yesterday)

I feel for Warburton cos there isn't much personnel wise to change it up.

I am very fearful however cos I've really enjoyed this season, I like the squad and I enjoy Warburton and now post lockdown is dramatically eroding all that goodwill with the fans
What Went Wrong? on 12:54 - Jul 13 with 1028 viewsconnell10

What Went Wrong? on 12:45 - Jul 13 by robith

Why would someone who hasn't coached in 17 years improve us?

It might be the other Paul Parker who posts on here

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What Went Wrong? on 13:01 - Jul 13 with 1021 viewsYorkRanger

I may be alone, but not having access to watch the games I've struggled to get interested at all, particularly after the re-start with Barnsley when it became clear that any possible hope of a play off spot was forlorn.

I tracked the game on Twitter and sighed as the result and comments came through. I moved on quite quickly though.

We just need to get this over with, work out who is staying and who is going and then start again. I'm happy with Warbs (who else will want to come anyway). Next season promises to be even more difficult, particularly with the additional financial constraints...
What Went Wrong? on 13:01 - Jul 13 with 1017 viewsjoe90

What Went Wrong? on 17:00 - Jul 12 by PlanetHonneywood

This isn’t a feasible excuse.

I’m very reliably informed by a bloke I used to sit with at QPR who does work with Brentford, that they knew and were ready for the mid-June return. Seeing as MW was on the pod demanding the season conclude, it seems odd that he and his charges appear to have been taken by surprise when the resumption was announced.

At first I thought it might be a cunning plan to take the pressure off us! But no, I was wrong...

I also thought it was a ruse to take off pressure before having a final push. Our form going into the break was good, something seemed to be working again for the team.
Login to get fewer ads

What Went Wrong? on 13:18 - Jul 13 with 982 viewsdannyblue

I don't disagree with most of the above, but I think there's another element.

This team plays a difficult and demanding type of football. It requires the right touches and passes at the right times at the right pace. It's precise and intricate. When it works well it looks amazing and can take apart the best teams. But it's very difficult to get it to work well, and when it doesn't, it's quite easily beaten. This is not a team that keeps it tight, looks for a set piece goal, and then sit back and counter when in front - which is a much better percentages approach. This team is expansive, optimistic, and ambitious. The break, and all the other reasons discussed above, mean that it just doesn't click any more, and when it doesn't click its broken. An old sports car will win in style when it's in good nick, when it's not it'll be beaten by a ford focus every time.
What Went Wrong? on 14:37 - Jul 13 with 913 viewsjohnhoop

What Went Wrong? on 13:18 - Jul 13 by dannyblue

This team plays a difficult and demanding type of football. It requires the right touches and passes at the right times at the right pace. It's precise and intricate. When it works well it looks amazing and can take apart the best teams. But it's very difficult to get it to work well, and when it doesn't, it's quite easily beaten. This is not a team that keeps it tight, looks for a set piece goal, and then sit back and counter when in front - which is a much better percentages approach. This team is expansive, optimistic, and ambitious. The break, and all the other reasons discussed above, mean that it just doesn't click any more, and when it doesn't click its broken. An old sports car will win in style when it's in good nick, when it's not it'll be beaten by a ford focus every time.

An interesting question-what type of car do our recent performances bring to mind.
On the evidence of Saturday I’d say it would have to be a Trabant.
What Went Wrong? on 14:41 - Jul 13 with 907 viewsMick_S

What Went Wrong? on 14:37 - Jul 13 by johnhoop

An interesting question-what type of car do our recent performances bring to mind.
On the evidence of Saturday I’d say it would have to be a Trabant.

Mazda Titan Dump.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What Went Wrong? on 15:45 - Jul 13 with 839 viewsfrancisbowles

Good post. You may well have hit the nail on the head!
What Went Wrong? on 17:33 - Jul 13 with 764 viewsTacticalR

In other words difficult football is too difficult for us.

Air hostess clique

What Went Wrong? on 17:57 - Jul 13 with 721 viewsdannyblue

What Went Wrong? on 17:33 - Jul 13 by TacticalR

In other words difficult football is too difficult for us.

Too difficult for us when missing senior pros, fitness, fluency, motivation...
What Went Wrong? on 18:55 - Jul 13 with 688 viewsAntti_Heinola

What Went Wrong? on 10:29 - Jul 13 by bosh67

I would get Paul Parker in to specifically coach the defence next season.

being a great player does not equal being a great coach.

Gerry Francis is a great coach of defensive units, however.

The problem is, would Gerry's methods of defending complement how Warbs wants to play? I suspect not, and that's why it won't happen.

But I also expect us to buy a minimum of three defenders this summer. An RB, at least one CB and an LB after Manning leaves.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024