Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being Honest 09:08 - Jul 13 with 1302 viewsBazzeR

If 25% of your wages were deferred for 3 months would you lose motivation and let your performance levels drop ?
As we are in uncertain times and that period could be ongoing it must have a significant effect irrespective of your current salary ?
Being Honest on 09:12 - Jul 13 with 1282 viewsMiss_Terraces

Yes but haven't most clubs had something similar or in Wigan's case far worse

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Being Honest on 09:30 - Jul 13 with 1218 viewsLythamR

Being Honest on 09:12 - Jul 13 by Miss_Terraces

Yes but haven't most clubs had something similar or in Wigan's case far worse

Deferred? Deferred! I sometimes lay awake at night dreaming that 25% of my wages was deferred for 3 months

I really hope that isnt the case.
Being Honest on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 1199 viewsMiss_Terraces

Being Honest on 09:30 - Jul 13 by LythamR

Deferred? Deferred! I sometimes lay awake at night dreaming that 25% of my wages was deferred for 3 months

I really hope that isnt the case.

I really hope things work out for you

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Being Honest on 09:44 - Jul 13 with 1169 viewsted_hendrix

If 25% of your wages were deferred for 3 months would you lose motivation and let your performance levels drop ?

Bull shit.

Wigan players have only been paid some 20% of their salaries and the Sheffield Wednesday players have just been paid their outstanding wages after some were not paid in full on time in June.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Being Honest on 09:51 - Jul 13 with 1145 viewsdaveB

I don't buy that to be honest, I just think they are not playing well, senior players who set standards have gone and confidence is low plus we don't have a fit striker, that all has far more to do with our problems than wage deferrals.

The defensive problems from the last few games have been there all season
Being Honest on 09:52 - Jul 13 with 1146 viewsLongsufferingR

Absolutely not! Deferred = they will still get paid, but just a little later. My salary has been cut 40% since lockdown and is unlikely to be raised back again for the next year or so. Has my productivity changed? No.
Being Honest on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 1133 viewsstowmarketrange

It might be more to do with having a few of your better workmates either off sick or have left the company.
If the factory loses it’s only driver (Hughill),the workers who produce the goods have nobody to deliver them,and everything backs up with the rest of the workers.Especially if there is doubt about the security guard (Lumley,Kelly),on the gate?
Being Honest on 09:59 - Jul 13 with 1111 viewsNorthernr

Lost 25% of the salary on my day job, lost my LFW money, lost all my freelance income. Not deferred, lost. I'm still expected to bang away all day for the rest of it. It's called the real world.
Login to get fewer ads

Being Honest on 10:02 - Jul 13 with 1096 viewsLongsufferingR

Being Honest on 09:55 - Jul 13 by stowmarketrange

It might be more to do with having a few of your better workmates either off sick or have left the company.
If the factory loses it’s only driver (Hughill),the workers who produce the goods have nobody to deliver them,and everything backs up with the rest of the workers.Especially if there is doubt about the security guard (Lumley,Kelly),on the gate?

.....and the government won't let the company invest.
Being Honest on 10:04 - Jul 13 with 1087 viewsflynnbo

So basically, Baz, not too many agree with that one
Being Honest on 10:04 - Jul 13 with 1086 viewsBazzeR

EFL stated that some clubs would not be taking up their ruling regarding deferring part of wages.
In my limited time researching which clubs have deferred.
Birmingham City- players volunteered 50%
PNE stated players would be paid in full.
I’m just throwing it out there guys as I’m struggling to find a reason for such abject performances of late.
Being Honest on 10:12 - Jul 13 with 1062 viewsstevec

Being Honest on 09:59 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Lost 25% of the salary on my day job, lost my LFW money, lost all my freelance income. Not deferred, lost. I'm still expected to bang away all day for the rest of it. It's called the real world.

Sorry to hear that, plus long suffering, Lytham and doubtless numerous others, including many friends, finding themselves taking partial or full hits or their income.

I pray Championship clubs follow Leagues One and Two into the real world, where we are all under a wage cap of sorts, relevant to the organisations we either work for or operate.

The attitude of many players towards their employment, in light of all what’s going on around us, stinks the place out.
Being Honest on 10:16 - Jul 13 with 1037 viewstimcocking

Not any chance at all. I've never given less than 100% in any football match i've played.
Being Honest on 10:18 - Jul 13 with 1033 viewsstowmarketrange

Being Honest on 10:12 - Jul 13 by stevec

Sorry to hear that, plus long suffering, Lytham and doubtless numerous others, including many friends, finding themselves taking partial or full hits or their income.

I pray Championship clubs follow Leagues One and Two into the real world, where we are all under a wage cap of sorts, relevant to the organisations we either work for or operate.

The attitude of many players towards their employment, in light of all what’s going on around us, stinks the place out.

If the club’s relegated from the premier league continue to get the parachute payments,a wage cap would only mean that there would be a cycle of the 3 clubs coming down virtually ensuring promotion again.
The remaining clubs wouldn’t be able to compete with them.
Being Honest on 10:21 - Jul 13 with 1018 viewsHamptonR

I have lost all of my income for the whole of lock-down and I am not entitled to any help from the government but I have maintained my 100% performance of being a top bloke and a dead good guy.
I haven't missed a beat.
Being Honest on 10:25 - Jul 13 with 997 viewsbosh67

"If 25% of your wages were deferred for 3 months would you lose motivation and let your performance levels drop?"

None of the other clubs in this division have and many have worse circumstances than ours. Something has unravelled at QPR during the lockdown. Not sure what but the player's body language is terrible and I don't think it is down to the losses.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Being Honest on 10:34 - Jul 13 with 962 viewsQPR_John

Being Honest on 10:25 - Jul 13 by bosh67

"If 25% of your wages were deferred for 3 months would you lose motivation and let your performance levels drop?"

None of the other clubs in this division have and many have worse circumstances than ours. Something has unravelled at QPR during the lockdown. Not sure what but the player's body language is terrible and I don't think it is down to the losses.

I think the club from top to bottom either believed 50 points was enough or that the championship would not be restarted and that mindset has clearly been difficult to shrug off. Add that to the fact the teams we have faced all had something to fight for.
Being Honest on 11:57 - Jul 13 with 854 viewsMelakaRanger

Deferred! That just means postponed, they will still get their money.

The average wage at QPR is £10,000 a week according to last seasons accounts. So the 'average' player is still getting £7,500 a week with £2,500 deferrred and to be paid at a later date. So in the 3 months of lockdown the 'average' player has been paid best part of £100,000! And you think they might lack motivation because of that........

What about 'normal' people who have been on Furlough getting 80% of their pay (the 20% isnt deferred to be paid later).

Contrary to what you say there is a massive difference between a 'normal' person on say £30 grand a year getting put on a reduced salary of 80% (and that 20% is lost income) and a QPR player earning Half a Million a year and still being paid £7,500 a month and knowing that the 'missing' £2,500 will be paid to them later.

Nothwithstanding the charitable works/donations made by a number of players during lockdown, wouldn't it have been nice if they had actually helped their clubs financially by giving up 25% of their wages rather than just deferring them?
Being Honest on 12:09 - Jul 13 with 821 viewsBazzeR

Being Honest on 11:57 - Jul 13 by MelakaRanger

Deferred! That just means postponed, they will still get their money.

The average wage at QPR is £10,000 a week according to last seasons accounts. So the 'average' player is still getting £7,500 a week with £2,500 deferrred and to be paid at a later date. So in the 3 months of lockdown the 'average' player has been paid best part of £100,000! And you think they might lack motivation because of that........

What about 'normal' people who have been on Furlough getting 80% of their pay (the 20% isnt deferred to be paid later).

Contrary to what you say there is a massive difference between a 'normal' person on say £30 grand a year getting put on a reduced salary of 80% (and that 20% is lost income) and a QPR player earning Half a Million a year and still being paid £7,500 a month and knowing that the 'missing' £2,500 will be paid to them later.

Nothwithstanding the charitable works/donations made by a number of players during lockdown, wouldn't it have been nice if they had actually helped their clubs financially by giving up 25% of their wages rather than just deferring them?

Agree.
I’m in same boat as most on here..been furloughed since March,my employer has sent me redundancy bumph..I expect to lose my job in a week or so.
I was just putting it out there.
Being Honest on 12:10 - Jul 13 with 816 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Being Honest on 09:51 - Jul 13 by daveB

I don't buy that to be honest, I just think they are not playing well, senior players who set standards have gone and confidence is low plus we don't have a fit striker, that all has far more to do with our problems than wage deferrals.

The defensive problems from the last few games have been there all season

I agree to a large degree.

The only caveat I would make is that while GPS stats might say that we're putting in the miles during games I'm not sure our intensity levels are where they were. This can happen when you lose confidence, or lose certainty in either the tactics or your performance - the signs are usually momentary hesitation, weaker tackling, drops in crowding the oppo etc.

There really is no getting away from the fact that we have lost Wells, BFG, Hall, Pugh, Scowen and Hugill and that has to affect confidence.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 12:12]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024