Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County no fine or points deduction 14:24 - Aug 25 with 6511 viewsRangersw12

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:29 - Aug 25 with 5195 viewsEsox_Lucius

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/derby-county-points
A complete feckin' piss take

The grass is always greener.

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:39 - Aug 25 with 5139 viewsGalileo

Farce
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:42 - Aug 25 with 5112 viewsQPRSteve

You just knew it would happen. If it was us, we'd be kicked out of the league for cheating.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:46 - Aug 25 with 5072 viewsstowmarketrange

Is anyone really surprised at this outcome?
Derby are delighted at the result.I bet they fecking are.Carry on as normal Derby in your pitiful attempts to get to the premier league.
Another nail in football’s coffin.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:02 - Aug 25 with 4996 viewsdaveB

Another one to pin on the EFL, they agreed the sale at the time then changed their mind but didn't really have a leg to stand on after initially agreeing it
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:06 - Aug 25 with 4972 viewssprocket

Represented by Nick De Marco from this parish who helped QPR in the past with disputes with the FA most famously the Faurlin transfer.

Very clever man...
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 4937 viewsDWQPR

Let’s hope the likes of Steve Gibson really goes for the EFL this time. Absolute joke. Months before the sale Pride Park was valued at £41million. Suddenly it became £80million to keep them within the £39million three year rolling loss.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:14 - Aug 25 with 4913 viewsHunterhoop

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:11 - Aug 25 by DWQPR

Let’s hope the likes of Steve Gibson really goes for the EFL this time. Absolute joke. Months before the sale Pride Park was valued at £41million. Suddenly it became £80million to keep them within the £39million three year rolling loss.

That is precisely what is wrong here.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 4895 viewsPhildo

goodbye ffp hello wage cap ...
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:25 - Aug 25 with 4845 viewsted_hendrix

Flabbergasted, shocked, never saw this happening, whatever next?

Does anybody care?

Bearded fat boy miss hits a pass

Yawn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:28 - Aug 25 with 4680 viewsOldPedro

Do we actually know who sits on these independent commissions that make these decisions?? How independent are they?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:38 - Aug 25 with 4607 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks.

FFP in itself is fine as a notion, but needs some serious reform.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 16:40]
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:40 - Aug 25 with 4599 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:28 - Aug 25 by OldPedro

Do we actually know who sits on these independent commissions that make these decisions?? How independent are they?

Wayne Rooney’s agent and the ceo of 32 red must be 2 of them.Maybe Ernie Saunders is the other one now that his dementia has cleared up?
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 4463 viewsStanisgod

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:40 - Aug 25 by stowmarketrange

Wayne Rooney’s agent and the ceo of 32 red must be 2 of them.Maybe Ernie Saunders is the other one now that his dementia has cleared up?

Meanwhile Florist add yet another to their annual cast of thousands

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:33 - Aug 25 with 4315 viewsbosh67

From what I can tell in reading the story it does appear they just about managed to stay within the rules. It is a farce because the rules are there to be bent but it does appear they just about stayed within the law, as the hearing found. It does however feel like they have played their last joker on this and I suspect they will have to radically cut back to stay with in the rules going forward which may mean Wayne can't afford to keep his head thatched much longer?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 4225 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:33 - Aug 25 by bosh67

From what I can tell in reading the story it does appear they just about managed to stay within the rules. It is a farce because the rules are there to be bent but it does appear they just about stayed within the law, as the hearing found. It does however feel like they have played their last joker on this and I suspect they will have to radically cut back to stay with in the rules going forward which may mean Wayne can't afford to keep his head thatched much longer?

I think all his wages are being paid by 32 red.His hair is paid for by the belgravia clinic.And his women are sponsored by saga and sanatogen.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:59 - Aug 25 with 4201 viewsbosh67

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 19:56 - Aug 25 by stowmarketrange

I think all his wages are being paid by 32 red.His hair is paid for by the belgravia clinic.And his women are sponsored by saga and sanatogen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:05 - Aug 25 with 4168 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Been watching SkySportsNews on and off today, thanks to the unfolding Eze story.

Now I might be mistaken but, I've seen loads about Harry McGuire and the England squad, Shepherds Bush's favourite jock and the Scotland squad, but bugger all about Derby.

Nice to see Sky are taking care of their friends.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:20 - Aug 25 with 4104 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 16:38 - Aug 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not moody about this because we got a fine and they didn’t, I’m moody about this because it completely undermines clubs like us, Preston, and Brentford who are trying to do the right thing for football by bringing kids through the ranks.

FFP in itself is fine as a notion, but needs some serious reform.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 16:40]

To be fair we only started doing the right thing once we were fined for doing the wrong.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 20:20]
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:27 - Aug 25 with 4065 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Disappointing but unsurprising news. Whilst not in the spirit of the game, as far as I can tell Derby didn't break any rules. If it's true that the EFL initially ratified the deal before changing its mind then the independent disciplinary commission had little choice but to drop the charges.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:51 - Aug 25 with 3973 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:27 - Aug 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Disappointing but unsurprising news. Whilst not in the spirit of the game, as far as I can tell Derby didn't break any rules. If it's true that the EFL initially ratified the deal before changing its mind then the independent disciplinary commission had little choice but to drop the charges.

Selling your house to the person who already owns it for twice the price is ok then?I wonder if ordinary householders have thought of this?
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 02:46 - Aug 26 with 3743 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 20:51 - Aug 25 by stowmarketrange

Selling your house to the person who already owns it for twice the price is ok then?I wonder if ordinary householders have thought of this?

I don't like it anymore than you do but the simple fact is Derby didn't break FFP rules. They found a loophole and took advantage. All the EFL can do is tighten the rules to prevent a reoccurrence. All we can hope is that clubs like Derby fail to make the Premier League and end up worse off in the end.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 03:31 - Aug 26 with 3731 viewstimcocking

Don't like to say i told you so again, but...
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:42 - Aug 26 with 3536 viewsQPR_John

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 02:46 - Aug 26 by Benny_the_Ball

I don't like it anymore than you do but the simple fact is Derby didn't break FFP rules. They found a loophole and took advantage. All the EFL can do is tighten the rules to prevent a reoccurrence. All we can hope is that clubs like Derby fail to make the Premier League and end up worse off in the end.

A while back there was talk of getting round FFP with an exaggerated sponsorship deal. The FL said they would cover this by looking at any deal to be withing market values.
Derby County no fine or points deduction on 15:00 - Aug 26 with 3498 viewsHunterhoop

Derby County no fine or points deduction on 14:42 - Aug 26 by QPR_John

A while back there was talk of getting round FFP with an exaggerated sponsorship deal. The FL said they would cover this by looking at any deal to be withing market values.

Exactly. And there is no way this land (probably any land) in Derby (!) is worth £81m...especially when it was valued at 40m the year before. That is the issue. That is what the EFL should be taking them to task over. It’s not market value.

Why not just sell all your assets (desks, tables, chairs, PCs, kitchen utensils) to your owner at vastly inflated prices? It’s a nonsense.

Doing this with your ground is bad for the long term viability of that football club, and, if allowed, incentivises others to do it, this risking lots of clubs, which is completely counter to the EFL’s objective of protecting clubs. And doing all this at a price completely unrelated to market value is clearly against the principles of FFP. Whether the EFL sanctioned it, then realised their stupidity should be secondary. They should bring a case about the sale price being unrealistic against market value and therefore a means for the club and owner to circumnavigate the rules, as the primary purpose to the transaction,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024