Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Brentford stadium... 11:40 - Sep 8 with 9164 viewsjoe90

Looking really spiff in these pictures:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2020/sep/07/brentfords-futuristic-stad

Does make you wonder why we've found it so difficult and if we will ever get a new ground.
New Brentford stadium... on 15:31 - Sep 8 with 1879 viewsblacky200

New Brentford stadium... on 13:29 - Sep 8 by joe90

Average attendance from the 18/19 season was 13,866 so assuming we can sell out every game in the 22k stadium would see an 8,134 increase...even that seems unrealistic.

When consider that 22k is looks ambitious.

Increased income generation in a new stadium is also based on non-football related activity not just match day revenue.

Yeah I agree in the Championship its unlikely to sell out but the ambition must be getting into the Prem (last time we were there we were virtually at capacity every game).
New Brentford stadium... on 15:52 - Sep 8 with 1830 viewsRangersDave

Shit on a stick, thats pretty awful.

Yeah ok the stadium is rather bland, but the concourses...... steps that come down and form a bottleneck because theres a cross walkway there....... should have been 'in line' with the walkway, so peeps filtered properly.

Dark areas caused by high walls and small windows, look stygian, and even with lights on look dark.....

Whats that access? for vehicles or fans or both? yee gods.

Not how you expect a new ground to be!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

New Brentford stadium... on 15:53 - Sep 8 with 1830 viewsstevec

You simply cannot compete medium or long term in the Premier without a 30k plus capacity stadium.

Like Brentford’s new stadium and am I correct they built it for £75 mill? Great business if they have.

Hard to criticise their ground unless they’ve slipped up and installed knee busting seating all round the stadium for their fans to suffer the next 35 years.
New Brentford stadium... on 17:00 - Sep 8 with 1769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's pretty shocking, isn't it?

It's not just the godawful seat idea - Thomond Park in Limerick also used this idea and it also looks amateurish - it's the hideously angular look to everything - the four corners are barbaric and dystopian, the main stand is surely nicked from The Ricoh, it's far, far too small and the floodlights look like Giant Insects looking for a place to crap.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Brentford stadium... on 17:18 - Sep 8 with 1726 viewsManti

New Brentford stadium... on 15:07 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

You seriously think you’ll sell out every game in a post covid era?Once the novelty of sitting in a different coloured seat for 6 games wears off,you will struggle to fill it unless you reach the premier league in the next year or two.
I think crowds will be lower across all divisions for a few years,so good luck selling out a stadium a 1/3 bigger than your old one.

Well we've already sold 11,500 season tickets for the new season. Normally you'd add the away supporters to that (obviously not atm) which would be another 2k. Then the causuals who dont have a ST. Say another 2k. That's up to 15,500. Pretty full with no restricted views and all seats with plenty of leg room - unlike GP or LR! Anyway it will look pretty full even without the coloured seats.
New Brentford stadium... on 17:34 - Sep 8 with 1706 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Brentford stadium... on 15:53 - Sep 8 by stevec

You simply cannot compete medium or long term in the Premier without a 30k plus capacity stadium.

Like Brentford’s new stadium and am I correct they built it for £75 mill? Great business if they have.

Hard to criticise their ground unless they’ve slipped up and installed knee busting seating all round the stadium for their fans to suffer the next 35 years.

Not true really

‘Gate receipts made up just 13% of English Premier League clubs’ total revenue, compared to 16% in Germany and 18% in Spain’

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2020/01/27/european-clubs-see-biggest-gate-
New Brentford stadium... on 17:42 - Sep 8 with 1686 viewsqprxtc

New Brentford stadium... on 15:31 - Sep 8 by switchingcode

The Griffin and New inn staying Princess Royal not reopening The Brook formerly Royal Oak not sure hadn’t reopened when I was there 2 weeks ago.

That’s a shame. I hope the other pubs in the area survive. It may be a bit of a trudge from there to the new ground now.
New Brentford stadium... on 17:42 - Sep 8 with 1686 viewsTacticalR

New Brentford stadium... on 17:34 - Sep 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not true really

‘Gate receipts made up just 13% of English Premier League clubs’ total revenue, compared to 16% in Germany and 18% in Spain’

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2020/01/27/european-clubs-see-biggest-gate-

That's interesting. I would have guessed that the gate receipts made up a higher proportion of revenue in Germany.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

New Brentford stadium... on 17:44 - Sep 8 with 1678 viewsDejR_vu

They have a sensible owner who takes the club and what he’s doing with it seriously. TF was like a kid in a sweet shop. He treated the club like a rich man’s toy, it was just a massive ego trip.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 18:13]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New Brentford stadium... on 17:55 - Sep 8 with 1651 viewsR_from_afar

New Brentford stadium... on 13:29 - Sep 8 by joe90

Average attendance from the 18/19 season was 13,866 so assuming we can sell out every game in the 22k stadium would see an 8,134 increase...even that seems unrealistic.

When consider that 22k is looks ambitious.

Increased income generation in a new stadium is also based on non-football related activity not just match day revenue.

Your point about non-football related activity is a key one.

Per Hoos, our current stadium offers very limited opportunities to generate revenue other than on matchdays.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New Brentford stadium... on 18:04 - Sep 8 with 1622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Brentford stadium... on 17:42 - Sep 8 by TacticalR

That's interesting. I would have guessed that the gate receipts made up a higher proportion of revenue in Germany.

I expect they probably used to, but TV money in Germany has rocketed in the last 20 years.

Also tickets are cheaper, probably because fan owned clubs insist on it.
New Brentford stadium... on 18:18 - Sep 8 with 1590 viewsCiderwithRsie

New Brentford stadium... on 11:56 - Sep 8 by DevonWhite

The seats look dreadful. About the only thing it's got going for it is that it's not another identikit bowl.

Overall I like it a lot - I like the quirkiness of the stands, the vaguely Empire Strikes Back floodlights, the fact that it is right in the middle of housing in their heartland.

But I agree on the seats, as though they are designed to disguise an empty stadium (which it is obviously now, but I wouldn't have thought that is a look you'd want in the long term)

It did make me wonder if you could design the seats so that the whole thing looked like the upholstery on a tube train.
New Brentford stadium... on 18:38 - Sep 8 with 1549 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 15:07 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

You seriously think you’ll sell out every game in a post covid era?Once the novelty of sitting in a different coloured seat for 6 games wears off,you will struggle to fill it unless you reach the premier league in the next year or two.
I think crowds will be lower across all divisions for a few years,so good luck selling out a stadium a 1/3 bigger than your old one.

Obviously this Covid business will have an effect.

But if/when that's sorted (I know, I know) then I really think we'll sell out since:

(a ) We were selling out GP at 11k before the virus;
(b ) We've sold 11k ST's for Lionel Road already this season - nearly all after the virus struck;
(c ) We will be able to accommodate up to 2k away fans;
(d ) There's the 'New Stadium Novelty' which all clubs seem to enjoy (see eg Reading at the Madjeski, even WHU at the (awful) Stratford bowl;
(e ) If/when tourism to London recovers then we will undoubtedly get some of them at games - if there are any tickets left!

All of which disregards the possbility of promotion to the PL.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 18:39]
New Brentford stadium... on 18:56 - Sep 8 with 1510 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 17:42 - Sep 8 by qprxtc

That’s a shame. I hope the other pubs in the area survive. It may be a bit of a trudge from there to the new ground now.

Actually I had heard the Princess Royal is due to be a Tesco Local.
The Griffin will be fine with regular non-football business.
Unsure about the New Inn.
And my guess is that the Brook (formerly Royal Oak) is hoping to operate as a trendy-ish Gastropub (or at least was pre-Covid.).

Beyond that, many fans say they're going to continue their normal GP routine, since it's only a 15 minute walk to Lionel Road.

Remains to be seen, I suppose.
New Brentford stadium... on 18:57 - Sep 8 with 1518 viewsParkRoyalR

New Brentford stadium... on 18:38 - Sep 8 by NewBee

Obviously this Covid business will have an effect.

But if/when that's sorted (I know, I know) then I really think we'll sell out since:

(a ) We were selling out GP at 11k before the virus;
(b ) We've sold 11k ST's for Lionel Road already this season - nearly all after the virus struck;
(c ) We will be able to accommodate up to 2k away fans;
(d ) There's the 'New Stadium Novelty' which all clubs seem to enjoy (see eg Reading at the Madjeski, even WHU at the (awful) Stratford bowl;
(e ) If/when tourism to London recovers then we will undoubtedly get some of them at games - if there are any tickets left!

All of which disregards the possbility of promotion to the PL.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 18:39]

f) depends on how Arsenal etc start the season and if the 5k two-teamers revert back to the club they actually support and leave Brentford's very loyal 6k support to continue to support their team in the company of their fellow Bees
New Brentford stadium... on 19:38 - Sep 8 with 1479 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Has anyone pulled up the OP for using the term 'spiff' yet?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 19:38]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Brentford stadium... on 20:01 - Sep 8 with 1453 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

As for the Brentford Community Stadium.

It's a bit nicer than Griffin Park.

Still not as good as Loftus Rd

*Edit - QPR - Brentford rivalry has to be the most boring rivalry on the planet. Can we give it a rest now please
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:04]

New Brentford stadium... on 20:27 - Sep 8 with 1417 viewsJuzzie

“Does make you wonder why we've found it so difficult......” I don’t think it was easy for Brentford either, took a while and other sites mooted before getting Lionel Rd.
New Brentford stadium... on 20:42 - Sep 8 with 1382 viewsMyke

Hmm, fair bit of giving out about Brentford posters on the site and then we dedicate a two page thread to their new stadium... who actually cares?
New Brentford stadium... on 20:49 - Sep 8 with 1370 viewsqpr_1968

New Brentford stadium... on 20:42 - Sep 8 by Myke

Hmm, fair bit of giving out about Brentford posters on the site and then we dedicate a two page thread to their new stadium... who actually cares?

no we don't care about brentford. i don't, but, a lot of half and half scarfers on here do.
the ground is an abortion....but fair play to the brentford on here who like it, and the deluded r's that do......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

New Brentford stadium... on 21:04 - Sep 8 with 1353 viewsqprxtc

New Brentford stadium... on 18:56 - Sep 8 by NewBee

Actually I had heard the Princess Royal is due to be a Tesco Local.
The Griffin will be fine with regular non-football business.
Unsure about the New Inn.
And my guess is that the Brook (formerly Royal Oak) is hoping to operate as a trendy-ish Gastropub (or at least was pre-Covid.).

Beyond that, many fans say they're going to continue their normal GP routine, since it's only a 15 minute walk to Lionel Road.

Remains to be seen, I suppose.

A year or so back I met a couple of mates (Bees fans) in The Princess Royal for a Friday night pub crawl of Brentford.

Got in the about 4.30. Two blokes down by the dartboard and the barman. Quiet I would say. Ordered a Guinness and no sooner had I sat down, than the two blokes by the dartboard started laying into each other. Barman watched on.

I stuck my iPod on, kept my head down and sunk my Guinness.

I’ll miss that place.
New Brentford stadium... on 21:24 - Sep 8 with 1315 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The New Inn get a lot of Irish and Scottish going in for Celtic games so they should be ok. I go passed the Princess Royal quite a lot and never many in there even before COVID. The Royal Horseguardsman down the road on the corner of Albany Rd looks like a bit of a rough-house as an alternative.

New Brentford stadium... on 21:27 - Sep 8 with 1305 viewsqpr_1968

morgans was the place.

New Brentford stadium... on 21:34 - Sep 8 with 1293 viewsqprxtc

New Brentford stadium... on 21:27 - Sep 8 by qpr_1968

morgans was the place.

Bloody good Guinness in there.
New Brentford stadium... on 21:35 - Sep 8 with 1290 viewsqpr_1968

New Brentford stadium... on 21:34 - Sep 8 by qprxtc

Bloody good Guinness in there.

cant find a decent pint of guinness anywhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024