Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Ref 16:00 - Sep 30 with 6262 viewspaulhoop2

Due to a previous thread ( lee mason ) I have been thinking Of the worst ever referee I have seen live for me I have a unforgettable top 3 - Rob Styles , Andy Hall and Clives favourite Trevor Kettle ! Anyone else got a memorable ref ? On the flip side who was the best referee you have seen live involving rangers for me it’s Mark Clatenburgs play off semi against Wigan performance let the game flow really well etc also for me another 2 were Dermott Gallagher and Howard Webb

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst Ref on 18:36 - Oct 1 with 1493 viewsjohncharles

Let’s not forget Captain Kettle, short fat and useless

Strong and stable my arse.

Worst Ref on 21:10 - Oct 3 with 1377 viewspaulhoop2

Can’t believe Clive is quiet on this one lol always love his write ups about kettle lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst Ref on 21:38 - Oct 3 with 1353 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Can't believe no one is blackguarding today's fool
Worst Ref on 21:56 - Oct 3 with 1334 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Ref on 00:35 - Oct 1 by hateley_legend

Can’t believe we’ve got this far down the thread before Robbie Hart’s name is mentioned.

The amount of injury time added to the second half of that game was corrupt - there is simply no other word for it. I probably need to be a bit careful what I say here - so let’s just say that if it ever came out in the future that Hart had been paid to ensure United went away without losing that day, I would not be in the least bit surprised. That’s how strongly I feel about that game.

Let's just put it this way - that was our "Champions of Europe" Day.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Ref on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 1330 viewsEsox_Lucius

In reverse order;
3: Singh, Gurnam
2: Gurnam fücking Singh
3: Both of the above.

The grass is always greener.

Worst Ref on 21:59 - Oct 3 with 1320 viewsSK_hoops

I was at that Crewe game as a 14 year old with my dad. He was doing everything he could not to swear in front of me, but just lost it and started calling the referee a w***er. Absolute shocker. Two of our players who got 2 yellows got booked because Crewe players were taking quick free kicks and kicking the ball against our players before they had a chance to move. Ref shouldn't have fallen for those antics.
Worst Ref on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 1207 viewsfrancisbowles

Worst Ref on 21:38 - Oct 3 by WrightUp5hit___

Can't believe no one is blackguarding today's fool

He was poor, almost every decision went their way. I think we pissed him off by being late for each half. Humourless git making no allowances for the current dressing room situation and the extreme wet weather.
Worst Ref on 17:40 - Oct 4 with 1172 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 14:42 - Oct 4 by francisbowles

He was poor, almost every decision went their way. I think we pissed him off by being late for each half. Humourless git making no allowances for the current dressing room situation and the extreme wet weather.

We were penalised 13 times for fouls, them 11 - hardly 'almost every decision'
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Ref on 17:47 - Oct 4 with 1163 viewsNorthernr

There have been many individual performances where a referee has had a bad day, just as players do. For me in my time watching football the most consistently awful ones every time you saw them were Styles, Hall, Kettle and Singh. Those four are/were different gravy.

Keith Stroud has gone from being quite a decent ref to an absolute perisistent liability and the Newcastle v Burton farce should have been the end of him. He and Andy Woolmer are the biggest liabilities on the Champ list at the moment. Not close to that top four yet though. Styles was so abysmal I started to think he was doing it deliberately just for laughs.

Clattenburg grew into the best referee in this country, I thought it was a shame he withdrew as early as he did, nobody in the Prem currently remotely close to his level. As said higher up his performance in the play off semi final at ours was as good as you'll ever see a football game refereed - I don't think he was ever more than 5 yards from antyhing that happened. Graham Poll was much maligned but I thought he was very good, if arrogant, and, again, better than anything that's currently reffing, apart from maybe Michael Oliver.
Worst Ref on 09:54 - Oct 5 with 1075 viewsfrancisbowles

Worst Ref on 17:40 - Oct 4 by PinnerPaul

We were penalised 13 times for fouls, them 11 - hardly 'almost every decision'

Not just about the stats though is it Pinner? They were much more physical than us yet most debatable calls seemed to go their way. He didn't want to give anything for pulling or holding in the box. Safe refereeing, I suppose you would say. 'Ref as you would expect it to be reffed', or something like that,. Lol

However the handball given against Kakay, guessed and wrong when positioned behind him? That was an atrocious decision.
Worst Ref on 12:16 - Oct 5 with 1037 viewsW7Ranger

Worst Ref on 21:59 - Oct 3 by SK_hoops

I was at that Crewe game as a 14 year old with my dad. He was doing everything he could not to swear in front of me, but just lost it and started calling the referee a w***er. Absolute shocker. Two of our players who got 2 yellows got booked because Crewe players were taking quick free kicks and kicking the ball against our players before they had a chance to move. Ref shouldn't have fallen for those antics.

Stephen Kelly and Clarke Carlisle if memory serves me right?
Worst Ref on 14:05 - Oct 5 with 999 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 17:47 - Oct 4 by Northernr

There have been many individual performances where a referee has had a bad day, just as players do. For me in my time watching football the most consistently awful ones every time you saw them were Styles, Hall, Kettle and Singh. Those four are/were different gravy.

Keith Stroud has gone from being quite a decent ref to an absolute perisistent liability and the Newcastle v Burton farce should have been the end of him. He and Andy Woolmer are the biggest liabilities on the Champ list at the moment. Not close to that top four yet though. Styles was so abysmal I started to think he was doing it deliberately just for laughs.

Clattenburg grew into the best referee in this country, I thought it was a shame he withdrew as early as he did, nobody in the Prem currently remotely close to his level. As said higher up his performance in the play off semi final at ours was as good as you'll ever see a football game refereed - I don't think he was ever more than 5 yards from antyhing that happened. Graham Poll was much maligned but I thought he was very good, if arrogant, and, again, better than anything that's currently reffing, apart from maybe Michael Oliver.

Can't argue with much of that, although Clattenburg didn't just leave, he went off to a highly lucrative new job!
Worst Ref on 14:06 - Oct 5 with 997 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 09:54 - Oct 5 by francisbowles

Not just about the stats though is it Pinner? They were much more physical than us yet most debatable calls seemed to go their way. He didn't want to give anything for pulling or holding in the box. Safe refereeing, I suppose you would say. 'Ref as you would expect it to be reffed', or something like that,. Lol

However the handball given against Kakay, guessed and wrong when positioned behind him? That was an atrocious decision.

Fair enough and hands up here, I've only seen highlights.

We're due a few more monsoons this week, so will watch the 90' during one of them and see what I think.
Worst Ref on 15:17 - Oct 5 with 973 viewsfrancisbowles

Worst Ref on 14:06 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough and hands up here, I've only seen highlights.

We're due a few more monsoons this week, so will watch the 90' during one of them and see what I think.

Respect Pinner, that's going to be a hard watch when you already know the outcome. Lol
Worst Ref on 15:21 - Oct 5 with 968 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 15:17 - Oct 5 by francisbowles

Respect Pinner, that's going to be a hard watch when you already know the outcome. Lol

I don't watch the 90' when we've lost!
Worst Ref on 15:39 - Oct 5 with 958 viewsloftus77

Worst Ref on 16:03 - Sep 30 by Maggsinho

Gurnham Singh in that Spurs game in the early nineties.

Yep, really interesting thread this - but it should have simply been stopped and locked down with this (the 2nd) post.

Nothing comes close to Mr Singh's 'entry' from that fabled day - how could a refereeing display be worse short of abandoning a game, aliens landing or a 4-minute warning (which I'm sure said 'ref' would have mistimed anyway)?

Nearly 30? years on and its a case of - did that really happen?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:40]
Worst Ref on 17:59 - Oct 5 with 917 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 15:17 - Oct 5 by francisbowles

Well monsoon arrived earlier in the week than predicted (what a surprise!) so just watched it.

Honestly thought ref was fine - can't see where Clive got the over fussy from - let as much go as he gave. Nothing major wrong, both yellows correct, didn't miss any and nice to see added time added to added time correctly.

Have to make one point about my friend Mr London

Lees goes off " Hope the referee adds added time to the added time for this slow walk off by Lees"

After we score and game continues " Don't know where the referee is getting this time from?"
Worst Ref on 19:10 - Oct 5 with 888 viewsSK_hoops

Worst Ref on 12:16 - Oct 5 by W7Ranger

Stephen Kelly and Clarke Carlisle if memory serves me right?

Correct!
Worst Ref on 19:24 - Oct 5 with 876 viewsfrancisbowles

Worst Ref on 17:59 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

Well monsoon arrived earlier in the week than predicted (what a surprise!) so just watched it.

Honestly thought ref was fine - can't see where Clive got the over fussy from - let as much go as he gave. Nothing major wrong, both yellows correct, didn't miss any and nice to see added time added to added time correctly.

Lees goes off " Hope the referee adds added time to the added time for this slow walk off by Lees"

After we score and game continues " Don't know where the referee is getting this time from?"

Fair enough Pinner but Nick London means well.

Incidentally, does anyone know apart from commentating on our streams and audios, what else does Nick do?
Worst Ref on 19:44 - Oct 5 with 861 viewsCamberleyR

Worst Ref on 19:24 - Oct 5 by francisbowles

Fair enough Pinner but Nick London means well.

Incidentally, does anyone know apart from commentating on our streams and audios, what else does Nick do?

Don't know what else he does now (I suspect other freelance commentary) but back in the day he used to be one of the match reporters on BBC Radio London's Saturday sports programme.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Worst Ref on 21:41 - Oct 5 with 839 viewsfrancisbowles

Worst Ref on 19:44 - Oct 5 by CamberleyR

Don't know what else he does now (I suspect other freelance commentary) but back in the day he used to be one of the match reporters on BBC Radio London's Saturday sports programme.

Thanks CamberleyR.
Worst Ref on 23:13 - Oct 5 with 821 viewsNorthernr

Worst Ref on 17:59 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

We should sit and go through a game together. I think basically all of that post is wrong. And I'm sure you feel the same about some of mine.
Worst Ref on 15:00 - Oct 6 with 766 viewsPinnerPaul

Worst Ref on 23:13 - Oct 5 by Northernr

We should sit and go through a game together. I think basically all of that post is wrong. And I'm sure you feel the same about some of mine.

I'm used to it Clive!

On my own and in a 'three' often come off thinking ''That went well' only for one or more! to tell me/us it didn't!

Accept the ref bit - cards/foulls etc, its all opinions, but his timekeeping WAS spot on, unlike Mr London's!

Anal I know but here goes - he added 5 - MW said on offy 4th official told him that were 30 seconds left when we scored - that was 95 30" - so a minute for the slow walk off was correct. So ignore our slow walks back after the goal - still 30 seconds left - after about that we got a throw and no one wanted to take it - never a good idea to blow for FT then, looks like players have 'won' - so he waited for us to take it and then blew.

Honestly thought 'Oh he missed one there' as much as '"Oh that was bit fussy" and yes, you're right its football, we're bound to disagree but REALLY can't see what was wrong with the yellows and can't remember him missing one.

I'll pass on watching it yet again thanks, don't think it would do either of us much good - it wasn't exactly a thriller was it?!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 15:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024