Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah incoming? 19:28 - Oct 1 with 14384 viewsconnell10

According to Dave Mac

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Adomah incoming? on 10:11 - Oct 2 with 3506 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm going to claim without checking the evidence that we signed Wilkins, Furlong and Hill all at age 33.
We're due another one of those legends.

Bare bones.

Adomah incoming? on 10:31 - Oct 2 with 3428 viewsBAWHoops

It's a ludicrous, OTT, silly, signing and he will take up wages and the place in the team of someone younger looking to prove something.

But he's a QPR fan and used to tear it up at this level so I don't give a shit and am very excited!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Adomah incoming? on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 3311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adomah incoming? on 10:31 - Oct 2 by BAWHoops

It's a ludicrous, OTT, silly, signing and he will take up wages and the place in the team of someone younger looking to prove something.

But he's a QPR fan and used to tear it up at this level so I don't give a shit and am very excited!

ha ha
I have to say, you have to take age as a factor, but we shouldn't blanket everyone over 30 with this idea that they don't csare, or don't feel they have anything to prove. As I intimated above - would you level that at Ray Wilkins when he signed? Or Hill? Or Furlong? We have a LOT of young players and while people have rightly pointed out how many forwards we have lost, it's worth noting how much experience we lost too recently: Rangel, Hall, Wells, and foodie footballer. We won't be breaking our wage structure, so what's not to like?

Bare bones.

Adomah incoming? on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 3128 viewsbakerloo8

Would be very happy with Adomah. Think he has a lot to offer if only for a couple of seasons. Good player 👌
Adomah incoming? on 12:13 - Oct 2 with 3050 viewsDavieQPR

Not to sure Forest will let him go as that will leave them with only 40 Senior players. Would prefer Green as he fits current team philosophy.
Adomah incoming? on 12:25 - Oct 2 with 2990 viewsterryb

Adomah incoming? on 10:11 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

I'm going to claim without checking the evidence that we signed Wilkins, Furlong and Hill all at age 33.
We're due another one of those legends.

I think you will find that McLintock was a fair bit older than 33!

Mind you, isn't Cameron meant to be our old age up & coming legend at the moment?
Adomah incoming? on 12:27 - Oct 2 with 2973 viewsrsonist

Adomah incoming? on 10:51 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

ha ha
I have to say, you have to take age as a factor, but we shouldn't blanket everyone over 30 with this idea that they don't csare, or don't feel they have anything to prove. As I intimated above - would you level that at Ray Wilkins when he signed? Or Hill? Or Furlong? We have a LOT of young players and while people have rightly pointed out how many forwards we have lost, it's worth noting how much experience we lost too recently: Rangel, Hall, Wells, and foodie footballer. We won't be breaking our wage structure, so what's not to like?

I don't quite see the strategy in having Bright, Thomas, and Adomah competing on the right personally, if that is how it pans out. It's Ollie-ish. Yeah yeah versatility/options/hard slog season but you still need your pathways to be clear.
Adomah incoming? on 12:30 - Oct 2 with 2937 viewsNorthernr

Adomah incoming? on 12:27 - Oct 2 by rsonist

I don't quite see the strategy in having Bright, Thomas, and Adomah competing on the right personally, if that is how it pans out. It's Ollie-ish. Yeah yeah versatility/options/hard slog season but you still need your pathways to be clear.

We had a similar situation last year with a very senior and experienced player Pugh unable to get in, and us looking for excuses to include.
Login to get fewer ads

Adomah incoming? on 12:31 - Oct 2 with 2930 viewsChrisNW6

Has played 588 league games and rarely gets injured. Really solid performer and proven at this level. Would be a great signing.
Adomah incoming? on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 2816 viewsBklynRanger

Adomah incoming? on 12:30 - Oct 2 by Northernr

We had a similar situation last year with a very senior and experienced player Pugh unable to get in, and us looking for excuses to include.

All three of those can play on either side though shirley?
Adomah incoming? on 13:53 - Oct 2 with 2595 viewsPhilmyRs

I think this would be a good signing and don't see it as blocking the pathway to the younger players.

The Manager has already shown he'll back you regardless of age, even if it means one of his own, preferred signings doesn't play. A Chair/Thomas, BOS and Adomah front 3 is quite exciting, with the option to mix it up and have the new forward from Charlton to play alongside Dykes as another option.

A little bit worried for Smyth - a player I like - but we need to replace a lot of goals and quality following the Eze, Wells and Hugs departures so can understand why we're going down this road. He's proven, and he'a a fan.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 13:54]
Adomah incoming? on 13:54 - Oct 2 with 2593 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Adomah incoming? on 22:34 - Oct 1 by GloryHunter

"Key to this story is whether or not Adomah's willing to fit in our post-Covid wage structure and available on a free."

Albert seems like a bright lad. Maybe he has banked his previous football earnings, rather than p*ssing it away on a Bentley, and maybe he sees the writing on the wall regarding the current state of football finances, and realises that a couple of years' swansong on £5k a week with the club he loves wouldn't be a bad move.

And right there is everything thats wrong with football today. When did half a million pounds for 2 years work become normal and a good deal? Im not exactly on the bones of my arse, but i would have to work about 17 years to earn that.
Adomah incoming? on 14:00 - Oct 2 with 2545 viewsWadR

Understand the argument of his experience being helpful. Hundreds of games at this level, multiple promotions, supports the club - that's all good.

But, there's a marked difference between signing an ageing CB a la Hill, CM like Wilkins or even striker like Furlong compared with a winger. I genuinely can't think of many wingers in recent years who haven't fallen off a cliff performance wise by 32/33 without moving inside or upfront. And don't think his performances for Forest or Cardiff last year are particularly promising.

I think you saw it with Pugh a lot last year - where the touch, the intelligence, hell the Cruyff turns were all still there but his legs just seemed gone. Which meant he was a passenger a lot of the time.
Adomah incoming? on 14:11 - Oct 2 with 2483 viewsPhilmyRs

Adomah incoming? on 14:00 - Oct 2 by WadR

Understand the argument of his experience being helpful. Hundreds of games at this level, multiple promotions, supports the club - that's all good.

But, there's a marked difference between signing an ageing CB a la Hill, CM like Wilkins or even striker like Furlong compared with a winger. I genuinely can't think of many wingers in recent years who haven't fallen off a cliff performance wise by 32/33 without moving inside or upfront. And don't think his performances for Forest or Cardiff last year are particularly promising.

I think you saw it with Pugh a lot last year - where the touch, the intelligence, hell the Cruyff turns were all still there but his legs just seemed gone. Which meant he was a passenger a lot of the time.

Always thought Chris Waddle offered some quality service to Shef Weds back in the day and he must have been getting on a fair bit when they signed him. Get your point though but at 33 and just for this and possibly next season, not a bad deal and will improve us and educate the youngsters etc.
Adomah incoming? on 14:19 - Oct 2 with 2428 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It’s not as if he’s been flogged like a pit-pony over the last few years either.

He’s probably chopping at the bit to be unleashed. I think it fair to say that with the common sense that guides us these days, he’s not going to be signed unless he ticks all the boxes.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Adomah incoming? on 14:23 - Oct 2 with 2390 viewsgobbles

Adomah incoming? on 20:27 - Oct 1 by flynnbo

Fingers crossed in that case. Who was our last Albert if it comes off?

Addinall
Adomah incoming? on 14:56 - Oct 2 with 2218 viewsAddinall

Adomah incoming? on 14:23 - Oct 2 by gobbles

Addinall

You called?
Adomah incoming? on 15:27 - Oct 2 with 2070 viewsfrancisbowles

Adomah incoming? on 14:11 - Oct 2 by PhilmyRs

Always thought Chris Waddle offered some quality service to Shef Weds back in the day and he must have been getting on a fair bit when they signed him. Get your point though but at 33 and just for this and possibly next season, not a bad deal and will improve us and educate the youngsters etc.

Think it depends on whether the winger is mainly a speed merchant or has good close control, skill and reading of the game, which I think Waddle had.

Don't know enough about Albert to know if he is that sort of player.
Adomah incoming? on 15:31 - Oct 2 with 2035 viewsMick_S

Adomah incoming? on 15:27 - Oct 2 by francisbowles

Think it depends on whether the winger is mainly a speed merchant or has good close control, skill and reading of the game, which I think Waddle had.

Don't know enough about Albert to know if he is that sort of player.

Apologies regarding the music.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Adomah incoming? on 15:33 - Oct 2 with 2017 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does he not play through the middle too?

Bare bones.

Adomah incoming? on 15:41 - Oct 2 with 1954 viewsfrancisbowles

Forest contract cancelled by mutual consent. Report from twitter about 10 mins ago.
Adomah incoming? on 15:44 - Oct 2 with 1929 viewscollegeranger

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2020/october/nottingham-forest-midfielde
Adomah incoming? on 15:45 - Oct 2 with 1923 viewsfrancisbowles

Adomah incoming? on 15:31 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

Apologies regarding the music.

Nice, good skills, 6ft as well. Will be 33 in December.

Looks like he is coming.

Clive should be able to recycle from the times he didn't come.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 15:46]
Adomah incoming? on 15:49 - Oct 2 with 1883 viewsDixie_CT

Adomah incoming? on 15:41 - Oct 2 by francisbowles

Forest contract cancelled by mutual consent. Report from twitter about 10 mins ago.

Crikey! Bonne and Adomah adds an extra dimension to the attack and is a serious upgrade on Shodipo and Oteh.

Unless we ship a few out then surely this must be the end of a deal for Green and/or Wilock?

If Bright signs a new contract the this is a solid transfer window, even if I am surprised we have spent good money on Dickie, Dykes and Bonne.
Adomah incoming? on 16:07 - Oct 2 with 1739 viewsLazyFan

He can cross the ball to forwards who will attack and bundle it into the net.
So, should prove useful for Dykes and/or Bonne.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024