Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 man squad 10:03 - Oct 8 with 2640 viewsterryb

I've just seen a post from ricky on qprreport that states that this season all EFL clubs have to name a squad of players as has happened in the Premier for a longish time.

I was not aware of this & suspect that many of you won't be either.

Below is a copy of the regulations that ricky posted:-

43.9 Squad Lists

43.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad

List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player;

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:

(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.

Guidance

Under 21 Players who are on Loan to Championship Clubs are counted towards the 25 Player limit for the purpose of the Squad List Regulation.

43.9.3 Each Club shall submit its Squad List to The League:

(a) within 24 hours of the conclusion of the Summer Transfer Window; or

(b) such other date and time as may be notified by the Board
25 man squad on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 2469 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Terryb. I was unaware of this as well. I can't really see the need, especially with this truncated season, squeezing games in. Also surprised by the U21 reference, I thought it would be U23 as that is the upper age for development squads

Guess we can now all start selecting our 25 man squads.
25 man squad on 11:42 - Oct 8 with 2297 viewsStanisgod

25 man squad on 10:57 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Thanks Terryb. I was unaware of this as well. I can't really see the need, especially with this truncated season, squeezing games in. Also surprised by the U21 reference, I thought it would be U23 as that is the upper age for development squads

Guess we can now all start selecting our 25 man squads.

Or in forests case 58 man squad 😁😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

25 man squad on 12:18 - Oct 8 with 2201 viewsDavieQPR

25 man squad on 11:42 - Oct 8 by Stanisgod

Or in forests case 58 man squad 😁😁

Udinese are going to have a big squad this season.
25 man squad on 12:20 - Oct 8 with 2184 viewsNorthernr

First I've heard of this. Not a fan of the idea at all. Never really understood the point in the Prem, it didn't stop the big clubs hoarding players, and certainly don't get it for the Champ. What does it achieve? Last year Kakay probably wouldn't have made our 25 man squad, so wouldn't have broken through in the way he did and would now probably be somewhere else.
25 man squad on 12:26 - Oct 8 with 2150 viewsW7Ranger

25 man squad on 12:20 - Oct 8 by Northernr

First I've heard of this. Not a fan of the idea at all. Never really understood the point in the Prem, it didn't stop the big clubs hoarding players, and certainly don't get it for the Champ. What does it achieve? Last year Kakay probably wouldn't have made our 25 man squad, so wouldn't have broken through in the way he did and would now probably be somewhere else.

Not only that, whenever you do "utilise" your squad (as has happened in the Prem in recent years), you get questioned about your team selection and in Wolves case, fined!!

How can you be fined for selecting a team from your 25 man squad??!! You're not breaking any rules. Who are the FA to determine/judge what your strongest starting line up is, or who you should and should not select from the players available from your squad of 25?!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 12:38]
25 man squad on 12:39 - Oct 8 with 2082 viewsNorthernr

25 man squad on 12:26 - Oct 8 by W7Ranger

Not only that, whenever you do "utilise" your squad (as has happened in the Prem in recent years), you get questioned about your team selection and in Wolves case, fined!!

How can you be fined for selecting a team from your 25 man squad??!! You're not breaking any rules. Who are the FA to determine/judge what your strongest starting line up is, or who you should and should not select from the players available from your squad of 25?!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 12:38]

It's like the transfer windows. If you actually sit down and ask why they're there, do they need to be, what is it achieving, nobody can tell you.
25 man squad on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 1966 viewsPinnerPaul

Its 25 plus anyone under 21, I guess the cut date for the U21 would be as at August.

Can't be bothered to look that up - do we have anyone Under 21 with a genuine chance of playing in the first team?

Plus how many in our squad now?
25 man squad on 13:17 - Oct 8 with 1943 viewsDavieQPR

24 players in first team squad.
Login to get fewer ads

25 man squad on 13:19 - Oct 8 with 1928 viewsPinnerPaul

25 man squad on 13:17 - Oct 8 by DavieQPR

24 players in first team squad.

Inc Manning and Lumley?

No Under 21s?

Ta
25 man squad on 13:47 - Oct 8 with 1863 viewsMatch82

Few years ago this we would only have named a squad of 17. Isn't it lovely that we can now name 8 or more "homegrown" players who would actually contribute this season?
Lumley, Dieng, Niko, Kakay, Manning, Masterson, Chair, BOS, Oteh

Possible that a few of those don't count, I'm not sure on the exact rule. But imagine trying to do this 4 years ago.
25 man squad on 14:29 - Oct 8 with 1732 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Was it 65/66 when Liverpool won the first division using just 12 players all season?
25 man squad on 14:35 - Oct 8 with 1717 viewspastieR

25 man squad on 12:20 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Squads make sense to me to make clubs more financially stable and don't agree on the hoarding of the players. There seems to be some evidence with the bigger clubs in the premier league having to wait to sell players before they bring new signings in or sending players out on loan which they would have otherwise kept.
However agree, it shouldn't stop players like Kakay coming through, so maybe they should change the criteria to young players so it's expanded beyond under 21. and maybe looks at their relative experience/appearances as well.
25 man squad on 14:42 - Oct 8 with 1698 viewsDavieQPR

Home Grown is anyone from a British club. The squad must include one club developed player. To qualify for this a player must have been registered to the club at least a year before his U19 season ends. This includes Kakay, Lumley and Owens.
25 man squad on 14:47 - Oct 8 with 1682 viewsterryb

25 man squad on 13:47 - Oct 8 by Match82

Few years ago this we would only have named a squad of 17. Isn't it lovely that we can now name 8 or more "homegrown" players who would actually contribute this season?
Lumley, Dieng, Niko, Kakay, Manning, Masterson, Chair, BOS, Oteh

Possible that a few of those don't count, I'm not sure on the exact rule. But imagine trying to do this 4 years ago.

I've not looked, but I think the "homegrown" covers being brought through the youth systems in the country rather than at the club.

That had to be the case when we were in The Premier as we definitely didn't have Rangers produced players in the squads!
25 man squad on 15:09 - Oct 8 with 1630 viewskensalriser

Abuse reported on the OP. Must be a Forest fan lurking.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

25 man squad on 15:16 - Oct 8 with 1617 viewsterryb

25 man squad on 15:09 - Oct 8 by kensalriser

Abuse reported on the OP. Must be a Forest fan lurking.

?????

Clive, please could you advise me how this has abused anyone?

I'm asking Clive as I asume he will be informed of any outcome from the allegation, not that I think he has reported abuse!
25 man squad on 15:23 - Oct 8 with 1598 viewsMatch82

25 man squad on 14:42 - Oct 8 by DavieQPR

Home Grown is anyone from a British club. The squad must include one club developed player. To qualify for this a player must have been registered to the club at least a year before his U19 season ends. This includes Kakay, Lumley and Owens.

Thanks. we've signed a bunch of players who would be right on the edge of that u19 mark when they signed - Manning, Chair, Masterson, Bright. Hopefully a few of them make it under the cut off point.
25 man squad on 15:39 - Oct 8 with 1557 viewscyprusmel

There's going to be a lot of long faces at Forest then but maybe not as they will all still be drawing a wedge.
Has someone there not passed on this latest instruction from the FA about squad sizes ?
25 man squad on 16:03 - Oct 8 with 1500 viewsDavieQPR

25 man squad on 15:39 - Oct 8 by cyprusmel

There's going to be a lot of long faces at Forest then but maybe not as they will all still be drawing a wedge.
Has someone there not passed on this latest instruction from the FA about squad sizes ?

Forest have at the moment 27 players in their squad. Some players , like Zack Clough, are being paid to do nothing but they are having trouble shifting them due to high wages and Udinese don't want them.
25 man squad on 16:04 - Oct 8 with 1499 viewskensalriser

25 man squad on 15:16 - Oct 8 by terryb

?????

I'm asking Clive as I asume he will be informed of any outcome from the allegation, not that I think he has reported abuse!

Probably a fat finger error, easily done. Even if you don't have fat fingers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

25 man squad on 16:20 - Oct 8 with 1467 viewsPinnerPaul

Looked it up now - we have 24 listed on offy, inc Manning and Lumley and none are under 21
25 man squad on 16:36 - Oct 8 with 1421 viewsNorthernr

25 man squad on 15:16 - Oct 8 by terryb

?????

It happens a hell of a lot by accident mate, I think it's people trying to use this creaking old board on phones and accidentally nudging it. I tend to get three or four abuse reports a day and then have to trawl through the thread to see if it's actually a real thing.
25 man squad on 16:54 - Oct 8 with 1376 viewsCamberleyR

25 man squad on 14:29 - Oct 8 by WrightUp5hit___

Was it 65/66 when Liverpool won the first division using just 12 players all season?

Don't know about Liverpool but Aston Villa won it in 1981 using just 14 players, with seven ever presents.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

25 man squad on 17:10 - Oct 8 with 1332 viewsterryb

25 man squad on 16:36 - Oct 8 by Northernr

It happens a hell of a lot by accident mate, I think it's people trying to use this creaking old board on phones and accidentally nudging it. I tend to get three or four abuse reports a day and then have to trawl through the thread to see if it's actually a real thing.

Cheers Clive.

I knew it wasn't abusive, but it jolt's you when you see it against your name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024