Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 21:21 - Oct 17 with 5222 viewsBobbi66

Who but us would sell a player like him for that much,can't believe it.
Manning on 21:22 - Oct 17 with 3529 viewsdistortR

unFACKINGbelievable
Manning on 21:28 - Oct 17 with 3476 viewsEsox_Lucius

How much, exactly, IS undisclosed?

The grass is always greener.

Manning on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 3444 viewsdistortR

Manning on 21:28 - Oct 17 by Esox_Lucius

How much, exactly, IS undisclosed?

honestly, who gives a shit? he didn't want to be here anymore and left. His wages are being used elsewhere and we've some money in the bank. Thank you and f**k you.

edit -
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 21:37]
Manning on 21:35 - Oct 17 with 3432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 21:34 - Oct 17 by distortR

honestly, who gives a shit? he didn't want to be here anymore and left. His wages are being used elsewhere and we've some money in the bank. Thank you and f**k you.

edit -
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 21:37]

Plus, we've another thread already.'

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 21:38 - Oct 17 with 3410 viewsblacky2013

Even if he did go for that amount what do you think we should of done? Lose 250K and pay the rest of salary while he doesn't play.
Manning on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 3277 viewsLunarJetman

Manning on 21:38 - Oct 17 by blacky2013

Even if he did go for that amount what do you think we should of done? Lose 250K and pay the rest of salary while he doesn't play.

There’s definitely a few plums about melting down because we didn’t get 5 million for him....
Manning on 00:10 - Oct 18 with 3058 viewsstainrods_elbow

If the fee of 250k reported in the WLS is correct, it's derisory, depressing and embarrassing for a player who's been with the club six years, is an Irish international and ought to develop further as an above average Champ attacking midfielder (not full-back). So much for polishing our own and selling them on for big profit on them! With all the development investment that went in over that period of time, we've probably made a loss in the end!
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 0:22]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Manning on 00:21 - Oct 18 with 3061 viewsDavieQPR

Getting a bit monotonous now to slag the club off for things that have been covered in detail in previous posts. If you want to keep this up then think of something original.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 00:27 - Oct 18 with 3040 viewsbrad

gone...liked him.. good luck at swansea..sad to see him go...i think we have better players now..
Manning on 02:04 - Oct 18 with 2926 viewstimcocking

Manning on 00:10 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

If the fee of 250k reported in the WLS is correct, it's derisory, depressing and embarrassing for a player who's been with the club six years, is an Irish international and ought to develop further as an above average Champ attacking midfielder (not full-back). So much for polishing our own and selling them on for big profit on them! With all the development investment that went in over that period of time, we've probably made a loss in the end!

Blame the ungrateful, selfish little sh!t Manning, not QPR. Ryan Manning chose to do this to QPR.

I'm proud of the club for having the guts to tell him to eff off.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 2:07]
Manning on 07:07 - Oct 18 with 2806 viewseghamranger

And we should of got more for Austin and Smithies.....

He has gone now.... he didn’t want to play for us anymore...

Thanks Ryan ... we move on
Manning on 07:18 - Oct 18 with 2779 viewsslmrstid

Bristol City when they sold Luke Freeman to us for £250k
Manning on 07:48 - Oct 18 with 2712 viewsdaveB

Manning on 07:18 - Oct 18 by slmrstid

Bristol City when they sold Luke Freeman to us for £250k

i was just going to say the same thing, these things happen when a player is almost out of contract
Manning on 08:21 - Oct 18 with 2654 viewsbakerloo8

Manning on 00:10 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

Manning is a decent player but certainly not an above average championship midfielder - no chance. Couldn't do it for us there, or Rotherham.

Look hes gone, and the money can be used to give extra to the players that want to be here (ie BOS). Adios.
Manning on 09:17 - Oct 18 with 2542 viewsPinnerPaul

After a thread with over 30,000 views, I was pining for another thread about Mr Manning.

Thank goodness I've now got one
Manning on 10:01 - Oct 18 with 2411 viewsDejR_vu

Manning on 09:17 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

After a thread with over 30,000 views, I was pining for another thread about Mr Manning.

Thank goodness I've now got one

I’m perplexed by all the fuss about Manning. I suspect he’s one of those players we’ll all forget ever even played for us in a few months.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Manning on 10:17 - Oct 18 with 2354 viewsfrancisbowles

I see there has been no response from the op Bobbi66!

Just come on here to slag the club off after a good away performance and result?
Manning on 11:50 - Oct 18 with 2226 viewsYokelR

Open to anyone suggesting the alternatives? This was just about a greedy player and agent wanting more money. It was not about advancing his career because why would he go sideways? Answer for more immediate cash
QPR now have a wage structure - you can't break it for wannabes or anyone else.
Hope he vanishes into non-league, greedy self-centred and it appears dim.
Manning on 12:12 - Oct 18 with 2162 viewsnix

I think the difference between BOS and Manning may not have been contracts but rather attitude. Warburton couldn't actually say that he wasn't arsed in training or did not track back enough when initially beaten by the opposing teams' attackers but that might have been what's going on. BOS might not have signed a contract but he's busting a gut for the team and we can all see it.
Manning on 12:26 - Oct 18 with 2116 viewstraininvain

Manning on 12:12 - Oct 18 by nix

I think the difference between BOS and Manning may not have been contracts but rather attitude. Warburton couldn't actually say that he wasn't arsed in training or did not track back enough when initially beaten by the opposing teams' attackers but that might have been what's going on. BOS might not have signed a contract but he's busting a gut for the team and we can all see it.

Agreed. The key point here is that Warburton is much better placed than any of us to make the decision. I’m sure Warburton had his reasons as he doesn’t strike me as someone who treats people unfairly.
Manning on 12:53 - Oct 18 with 2071 viewsrobith

I never get threads like this where the OP is just a statement not a tipping off point for discussion. Just make a twitter account like
Manning on 13:13 - Oct 18 with 2004 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If come January Manning had signed a pre-contract meaning we’d get nada come next year, the Twitter intelligentsia would have been spitting feathers saying why didn’t we cash in?

Didn’t we get Freeman on a similar basis? You win some, lose some...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Manning on 14:58 - Oct 18 with 1856 viewscaliforniahoop

Manning on 13:13 - Oct 18 by PlanetHonneywood

If come January Manning had signed a pre-contract meaning we’d get nada come next year, the Twitter intelligentsia would have been spitting feathers saying why didn’t we cash in?

Didn’t we get Freeman on a similar basis? You win some, lose some...

On the money!
Manning on 19:35 - Oct 18 with 1602 viewsMyke

I, as has been well documented on other threads, am a fan of Manning, and my view, rightly or wrongly is that he was poorly treated by the club, especially in the context of BOS. But, as has been pointed out here, this has already been discussed to death and to rehash the same views is pointless. But I am going to do it anyway.
In the modern game, and with social media in the mix, there is no loyalty by players, the clubs or indeed the fans. Lumley, may or may not play for us again, but last Christmas the level of abuse hurled at him on-line, by his so called 'supporters' was severe enough for his manager to come out and speak on the matter.
And it is not just on Twitter. Manning had a break through season last season, the stats showed he provided more assists than any other player at one point last season. He was scoring thumping goals in successive games against Millwall and WBA as recently as July.But now,on this site, maybe even this thread it is 'good riddance' and 'he's an ungrateful little sh1t' Why would any player pledge any kind of allegiance to that kind of fickleness?
If Manning had been sold last january - which is when he should have been sold, (Pre-covid, in great form, 18 months left on his contract) because we are a selling club and we need to maximise our 'assets' - even for £3M, there would have been uproar on this and other sites. The club would have been accused of failing to look after our young players, of flogging players as soon as another club bats their eyes at them and goodness knows what else. But we didn't, for whatever reason, we didn't. Obviously nobody saw Covid coming down the tracks, but we don't know what else was going on. Maybe they thought Manning would sign. Wallace was playing poorly and after a few games, was dropped again. Maybe after losing Wells and the fans reaction to our 'incompetence' at not spending £3M to buy him, meant the club were reluctant to let one of their more popular players (Yes Manning, popular- not an oxymoron at the time) leave.
So he stayed, continued to play well( going forward at any rate)continued to provide assists and as already said, thumped in a couple of beauties at the end. But covid was now rampant. little clubs like ours were losing money hand over fist, and he still hadn't signed. No matter scored after a minute against Plymouth, didn't track back for one of Plymouth's goals, business as usual in other words
In the meantime, BOS nearly signed for Bruges, so nearly in fact, he was left out of the Millwall game. But he stayed. But he didn't sign a contract either. Warburton started making noises, including in an extensive interview with Clive, about not playing players who were in the last year of their current contracts and refusing to sign new ones. A number of players signed new contracts, but they were all no-brainers - Ball, Kakay, Masterson. However, Manning and BOS didn't. So, Warburton followed through on his 'threat' and dropped Manning... but continued to play BOS. One game,two games three games, Manning out, BOS in. BOS, by and large playing well, and training 'happily'. Manning playing golf, although lo and behold played well twice for the kids. Deadline day comes, the club 'indicates' that BOS will sign a new contract. No such 'indication' from Manning. Why? Badly advised by new agent? Miffed at contract offer? Miffed at playing left back? Badly treated by the club? Maybe he is, in fact, an ungrateful little sh1t. All the theories have been rolled out and the truth is, none of us really know.
This we do know: He has gone to Swansea - allegedly for £250K, which is almost four times what we paid for him not to mention the pleasure he gave us last season
Good luck at Swansea Ryan.
END OF MANNING DISCUSSION ON THIS AND ALL OTHER THREADS
Manning on 19:44 - Oct 18 with 1584 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"All the theories have been rolled out and the truth is, none of us really know."

Agree completely, Myke.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024