Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, What's next? 13:49 - Dec 2 with 7789 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warburton, What's next? on 13:50 - Dec 2 with 4253 viewsGloucs_R

By no mean is this poll meant to be a witch hunt. I am just curious to understand what the general consensus is within our fan base at the moment.

Warburton, What's next? on 13:56 - Dec 2 with 4215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Surprised it took so long.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton, What's next? on 14:02 - Dec 2 with 4178 viewsdaveB

unless we are dragged into a relegation battle I wouldn't even think about changing manager until the end of the season
Warburton, What's next? on 14:04 - Dec 2 with 4165 viewsgolborne

why do I react badly to things like this when I should be pitying the gobsh*tes who come up with it
Warburton, What's next? on 14:04 - Dec 2 with 4163 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield away

Next question?
Warburton, What's next? on 14:11 - Dec 2 with 4134 viewsLatticeR

Warburton, What's next? on 13:50 - Dec 2 by Gloucs_R

By no mean is this poll meant to be a witch hunt. I am just curious to understand what the general consensus is within our fan base at the moment.

I see a alot of positives in the approach taken by Warb's to play open, attractive and attacking football while at the same time bringing on / developing players . However the approach needs us to be scoring goals & unlike last season that side of our game has diminished but our ability to concede soft goals hasn't.

He needs to adapt his philosophy as watching us losing attractive games on a stream is one thing but once we are back in the ground the novelty will soon go.

If he or another can get the defence sorted and maintain our attacking zest then that would create mouth watering possibilities for the next couple of seasons....
Warburton, What's next? on 14:37 - Dec 2 with 4040 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 14:04 - Dec 2 by golborne

why do I react badly to things like this when I should be pitying the gobsh*tes who come up with it

Ohhh you're hard...😘

Warburton, What's next? on 14:39 - Dec 2 with 4032 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 14:02 - Dec 2 by daveB

unless we are dragged into a relegation battle I wouldn't even think about changing manager until the end of the season

That's what I think too.

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, What's next? on 14:43 - Dec 2 with 4001 viewsMalintabuk

It may be out of the clubs hands in a way... he may want to walk himself
The question is who would be his replacement. True we always seem to get someone but we haven't really moved forward since Warnock was here
It seems the players still want to play for him and that is a big plus for him staying. Once that stops he is a dead man walking.
So unless we looked down I would stick with him
Warburton, What's next? on 14:56 - Dec 2 with 3959 viewsjohncharles

Warburton’s positives far outweigh the negatives
End of
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 14:59]

Strong and stable my arse.

Warburton, What's next? on 15:01 - Dec 2 with 3938 viewsLowerloftLad

must stay end of discussion
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 15:04]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Warburton, What's next? on 16:46 - Dec 2 with 3763 viewscolinallcars

I used to complain that I had no shoes until I met a bloke with no feet. MW stays.
Warburton, What's next? on 18:14 - Dec 2 with 3653 viewsBoston

Warburton, What's next? on 16:46 - Dec 2 by colinallcars

I used to complain that I had no shoes until I met a bloke with no feet. MW stays.

So he won’t be on his toes then...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warburton, What's next? on 19:19 - Dec 2 with 3523 views2Thomas2Bowles

This must be like an abusive relationship, too afraid to move on and just take the next beating as who else would look after ya It's what you deserve anyway fecking keyboard warriors, know what I mean know what I mean, his mates think he is a great chap, does his best, talks the talk, loves the R's, was there in the 70's with his mate Mclintock, he has had a hard life, it's a hard job, no money, bad knees, got to get them excuses in.

Her indoors always nagging
Shut-it!
Cover up that black eye you know's I love ya.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:33]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton, What's next? on 19:31 - Dec 2 with 3484 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2T2B calling others a keyboard warrior is like Harold Shipman calling out Help The Aged.
Warburton, What's next? on 19:35 - Dec 2 with 3456 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bazz Bazz mate
It's MW who calls people keyboard warriors

Now commie... that's different

[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:37]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton, What's next? on 19:39 - Dec 2 with 3458 viewsJuzzie

FFS Gloucs, stop asking for Warb’s head every time we lose. I know you said its not a witch hunt but it doesn’t need a poll. Its been discussed many times the whole situation we are in in terms of money, players, tactics etc.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:43]
Warburton, What's next? on 19:44 - Dec 2 with 3437 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 19:39 - Dec 2 by Juzzie

FFS Gloucs, stop asking for Warb’s head every time we lose. I know you said its not a witch hunt but it doesn’t need a poll. Its been discussed many times the whole situation we are in in terms of money, players, tactics etc.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:43]

A) I haven't
B) I posted this to get and understanding of where everyone's head is at. Very different on this board to other social media sites
C) I'll post what I want thanks.

Warburton, What's next? on 20:21 - Dec 2 with 3370 viewsJuzzie

Warburton, What's next? on 19:44 - Dec 2 by Gloucs_R

A) I haven't
B) I posted this to get and understanding of where everyone's head is at. Very different on this board to other social media sites
C) I'll post what I want thanks.

You do, every time we lose a game you question his appointment. Its boring.

Goes further back too
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/44394/4001562
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 20:34]
Warburton, What's next? on 20:39 - Dec 2 with 3311 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 20:21 - Dec 2 by Juzzie

Goes further back too

And so he should be questioned.

The worst start to a championship season since 2007.

8 clean sheets in 66 games.

A win ratio no better than Holloway, with a squad better than Holloway had (last season.)

A squad better than at least 10 championship teams this season, imo.

He's not fixing the problems in defence.

All of us can see that zonal marking corners doesn't work.

His substitutions rarely make an impact.

I think the manager needs to be held accountable. We should not accept this defeatist attitude every week.

So yes, calling him out, putting him under pressure is exactly what we should be doing.

But again, I am not saying he should be sacked. But he needs to pull his finger out or leave at the end of the season.

Warburton, What's next? on 20:46 - Dec 2 with 3296 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 20:21 - Dec 2 by Juzzie

Goes further back too

I work in sales mate. A results based business. If you don't perform, you get the boot. It's that simple.

As a sales manager, I closely watch the performance of my team. I make changes, I influence, I analyse constantly and I question everything.

No different to questioning the impact of our managers.

Warburton, What's next? on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 3245 viewsJuzzie

Sorry, but I don’t agree with the whole “it’s a results business” mantra.
Football isn’t like having to sell 100 fridges a month to meet a target.

This is not a sales meeting in some magnolia conference room next to a train station where loads and loads of charts and whiteboard presentations are presented to a room full of bored people who then have to fill out a survey at the end.

It’s the same every time. People questioning the manager, whoever he may be, without ever offering up a realistic successor. To steal the title of last nights match review, its always rinse, lather & repeat. Never changes.

So, rather than always asking how about answering.....

If not Warburton, who should do the job?

Who is going to come here without the intention of merely rinsing the club out of a three year contract and a pay-off after 18 months of shite work?

Who is going to come here with little money to spend?

Who is going to turn over a conveyor belt of youth players like Eze to keep the club going whilst expecting to get the club in a shout of the play offs whilst selling all the best players, if we have any of ability to sell, on a regular basis?

If people want to complain about the current incumbent then at least offer up a successor and what merits they have to meet the criteria.
Warburton, What's next? on 21:19 - Dec 2 with 3203 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Southampton, Burnley, Brentford, and Norwich (among others) are similar sized clubs who are currently reaping the benefits of putting results aside for a bit for the sake of financial stability and investment in infrastructure over in vogue managers and YouTube footballers. Southampton were in League One playing Walsall and Rochdale in 2011.

We can be the Burnley of 2030 if everyone can just sit on their trigger finger for a bit.
Warburton, What's next? on 21:30 - Dec 2 with 3176 viewsGloucs_R

Warburton, What's next? on 21:05 - Dec 2 by Juzzie

Sorry, but I don’t agree with the whole “it’s a results business” mantra.
Football isn’t like having to sell 100 fridges a month to meet a target.

This is not a sales meeting in some magnolia conference room next to a train station where loads and loads of charts and whiteboard presentations are presented to a room full of bored people who then have to fill out a survey at the end.

It’s the same every time. People questioning the manager, whoever he may be, without ever offering up a realistic successor. To steal the title of last nights match review, its always rinse, lather & repeat. Never changes.

So, rather than always asking how about answering.....

If not Warburton, who should do the job?

Who is going to come here without the intention of merely rinsing the club out of a three year contract and a pay-off after 18 months of shite work?

Who is going to come here with little money to spend?

Who is going to turn over a conveyor belt of youth players like Eze to keep the club going whilst expecting to get the club in a shout of the play offs whilst selling all the best players, if we have any of ability to sell, on a regular basis?

If people want to complain about the current incumbent then at least offer up a successor and what merits they have to meet the criteria.

Football is a results based business Juzzie. Of course it is. Ask any football manager. You can hit targets off the pitch but unless you're successful on it then you'll be under pressure. That's why managers get paid the massive salaries they pick up.

As I have said on another thread, I personally think he needs a better coaching team around him. I've never been convinced by Eustace and would love to know how effective the coaches we have are. I suspect someone like Clint Hill would be a great assistant for him.

If he goes at the end of the season, I would consider interviewing Pearson, Bowyer, Adkins, Powell, Neville and Wagner. Obviously depending on budgets.

Personally would have liked Hughton before he went to Forest.

Would they come here? No idea.

Warburton, What's next? on 21:31 - Dec 2 with 3158 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton, What's next? on 19:19 - Dec 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This must be like an abusive relationship, too afraid to move on and just take the next beating as who else would look after ya It's what you deserve anyway fecking keyboard warriors, know what I mean know what I mean, his mates think he is a great chap, does his best, talks the talk, loves the R's, was there in the 70's with his mate Mclintock, he has had a hard life, it's a hard job, no money, bad knees, got to get them excuses in.

Her indoors always nagging
Shut-it!
Cover up that black eye you know's I love ya.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:33]

Are you on drugs?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024