Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to drop BOS 20:33 - Dec 15 with 4300 viewsNed_Kennedys

Anonymous today and making less impact game by game: surely time to pick players who want to at least play the rest of the season with us. He’s best suited to being an impact player off the bench to run at tiring opposition defenders as he clearly isn’t bothered to give his all over a full game nowadays.
Time to drop BOS on 10:31 - Dec 16 with 994 viewsjohnhoop

Time to drop BOS on 09:17 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dropping BOS would be like burning down your house before you’ve found somewhere else to live. Same goes for Dykes, same goes for sacking Warburton.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 9:18]

This 100%. Bright may not look hugely motivated at the moment and does have a tendency to overdo things or waste the final ball but even given all that he still represents our most if not our only potent attacking threat with the exception of Chair.
In the situation we’re in now, where every single point we can get could be crucial in the long term, we cannot afford to discard him when one of his runs and crosses or shots could make all the difference to the outcome of our next few games.
Time to drop BOS on 14:10 - Dec 16 with 895 viewsPinnerPaul

Time to drop BOS on 10:16 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

While I agree BOS is not close to top form, I think charges of 'not trying' are harsh and he's being heavily marked in every game now. He may benefit from a rest though.
I also think people are judging him on a purple patch of about 6-8 weeks from about a year ago. His form at the mo is not too dissimilar to what it was about this time last year.

Not having a go but you really need to see him live. 'Not trying' maybe harsh, but not trying 100% certainly isn't.

There was a moment in the 2nd half when a Brentford player was injured and EVERY player (bar the GKs) of both teams went over to the benches for a quick pep talk, who was standing in the centre circle on his own? Yep BOS.

He looked up, realised he looked a bit odd and then half heartedly jogged over the others, that is not 'normal'.
Time to drop BOS on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 869 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to drop BOS on 10:16 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

While I agree BOS is not close to top form, I think charges of 'not trying' are harsh and he's being heavily marked in every game now. He may benefit from a rest though.
I also think people are judging him on a purple patch of about 6-8 weeks from about a year ago. His form at the mo is not too dissimilar to what it was about this time last year.

I missed last night, Antti, but in the last few games there's been incidences of BOS trotting back while his man is doing damage further forward.

The only way that's ok is if he's been told to stay up in which case he wouldn't be tracking back at all, I would have thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Time to drop BOS on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 858 viewsPinnerPaul

Time to drop BOS on 14:18 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I missed last night, Antti, but in the last few games there's been incidences of BOS trotting back while his man is doing damage further forward.

The only way that's ok is if he's been told to stay up in which case he wouldn't be tracking back at all, I would have thought.

Have to agree, its like watching someone in a pre season game at the moment.
Time to drop BOS on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 829 viewsnix

Time to drop BOS on 14:20 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Have to agree, its like watching someone in a pre season game at the moment.

Me too. It's not so much the attacking side, it's the tracking back. It's much more obvious in the stadium than on TV that he's jogging rather than sprinting back to help out. Whichever side he's on, the fullback is under more pressure.
Time to drop BOS on 15:14 - Dec 16 with 810 viewsfrancisbowles

Time to drop BOS on 10:03 - Dec 16 by Mole_Senior

What frustrated me most about BOS last night was that he played the entire first half on the left? Aside from Birmingham away that time when he scored 'that' goal, every other time he's played out on the left he's been anonymous - probably not his choice, but come on lad, put in a shift at least?

When he did switch back to the right, he was up against Fox who is probably slower than me and only tried to attack him once; the 71st minute to be precise!

I can remember at the start of Warburton's reign we played 3-5-2 and BOS couldn't get in the side. I wonder if a change in formation might change our fortunes and a couple of tweaks in personnel rather than changing the manager - AGAIN!

Yes, I think it's ok to swap to the left for short bursts but that makes it more difficult to get around the outside and play a cross or shot with your right foot.

The only time that I can remember he has ever played a quick ball in led to that beautiful goal against Brentford. He almost had to cross that ball early as Rico Henry is just about as quick as him.
Time to drop BOS on 15:18 - Dec 16 with 792 viewsAntti_Heinola

Time to drop BOS on 14:18 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

yep, i have noticed that, but he is our 'out' ball, so I dunno. i just think he's being harshly criticised by some at the moment. Some of it merited, some of it OTT.

Bare bones.

Time to drop BOS on 15:26 - Dec 16 with 779 viewsPinnerPaul

Time to drop BOS on 15:18 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

yep, i have noticed that, but he is our 'out' ball, so I dunno. i just think he's being harshly criticised by some at the moment. Some of it merited, some of it OTT.

I'm not actually criticising his play as such, but his body language - it hasn't been right for ages - I'm not talking about the odd bad decision or cross - its his whole attitude - looked suspect on screen - live - its obvious - to me at least and the standing on his own last night, while everyone else was with the manager just confirmed it I thought.

Could be totally wrong, hope I am!
Login to get fewer ads

Time to drop BOS on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 714 viewsdenhamhoop2

Time to drop BOS on 15:18 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

The fact that he is meant to be one of our better players does mean he is more harshly judged than some others. Would say having seen him live last night his body language is appalling there was a ball that bounced loose just 5 yards from him and he didn't get there first because he wasn't actually watching the play which for me is just unacceptable for a professional player.
Then throw in the fact quite often he has 2 or 3 players marking him surely common sense tells you to release the ball quickly as team mates must be unmarked whereas his plan seems to be to try and bully and bundle his way past them all
Time to drop BOS on 18:30 - Dec 16 with 663 viewsTGRRRSSS

All the things people mention are the things that mean PL sides won't be interested, Palace won't be if he fancies joining Eze.

I wonder if maybe he could do with a rest perhaps?

You can see his potential ion that 1 cross yesterday, maybe play him against Wycombe and rest him against Swansea (or on bench)
Time to drop BOS on 18:57 - Dec 16 with 638 viewsbaz_qpr

He certainly was not giving 100% last night either carrying an injury or avoiding one or having a sulk about being on the left.

Generally speaking our movement is pretty poor at the moment no one seems to make a selfless run to take a defender away or create space.I also think we could be a bit smarter with BOS and push him central every now and then the fear of his pace should push the opposition defence deeper and then leave more space for the midfield to play in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024