Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For God's Sake Go 17:05 - Dec 19 with 32282 viewsLblock

Pick up your icebox, have a sh@t in it, take all your usual post match drivel and just go man.

The Knighthood needs to be taken back off of "Sir" Les as well. He's not fit for purpose.

Club is a shambles.
It's a shambles presided over by the current lot.
The transfers are a disgrace, all the Eze money wasted putting together a rudderless, clueless and downright weak as pi$$ physically squad. We look totally unfit, devoid of any tactical nouse and more than ever you must be able to smell the relegation that has been stenching around this club for a few years. Bentford Sleeper Agent Warburton the final piece in the jigsaw.

Do hope the Clubshop has got lots of plastic bedsheets and quilts in stock for Christmas.... the bedwetter club will have grown considerably by the time 2021 kicks in.

Season 2020/21... was going to be the one where all the prudence kicked in wasn't it? FFP like a millstone for loads of other clubs and a really weak Division???
Well I've only seen one team weak, looking a beaten rabble with no belief, no battle and zero bottle. They play in hoops and are shameful.

I'll retire back to my self imposed exile... the usuals will be on digging it and giving it the here he is again.. "Ooooooooh... you're never here when we win" --- right enough, we don't that often.

6 wins in 38 is it?
Over 100 goals conceeded in a calendar year

But just who'll do the job they cry? Plenty, it's just I wouldn't trust the current leadership to pick a nipple out of a barrel of boobs - clueless w@nkers to a man.

League One Roadmaps.. £3.85, get 'em while they're hot.

See ya

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

For God's Sake Go on 07:21 - Dec 20 with 2003 viewssilverbirch

For God's Sake Go on 06:37 - Dec 20 by MelakaRanger

Looking at the minus 6 rating of this post it would seem many disagree with what is said

But fundamentally what t block says is true.

I have been a supporter of 'stability' and even if we went down to keep Warbs as I was certain this team would eventually (18month-2yrs) come good.

But his performance and that of the team yesterday beggars belief.

We are just so weak - physically and mentally. We offer zero attack and if we played as we did for another 6 months we wouldnt score a single goal

I would give Warbs the next 3 games to get at least 4 points other wise it will be time to go

If he’s going he needs to go now, so the new manager and board have time to discuss players to borrow in January. If he’s still here on Monday, I reckon they are sticking with him.
I still think Les is doing a good job based on the costs cut and improved player development. I think it was sensible to see if we could manage without expensive loan signings and act in January if required to fight relegation or boost a challenge, especially given the uncertainty of Covid and FFP. Les shouldn’t have any influence on the selection or substitutions which are dubious and resulting in performances bad enough to force Warburton out, maybe
For God's Sake Go on 07:23 - Dec 20 with 1988 viewsGloucs_R

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-on-thin-ice-at-qpr-after-poor-run-

Can't see us getting anything out of the next two games, Swansea and Norwich.

Poll: Are we staying up?

For God's Sake Go on 08:34 - Dec 20 with 1896 viewsNortholt_Rs

For God's Sake Go on 06:37 - Dec 20 by MelakaRanger

Looking at the minus 6 rating of this post it would seem many disagree with what is said

But fundamentally what t block says is true.

I have been a supporter of 'stability' and even if we went down to keep Warbs as I was certain this team would eventually (18month-2yrs) come good.

But his performance and that of the team yesterday beggars belief.

We are just so weak - physically and mentally. We offer zero attack and if we played as we did for another 6 months we wouldnt score a single goal

I would give Warbs the next 3 games to get at least 4 points other wise it will be time to go

No. Being relegated to L1 would be a CATASTROPHE for the club. There’s zero guarantee that after ‘18 months - 2 years we would come good again’.....we could be in L1 for 10+ years. The Fernandes legacy is already diabolical - taking us from Prem promotion, the FFP fiasco, to propping up the Championship. It is unthinkable to add ‘relegation to L1’ to his achievements. Sticking with Warburton - and ‘Sir’ Les - is suicide. Something HAS to change surely?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 10:06]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

For God's Sake Go on 08:46 - Dec 20 with 1859 viewsGloucs_R

For God's Sake Go on 08:34 - Dec 20 by Northolt_Rs

No. Being relegated to L1 would be a CATASTROPHE for the club. There’s zero guarantee that after ‘18 months - 2 years we would come good again’.....we could be in L1 for 10+ years. The Fernandes legacy is already diabolical - taking us from Prem promotion, the FFP fiasco, to propping up the Championship. It is unthinkable to add ‘relegation to L1’ to his achievements. Sticking with Warburton - and ‘Sir’ Les - is suicide. Something HAS to change surely?

I'm in agreement with going down would be catastrophic and will take us many years to get back to where we are. You only need to look at teams like Bradford and Portsmouth who were very similar in terms of their size.

Even Sunderland, and that is a pretty big club, are really struggling to come back up.

going down would mean that there is less chance of us recruiting younger players who we could sell on for a higher fee moving forward. With our stadium the size it is and lack of commercial opportunities, the natural fit would probably be top half of league one at best.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 8:48]

For God's Sake Go on 08:54 - Dec 20 with 1824 viewsDiscodroids

For God's Sake Go on 23:09 - Dec 19 by BrianMcCarthy

LB,

You're being fairly insulting.

You're actually making some fair points, no need to hit Rangers fans on the way.

Bri,

If the poster T block wants to use the protein strings in Warburtons harry monk as dental floss for building a QPR side that couldn't beat a Canvey Island reserve team that had devils claw muscle relaxants slipped into their half time cuppa, i for one appluad his vassel oath of fealty to him.

What i can't applaud, is this poster telling QPR supportrs of many decades past who have spent thousands of their gelt doing so, being told to go and 'support chelsea' &' f uck off tw ats', simply for voicing their vex supporting a club that's been jam wrag clogged at the bottom end of the Shitpipe of the championship for the past few years.

I understand the rage and frustration. I'm just a traveller, passing through the avenues and alleyways of QPR FC since 1977 until i'm finally 6ft under the earth and worms. I'm not in it for the tatty trinkets and baubles of success like those souless thetans at Chelsea. I'm just pissed off to the bone marrow following a club that's about as rewarding to my base needs as a chem sex party in Klement Gottwalds Mausoleum.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 9:01]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

For God's Sake Go on 09:05 - Dec 20 with 1780 viewshoopsmark

For God's Sake Go on 08:54 - Dec 20 by Discodroids

Bri,

If the poster T block wants to use the protein strings in Warburtons harry monk as dental floss for building a QPR side that couldn't beat a Canvey Island reserve team that had devils claw muscle relaxants slipped into their half time cuppa, i for one appluad his vassel oath of fealty to him.

What i can't applaud, is this poster telling QPR supportrs of many decades past who have spent thousands of their gelt doing so, being told to go and 'support chelsea' &' f uck off tw ats', simply for voicing their vex supporting a club that's been jam wrag clogged at the bottom end of the Shitpipe of the championship for the past few years.

I understand the rage and frustration. I'm just a traveller, passing through the avenues and alleyways of QPR FC since 1977 until i'm finally 6ft under the earth and worms. I'm not in it for the tatty trinkets and baubles of success like those souless thetans at Chelsea. I'm just pissed off to the bone marrow following a club that's about as rewarding to my base needs as a chem sex party in Klement Gottwalds Mausoleum.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 9:01]

Brilliant as always Disco my man.....you have just brightened up my 'in my office at sea,rough as feck round lands end,pissed off passengers' day...
For God's Sake Go on 09:10 - Dec 20 with 1754 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For God's Sake Go on 23:41 - Dec 19 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah but if somebody posts “ If you cannot live with that then go and support Chelsea” they deserve a similar response...

Agreed, Northolt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

For God's Sake Go on 09:11 - Dec 20 with 1733 viewsTGRRRSSS

Nobody else pays attention to FFP, so not sure why we're continuing to do so.

ON the subject of Warburton, does anyone think he's able to cultivate a team or tweak things which clearly need tweaking in order that we get some success.

Interesting point about fitness being made but we seem to struggle a lot 2nd half.
Login to get fewer ads

For God's Sake Go on 09:20 - Dec 20 with 1716 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For God's Sake Go on 09:11 - Dec 20 by TGRRRSSS

Nobody else pays attention to FFP, so not sure why we're continuing to do so.

ON the subject of Warburton, does anyone think he's able to cultivate a team or tweak things which clearly need tweaking in order that we get some success.

Interesting point about fitness being made but we seem to struggle a lot 2nd half.

"ON the subject of Warburton, does anyone think he's able to cultivate a team or tweak things which clearly need tweaking in order that we get some success" - Not me, I'm afraid. It's not that I think Warburton has no Plan B. He does, but sadly it's worse than his Plan A.

"Interesting point about fitness being made but we seem to struggle a lot 2nd half" - very true. We've been struggling in the third quarter of late, usually because we get overrun in midfield. Then comes the fourth quarter and we invariably take central midfielders off so we struggle more. It's true that we have less injuries than more so we seem to be handling the sports science better than others, to be fair, but yesterday's game came before a week's break so taking off Chair and Carroll must have been tactical. Which loses me completely. And gives me no faith at all that Warburton can turn this around.

We have a week coming up on the training ground now and a transfer window coming up next month.

I'd be giving both to a new manager.

For God's Sake Go on 09:21 - Dec 20 with 1704 viewsGloucs_R

For God's Sake Go on 09:20 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

"ON the subject of Warburton, does anyone think he's able to cultivate a team or tweak things which clearly need tweaking in order that we get some success" - Not me, I'm afraid. It's not that I think Warburton has no Plan B. He does, but sadly it's worse than his Plan A.

"Interesting point about fitness being made but we seem to struggle a lot 2nd half" - very true. We've been struggling in the third quarter of late, usually because we get overrun in midfield. Then comes the fourth quarter and we invariably take central midfielders off so we struggle more. It's true that we have less injuries than more so we seem to be handling the sports science better than others, to be fair, but yesterday's game came before a week's break so taking off Chair and Carroll must have been tactical. Which loses me completely. And gives me no faith at all that Warburton can turn this around.

We have a week coming up on the training ground now and a transfer window coming up next month.

Is that where you're at now Brian?

For God's Sake Go on 09:33 - Dec 20 with 1671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For God's Sake Go on 09:21 - Dec 20 by Gloucs_R

Is that where you're at now Brian?

Ya, I have been for a few weeks, being honest.

Yesterday was confirmation, I thought.

For God's Sake Go on 09:36 - Dec 20 with 1661 viewsPastCaringNW2

For God's Sake Go on 08:46 - Dec 20 by Gloucs_R

I'm in agreement with going down would be catastrophic and will take us many years to get back to where we are. You only need to look at teams like Bradford and Portsmouth who were very similar in terms of their size.

Even Sunderland, and that is a pretty big club, are really struggling to come back up.

going down would mean that there is less chance of us recruiting younger players who we could sell on for a higher fee moving forward. With our stadium the size it is and lack of commercial opportunities, the natural fit would probably be top half of league one at best.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 8:48]

This is shaping up to be more than a little like 1997-98. A season of 19 draws. Not many goals. A squad short on confidence and creativity, terrified of falling behind in games and unable to hold leads, shipping quality, suffering key injuries and replacing absentees with projects and other clubs' squad players. A solid manager whose grip on the situation became slowly but surely unglued. Young players on the "promising" list for three or four seasons not developing as hoped while owners were making a sharp financial U turn. Significantly that was also a whole season where our best players were far short of being our best players and many of them had half an eye on a swift exit, encouraged by a board with a sudden urgent interest in book-balancing. Some recipe that was with many parallels to today.

The upside is that we are not quite at the stage where rudderless decision making led a club short on creativity to prioritise pursuing Vinnie Jones in preference to Mark Kennedy or anyone else of quality capable of unlocking a defence for that matter. This management team is going to do its best to extract every last penny from any players attracting interest from elsewhere. No one is going to West Ham for a fraction of their true worth. There is also no sign today of the club being actively up for sale or being trussed up for a merger or a ground share somewhere up the A40. There is a good deal more stability in the here and now but the warning lights are flickering for sure.

Ultimately it is what happened in the following close season that really mattered. All the warnings were simply not heeded though anyone at Brentford in a dreadful pre-season 0-0 encounter could see that it was not only going to be more of the same for the next nine months but yet inexplicably somehow even worse. By which time it was too late. That's the fear.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 9:37]
For God's Sake Go on 09:37 - Dec 20 with 1651 viewsGloucs_R

For God's Sake Go on 09:33 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I have been for a few weeks, being honest.

Yesterday was confirmation, I thought.

That's a big admission from such a well respected poster.

I don't feel as bad now.

For God's Sake Go on 10:00 - Dec 20 with 1551 viewsQPRSteve

I'm with Brian on this. Warbs time must be up. He gets tactically out thought in every game. Even those where we have played well for a half or so, as soon as the opposition suss us out he seems incapable of formulating a response and we lose.

Yesterday he was far too cautious against the worst team in the division. It looked like we were set up not to lose rather than to win the game.

I hate the thought of changing manager yet again but can't see any alternative.
For God's Sake Go on 10:04 - Dec 20 with 1512 views2Thomas2Bowles

Looks like a lot are now coming on board to what I've been saying for a long time Re MW

BUT, this is NOT just a team management problem.

It does not need a long post to point out that the club (football-wise) has been very badly run in what is coming up to 10 years, we have gone backwards THAT can not be disputed.

ALL must take responsibly, owners for delegating and those delegated that have IN TRUTH failed on the football side, you just can not exclude LF from that.

The club has done good things on the community side but FOREMOST IT IS A FOOTBALL CLUB
We know the owners are keeping the club afloat at a cost of over 1M a month but it's money down the drain if we get relegated

There is high praise for the new training ground But it will count for very little in L1

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

For God's Sake Go on 10:09 - Dec 20 with 1510 viewsNortholt_Rs

For God's Sake Go on 10:04 - Dec 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Looks like a lot are now coming on board to what I've been saying for a long time Re MW

BUT, this is NOT just a team management problem.

It does not need a long post to point out that the club (football-wise) has been very badly run in what is coming up to 10 years, we have gone backwards THAT can not be disputed.

ALL must take responsibly, owners for delegating and those delegated that have IN TRUTH failed on the football side, you just can not exclude LF from that.

The club has done good things on the community side but FOREMOST IT IS A FOOTBALL CLUB
We know the owners are keeping the club afloat at a cost of over 1M a month but it's money down the drain if we get relegated

There is high praise for the new training ground But it will count for very little in L1

So what’s the answer? I doubt there’s a queue of new owners desperate to sp unk their money on the club....if there was, the current lot would have already baled. They are pretty anonymous these days anyway.

For God's Sake Go on 10:18 - Dec 20 with 1476 viewsWegerles_Stairs

For God's Sake Go on 10:09 - Dec 20 by Northolt_Rs

So what’s the answer? I doubt there’s a queue of new owners desperate to sp unk their money on the club....if there was, the current lot would have already baled. They are pretty anonymous these days anyway.

I disagree. Wasn't there mention that they'd turned down an enquiry earlier this year? I think the consortium went off somewhere else. Anyway, we're a London club that's only one division away from the biggest league in the world. A prospective owner with ambition, a plan and (importantly) some intelligence is one decent season away from the promised land. Basically we need a Matthew Benham.

If Fernandes and co. don't want to take day-to-day responsibility for the club, then they should move on because what they're doing at the moment isn't working.
For God's Sake Go on 10:19 - Dec 20 with 1467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

True.

Until we get a new stadium or FFP is abandoned we are not a good proposition.

I wouldn't change owners anyway. We're losing £1m a month and being run very well off the field for a few years now - financials, academy, training ground etc. I'm not sure what else new owners could do off the field.

I still worry about the ownership of any new stadium, mind you, should it happen. It would have to be in QPR's name.

For God's Sake Go on 10:21 - Dec 20 with 1457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For God's Sake Go on 10:18 - Dec 20 by Wegerles_Stairs

I disagree. Wasn't there mention that they'd turned down an enquiry earlier this year? I think the consortium went off somewhere else. Anyway, we're a London club that's only one division away from the biggest league in the world. A prospective owner with ambition, a plan and (importantly) some intelligence is one decent season away from the promised land. Basically we need a Matthew Benham.

If Fernandes and co. don't want to take day-to-day responsibility for the club, then they should move on because what they're doing at the moment isn't working.

"Wasn't there mention that they'd turned down an enquiry earlier this year?"

Never heard that, Wegerle.

For God's Sake Go on 10:23 - Dec 20 with 1432 views2Thomas2Bowles

Whatever the answer is, it's clearly not the one they have been practising, how many times did we hear "Lessons learnt" but clearly have not.

If you can't carry on the way things are then you have to make changes, That may well be not just MW going but the DoF who has overseen the past 6 years.

The club needs a leader much in the same vein as JG and the owners need to step up as that is where the buck stops.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 10:28]

For God's Sake Go on 10:30 - Dec 20 with 1407 viewsNortholt_Rs

For God's Sake Go on 10:23 - Dec 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Whatever the answer is, it's clearly not the one they have been practising, how many times did we hear "Lessons learnt" but clearly have not.

If you can't carry on the way things are then you have to make changes, That may well be not just MW going but the DoF who has overseen the past 6 years.

The club needs a leader much in the same vein as JG and the owners need to step up as that is where the buck stops.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 10:28]

The big difference is Jim Gregory was at the club every day.....these owners are anonymous.

For God's Sake Go on 10:31 - Dec 20 with 1403 viewsNortholt_Rs

For God's Sake Go on 10:21 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

"Wasn't there mention that they'd turned down an enquiry earlier this year?"

Never heard that, Wegerle.

Man, they would have bit the guys arm off!

For God's Sake Go on 10:36 - Dec 20 with 1369 views2Thomas2Bowles

For God's Sake Go on 10:30 - Dec 20 by Northolt_Rs

The big difference is Jim Gregory was at the club every day.....these owners are anonymous.

My whole point.

BAD football management from them.
Bad from those delegated to run the football side.

Needs to change from the top down.

For God's Sake Go on 10:39 - Dec 20 with 1359 viewsWegerles_Stairs

And that's exactly what we need! Someone in charge, making the decisions and not delegating it to former players.

Regarding the prospective consortium, there definitely was one but I can only find the PSG link from last year at the moment. I even remember a quote from the board saying that they weren't interested in selling.
For God's Sake Go on 10:39 - Dec 20 with 1359 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I get your point, but it also depends on who the owner/chairperson is.

For instance, with Fernandes I was delighted when he stopped trying to micromanage and actually did delegate! Now with Bhatia we thankfully have a calmer chairperson but I have no idea how involved he is behind the scenes, being honest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024