Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes -- What Am I Missing 18:43 - Dec 19 with 5550 viewsDylanP

I really do not see anything in Dykes. Each week the commentary team moan about lack of service to him. But there always seems to be 5+ crosses into dangerous areas where there is no striker within 15 yards. He doesn't do hold up play well, he isn't good with his head, doesn't get on the end of crosses, he is not a poacher, he doesn't rip them into the top corner for 20 yards out, and he is not one for going on tricky runs and then slotting them in. What else does he bring to the team apart from being a good penalty taker?

What is the point of Dykes? Maybe Nick and Andy are right that he isn't getting good service, but if he isn't getting the right kind of service at this point in the season (and I have no idea what sort of service would suit a striker who likes to hide) then maybe he isn't right for our set-up

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 18:49 - Dec 19 with 3390 viewsNed_Kennedys

Really don’t think Dykes is the main issue: the crossing and passing in the final third today was diabolical.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 18:51 - Dec 19 with 3363 viewsGloucs_R

9 pager here on him...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/264828/dykes/#232

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:13 - Dec 19 with 3264 viewsdutch

If Dykes is bad, and he is, how terrible is Macauley Bonne?
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:25 - Dec 19 with 3183 viewsBrixtonR

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:13 - Dec 19 by dutch

He's that fcking bad that the French government should sue him for using Bonne (Merde would be right ) under false pretences and put him into their equivalent of Guantanamo bay (probably Paris.....Lana del ). Let's be honest he's offside that much he'd probably escape.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:27 - Dec 19 with 3165 viewsParkRoyalR

I think only Kane + Lewandowski tick most of those boxes but not all, and certainly a player with all those attributes wouldn't be bought by us from Livingston for £1.75m.

To answer your questions, without re-hashing the other thread, watch his recent Scotland highlights, ask yourself what's the difference (clue - unselfish midfield 5 who play with their heads up, pass and move).
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:30 - Dec 19 with 3144 viewsQPR_John

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:27 - Dec 19 by ParkRoyalR

I think only Kane + Lewandowski tick most of those boxes but not all, and certainly a player with all those attributes wouldn't be bought by us from Livingston for £1.75m.

To answer your questions, without re-hashing the other thread, watch his recent Scotland highlights, ask yourself what's the difference (clue - unselfish midfield 5 who play with their heads up, pass and move).

100% agree. We are talking about a player who has earned praise playing for Scotland against international defenders. You mention Kane doubt he would score many in this team.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:35 - Dec 19 with 3115 viewsNorthernr

You stand over there twice a week, and I'll throw an old potato at you once every 25 minutes or so, often miles and miles over your head. Then I'll stand over here and bitch and moan about why I'm not getting a three course dinner in return.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 19 with 3090 viewsParkRoyalR

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:43 - Dec 19 with 3062 viewsdutch

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:35 - Dec 19 by Northernr

You stand over there twice a week, and I'll throw an old potato at you once every 25 minutes or so, often miles and miles over your head. Then I'll stand over here and bitch and moan about why I'm not getting a three course dinner in return.

Sorry but I'm not having that. His positional play is rotten, his heading is aimless, he doesn't think quickly, he doesn't beat people or lead the line. He cannot get on the end of anything because his brain is too slow. Great forwards think quicker, he has a brain which is best suited to being on a beach somewhere.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:45 - Dec 19 with 3049 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:13 - Dec 19 by dutch

Yep they are both gash based on this seasons showing so far.... completely toothless the pair of them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:53 - Dec 19 with 2983 viewsNorthernr

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:43 - Dec 19 by dutch

Sorry but I'm not having that. His positional play is rotten, his heading is aimless, he doesn't think quickly, he doesn't beat people or lead the line. He cannot get on the end of anything because his brain is too slow. Great forwards think quicker, he has a brain which is best suited to being on a beach somewhere.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on much of that, I don't rate him on what I've seen, but nobody is scoring with this service, nobody. Jordan Hugill missed two chances a game better than anything we've given him so far.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:03 - Dec 19 with 2910 viewsdutch

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:53 - Dec 19 by Northernr

I don't necessarily disagree with you on much of that, I don't rate him on what I've seen, but nobody is scoring with this service, nobody. Jordan Hugill missed two chances a game better than anything we've given him so far.

I honestly think they are reluctant to pass to him. There was a moment today when Chair looked completely exasperated after putting in a good cross when Dykes was asleep at the far post.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:05 - Dec 19 with 2888 viewsNorthernr

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:03 - Dec 19 by dutch

I honestly think they are reluctant to pass to him. There was a moment today when Chair looked completely exasperated after putting in a good cross when Dykes was asleep at the far post.

Yeh there was also another moment where Bright had it wide right for an age, turned down multiple options, and ended up literally dribbling into Dykes and losing the ball on the edge. If that is the case then they should get over themselves, Bright in particularl is doing fck all to write home about atm, put the ball into the box as they're paid to do and if he misses or isn't there then we can talk.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:11 - Dec 19 with 2856 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:43 - Dec 19 by dutch

But he does for Scotland - I think its more the type of support player around him that makes the difference rather than the quality of the opposition he's playing against - I said a few weeks back we need a mobile CDM on from the 65/70th minute (Bettache) I'd drop BOS as can't cross the ball, I'd play Adomah, LTC and Chair (on left) in a the 3, it's the best we've got available and see with that formation if we can create some more chances.

If not we change formation and hang out for some Premier League loan signings and / or Luongo in January!
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:22 - Dec 19 with 2819 viewsDylanP

You are right that BOS has mostly been woeful this season, as has Chair. Lots of potential and not enough results. But every game there have been multiple times when their runs have resulted in crosses skimming across the face of goal. If nobody is there, they look like terrible crosses. But that is exactly where a striker should be.

Today Chair put a ball the the back post. Dykes was right there but acted surprised that the ball came to him. Its you job man. He scuffed at it and the ball went off his foot for a goal kick. He was 5 yards out and somehow missed the goal by 7 yards.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:25 - Dec 19 with 2802 viewsdutch

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:22 - Dec 19 by DylanP

You are right that BOS has mostly been woeful this season, as has Chair. Lots of potential and not enough results. But every game there have been multiple times when their runs have resulted in crosses skimming across the face of goal. If nobody is there, they look like terrible crosses. But that is exactly where a striker should be.

Today Chair put a ball the the back post. Dykes was right there but acted surprised that the ball came to him. Its you job man. He scuffed at it and the ball went off his foot for a goal kick. He was 5 yards out and somehow missed the goal by 7 yards.

BOS should be nowhere near the team or the club right now, get rid, but not sure your're right about Chair, he has been one of the few positives for me, keeps his energy levels high, keeps trying, looks p'eed off to be taken off as well he might to be replaced by the disaster that is Mac Bonne.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 2785 viewsNoDiddley

Without Chair we’d be a lot worse off , stupid statement.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:55 - Dec 19 with 2709 viewsbosh67

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 20:30 - Dec 19 by NoDiddley

Without Chair we’d be a lot worse off , stupid statement.

Yeah Chair is about the one player actually putting in a decent shift.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 21:08 - Dec 19 with 2655 viewsjoolsyp

That was Bonne not Dykes.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 21:19 - Dec 19 with 2607 viewsLythamR

" I have no idea what sort of service would suit a striker who likes to hide"

I have always respected you as a poster Dylan even if i disagreed with your views but i think this one is beyond the pale.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 22:14 - Dec 19 with 2515 viewswombat

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 21:19 - Dec 19 by LythamR

" I have no idea what sort of service would suit a striker who likes to hide"

I have always respected you as a poster Dylan even if i disagreed with your views but i think this one is beyond the pale.

I’m struggling to remember a decent ball to him in. The box today let along this season maybe try putting a team mate in the same half as him then decide he’s crap ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 00:47 - Dec 20 with 2352 viewstimcocking

At the moment, it's embarrassing and actually painful to watch. He and the team are so bad at times, the commentary team have stopped being critical because it'd just be kicking them when they're down. It's when Andy Sinton stops saying anything whatsoever you know we're really doing badly. And Dykes still might be better than Bonne!

Christ.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 2:31]
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 02:33 - Dec 20 with 2272 viewstimcocking

Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 19:35 - Dec 19 by Northernr

True, but that doesn't alter the fact that we can all see how he's been playing and it ain't pretty. Hugill missed chances hideously every week, but he was better and he managed to get himself chances every week irrespective of service. Also was good at bringing other people into play. Not all Dykes' fault, clearly, but blimey it's looking dire and frankly, he's been crap thus far and looks totally out of his depth. Nice of you to be so supportive of him, but people are only being honest and stating the obvious. I hope he isn't reading this, nobody is trying to hurt his feelings, but it's hard to say anything else really. The balance of the team today, as for lots of the season, has been flat out wrong and we actually appear to be regressing. I find myself cheering if he does anything right whatsoever. Not sure i've even seen him shoot yet.

It is still relatively early days, but the lack of cohesion at present is grim viewing whether it's Dykes' fault or not. They cross, he hasn't made a run. He makes a run, no cross. Finally gets it when he isn't expecting it, loses possession. One of our best attacks today, he's in the centre circle moving slowly. Another, he tackled our own player. I think he's hiding now and i don't think he's the only one. Honestly, how many players would you not want to swap, given the chance, from this lot?

Ps And as for our free kicks, ffs why even bother? We're a bigger danger to ourselves than the opposition goal. No bloody wonder Warburton doesn't like them shooting from distance, i can see his point.

[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 4:03]
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 04:06 - Dec 20 with 2234 viewsswisscottage

I just think any striker would struggle with the appalling service that's being provided. I think scapegoating Dykes is not particularly helpful. I don't see Cameron, Barbet, or Kane being singled out for constantly playing hospital passes under no pressure which repeatedly lose us possession... this is far worse in my book.

I think Hugill would struggle in this team at the moment.

Willock, Chair and BOS are heads down players. They get the ball, and just stick their heads down and look to go all the way. Unless they're in a blind alley they don't bother to look up. Its exciting to watch at times, but provides for sod all end product. BOS is the worst of the three at this, and quite frankly I won't be disappointed when he leaves. For the ability he has, he's actually involved in so few genuine goal scoring opportunities.

This is what we're so missing from Eze. He was the opposite. If anything he wasn't selfish enough.
Dykes -- What Am I Missing on 05:03 - Dec 20 with 2206 viewsVancouverHoop

This is what we're so missing from Eze. He was the opposite. If anything he wasn't selfish enough.

Spot on. I know everyone rated him, but he was far better than we thought at the time because, it's clear now, he made everyone around him better. That's what great players do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024