Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bettache 17:37 - Dec 20 with 4107 viewsknocker

16 times on subs bench this season and not one minute on the pitch. Considering how poor our midfield has been, it beggars belief.
Bettache on 17:41 - Dec 20 with 3370 viewseghamranger

Maybe he’s not as good as our poor midfielders 🤷‍♂️...
Bettache on 18:03 - Dec 20 with 3291 viewsknocker

Bettache on 17:41 - Dec 20 by eghamranger

Well god help us if that is true.
Bettache on 18:57 - Dec 20 with 3181 viewsnix

He looked pretty okay when he played at the end of last season. Neat and tidy and worked hard, which I'd have thought is exactly what we needed if you're going to take off Chair and Carroll and want to hold onto possession. I'd love to see him given a chance.
Bettache on 19:04 - Dec 20 with 3150 viewsbosh67

On the plus side he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bettache on 19:37 - Dec 20 with 3090 viewsWatford_Ranger

He looked capable of passing a football and can probably jog or even run which are huge positives over Cameron in the final half an hour of a match.
Bettache on 19:42 - Dec 20 with 3076 viewsaston_hoop

Given that we make the same subs and thus the same mistakes every week, I dont see why he shouldnt get a go. I did only see him in the Wimbledon friendly though where I thought he looked really good.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bettache on 21:23 - Dec 20 with 2920 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Expose him fully to the digital bearpit? when one error on his part would be likely to distinctly damn his career.
Bettache on 21:49 - Dec 20 with 2853 viewsMickS

Bettache on 19:04 - Dec 20 by bosh67

On the plus side he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Quite - a strong contender for player of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Bettache on 10:21 - Dec 21 with 2627 viewsPhilmyRs

Bettache on 21:49 - Dec 20 by MickS

Quite - a strong contender for player of the season.

Yeah I raised this name a few weeks ago asking what type of player he was and whether he was worth a look. A poster made a good point about when Holloway brought Manning in for an away game and it seemed to give everyone a lift and worked out really well. I heard pre-season Warbs really rated Bettache hence was prepared to keep hold rather than loan to another team so very surprised he's seen zero minutes.

He needs to lift the doom and gloom around the place - a Kelman or Bettache getting a run out would certainly lift the mood a bit. Nothing beat a youngster getting on a pitch and showing no fear.
Bettache on 11:45 - Dec 21 with 2526 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Bettache - welcome to the 'You're not playing, so you must be be brilliant' club.
Bettache on 11:58 - Dec 21 with 2512 viewsdaveB

Bettache on 11:45 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

Mr Bettache - welcome to the 'You're not playing, so you must be be brilliant' club.

no one has said he is brilliant but is a bit odd to have not had a single minute on the pitch when the midfield have been poor all season
Bettache on 12:07 - Dec 21 with 2484 viewsrsonist

Bettache on 10:21 - Dec 21 by PhilmyRs

Yeah I raised this name a few weeks ago asking what type of player he was and whether he was worth a look. A poster made a good point about when Holloway brought Manning in for an away game and it seemed to give everyone a lift and worked out really well. I heard pre-season Warbs really rated Bettache hence was prepared to keep hold rather than loan to another team so very surprised he's seen zero minutes.

He needs to lift the doom and gloom around the place - a Kelman or Bettache getting a run out would certainly lift the mood a bit. Nothing beat a youngster getting on a pitch and showing no fear.

Think rather Paul Smyth's debut is the microcosm here - for good and for bad. Good because it worked on every level on the day - result, performance, energy, PR lift - pure anarchic savant instinct on Ollie's part. Bad because it flew in the face of every developmental framework and steady building of professional foundation, which contributed to the argument to part ways with Ollie and has been borne out by Smyth's stalled career since.
Bettache on 12:19 - Dec 21 with 2449 viewsNorthernr

Bettache on 12:07 - Dec 21 by rsonist

Think rather Paul Smyth's debut is the microcosm here - for good and for bad. Good because it worked on every level on the day - result, performance, energy, PR lift - pure anarchic savant instinct on Ollie's part. Bad because it flew in the face of every developmental framework and steady building of professional foundation, which contributed to the argument to part ways with Ollie and has been borne out by Smyth's stalled career since.

Not just Ollie, we were reminscing at the weekend about Gerry Francis' second spell in charge where he'd come in, we'd lost a tonne of games on the trot, we looked bloody hopeless, and we had a midweek game around this time of year with Barnsley at Loftus Road where the story goes they actually watered the pitch for two days straight to try and waterlog it and get it off and played later in the season. In the end Gerry slung some kid into the midfield for a full debut basically as a last throw of the dice, we won 2-1 and then beat Bolton at home at the weekend, and the kid turned out to be Richard Langley.

Maybe not Bettache in the centre of midfield (although the centre of our midfield is so poor atm could it really be any worse?) but I'm not sure what he loses at this point by giving Kelman a start, or something like that.
Bettache on 12:26 - Dec 21 with 2415 viewsPinnerPaul

Bettache on 11:58 - Dec 21 by daveB

no one has said he is brilliant but is a bit odd to have not had a single minute on the pitch when the midfield have been poor all season

I know Dave, being a little tongue in cheek.

But you must know what I mean.

Amos getting some awful stick on here, pretty much since he arrived.

He had a couple of decent games and one very good game v Bournemouth (as did the rest of the team) and now lo and behold if only he wasn't injured we would be flying up the league.

Paul Smyth consistently mentioned despite not setting the world alight anywhere on loan and don't get me started on Ryan Manning who can't get in ahead of the 'useless' Jake Bidwell at Swansea, but again, would transform our team if here!

And breathe Paul!
Bettache on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 2405 viewsPinnerPaul

Bettache on 10:21 - Dec 21 by PhilmyRs

Nothing beats a youngster until they have a few poor games and then people want them replaced & the head of the man who gave them new long contracts!
Bettache on 13:18 - Dec 21 with 2336 viewsOldPedro

Bettache on 11:58 - Dec 21 by daveB

Suprised he hasn't come on for the last 20 mins in games when Cameron has been blowing out of his @rse - fresh legs could make all the difference.

He also looked tidy enough at the end of last season when he got some sub appearences

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Bettache on 14:56 - Dec 21 with 2237 viewsfrancisbowles

Bettache on 12:26 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

He had a couple of decent games and one very good game v Bournemouth (as did the rest of the team) and now lo and behold if only he wasn't injured we would be flying up the league.

Paul Smyth consistently mentioned despite not setting the world alight anywhere on loan and don't get me started on Ryan Manning who can't get in ahead of the 'useless' Jake Bidwell at Swansea, but again, would transform our team if here!

And breathe Paul!

Paul Smyth, injured last 4 games, 1 goal and 2 assists in 8 games for Charlton.
Bettache on 15:03 - Dec 21 with 2219 viewsPinnerPaul

Bettache on 14:56 - Dec 21 by francisbowles

Paul Smyth, injured last 4 games, 1 goal and 2 assists in 8 games for Charlton.

7 in 60 in England and of course Charlton ARE league 1, which is where most people think our team belong anyway!
Bettache on 16:06 - Dec 21 with 2155 viewsdaveB

Bettache on 12:26 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

And breathe Paul!

For me Manning would improve this team either at left back or in midfield, the decision to freeze him out and sell for peanuts looks more stupid by the week
Bettache on 16:13 - Dec 21 with 2140 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bettache on 15:03 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

7 in 60 in England and of course Charlton ARE league 1, which is where most people think our team belong anyway!

I don’t think he’s a world beater by any means but for the specific role of being a bit of a nuisance up front and hassling defences intent on pumping long balls at us as we’ve tried using Bonne for a few times he’d be a better option.

Shodipo is the bigger miss for me but in the long run this loan will do him good. Starting to look a bit silly though with him doing bits for Oxford while we’re crying out for a bit of pace from the bench.
Bettache on 16:27 - Dec 21 with 2110 viewsDando

I find this whole season frustrating to be honest. We have a striker in poor form, yet neither of the 2 strikers get a chance MW complains non stop about us being leggy yet never gives Bettache or any others a chance. They must be completely demotivated if they cant get in this side, in this diabolical form. Beyond weird
Bettache on 16:36 - Dec 21 with 2092 viewsdaveB

Bettache on 12:07 - Dec 21 by rsonist

Smyths stalled career has been more to do with the next two managers not wanting to pick him rather than anything Holloway did with him at first.
Bettache on 17:38 - Dec 21 with 2035 viewsfrancisbowles

Bettache on 15:03 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

Yes Paul, I was illustrating that he isn't 'pulling up any trees' and seems to suffer numerable injuries. Washington has 6 goals and 1 assist from 16 games for Charlton and has played the full 90 (or very close to it) on 9/10 occasions whereas Smyth has played 90 2/3 times.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't do us any harm to get him and Shodipo back in January, if BOS leaves or for any new incumbent to see in training. They can always go out again after a few weeks if we don't need them.
Bettache on 18:08 - Dec 21 with 2007 viewsNorthantsHoop

Agree on Bettache, want to see a change in midfield. Time to give Kelman a decent run out as well. Regardless of age can't wrap these players up in cotton wool, they are professional footballers, they either have ability or they don't.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 18:09]
Bettache on 19:13 - Dec 21 with 1924 viewsswisscottage

Bettache on 16:13 - Dec 21 by Watford_Ranger

I don’t think he’s a world beater by any means but for the specific role of being a bit of a nuisance up front and hassling defences intent on pumping long balls at us as we’ve tried using Bonne for a few times he’d be a better option.

Shodipo is the bigger miss for me but in the long run this loan will do him good. Starting to look a bit silly though with him doing bits for Oxford while we’re crying out for a bit of pace from the bench.

Do we have to option of recalling Shodipo in January.

If BOS is off I'd have thought it would open up for him, but again he looks another of these head town players that ultimately don't provide the crosses we're in dire need of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024