Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dillon Barnes 20:00 - Dec 23 with 11858 viewskarl

Came on as sub for injured Hibs keeper 60 mins into tonight's game.
Saved a 25 yarder comfortably down low and generally handled well, 1-0 when he came on and was a nervy affair for spelks since Hibs conceded a lucky last minute equaliser on Saturday, St Mirren pumped a few long balls in and 94th min Barnes wasn't convincing punching away a cross on the 6 yard line centre of goal, bounced about a bit and cleared.
Held on for his clean sheet and big 3 pts for Hibs.
They think it's a muscle injury for regular No. 1 Marciano so he's almost definitely out for the boxing day game v Rangers so might interest a few to watch that one.
He looks comfortable and confident doing well in the early stages of the League Cup but this is a step up now, hopefully does well against the Huns as he'll definitely be under pressure, big test for him
Dillon Barnes on 21:22 - Dec 23 with 5648 viewsGloucs_R

Another really weird signing

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dillon Barnes on 21:34 - Dec 23 with 5615 viewseghamranger

Rangers score for fun in that league... just had a look and they have scored 48 this season.

Like you say, big test for him
Dillon Barnes on 21:36 - Dec 23 with 5610 viewsNorthernr

Congratulations Karl, a signed picture of Sean Goss is winging its way to you.
Dillon Barnes on 21:37 - Dec 23 with 5607 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Barnes on 21:22 - Dec 23 by Gloucs_R

Another really weird signing

Another v fcking smelly signing.
Dillon Barnes on 21:58 - Dec 23 with 5557 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If he ever pulls on a QPR shirt in anger, I’ll drive up to Orkney and put my nuts in a crate full of those massive crabs that you and your mate Boris were waving about.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 22:09]
Dillon Barnes on 21:59 - Dec 23 with 5549 viewsted_hendrix

Nothing personal Mr Barnes but;

"Follow Follow"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dillon Barnes on 22:00 - Dec 23 with 5545 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 21:37 - Dec 23 by Northernr

What size was the envelope?

A2
A3
A4

🤔

Dillon Barnes on 22:01 - Dec 23 with 5540 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Dillon Barnes on 21:37 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Who signed him Les or Mark?
Login to get fewer ads

Dillon Barnes on 22:06 - Dec 23 with 5525 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Barnes on 22:01 - Dec 23 by superhoopdownunder

Who signed him Les or Mark?

Absolutely no idea, but I said at the time it was a strange signing, completely unnecessary, made by a club that was supposed to be skint. V uncomfortable with it from min one. Even the Colchester fans said he was crap in League 2.
Dillon Barnes on 22:16 - Dec 23 with 5489 viewskarl

Dillon Barnes on 22:06 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Absolutely no idea, but I said at the time it was a strange signing, completely unnecessary, made by a club that was supposed to be skint. V uncomfortable with it from min one. Even the Colchester fans said he was crap in League 2.

For context, Seny Dieng looked similar but definitely no better than him playing for Dundee 2 yrs ago.
Not quite reading the feeling on this thread, from most, Goss was slated for being the quintessential Academy product whereas Barnes has come from the lower leagues and now playing first team football?
He looked reasonable in the early rounds of League Cup but Hibs dominated the games so not a real chance to see how good he was.
I was at a game Seny played for Dundee v Hibs and conceded 2 weak goals in 4, wasn't overly impressed. Only seen Dillon on TV but similar standard so far, boxing day is big reveal!
Dillon Barnes on 22:18 - Dec 23 with 5485 viewskarl

Dillon Barnes on 21:58 - Dec 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

If he ever pulls on a QPR shirt in anger, I’ll drive up to Orkney and put my nuts in a crate full of those massive crabs that you and your mate Boris were waving about.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 22:09]

I'll prepare them special. 'Crusher, get your mates. And a magnifying glass'
The water is cold atm😂
Dillon Barnes on 22:22 - Dec 23 with 5480 viewsDixie_CT

I saw something that said he was on £4K a week which is crazy if it is true. How many season tickets is that?
Dillon Barnes on 22:27 - Dec 23 with 5459 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Barnes on 22:16 - Dec 23 by karl

For context, Seny Dieng looked similar but definitely no better than him playing for Dundee 2 yrs ago.
Not quite reading the feeling on this thread, from most, Goss was slated for being the quintessential Academy product whereas Barnes has come from the lower leagues and now playing first team football?
He looked reasonable in the early rounds of League Cup but Hibs dominated the games so not a real chance to see how good he was.
I was at a game Seny played for Dundee v Hibs and conceded 2 weak goals in 4, wasn't overly impressed. Only seen Dillon on TV but similar standard so far, boxing day is big reveal!

Ah sorry mate the Sean Goss thing is a running joke, prizes offered for spotting our lesser spotted weirdos. We’re offering a small cottage in the Peak District if anybody finds Marco Ramkilde.
Dillon Barnes on 22:30 - Dec 23 with 5445 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 22:27 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Ah sorry mate the Sean Goss thing is a running joke, prizes offered for spotting our lesser spotted weirdos. We’re offering a small cottage in the Peak District if anybody finds Marco Ramkilde.

What was the rumour??

Dillon Barnes on 22:33 - Dec 23 with 5439 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Barnes on 22:30 - Dec 23 by Gloucs_R

What was the rumour??

Ha ha, not a rumour it was true. Not sure what the score is now. Buy me a drink in the crown I’ll tell you.
Dillon Barnes on 22:34 - Dec 23 with 5437 viewskarl

Understand 👍
Having seen Goss subbed in the first half by Rangers against Hibs I was never impressed by him. The fact they came from 3-0 down to draw 5-5 kind of showed his impact on the game...
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 22:34]
Dillon Barnes on 22:35 - Dec 23 with 5426 viewssuperhoopdownunder

We still have too many goalkeepers - need to offload Lumley or Kelly in January.

Dieng has been one of the few highlights this season alongside Chair and perhaps Dickie
Dillon Barnes on 22:53 - Dec 23 with 5394 viewsjoolsyp

You can find Marco on Instagram most hours of the day ...

Looking forward to my weekend break in the Peaks!
Dillon Barnes on 22:58 - Dec 23 with 5380 viewskarl

Dillon Barnes on 22:35 - Dec 23 by superhoopdownunder

We still have too many goalkeepers - need to offload Lumley or Kelly in January.

Dieng has been one of the few highlights this season alongside Chair and perhaps Dickie

I have said before but I think there was a conveyor in place which unfortunately Lumley has disrupted with his loss of form.
If he could have carried on an upward trajectory then he was to be sold with Kelly holding fort while the next, Seny, was prepared.
I would imagine Barnes was part of this progression and the unfortunate problem has been Lumley losing his form and ultimately profitable sale.
I will say that having 4 keepers with 2 out on loan doesn't sound like too many, although if it's true Barnes is on anything like £4k per week then Hibs will be very unlikely to be paying a quarter of that for a reserve so if what is said above about wages is true then there's still a significant wage cost although not at the club
Dillon Barnes on 23:05 - Dec 23 with 5356 viewsGloucs_R

Dillon Barnes on 22:33 - Dec 23 by Northernr

Ha ha, not a rumour it was true. Not sure what the score is now. Buy me a drink in the crown I’ll tell you.

Tier 4 there, Tier 3 here, you may be waiting a while for that drink ☹️

Dillon Barnes on 07:51 - Dec 24 with 5113 viewsDixie_CT

Dillon Barnes on 22:58 - Dec 23 by karl

I have said before but I think there was a conveyor in place which unfortunately Lumley has disrupted with his loss of form.
If he could have carried on an upward trajectory then he was to be sold with Kelly holding fort while the next, Seny, was prepared.
I would imagine Barnes was part of this progression and the unfortunate problem has been Lumley losing his form and ultimately profitable sale.
I will say that having 4 keepers with 2 out on loan doesn't sound like too many, although if it's true Barnes is on anything like £4k per week then Hibs will be very unlikely to be paying a quarter of that for a reserve so if what is said above about wages is true then there's still a significant wage cost although not at the club

https://footballleaguefc.com/queens-park-rangers-2019-20-player-wages/amp/

Not sure if this is any way reliable but it’s says he is on £3k here but that does seem plucked out of the air when you look at the other figures mentioned which I assume are also plucked out of the air (unlike many crosses which our keepers face - boom boom 🦊)
Dillon Barnes on 08:48 - Dec 24 with 5062 viewsstevec

At least when we had guns in the boardroom you knew where you stood.

Or hid.
Dillon Barnes on 15:11 - Dec 27 with 4669 viewskarl

Hibs obviously lost 1-0 and Rangers had a lot of pressure but generally Barnes was very reliable.
Pulled off 3 good saves which were all relatively close range and within reasonable reach but good reflexes and solid keeping, dealt with a couple of tricky cross balls and kicked well, albeit generally he cleared his box long and kept the passing to his defence fairly simple.
Hibs fans praising him and rightly so, be interesting next few games. They're also saying he's out of contract at end of season and happy to pick him up after that, is that true?
One thing I do remember is both Seny at Dundee and Niko at Kilmarnock said they had enjoyed developing their game in Scotland, learning a lot but intended to push on to make their career at QPR a success. There's been no interviews with Dillon so far but now he's starting games we might hear a few snippets
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 15:13]
Dillon Barnes on 15:20 - Dec 27 with 4618 viewsNorthernr

Dillon Barnes on 10:13 - Jan 4 with 4265 viewskarl

This is interesting, been recalled from his loan.
Hibs have an injured first choice keeper and the player coach has been filling in as 3rd choice as the usual stand by young keeper is out on loan in lower Scottish league.
Dillon has played last 3 games and despite losing all 3 he's looked decent and not to blame for the losses.
Lumley has obviously more or less gone but is this being ultra careful and having 3 keepers or is the prospect of losing Dieing actually possible?
FWIW I think Barnes is a better looking keeper than Kelly and if Sent is away at short notice then his 3 games for Hibs puts him into the team with game time under his belt
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 10:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024