Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo’s on fire 17:02 - Jan 2 with 10940 viewsHastings_Hoops

Seems to be having a great loan spell at Oxford. A bit of confidence abs hopefully a BOS replacement already in the ranks. Under contract until 2022.
Shodipo’s on fire on 22:13 - Mar 19 with 2300 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great news.

Leave him be for the minute though. We are neither up nor down so let him play without distraction.
Shodipo’s on fire on 08:10 - Mar 20 with 2010 viewsgazza1

i really cannot believe that anyone can actually think that he is or would be a good championship player.....he never has, he never will be.

Heavens knows what he has cost us over the years....it is utter madness.
Shodipo’s on fire on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 1919 viewsdistortR

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:05 - Mar 19 by dannyblue

11 goals in 19 starts for Ox Utd now. Appears injury free too. Plays off the bench quite a lot, but has always been available I think.

Imagine if we were signing a 23 year old with that league 1 record? We'd be excited.

Contract up summer 22 so might want to get him an extension.

we might also be asking why, if he's so good, he's not starting more regularly.

I'm not saying, by any means, that I don't want him back and I disagree with gazza in that I think most of us know there could well be a good player there, it's just i'm yet to be convinced.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:23]
Shodipo’s on fire on 10:08 - Mar 20 with 1858 viewsfrancisbowles

If we've got an option for a further year then we really don't need to offer an extension unless he makes a breakthrough here next season.

I'm not sure if he is better than league one and that some of the goals he has scored would happen in the Championship. See Chair's goals at Stevenage for similarity. Ilias hasn't got many from the half way line for us, yet!
Shodipo’s on fire on 12:34 - Mar 20 with 1772 viewsT_Block

I believe players need to play 100+ games at professional level before we can truly judge their potential.I remember writing Eze off for drifting out of games.The lad needs to realise you only have one chance in a professional footballers life so work hard and get technically better and eliminate errors.
10-20 goals at League one and you should shine at championship level
Shodipo’s on fire on 12:50 - Mar 20 with 1719 viewsbakerloo8

Shodipo is no kid. Hes been around forever and had plenty of chances. Maybe L1 is his level, not sure why hes not starting games there if hes so good.
Doubt he will ever be good enough for us. Hope I'm wrong.
Shodipo’s on fire on 13:16 - Mar 20 with 1687 viewsDavieQPR

If you look on their Forums you see comments like ' how Shodipo has kept his place is beyond me'. Seems to be regarded as someone who doesn't contribute much other than coming on as a sub when legs are tiring.
Shodipo’s on fire on 14:17 - Mar 20 with 1609 viewsMyke

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:08 - Mar 20 by francisbowles

If we've got an option for a further year then we really don't need to offer an extension unless he makes a breakthrough here next season.

I'm not sure if he is better than league one and that some of the goals he has scored would happen in the Championship. See Chair's goals at Stevenage for similarity. Ilias hasn't got many from the half way line for us, yet!

We probably said the same about Manning and BOS a year ago
Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 1577 viewsWestbourneR

Shodipo’s on fire on 08:10 - Mar 20 by gazza1

i really cannot believe that anyone can actually think that he is or would be a good championship player.....he never has, he never will be.

Heavens knows what he has cost us over the years....it is utter madness.

The same people who witnessed him be our best player making crucial assists in several Championship games.

He’s done it at this level, I have no idea why it’s such a mystery to you gazza.

11 in 19 in the Div below is some Stornaway form too

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:54 - Mar 20 with 1564 viewsgazza1

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:41 - Mar 20 by WestbourneR

The same people who witnessed him be our best player making crucial assists in several Championship games.

He’s done it at this level, I have no idea why it’s such a mystery to you gazza.

11 in 19 in the Div below is some Stornaway form too

Really.....why is he at Oxford then??

I will tell you why.......because he is not good enough to play for us (and never will be).

Hope Oxford sign him or, perhaps, another Championship side and he plays against us!!!!
Shodipo’s on fire on 16:02 - Mar 20 with 1533 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:54 - Mar 20 by gazza1

I will tell you why.......because he is not good enough to play for us (and never will be).

Hope Oxford sign him or, perhaps, another Championship side and he plays against us!!!!

Whats he doing at Oxford? Playing games and gaining vital experience in the same way that Eze, Chair and Dieng did. All came back better players from experiencing real match scenarios. As often stated by Warbs and many, many other managers - players develop by playing games.

Given the injuries he has only played 68 games of pro football, he needs time to develop!!!!!!!
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:14 - Mar 20 with 1486 viewsgazza1

Shodipo’s on fire on 16:02 - Mar 20 by Welsh_Ranger

Whats he doing at Oxford? Playing games and gaining vital experience in the same way that Eze, Chair and Dieng did. All came back better players from experiencing real match scenarios. As often stated by Warbs and many, many other managers - players develop by playing games.

Given the injuries he has only played 68 games of pro football, he needs time to develop!!!!!!!

Sometimes players are loaned out because they are not good enough and it is an opportunity for the club to get some money back that they are outlaying rather than the player sitting there drawing wages and basically doing nothing.

I would strongly suggest that, sadly, Shodipo is one of those players.

How old is he?? How long has he been a full time pro?? How much has that cost the Club?? How many games First Team matches has he played?? & it goes on, I hope Oxford like him and he plays well and they sign him so that we can recuperate some of the money we have spent on him. We will not be asking for much, that's for sure.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:15]
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 1466 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:14 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Sometimes players are loaned out because they are not good enough and it is an opportunity for the club to get some money back that they are outlaying rather than the player sitting there drawing wages and basically doing nothing.

I would strongly suggest that, sadly, Shodipo is one of those players.

How old is he?? How long has he been a full time pro?? How much has that cost the Club?? How many games First Team matches has he played?? & it goes on, I hope Oxford like him and he plays well and they sign him so that we can recuperate some of the money we have spent on him. We will not be asking for much, that's for sure.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:15]

I'd suggest that that type of loan really only happens at premiership teams. Teams at our level do not generally get loan fees or much of a wage contribution and at the time of the loan and with the duration left on his contract and no mention of a loan to perm id highly doubt it.

Im sure you and i have had this conversation about Shodipo/young players before.

To answer your question as i did above he is 23, having had a few years of injury worries and only having played 68 first team games at championship he has played less than 25.

The only outlay on the player has been in wages and i would have a gamble that he is on a low wage.
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 1462 viewsted_hendrix

He came on as a second half sub but Oxford still lost at home.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:24 - Mar 20 with 1457 viewsgazza1

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:23 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

He came on as a second half sub but Oxford still lost at home.

Presume he was 'rested' today Ted........
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1448 viewsgazza1

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:20 - Mar 20 by Welsh_Ranger

I'd suggest that that type of loan really only happens at premiership teams. Teams at our level do not generally get loan fees or much of a wage contribution and at the time of the loan and with the duration left on his contract and no mention of a loan to perm id highly doubt it.

Im sure you and i have had this conversation about Shodipo/young players before.

To answer your question as i did above he is 23, having had a few years of injury worries and only having played 68 first team games at championship he has played less than 25.

The only outlay on the player has been in wages and i would have a gamble that he is on a low wage.

Teams at our level do not generally get loan fees or much of a wage contribution and at the time of the loan and with the duration left on his contract and no mention of a loan to perm id highly doubt it.......How do you know that??

I would suggest that QPR are getting something which is better than nothing.....for someone who basically is surplus to requiremnets.

Tell me.....who would he replace in todays squad of 20 odd players???

You also state.....The only outlay on the player has been in wages and i would have a gamble that he is on a low wage......I have not got a clue what he earns but if you say £5k per week, thats around 250k per annum not including the other costs the club have to pay and the ongoing costs. It plenty of money for a club like ours.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:32]
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:30 - Mar 20 with 1432 viewsted_hendrix

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:24 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Presume he was 'rested' today Ted........

Don't think he gets too many starts tbh, Oxford's play off place/hopes are drifting away.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:50 - Mar 20 with 1384 viewsWestbourneR

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:54 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Yeah coz going on loan definitely means you’re not good enough. Someone should have told Eze and Chair that.

Sound logic there... ahem.

You may not remember the games but he was a stand out player for us on several occasions under JFH. Didn’t he send in a 40 yard diagonal defence splitting pass to win us the game Vs Leeds at home?

Then Ollie came in and did his weird Ollie favouritism thing where he takes against a player because of personality clash. Froze him out. He then had several bad injuries. And it taken him time to get going again.

I don’t know what’s not to like about 11 goals in 19 games from the wing.

And I really don’t know why it makes you so angry. Very odd.

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:24 - Mar 20 with 1274 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:27 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Teams at our level do not generally get loan fees or much of a wage contribution and at the time of the loan and with the duration left on his contract and no mention of a loan to perm id highly doubt it.......How do you know that??

I would suggest that QPR are getting something which is better than nothing.....for someone who basically is surplus to requiremnets.

Tell me.....who would he replace in todays squad of 20 odd players???

You also state.....The only outlay on the player has been in wages and i would have a gamble that he is on a low wage......I have not got a clue what he earns but if you say £5k per week, thats around 250k per annum not including the other costs the club have to pay and the ongoing costs. It plenty of money for a club like ours.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:32]

I'd agree with Westbourne that your responses come across as quite aggressive and youll quite often pick the bits out of a post to continue a discussion whilst ignoring relevant and supporting information which doesnt support your argument/view point.

But to answer...

I have no concrete proof of contributions and fees but would assume that as you go down the pyramid the financial constraints would ensure those contributions are minimal. If you take our aquisistion of Wells on loan it was done at the last minute before the window closed so the loaning club would probably have been happy to not have said player on the books so compromised on financials.

If you look at a player in purely economic terms Shodipo is home grown and thus we havent paid a transfer fee etc and so the outlay is probably less - he is also gaining game time and experience out on loan, if that transmits to our first team or a possible sale the future is not ours too see!

To be pedantic, from your logic then any player not in the match day squad is a waste of time not a valuable resource that could be either used in our first team squad or developed and sold on?

Kind Regards!
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:31 - Mar 20 with 1250 viewsrsonist

Think I'm going to start believing that the club embeds covert OTT false actors into social media so we support players more.
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:40 - Mar 20 with 1210 viewskensalriser

The evidence is on gazza's side. Shodipo made his first team debut for QPR four and a half years ago and given the signings made in the last two windows, Warburton clearly doesn't fancy him. Is there even a serious conversation here?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:01 - Mar 20 with 1150 viewsgazza1

Don't mean to be aggressive or angry at all......just like to be realistic and several are not on this thread.

I do get frustrated when people talk about what players earns because it just is not a thing that gets discussed so where does that detail come from, mostly pure guesses. I doubt very much if the players know what each other are earning, its very emotive subject indeed.

Specifically re Shodipo, sometimes we have to recognise that a player is not good enough and not make excuses....he clearly is not good enough so when I am being told he needs a chance or he is out on loan for experience, or he has played really well when he has played for us, etc, etc then I get frustrated again. He is 23 years old, been on the books as a pro for 5 years and he has played 10 games a season as a pro. I have probably seen most of his games and yea he may have once sent a 60 yard diagonal ball to someone's feet but that is once!!! - he is a 5 year professional!!!

Trust me, he is not required, he has not been sent out for experience, unlike the other players mentioned. We are trying to get him off out books and trying to get a bit of money as well.

PS- Do you see CA rested, no because he is a vital player, Shodipo gets a subs place frequently!! Why??

I will not say anything more on the subject
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 19:04]
Shodipo’s on fire on 19:26 - Mar 20 with 1078 viewsWestbourneR

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:01 - Mar 20 by gazza1

Don't mean to be aggressive or angry at all......just like to be realistic and several are not on this thread.

I do get frustrated when people talk about what players earns because it just is not a thing that gets discussed so where does that detail come from, mostly pure guesses. I doubt very much if the players know what each other are earning, its very emotive subject indeed.

Specifically re Shodipo, sometimes we have to recognise that a player is not good enough and not make excuses....he clearly is not good enough so when I am being told he needs a chance or he is out on loan for experience, or he has played really well when he has played for us, etc, etc then I get frustrated again. He is 23 years old, been on the books as a pro for 5 years and he has played 10 games a season as a pro. I have probably seen most of his games and yea he may have once sent a 60 yard diagonal ball to someone's feet but that is once!!! - he is a 5 year professional!!!

Trust me, he is not required, he has not been sent out for experience, unlike the other players mentioned. We are trying to get him off out books and trying to get a bit of money as well.

PS- Do you see CA rested, no because he is a vital player, Shodipo gets a subs place frequently!! Why??

I will not say anything more on the subject
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 19:04]

Yeah but gazza you’re not judge and jury on whether a player is good enough.

I and a few others think he’s got quality. I’ve watched him, I rate him quite highly. It’s fine that you don’t - but it is just an opinion

And he’s scoring a lot of goals in the division below to back it up the argument that he’s got something.

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:45 - Mar 20 with 1035 viewsLowerloftLad

chair,dieng and eze have all got rave reviews since being out on loan

Kelly is getting mentioned for a scotland call up

shodipo may not have a future here but 9 goals with games to go we may get a bid in which was not even happening to us five season's ago

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Shodipo’s on fire on 10:36 - Mar 22 with 772 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo’s on fire on 14:17 - Mar 20 by Myke

We probably said the same about Manning and BOS a year ago

Don't think so, Myke.

Manning and BOS were both first team regulars, only had an option year left on their contracts and definitely had a resale value if they signed a contract extension.

Shodipo still has a year left, maybe an option as well, and isn't a regular starter on loan in league one. If we have that option, why would we want to tie him down even longer? I think that if he breaks through then next January should be ok to renegotiate. However, if we don't have an option, then maybe we need to make a decision this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024