Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes and Bonne 19:16 - Feb 20 with 11064 viewsHastings_Hoops

I do wish that the gob$hites on twitter wouldn’t do that thing where they turn on ‘weak link of the week’... it appears to be Dykes’ turn this week and an absolute outpouring of despair at him being selected today and now pointed justification as “he proved them right”.

It was Kane a month ago. Wallace the other week.

We need to make hay while the sun shines and squeeze every possible benefit of Charlie Austin’s presence in this loan spell. Pair them up and hope that Dykes’ confidence and game grows. Same for Bonne.

As for Bonne - Bircham summed it up perfectly on the pod this week saying he’s more comfortable with players missing chances, than not having chances in the first place.
Dykes and Bonne on 20:02 - Feb 21 with 1369 viewsNov77

Dykes and Bonne on 19:51 - Feb 21 by karl

Bit of point scoring mate?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/261651/lyndon-dyk
Hopefully that link works. That's the thread about Lyndon joining, I mostly comment on pages 2-5 and page 9.
I'd be interested to see quotes much different to what I'm saying today.
I think the one you've quoted will be tongue in cheek, my use of (edit) ellipsis is usually that, be nice if you showed what I was replying to as I don't see it?

Edit
Found it. Bit of context?
if he's picked that is. Maybe he is well down the pecking order for Oz but any of us could get a game for Scotland.

When he's banging them in at the Loft and Hampden you'll regret these words...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 20:14]

I told you, someone said anyone can get a game for Scotland and that was your reply.

Here’s a direct quote from warburton at the time,

Speaking on the official QPR website, Warburton said: “I am delighted, delighted!

“He is a player who can score goals and he showed his quality against Rangers and Celtic last season.

“He is a hard worker, a good finisher and I think he is going to go on to become a good international for Scotland.”

So little doubt there about why he was bought.

“To be misquoted is unfortunate, to be quoted accurately is perhaps worst of all” (C) Peter Cook.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dykes and Bonne on 20:06 - Feb 21 with 1334 viewskarl

Dykes and Bonne on 20:02 - Feb 21 by Nov77

I told you, someone said anyone can get a game for Scotland and that was your reply.

Here’s a direct quote from warburton at the time,

Speaking on the official QPR website, Warburton said: “I am delighted, delighted!

“He is a player who can score goals and he showed his quality against Rangers and Celtic last season.

“He is a hard worker, a good finisher and I think he is going to go on to become a good international for Scotland.”

So little doubt there about why he was bought.

“To be misquoted is unfortunate, to be quoted accurately is perhaps worst of all” (C) Peter Cook.

Quote where I said he was a goalscorer, a tongue in cheek reply to someone saying anyone can get a game for Scotland is stretching it a bit, especially when you've gone back through 6 months of text to do it😂
I said earlier if he was scouted to score goals that's a mistake.
Dykes and Bonne on 20:46 - Feb 21 with 1286 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Come on lads, 5 wins out of 6?

Can we save the player bashing (deserved or not) until we’re on the slide again and we are already miserable? This isn’t going to last forever!
Dykes and Bonne on 20:46 - Feb 21 with 1285 viewsHastings_Hoops

seems it’s Kane’s day today:

“Wtf was Todd Kane’s celebration all about yesterday? The [expletive] idiot”

...I wonder?
Dykes and Bonne on 10:05 - Feb 22 with 1147 viewsTacticalR

Dykes and Bonne on 20:46 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Come on lads, 5 wins out of 6?

Can we save the player bashing (deserved or not) until we’re on the slide again and we are already miserable? This isn’t going to last forever!

That's why we need to get our complaints in early.

Air hostess clique

Dykes and Bonne on 11:49 - Feb 22 with 1075 viewsWestbourneR

As many people have said, the worry is that Dykes seems to have a Conor Washington-esque feel for not being in the right place at the right time. His first touch & hold up play is hit and miss too.

Great athlete but will he make a proper player? So far, technically, he's looking a fair way short, which is a shame. I hope he kicks on and proves me wrong.

Despite Bonne missing a few sitters his instincts seem right and he has scored from open play a few times. Link play improving too, he set up the move for the winner vs Bournemouth. He does look the more promising.

Any idea what we paid for each of them individually?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Dykes and Bonne on 12:44 - Feb 22 with 1052 viewskarl

Dykes and Bonne on 11:49 - Feb 22 by WestbourneR

As many people have said, the worry is that Dykes seems to have a Conor Washington-esque feel for not being in the right place at the right time. His first touch & hold up play is hit and miss too.

Great athlete but will he make a proper player? So far, technically, he's looking a fair way short, which is a shame. I hope he kicks on and proves me wrong.

Despite Bonne missing a few sitters his instincts seem right and he has scored from open play a few times. Link play improving too, he set up the move for the winner vs Bournemouth. He does look the more promising.

Figure for Dykes in Scottish media etc kind of seems to have been accepted as a little over £1m with add ons. £1.2 has been mentioned.

Edit
What will the add ons be?
Number of appearances, goals and promotion, would international caps come into it?
For reference I think Hibs got about 10% for John McGinn getting promotion with Villa
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 12:48]
Dykes and Bonne on 13:27 - Feb 22 with 1002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes and Bonne on 11:49 - Feb 22 by WestbourneR

Performances So Far:-

Bonne

Shots per 90 minutes: 2.01
Shots Total: 23
Shots On Target: 9
% On Target: 39%
Shots Off: 8
% Off Target: 35%
Shots Blocked: 6
% Blocked: 26%
Goals From Play: 3

Dykes

Shots per 90 minutes: 1.55
Shots Total: 37
Shots On Target: 12
% On Target: 32%
Shots Off: 16
% Off Target: 43%
Shots Blocked: 9
% Blocked: 24%
Goals From Play: 1

Austin

Shots per 90 minutes: 3.60
Shots Total: 21
Shots On Target: 7
% On Target: 33%
Shots Off: 6
% Off Target: 29%
Shots Blocked: 8
% Blocked: 38%

Not the huge differences between Bonne and Dykes as we think.

Dykes is getting 1.55 shots off per 90 compared to Bonne's 2.01. When we factor in that Dykes has spent far more time as a target man for kick-outs etc (i.e. away from goal) and also factor in that Bonne (like on Saturday) has played most of his minutes as a sub when chances are more frequent and space has opened up, then there's no difference at all.

Apparently, Bircham said recently that Dykes wasn't getting into position to score. That's not my concern with him based on the above. My concern is that 43% of his chances are off-target.

Also, worth noting from the above is that Austin should improve. Only 33% of his chances have been on-target (including one goal that was deflected in fortunately) and 38% of his shots have been blocked, a figure we would expect to drop as he gets sharper and his acceleration picks up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes and Bonne on 14:00 - Feb 22 with 971 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dykes and Bonne on 13:27 - Feb 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Performances So Far:-

Bonne

Shots per 90 minutes: 2.01
Shots Total: 23
Shots On Target: 9
% On Target: 39%
Shots Off: 8
% Off Target: 35%
Shots Blocked: 6
% Blocked: 26%

Dykes

Shots per 90 minutes: 1.55
Shots Total: 37
Shots On Target: 12
% On Target: 32%
Shots Off: 16
% Off Target: 43%
Shots Blocked: 9
% Blocked: 24%
Goals From Play: 1

Austin

Shots per 90 minutes: 3.60
Shots Total: 21
Shots On Target: 7
% On Target: 33%
Shots Off: 6
% Off Target: 29%
Shots Blocked: 8
% Blocked: 38%

Not the huge differences between Bonne and Dykes as we think.

Dykes is getting 1.55 shots off per 90 compared to Bonne's 2.01. When we factor in that Dykes has spent far more time as a target man for kick-outs etc (i.e. away from goal) and also factor in that Bonne (like on Saturday) has played most of his minutes as a sub when chances are more frequent and space has opened up, then there's no difference at all.

Apparently, Bircham said recently that Dykes wasn't getting into position to score. That's not my concern with him based on the above. My concern is that 43% of his chances are off-target.

Also, worth noting from the above is that Austin should improve. Only 33% of his chances have been on-target (including one goal that was deflected in fortunately) and 38% of his shots have been blocked, a figure we would expect to drop as he gets sharper and his acceleration picks up.

Interesting stats:
Bonne has often come on in the final 30 mins when there will be a more ‘open’ approach in games. Dykes starts games when game management and discipline is more apparent.
Dykes and Bonne on 14:04 - Feb 22 with 958 viewsbosh67

Dykes and Bonne on 14:00 - Feb 22 by Hastings_Hoops

Interesting stats:
Bonne has often come on in the final 30 mins when there will be a more ‘open’ approach in games. Dykes starts games when game management and discipline is more apparent.

That's a good point.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes and Bonne on 17:40 - Feb 22 with 862 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes and Bonne on 14:00 - Feb 22 by Hastings_Hoops

Interesting stats:

OTOH, Bonne has only thirty minutes to play his way into the match, but Dykes has an hour. Having never played the game at this level I can't guess which would be advantageous, if either.
Dykes and Bonne on 18:02 - Feb 22 with 817 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes and Bonne on 17:40 - Feb 22 by VancouverHoop

OTOH, Bonne has only thirty minutes to play his way into the match, but Dykes has an hour. Having never played the game at this level I can't guess which would be advantageous, if either.

Also fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024