Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane Club Legend 19:06 - Feb 20 with 3573 viewsT_Block

Official: not bad really and will be remembered.Congratulations Todd.
Well done for not listening.

Some fans are starting to defend you.

..and wallace (who finally looks fit)
Kane Club Legend on 19:08 - Feb 20 with 3026 viewssimmo

If not being able to complete a full game is Wallace finally looking fit...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kane Club Legend on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 2968 viewsT_Block

5 subs allowed: does not matter
Kane Club Legend on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 2939 viewsLongsufferingR

Hmmm. Without wanting to dampen the mood, the most frustrating thing in the first half was the number of times we worked the ball out wide to Kane or Wallace and they lost the ball immediately. Lots of work to do there.
Kane Club Legend on 19:47 - Feb 20 with 2833 viewsWegerles_Stairs

No coincidence that both full backs have been much improved since Johansen signed. We've got that solidity in the centre of midfield now, which with three centre halves, means there's less pressure on them. My main issue with Kane has been his defending; yes, his crossing needs improvement too but he's clearly attack-minded. Now he's getting less exposed defensively, the positives of his attacking are being accentuatued. Similarly, Wallace has looked less exposed in the last few games - Barbet has been there to help him defensively and we've just looked so much more solid.
Kane Club Legend on 22:08 - Feb 20 with 2643 viewsT_Block

Yep you are probably right but it must be added you all have never played football at any level of competency.
Give the backs some credit and enjoy it.

Life is really short you know
Kane Club Legend on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 2602 viewspaulparker

Todd Kane QPR club legend
West Ham top four of the premier league
And a world wide epidemic

It’s a mad, mad,mad, mad world

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kane Club Legend on 23:34 - Feb 20 with 2443 viewsdannyblue

In all honesty I don't think Todd is very good at football, but he's a great athlete - his energy and fitness is fantastic and he keeps going even when things haven't gone his way. I'm starting to like him.
Kane Club Legend on 00:12 - Feb 21 with 2370 viewsW7Ranger

Kane Club Legend on 23:34 - Feb 20 by dannyblue

In all honesty I don't think Todd is very good at football, but he's a great athlete - his energy and fitness is fantastic and he keeps going even when things haven't gone his way. I'm starting to like him.

Yet he's had a major role in several goals on this run. We've scored 10 goals during this run, and he's had a role in 4 of them.

Assist v Watford.
2 assisted assists v Brentford
Goal today.

Not bad for a full/wing back.
Login to get fewer ads

Kane Club Legend on 01:33 - Feb 21 with 2316 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Club legend is stretching it. However I've got to hold my hands up and say that I was highly critical but Big Daddy Kane is starting to prove me and a few others wrong.
Kane Club Legend on 04:26 - Feb 21 with 2238 viewsB_Wad

I'm just wondering what's up with that goal celebration.
Kane Club Legend on 08:24 - Feb 21 with 2082 viewsstevec

Kane Club Legend on 04:26 - Feb 21 by B_Wad

‘I’ve been listening to all you supporters moaning about my crosses, taken it on board and it’s significantly improved my game, thanks and I love you all’.

Least I think it was something like that.
Kane Club Legend on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 2045 viewsDorse

Kane Club Legend on 04:26 - Feb 21 by B_Wad

It is a heartfelt plea to Geoff Cameron to stop performing his motivational karaoke version of 'Cotton Eyed Joe' at the end of every halftime team talk.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kane Club Legend on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 1886 viewsThGrimRanger

He's been doing great of late - just read in the papers that PSG are tracking him and willing to up pay 150 million

TheGrimRanger

Kane Club Legend on 16:42 - Feb 21 with 1762 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane Club Legend on 23:34 - Feb 20 by dannyblue

According to Wiki that's now 200 professional 1st team games - not bad for someone not very good at football
Kane Club Legend on 16:53 - Feb 21 with 1749 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kane Club Legend on 16:42 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

According to Wiki that's now 200 professional 1st team games - not bad for someone not very good at football

Also our third top scorer by the way!

Yes I know it’s a tenuous stat!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 16:55]
Kane Club Legend on 17:11 - Feb 21 with 1693 viewsEsox_Lucius

A lot pivots on whether you are the sort of person who watches a game determined to find a scapegoat for something or someone who looks to see who is entertaining you the most, or the most skilful.

The grass is always greener.

Kane Club Legend on 18:31 - Feb 21 with 1579 viewsstevec

Kane Club Legend on 17:11 - Feb 21 by Esox_Lucius

A lot pivots on whether you are the sort of person who watches a game determined to find a scapegoat for something or someone who looks to see who is entertaining you the most, or the most skilful.

All well and good, but what if the scapegoat is entertaining you most?
Kane Club Legend on 18:32 - Feb 21 with 1577 viewsNorthernr

Kane Club Legend on 08:34 - Feb 21 by Dorse

It is a heartfelt plea to Geoff Cameron to stop performing his motivational karaoke version of 'Cotton Eyed Joe' at the end of every halftime team talk.

Might have that as this week's Geoff Cameron fact.
Kane Club Legend on 19:09 - Feb 21 with 1491 viewsMyke

His 2 goals have also earned us 4 points, without which...
Kane Club Legend on 19:30 - Feb 21 with 1449 viewsdannyblue

Kane Club Legend on 16:42 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

Yeah I know, but you know too. That nouse? That awareness? The knowledge to move the ball around the pitch? To turn it around the corner? To find the angle? When to play safe when to play percentage when to try something? The ability to be available? To look calm in possession. To look up. To not just look down and run in straight lines. To predict what’s going to happen. To block off the passing lanes. To be able to sell a dummy. To avoid buying a dummy. The kinds of things footballers do. Not people who play football, but footballers. Toddy Kane is turning it around, from lost cause to cult hero, backing himself, doing great, working so hard, covering the most ground, lungs of leather, contributing, being effective. It’s wonderful to see. I like him and I admire him, but, as you say he’s not in his first season, and...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:48]
Kane Club Legend on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 1392 viewsrsonist

Kane Club Legend on 08:34 - Feb 21 by Dorse

Or at least stop the "where did you come from, where did you go" bit during the game...
Kane Club Legend on 20:06 - Feb 21 with 1368 viewsjoe90

I've been critical of Kane and thought he has deserved it at times. To his credit, he gives it a bloody good go. Despite the mistakes he makes he always sticks at it and has now made a number of significant contribtions.
Kane Club Legend on 21:41 - Feb 21 with 1291 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kane Club Legend on 19:49 - Feb 21 by rsonist

Or at least stop the "where did you come from, where did you go" bit during the game...

Underrated comment
Kane Club Legend on 09:16 - Feb 22 with 1187 viewsbosh67

He could be our Paul Warhurst. So much more comfortable in the opposing half and if he get in the box or just outside his one touch finishing is as good as anyone's. His flying header at the end of last season was brilliant. I like the guy. I don't think he is the best defender but he's improving, he never shirks and he can finish.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane Club Legend on 10:08 - Feb 22 with 1132 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane Club Legend on 19:30 - Feb 21 by dannyblue

Yeah I know, but you know too. That nouse? That awareness? The knowledge to move the ball around the pitch? To turn it around the corner? To find the angle? When to play safe when to play percentage when to try something? The ability to be available? To look calm in possession. To look up. To not just look down and run in straight lines. To predict what’s going to happen. To block off the passing lanes. To be able to sell a dummy. To avoid buying a dummy. The kinds of things footballers do. Not people who play football, but footballers. Toddy Kane is turning it around, from lost cause to cult hero, backing himself, doing great, working so hard, covering the most ground, lungs of leather, contributing, being effective. It’s wonderful to see. I like him and I admire him, but, as you say he’s not in his first season, and...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:48]

If he could do all that, he would still be at Chelsea ...and playing for them!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024