Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Six Matches... 01:07 - Feb 21 with 4723 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Preston (A)
Brum (A)
Barnsley (H)
Bristol (A)
Wycombe (H)
Huddersfield (H)

All teams midtable and below. Only one above us at the moment (Barnsley). We know how this usually goes, but it's nice that these were relegation six pointers two weeks ago and now that doesn't seem to be the case.
Next Six Matches... on 09:59 - Feb 22 with 922 viewssimmo

Next Six Matches... on 01:11 - Feb 21 by Benny_the_Ball

I understand what you're trying to say but I never like these threads because it breeds complacency. We've already lost to 3 of these teams this season and failed to win at Wycombe. I sincerely hope the players do not look at this run of fixtures and think that they only need to turn up to win 3 points.

Absolutely. I really don't enjoy games like this where the expectations are increased.

Apart from the fact we never tend to do that well with them, the negative fan reaction is always ramped up when losing against teams below us. The unreasonable qpr fans take over and Todd Kane goes from legend back to useless c*nt again.

These won't be easy games, not least because they will see us as a genuine chance to recover points and close a gap

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Next Six Matches... on 10:05 - Feb 22 with 912 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Six Matches... on 09:59 - Feb 22 by simmo

Absolutely. I really don't enjoy games like this where the expectations are increased.

Apart from the fact we never tend to do that well with them, the negative fan reaction is always ramped up when losing against teams below us. The unreasonable qpr fans take over and Todd Kane goes from legend back to useless c*nt again.

These won't be easy games, not least because they will see us as a genuine chance to recover points and close a gap

Preston have same points as us, so hopefully the vast majority of us won't see that as an 'easy' game.
Next Six Matches... on 10:08 - Feb 22 with 904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next Six Matches... on 08:44 - Feb 22 by WokingR

I reckon results will start to drop off a bit now
Warburton has always done well when he has had a chance to work with the squad leading up to a game and the recent couple of cancellations has really worked to our advantage
Our next run of fixtures is so thick and fast for the next 2 months that the only time he's going to see them is on a coach

I think that's fair comment. Also, we got very tired very early on against B'mouth. If that's because we took the last free week to load the players, then ok. If not, then we may see more signs of fatigue very quickly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Six Matches... on 17:45 - Feb 22 with 777 viewsEmpireStateRanger

To be clear, I'm not complacent about these matches. Like I said, we know how this usually goes... beat teams above us, look daft against those below us. We are still QPR, after all.

But two months ago this was looking like a bunch of six-pointers that could have sealed our fate to League One. It's nice that it's not the case anymore unless we just totally do a 180.

I personally see it going like this:

Preston - L
Brum - D
Barnsley - W
Bristol - L
Wycombe - W
Hudds - W
Next Six Matches... on 07:35 - Feb 23 with 634 viewsMalintabuk

Would Preston away be a game where Warbs finally does a bit of rotation?
I was amazed that the same 11 started both Brentford and Bournemouth and that first half we did look jaded. Without the Mepham assist it could have been a different kind of match as after that goal Warbs brought on the subs and we picked the game up
Would you play Charlie on Wednesday? Or put him on the bench? Could this be a chance for the lesser spotted de Vijs or is he still injured
Rest Kane for Kakay and perhaps play Willock with Bonne from the start
Next Six Matches... on 07:52 - Feb 23 with 616 viewsnix

Next Six Matches... on 07:35 - Feb 23 by Malintabuk

Would Preston away be a game where Warbs finally does a bit of rotation?
I was amazed that the same 11 started both Brentford and Bournemouth and that first half we did look jaded. Without the Mepham assist it could have been a different kind of match as after that goal Warbs brought on the subs and we picked the game up
Would you play Charlie on Wednesday? Or put him on the bench? Could this be a chance for the lesser spotted de Vijs or is he still injured
Rest Kane for Kakay and perhaps play Willock with Bonne from the start

I think I'd rest Chair for Willock. He's hardly had a rest for the entire season. Willock does the kind of balls into the box that Dykes gets for Scotland, certainly the couple that Bonne had against Bournemouth.

I think we should start with Charlie and then bring on Bonne later on. Preston tend to be more physical and Charlie can cope with that. I think de Vijs is fit because Warburton said he'd be ready for Wednesday. But maybe he'll come off the bench to give him a taster? Kane hasn't been flogged that much this season but maybe nice to see Kakay get a chance.
Next Six Matches... on 09:07 - Feb 23 with 581 viewsQPROslo

Next Six Matches... on 07:52 - Feb 23 by nix

I think I'd rest Chair for Willock. He's hardly had a rest for the entire season. Willock does the kind of balls into the box that Dykes gets for Scotland, certainly the couple that Bonne had against Bournemouth.

I think we should start with Charlie and then bring on Bonne later on. Preston tend to be more physical and Charlie can cope with that. I think de Vijs is fit because Warburton said he'd be ready for Wednesday. But maybe he'll come off the bench to give him a taster? Kane hasn't been flogged that much this season but maybe nice to see Kakay get a chance.

I read De Wijs is expected to play an hour for the U23's today at Ipswich, Thomas as well, so I doubt he will play at Preston.
Next Six Matches... on 09:47 - Feb 23 with 553 viewsqprphil

Next Six Matches... on 07:52 - Feb 23 by nix

I think I'd leave it to the manager, he's making a pretty good fist of it at the moment. The manager see's these players in training so I'm sure he know's who is fit enough. I know, we all like to speculate. The thing is, we all know that things can change so quickly at QPR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024