Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury 18:25 - Mar 8 with 24827 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54465/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 09:49 - Mar 10 with 2139 viewsJames1980

Is it that they won't sack him or they can't sack him?
Do they think putting Ellis in charge of the first team will have a detrimental effect on his work with the academy?
By sacking BBM would that mean someone having to admit they are wrong and do they find that extremely difficult?
Are there concerns players have signed for BBM and some won't renew their contracts for a different manager?
Are people seriously of the opinion this is an orchestrated dismantling of the club that will eventually lead to the building of The Spotland Retail Park or housing? Perhaps Jenkins Way or Stokoe Street.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:06 - Mar 10 with 2059 viewsfinberty

I await the call in a few short weeks to renew my S/T, to support Dale in its push to achieve promotion from L2 - "don't miss out on the excitement - and look, we've held our prices".

If promotion from L2 is such a prize, why are we not moving heaven and earth to remain in L1, which is, unbelievably, where we still are?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:09 - Mar 10 with 2048 viewsSpeedy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 09:49 - Mar 10 by James1980

Is it that they won't sack him or they can't sack him?
Do they think putting Ellis in charge of the first team will have a detrimental effect on his work with the academy?
By sacking BBM would that mean someone having to admit they are wrong and do they find that extremely difficult?
Are there concerns players have signed for BBM and some won't renew their contracts for a different manager?
Are people seriously of the opinion this is an orchestrated dismantling of the club that will eventually lead to the building of The Spotland Retail Park or housing? Perhaps Jenkins Way or Stokoe Street.

Maybe Tony Ellis doesn't want it? Not everyone wants to be a first team Manager.

Chris Beech got promoted from the youth team and wasn't up to it, Hill was the exception.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:15 - Mar 10 with 2018 viewsfinberty

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:09 - Mar 10 by Speedy

Maybe Tony Ellis doesn't want it? Not everyone wants to be a first team Manager.

Chris Beech got promoted from the youth team and wasn't up to it, Hill was the exception.

One job brings a measure of job security and job satisfaction.

The other is manager of Rochdale AFC.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:18 - Mar 10 with 1997 viewsnordenblue

Hes not doing too bad a job with Carlisle currently
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:38 - Mar 10 with 1917 viewsHopwoodblue

Even if he doesn’t someone will.
As fans I think we are understanding and fair, how many people on here can remember a situation like this when nothing has been done to try and change our fortunes ?
It doesn’t work out every time but that’s not the point.
Like I said earlier the fact the haven’t acted on the situation we find ourselves in is the problem.
We are Dale fans we can take relegation but it’s never happened like this before, the board have always tried to do something about it.
Makes me wonder whether they will announce tonight they are winding the club up and we won’t have a football club next season and that’s why they haven’t bothered doing anything about it.

The whole situation is infuriating!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:58 - Mar 10 with 1865 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:38 - Mar 10 by Hopwoodblue

As fans I think we are understanding and fair, how many people on here can remember a situation like this when nothing has been done to try and change our fortunes ?
Like I said earlier the fact the haven’t acted on the situation we find ourselves in is the problem.
We are Dale fans we can take relegation but it’s never happened like this before, the board have always tried to do something about it.
Makes me wonder whether they will announce tonight they are winding the club up and we won’t have a football club next season and that’s why they haven’t bothered doing anything about it.

Why would they have a fans forum to announce winding up the club? Wouldn't they just give a press conference when relegation is confirmed? Also why invite questions to be asked if this was the case?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:02 - Mar 10 with 1840 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:58 - Mar 10 by James1980

Why would they have a fans forum to announce winding up the club? Wouldn't they just give a press conference when relegation is confirmed? Also why invite questions to be asked if this was the case?

🙈🙈🙈

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:04 - Mar 10 with 1833 viewsSpeedy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:18 - Mar 10 by nordenblue

Hes not doing too bad a job with Carlisle currently

True, but at the time he wasn't effective, although he had to work with Eyre's squad

His record was 6,0,3,3
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:12 - Mar 10 with 1789 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:06 - Mar 10 by finberty

I await the call in a few short weeks to renew my S/T, to support Dale in its push to achieve promotion from L2 - "don't miss out on the excitement - and look, we've held our prices".

If promotion from L2 is such a prize, why are we not moving heaven and earth to remain in L1, which is, unbelievably, where we still are?

I'm not sure about STs. They know that sales will be awful. They will factor that into budgets. Take a few more cuts and then argue that the apathy amongst the public caused it. There is nothing at all to galvanise a different outcome.

Contrast this to what other businesses are doing given that a high proportion of clients/public/fans have saved money during the pandemic. Drive cashflow in now to help rebuild the finances of the club - buy a two year ST now and get a 20% discount.

Could all be so different with a bit of fight.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:14 - Mar 10 with 1778 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:02 - Mar 10 by Hopwoodblue

🙈🙈🙈

So it is going to be a statement masquerading as a fans forum?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:15 - Mar 10 with 1774 views100notout

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 11:04 - Mar 10 by Speedy

True, but at the time he wasn't effective, although he had to work with Eyre's squad

His record was 6,0,3,3

His current record is

8.....0.....2.....6 😳😳😳😳

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:07 - Mar 10 with 1544 viewspioneer

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 10:38 - Mar 10 by Hopwoodblue

The board have always try to do something about it?

You obviously were not around in 1974...worst ever season in the history of the third tier, crowds below 1000 and the board were silent and let it continue for two more years.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:09 - Mar 10 with 1536 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:07 - Mar 10 by pioneer

You obviously were not around in 1974...worst ever season in the history of the third tier, crowds below 1000 and the board were silent and let it continue for two more years.

Did you write that Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:13 - Mar 10 with 1525 viewspioneer

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:09 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

Did you write that Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch?

No...I lived it! Still have the season ticket booklet to remind me that things cant be as bad as.....but it might be time to throw it away after this year.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:17 - Mar 10 with 1505 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:13 - Mar 10 by pioneer

No...I lived it! Still have the season ticket booklet to remind me that things cant be as bad as.....but it might be time to throw it away after this year.

Do you know the sketch?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:26 - Mar 10 with 1464 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:17 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

Do you know the sketch?

................ we used to dream of 1 win at home

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 14:16 - Mar 10 with 1348 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:26 - Mar 10 by DaleiLama

................ we used to dream of 1 win at home

Nay, i've often fantasised about a shot on target! Any old arse will do

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 14:43 - Mar 10 with 1297 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 14:16 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Nay, i've often fantasised about a shot on target! Any old arse will do

Sounds more like a clarion call for some backs-to-the-wall defending to me?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 14:45 - Mar 10 with 1295 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 13:07 - Mar 10 by pioneer

I was 15 in 1974
73/74 was the first season I bought a season ticket 😩
That’s why I was hoping we could at least beat Shrewsbury again last night like we did
back in Jan 74 as our only home league win that season.
I’m not sure whether I paid £12 for it ? Front row in the main stand on the old cinema seats 😊
To young to pay any attention to matters regarding the board of directors and obviously the only info coming out of the club was to be found in the Ob !
It will be very interesting tonight if it doesn’t get postponed to see what excuse they can come up for what’s going on at the club.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 15:38]

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 18:30 - Mar 10 with 1111 viewsReedy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Shrewsbury on 00:33 - Mar 10 by Hopwoodblue

Have the board any idea of how much damage they have caused this club with their seemly couldn’t careless attitude ? Yes we get the fact we’ve no money but when you say we’ve no money do you mean 1970s / 80s no money with a sh!thole of a ground and kits washed so much they changed colour !
These guys don’t know what running a club with no money is all about.We are millionaires compared to 40 or 50 yrs ago.
All it would have taken is a change of Manager before the window or even in it.
A statement that said “ As much as it hurts us to sack BBM we must put the health of this football club first. We can’t afford to employee a new manger so we have put Tony Ellis and a couple of senior players in charge as we need a change of direction to try and save our Div One status.
Had that been done and we were in the same position we are now I would like to think you would have the majority of the fans backing and the reason for that is that you showed us you actually care about OUR beloved football club.
We have not heard one word from anyone on the board regarding the mess we find ourselves in.
As a board of directors you are a total disgrace, spineless the lot of you !
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 0:36]

This post sums it up superbly, the last line is perfect.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024