Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowan Vine 23:56 - Mar 16 with 10155 viewsdaveB

Rowan Vine interview well worth a watch, he drops a few bombs about we are the rangers boys website on 43 mins and the Blackstock sale/Sousa sacking

[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 23:56]
Rowan Vine on 11:48 - Mar 23 with 1538 viewsslmrstid

Rowan Vine on 10:26 - Mar 23 by Juzzie

"but why start to tell me and wind me up" - because, sadly, people get a kick out of that sort of stuff.

Surely he shouldn't even be siding up to people he doesn't know are start telling them internal company matters? It's unprofessional at best and probably contravening business policy at worst.

I wouldn't, for example, be allowed to tell anyone if my company has just made a big business decision. In fact, I knew last year (just a few days before it was publicly announced) that we had acquired the publishing rights to Bob Dylan's entire catalogue.
had I put that on facebook before it was made public I would have been sacked. Simple as.

One of the famous stories from the Paladini era, although hasn't been brought up in this convo yet, is him calling Sousa a "c**t" to a group of fans outside of Pride Park ahead of an away game against Derby.

This one I can verify as being 100% true, because me & my Dad were in that group of fans he said it to, despite the fact his fanboys tried to brush it off or declare it never happened.

We won that game 2-0 as well. I'd like to have known what Sousa might have been able to do with more time, he's had a decent managerial career since.
Rowan Vine on 13:38 - Mar 23 with 1389 viewsPhilmyRs

Rowan Vine on 11:48 - Mar 23 by slmrstid

One of the famous stories from the Paladini era, although hasn't been brought up in this convo yet, is him calling Sousa a "c**t" to a group of fans outside of Pride Park ahead of an away game against Derby.

This one I can verify as being 100% true, because me & my Dad were in that group of fans he said it to, despite the fact his fanboys tried to brush it off or declare it never happened.

We won that game 2-0 as well. I'd like to have known what Sousa might have been able to do with more time, he's had a decent managerial career since.

Yeah would have been interesting with Sousa. Very surprised Vine mentioned him in the interview as one of the best managers he played under and he'd only played for his team a couple of times. Think Hogan spoke very well of Sousa as a manager as well but as Paladini didn't like it, it was never going to end well.

In terms of the interview, Vine reminded me of some of my old mates when we were early 20s. Playing football every Sunday and going on weekends away - Drink, "bantz" and repeat. Diference is he hasn't grown up or changed - still with the same mindset and way of acting but he's in his 30s. I found it all a bit embarrassing. He was a good player though and on the left side of attacking 3, he was lethal.
Rowan Vine on 13:42 - Mar 23 with 1379 viewsNorthernr

Rowan Vine on 13:38 - Mar 23 by PhilmyRs

Yeah would have been interesting with Sousa. Very surprised Vine mentioned him in the interview as one of the best managers he played under and he'd only played for his team a couple of times. Think Hogan spoke very well of Sousa as a manager as well but as Paladini didn't like it, it was never going to end well.

In terms of the interview, Vine reminded me of some of my old mates when we were early 20s. Playing football every Sunday and going on weekends away - Drink, "bantz" and repeat. Diference is he hasn't grown up or changed - still with the same mindset and way of acting but he's in his 30s. I found it all a bit embarrassing. He was a good player though and on the left side of attacking 3, he was lethal.

Yeh I managed to get through the rest of it on my run yesterday. Hard work. Just an endless stream of stories about how he couldn't really understand why West Ham's Jimmy Walker might not find it hilarious that he walks up to him in a restaurant, downs his drink and then vomits it back up on his plate; or why Liam Lawrence might object to being on a night out and getting his shirt ripped open; or why Mikele Leigertwood, eight months out with an ACL, would just walk off and go home after Vine deliberately two foots him in the bar area of a nightclub.

Takes all sorts to make a world I guess, I might not be your sort of person, but these lads lads lads who think they've got absolutely off the scale banter, and that having off the scale banter is a desirable thing, really ain't for me.

A lot of it was actually quite sad, he obviously loved playing football, and was very good at it, and had that taken away by a team mate in training, and was then treated badly by QPR. Whatever he said about being over it, and happy, and never having addiction problems... he said the words, but he didn't seem to believe them himself. Did Parkin and Brown say in the intro/outro he'd gone through 15 Peronis during the interview? That's LFW Saturday levels of drinking to forget. Saddest part of it for me was the 'boast' that one Christmas he'd done six Christmas parties in London, including arranging the Coventry City one, all for clubs he didn't play for.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Rowan Vine on 13:45 - Mar 23 with 1367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rowan Vine on 22:31 - Mar 22 by Hunterhoop

Paladini and his merry band of brown nosers were wrong ‘uns from the off. I remember at Cov away under Dowie (which I think Swiss gave me a lift up to) getting into an argument with someone in the away end about Paladini and Briatore. I cannot understand how anyone defended them at the time. It was clear there were narcissists, if not psychopaths, and not good for QPR.

We were promoted in spite of them, thanks to Warnock and Amit Bhatia.

Have absolutely no time for this narrative that Paladini was a well meaning fool. He wasn’t. He was a horrible, lying, manipulative, narcissist. As were some of those “fans” he had kneeling at his feet. Nowhere to be seen now are they...

Nailed it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rowan Vine on 13:50 - Mar 23 with 1353 viewsNorthernr

Oh, and they've obviously chopped a huge chunk out about Warnock in part two. It goes from Vine's been called in for a meeting with Warnock who says he rates him and wants him to play, to Parky and Brown saying they think Warnock's a legend, to Vine going off on one of his "well this is my truth and I don't care what anybody else says it's my truth that I believe and nobody can take that away from me" and then the timeline skips about 18 months into the future.
Rowan Vine on 13:59 - Mar 23 with 1320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rowan Vine on 13:50 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Oh, and they've obviously chopped a huge chunk out about Warnock in part two. It goes from Vine's been called in for a meeting with Warnock who says he rates him and wants him to play, to Parky and Brown saying they think Warnock's a legend, to Vine going off on one of his "well this is my truth and I don't care what anybody else says it's my truth that I believe and nobody can take that away from me" and then the timeline skips about 18 months into the future.

They do mention they cut loads of it out for legal reasons to be fair.

Warnock can be quite litigious against vague claims too, remember Puncheon?
Rowan Vine on 15:10 - Mar 23 with 1240 viewsTheChef

Rowan Vine on 22:31 - Mar 22 by Hunterhoop

Paladini and his merry band of brown nosers were wrong ‘uns from the off. I remember at Cov away under Dowie (which I think Swiss gave me a lift up to) getting into an argument with someone in the away end about Paladini and Briatore. I cannot understand how anyone defended them at the time. It was clear there were narcissists, if not psychopaths, and not good for QPR.

We were promoted in spite of them, thanks to Warnock and Amit Bhatia.

Have absolutely no time for this narrative that Paladini was a well meaning fool. He wasn’t. He was a horrible, lying, manipulative, narcissist. As were some of those “fans” he had kneeling at his feet. Nowhere to be seen now are they...

Paladini really is an odd one - can't pin him down. I was starting to think he was a bit of an incompetent but ultimately had his heart in the right place. But then you read these other stories and wonder if there was a more unpleasant/vindictive side to him.

My feeling currently is he got quite a kind edit in The Four Year Plan.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rowan Vine on 15:18 - Mar 23 with 1219 viewskensalriser

Paladini was reckless, mendacious and incompetent at best. Surprisingly he doesn't have a criminal record, unlike Briatore.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Rowan Vine on 16:01 - Mar 23 with 1156 viewsqueensparker

One of my good mates - a Rangers fan - was involved in some of the legal side of the club in the Paladini era and has stories to make your hair curl. Still liked Paladini as a person though
Rowan Vine on 16:15 - Mar 23 with 1118 viewsstevec

Rowan Vine on 13:42 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Yeh I managed to get through the rest of it on my run yesterday. Hard work. Just an endless stream of stories about how he couldn't really understand why West Ham's Jimmy Walker might not find it hilarious that he walks up to him in a restaurant, downs his drink and then vomits it back up on his plate; or why Liam Lawrence might object to being on a night out and getting his shirt ripped open; or why Mikele Leigertwood, eight months out with an ACL, would just walk off and go home after Vine deliberately two foots him in the bar area of a nightclub.

Takes all sorts to make a world I guess, I might not be your sort of person, but these lads lads lads who think they've got absolutely off the scale banter, and that having off the scale banter is a desirable thing, really ain't for me.

A lot of it was actually quite sad, he obviously loved playing football, and was very good at it, and had that taken away by a team mate in training, and was then treated badly by QPR. Whatever he said about being over it, and happy, and never having addiction problems... he said the words, but he didn't seem to believe them himself. Did Parkin and Brown say in the intro/outro he'd gone through 15 Peronis during the interview? That's LFW Saturday levels of drinking to forget. Saddest part of it for me was the 'boast' that one Christmas he'd done six Christmas parties in London, including arranging the Coventry City one, all for clubs he didn't play for.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Seems in football for every Marcus Rashford there’s a dozen Rowan Vines.

Prefer to love the club and know as little about the individuals as possible. These type of interviews, allowing the fool concerned to slowly hang himself out to dry, are quite depressing.
Rowan Vine on 16:18 - Mar 23 with 1105 viewsenfieldargh

Rowan Vine on 13:59 - Mar 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

They do mention they cut loads of it out for legal reasons to be fair.

Warnock can be quite litigious against vague claims too, remember Puncheon?

RV says he had a run in with Keith Curle during their playing days

Who was NW's No 2?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rowan Vine on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 1050 viewsHunterhoop

Rowan Vine on 16:01 - Mar 23 by queensparker

One of my good mates - a Rangers fan - was involved in some of the legal side of the club in the Paladini era and has stories to make your hair curl. Still liked Paladini as a person though

Psychopaths are often charming; it’s a trait they learn. If I remember correctly, ‘being charming but lacks consideration for others’ is part of the Bob Hare test too.
Rowan Vine on 17:05 - Mar 23 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

Always said I'd go for a pint with Paladini all day long, but I'd be terrified if he was running the local Spar Shop.
Rowan Vine on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 984 viewsCamberleyR

Rowan Vine on 16:18 - Mar 23 by enfieldargh

RV says he had a run in with Keith Curle during their playing days

Who was NW's No 2?

Had a look at this and it might have been when Curle was winding down his career with Mansfield and Vine was just starting out on loan at Brentford in L1 from Portsmouth in 2002. Vine was sent off in the 90th minute of a game just after Christmas at Griffin Park, might have been this.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 18:08]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024