Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green Tea 16:23 - Mar 21 with 2556 viewsBoston

Jaysus Christ, Mrs Boston has just insisted I take a mouthful of this stuff. I've tasted better paint!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Green Tea on 16:25 - Mar 21 with 1921 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why you tasting paint?
Green Tea on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 1906 viewsHoopstar

I'm with you - my other half loves the stuff, might as well just stick an old sock in some boiling water for me.

Do love many other herbal teas though do tend to just go for the Yorkshire every time.
Green Tea on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 1902 viewsMickS

Keep at it. Wait until you get your green tea moment - you have 5 seconds to get to the khazi.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 17:11]
Green Tea on 16:40 - Mar 21 with 1878 viewsQPRSteve

Bought some in error a few weeks ago, Vile stuff. Threw the box away after one cup.

Yorkshire or English Breakfast for me and I quite like the odd fruit tea.
Green Tea on 16:51 - Mar 21 with 1845 viewsBoston

Green Tea on 16:25 - Mar 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why you tasting paint?

Hadn't you noticed I can't keep my gob shut!

Green Tea on 16:58 - Mar 21 with 1824 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was the same couldn't stand it but now I drink a cup everyday at work. Love it. It's one of those acquired tastes.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Green Tea on 17:00 - Mar 21 with 1818 viewsTGRRRSSS

Love Ginseng and tumeric Active from Pukka are very good.

Green tea is good but it takes time
Green Tea on 17:34 - Mar 21 with 1748 viewslosethedrum

Only recently tried it & its not awful to me as a taste.
One surprising thing is that i seem to be losing weight since drinking two cups a day so maybe it has this & other health benefits .
Agree its best not to drink it if you hate the taste though .
Login to get fewer ads

Green Tea on 18:47 - Mar 21 with 1648 viewskensalriser

Love it. Mistake to treat it as black tea, though, it can be very tannic. Most restaurants, even quite good ones have no idea how to make it so it's palatable. You don't want to use enough to stuff a cushion with and leave it to stew.

The best method is to put a few loose leaves in a cup and use water off the boil.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Green Tea on 20:15 - Mar 21 with 1576 viewsSK_hoops

You probably had rubbish green tea - it's the best kind of tea. Pi$$es on English breakfast.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 20:16]
Green Tea on 21:34 - Mar 21 with 1522 viewsRs_Holy

Green Tea on 20:15 - Mar 21 by SK_hoops

You probably had rubbish green tea - it's the best kind of tea. Pi$$es on English breakfast.

Agree
Green Tea on 21:53 - Mar 21 with 1496 viewsGloryHunter

Green tea is good for you. Anti cancerous and all that. Just be a good boy and drink it. You can still drink Peronis later.
Green Tea on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 1486 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Green Tea on 20:15 - Mar 21 by SK_hoops

Keep it. Regular tea for me thanks.
Green Tea on 23:30 - Mar 21 with 1441 viewsBoston

Green Tea on 21:59 - Mar 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Keep it. Regular tea for me thanks.

...and it’s black, so fck the jolly green giants.

Green Tea on 00:38 - Mar 22 with 1403 viewsLythamR

Tried green tea but didnt enjoy it however appreciate the benefits so went back to my regular teas and take green tea extract capsules. Happy days are here again.
Green Tea on 01:01 - Mar 22 with 1396 viewsSydneyRs

My wife drinks it all the time. Its a bit meh as far as I am concerned. She says if you stick with it you will end up really liking it but I'm not convinced.
Green Tea on 10:13 - Mar 22 with 1303 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I cannot get on with green tea.
I love Twinings Beetroot infusion (it doesn't taste like you think it will) we often go in Twinings at work as it's almost opposite.

Fennel though uggghhh. Jesus it tastes like an old damp dishrag smells.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Green Tea on 10:19 - Mar 22 with 1295 viewsrobith

I like it
Green Tea on 10:21 - Mar 22 with 1290 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love a green tea or a jasmine tea.
Did you like beer the first time you tried it? Of course not. Just drink it and shut up until you like it FFS.

Bare bones.

Green Tea on 13:24 - Mar 22 with 1230 viewsMickS

Green Tea on 10:21 - Mar 22 by Antti_Heinola

Love a green tea or a jasmine tea.
Did you like beer the first time you tried it? Of course not. Just drink it and shut up until you like it FFS.

I LOVED beer the first time I tried it.
Green Tea on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 1208 viewsBoston

Green Tea on 13:24 - Mar 22 by MickS

I LOVED beer the first time I tried it.

Green bottles?

Green Tea on 13:39 - Mar 22 with 1205 viewsEsox_Lucius

A persons taste buds die every 2 weeks or so and regenerate so, if your were to persist with drinking Green tea for a month say, you would find a different reaction to the taste after that time. Two things that have definitely convinced me of this were when I began to eat low sodium & sugar baked beans, I thought they were disgusting and bland but I stuck at it and a year after I started I ate some regular baked beans and it made the inside of my mouth curl and they tasted so sugary. The other one was when I began to add turmeric and fresh ground black pepper to my porridge, blueberries & banana breakfast cereal. It really tasted foul but after a month or so I can really appreciate the different flavours and textures in my breakfast. Gunpowder Green tea loose leaves rather than tea bags is definitely the way to go and can be bought from Whittards. https://www.whittard.co.uk/tea/tea-type/green-tea/gunpowder-loose-tea-MSTR314625

The grass is always greener.

Green Tea on 13:52 - Mar 22 with 1185 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@Esox_Lucius - “A persons taste buds die every 2 weeks or so and regenerate”

I never knew that! I drink the Clipper green tea bag version and must confess that I leave it to stew.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Green Tea on 14:15 - Mar 22 with 1174 viewsEsox_Lucius

Green Tea on 13:52 - Mar 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

@Esox_Lucius - “A persons taste buds die every 2 weeks or so and regenerate”

I never knew that! I drink the Clipper green tea bag version and must confess that I leave it to stew.

Don't leave the tea bags in for more than 3-3.5 mins as it will stew which releases tannins and cause a bitter taste to appear. Also some Green teas taste better if you use water which isn't quite boiling, around 95-98º C
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 14:18]

The grass is always greener.

Green Tea on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 1171 viewsdutch

All tea is the devil's doing, don't get any of them, the air of the dishcloth about them all. Whereas your double macchiato.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024