Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Clive 15:29 - Mar 26 with 6111 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,

Love your work just interested in your answers to some QPR questions (and other) if that’s ok?
My six to start with are
1. Best game seen live?
2. Best manager? (did you miss Stock, Jago, Sexton, Venables)
3. Best game you have seen?
4. Best QPR memory?
5. What do you think of xtc posts?
6. Who will win NRL?

Cheers Clive
I’m at the other end of the world and trying to work out how to get back so my 8 year old son understands why QPR are so important as well as appreciating why we hate the scum.
Cheers,
James

My answers to these six questions are:-
1) not sure
2) Terry Venables
3) QPR 2 Arsenal 0 F A Cup Wegerle, Sansom and Sinton
4) First visit to the ground in late 70’s
5) Makes you think.
6) Melbourne Storm fan although fancy Penrith
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 0:26]
Questions for Clive on 11:39 - Mar 27 with 2106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Stoke report has caused me to use all of my Saturday laughs before noon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Questions for Clive on 12:27 - Mar 27 with 2054 viewscollegeranger

Questions for Clive on 10:26 - Mar 27 by Esox_Lucius

Atmosphere has so many contenders for me, Winning the LC, getting promoted at Villa, 6-0 vs Palace, PO semi against Wigan but that win against Chelsea with 2 of theirs sent off has to be right up there.

Ah yes the Palace 6-0 - even Tony Scully scored and a young lady did a topless streak over the corporate boxes in front of SAR seats! It was a great day of mamories!
Questions for Clive on 12:32 - Mar 27 with 2049 viewsEsox_Lucius

Questions for Clive on 12:27 - Mar 27 by collegeranger

Ah yes the Palace 6-0 - even Tony Scully scored and a young lady did a topless streak over the corporate boxes in front of SAR seats! It was a great day of mamories!

Denise?

The grass is always greener.

Questions for Clive on 12:37 - Mar 27 with 2043 viewsFrankRightguard

Questions for Clive on 12:32 - Mar 27 by Esox_Lucius

Denise?

Never mind Denise, look at deboobs!
Questions for Clive on 17:12 - Mar 27 with 1899 viewsPinnerPaul

'Best' game - quality, thrilling, atmosphere (already done on another thread)

I'm going for quality

Us - Has to be QPR 2 Liverpool 0 1975 - Considering who we beat and how
Them - Not going to be popular, but when Man Utd beat us 1-0 at LR. They scored early and then, no showboating, but just worked hard, did what they had to do and no way were we ever going to score. 1st time I realised what all the fuss was about re Sir Alex F
Game as a whole - Been mentioned before but the 3-2 loss to Man City at LR - they were a terrific side but we slugged it out toe to toe with them that night to produce a great match.

Finally no QPR - Lucky enough to be at Wembley for the Spurs v Man City FA Cup replay - great game, great goals.
Questions for Clive on 22:18 - Mar 27 with 1814 viewsBrixtonR

Questions for Clive on 23:40 - Mar 26 by qprxtc

He’s a stupid c unt. His mum told me that.

This ones for you XTC

You're missing something that could really help you..........it's the truth.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 19:43]
Questions for Clive on 12:59 - Mar 28 with 1713 viewssuperhoopdownunder

10) Clive how much do you love Joey Barton?
Questions for Clive on 22:14 - Mar 28 with 1598 viewsR_from_afar

Questions for Clive on 17:12 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

I'm going for quality

Them - Not going to be popular, but when Man Utd beat us 1-0 at LR. They scored early and then, no showboating, but just worked hard, did what they had to do and no way were we ever going to score. 1st time I realised what all the fuss was about re Sir Alex F
Game as a whole - Been mentioned before but the 3-2 loss to Man City at LR - they were a terrific side but we slugged it out toe to toe with them that night to produce a great match.

Finally no QPR - Lucky enough to be at Wembley for the Spurs v Man City FA Cup replay - great game, great goals.

I totally agree re that Man City game, that was the most hostile atmosphere I have seen us generate, we scared the living daylights out of Citeh and came within the width of a post of getting a point.

I think it was Dzeko who said that was the toughest game they had had up to that point.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Clive on 23:45 - Mar 28 with 1556 viewsSydneyRs

Questions for Clive on 22:14 - Mar 28 by R_from_afar

I totally agree re that Man City game, that was the most hostile atmosphere I have seen us generate, we scared the living daylights out of Citeh and came within the width of a post of getting a point.

I think it was Dzeko who said that was the toughest game they had had up to that point.

More hostile than the 1-0 Chelsea game after promotion?
Questions for Clive on 14:53 - Mar 29 with 1403 viewssimmo

Questions for Clive on 10:21 - Mar 27 by Northernr

Play off final probably. QPR winning at Wembley, yes please.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/35146

Although I do secretly quite enjoy coming up with work arounds when the game has been particularly awful.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49892/boredom-in-i

That Stoke report is great, I'd almost sit through it again just to be back in LR.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Questions for Clive on 10:42 - Mar 30 with 1217 viewsrsonist

Extremely boring q but on the subject of old match reports, I was looking for one from earlier in the season and searching was just such a bloody pain, not sure that I succeeded in the end in fact. Is there some obvious method I've missed? The news archive only goes back 10 and then it's the whims of Google's eternal struggle with LFW SEO.

I did stumble across a standalone archive page for the 10/11 season ( https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/13006 ), I don't suppose there's one somewhere for this and other seasons?

Quite understandable if it's too much of a PITA to do a new one now if there isn't but something to consider for next season.

(Acceptable rebuttal: shut up narc, this will always be care home 4chan dealwithit.gif )
Questions for Clive on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1213 viewsNorthernr

This season's are under 'Fixtures' in the top bar, just click on the scores of each game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fixtures/

Previous seasons are archived under
Features > Match Reports

Although I'm aware the top two links are the wrong way around, and I haven't done last season's yet. It's all on the to do list for the summer.

You are not allowed to use this to point out the rank contradictions, and ridiculous things I thought and said 3/6/9/12/18 months ago compared to now.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Questions for Clive on 11:16 - Mar 30 with 1184 viewsMrSheen

Questions for Clive on 17:12 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

I'm going for quality

On the subject of thrilling defeats, about 1993 (Trev's debut?) when we absolutely battered Liverpool on a Monday night and they scored with a minute to go. I think that was the best I'd seen that team play, and I couldn't believe we lost it.
Questions for Clive on 11:18 - Mar 30 with 1183 viewssimmo

Questions for Clive on 10:50 - Mar 30 by Northernr

This season's are under 'Fixtures' in the top bar, just click on the scores of each game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fixtures/

Previous seasons are archived under
Features > Match Reports

Although I'm aware the top two links are the wrong way around, and I haven't done last season's yet. It's all on the to do list for the summer.

You are not allowed to use this to point out the rank contradictions, and ridiculous things I thought and said 3/6/9/12/18 months ago compared to now.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That book needs to happen one day - a chronological 'best of' based on games, reports, important matches, away days, etc. Curated in a log cabin somewhere through a haze of 40% proof liquids

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024