Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Bournemouth next 14:14 - Apr 1 with 6294 viewsenfieldargh

talk on their forums that collection buckets could be out very soon. Not exactly sure but yet again the PL poison chalice and the dangers of unrealistic spending in trying to get there.

Heard someone on the radio last night saying expect drastic new on them soon

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

AFC Bournemouth next on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 2208 viewsDorse

AFC Bournemouth next on 17:30 - Apr 2 by PinnerPaul

Well, I remember being shot down in flames on here a while ago, when I was a little sceptical about the lavish praise heaped on Mr Howe after I pointed out they were in fact in the top 6 or some such for player spend/wages.

Its been mentioned above, lots of other clubs have done much better whilst spending far less money.

Yeah, but we did worse spending more.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

AFC Bournemouth next on 07:05 - Apr 3 with 2017 viewsLoftgirl

AFC Bournemouth next on 17:30 - Apr 2 by PinnerPaul

Well, I remember being shot down in flames on here a while ago, when I was a little sceptical about the lavish praise heaped on Mr Howe after I pointed out they were in fact in the top 6 or some such for player spend/wages.

Its been mentioned above, lots of other clubs have done much better whilst spending far less money.

He speaks nicely though.
AFC Bournemouth next on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 1894 viewsthemodfather

brentford announce £9m loss, odd as they sell big ( unless its new stadia cost related)
AFC Bournemouth next on 12:47 - Apr 3 with 1846 viewsfrancisbowles

These clubs announcing losses are they for last season 2019/20?

If so, are they for the normal period or do they include the lockdown games that were played in the summer?
AFC Bournemouth next on 15:16 - Apr 3 with 1748 viewsPinnerPaul

AFC Bournemouth next on 19:02 - Apr 2 by Dorse

Yeah, but we did worse spending more.

but at least no one pretended that Redknapp and Hughes were any good - except themselves of course!
AFC Bournemouth next on 18:12 - Apr 3 with 1646 viewsswitchingcode

AFC Bournemouth next on 11:29 - Apr 3 by themodfather

brentford announce £9m loss, odd as they sell big ( unless its new stadia cost related)

Up to June 2020 didn’t include the sales of Watkins and Benrahma in July.Matthew Benham has spent 103 million since being in charge incredible.Long may it continue although I doubt if it will.
AFC Bournemouth next on 18:36 - Apr 3 with 1618 viewsNW5Hoop

AFC Bournemouth next on 20:00 - Apr 1 by NoDiddley

I don’t understand Sjoke City posting losses, owned by BET365 the tart who runs them earnt £469 million in salary last year. Mind you the company profit fell to £224 mill due to the pandemic & they’ve got James McLean. So feck em.

By not wearing a poppy, James McClean has given more thought to its meaning — and therefore actually paid more respect to the dead - than anyone who just wears it like a sheep because it's expected of them. He has very good reasons for not wanting to wear a poppy, and the poppy police who think everyone should SHOW SOME RESPECT seem to forget that freedom of thought is one of the things they keep telling us the second world war was fought for. Yes, I do wear a poppy, but I certainly don't think everyone has a duty to. Especially not those whose main connection with the British army is as an occupying force.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:37]
AFC Bournemouth next on 18:42 - Apr 3 with 1610 viewsloftboy

AFC Bournemouth next on 18:36 - Apr 3 by NW5Hoop

By not wearing a poppy, James McClean has given more thought to its meaning — and therefore actually paid more respect to the dead - than anyone who just wears it like a sheep because it's expected of them. He has very good reasons for not wanting to wear a poppy, and the poppy police who think everyone should SHOW SOME RESPECT seem to forget that freedom of thought is one of the things they keep telling us the second world war was fought for. Yes, I do wear a poppy, but I certainly don't think everyone has a duty to. Especially not those whose main connection with the British army is as an occupying force.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 18:37]

Yep being forced to wear a poppy against your will is the complete polar opposite of what it signifies.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:19 - Apr 4 with 1473 viewsfrancisbowles

AFC Bournemouth next on 18:42 - Apr 3 by loftboy

Yep being forced to wear a poppy against your will is the complete polar opposite of what it signifies.

Agree with that. Although there were many Irishmen from all religious backgrounds who fought for the Allies in both World Wars and the poppy commemorates them as well.

However, his principles don't prevent him from coming to the country of the 'occupying force' and earn a very substantial living. My feelings are that if he is paid to wear the shirt, he should wear it with whatever logo has been put on it. That's basically what he signed up for and is not suggesting his individual support for it.
AFC Bournemouth next on 10:26 - Apr 4 with 1451 viewsdistortR

AFC Bournemouth next on 20:00 - Apr 1 by NoDiddley

I don’t understand Sjoke City posting losses, owned by BET365 the tart who runs them earnt £469 million in salary last year. Mind you the company profit fell to £224 mill due to the pandemic & they’ve got James McLean. So feck em.

FFP means you can't just pump money in to cancel out the losses. I presume the fact that they are still trading means money is being pumped in.
Why the need for the misogyny?
AFC Bournemouth next on 11:28 - Apr 5 with 1264 viewsNW5Hoop

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:19 - Apr 4 by francisbowles

Agree with that. Although there were many Irishmen from all religious backgrounds who fought for the Allies in both World Wars and the poppy commemorates them as well.

However, his principles don't prevent him from coming to the country of the 'occupying force' and earn a very substantial living. My feelings are that if he is paid to wear the shirt, he should wear it with whatever logo has been put on it. That's basically what he signed up for and is not suggesting his individual support for it.

You agree that making someone wearing a poppy against their will is the exact opposite of what it signifies, but James McClean should do it anyway? Seriously? You don't see the cognitive dissonance there? As for the other point, James McClean is not anti-British; he simply does not want to show disrespect to the people where he comes from by doing something that would anger them, because of the very specific circumstances of their dealings with the British Army. Is that really unreasonable? I don't think so.
AFC Bournemouth next on 09:57 - Apr 6 with 1035 viewsfrancisbowles

AFC Bournemouth next on 11:28 - Apr 5 by NW5Hoop

You agree that making someone wearing a poppy against their will is the exact opposite of what it signifies, but James McClean should do it anyway? Seriously? You don't see the cognitive dissonance there? As for the other point, James McClean is not anti-British; he simply does not want to show disrespect to the people where he comes from by doing something that would anger them, because of the very specific circumstances of their dealings with the British Army. Is that really unreasonable? I don't think so.

I see your point but I am not asking him to buy a poppy, just to wear the uniform that goes with the job. Other players have to wear whatever logo is on the shirt, even if they have an objection to gambling etc.

As for not being 'anti British', did he actually say that?
AFC Bournemouth next on 10:14 - Apr 6 with 995 viewsCroydonCaptJack

AFC Bournemouth next on 19:07 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Invest. In. Infrastructure.

Make sure you come out of it with the best ground, training facilities, scouting, recruitment, youth set up, you can. That stuff will be around for decades, it'll set your club up for life. Shovel it all into the pockets of Joey Barton, Jose Bosingwa, Dominic Solanke, Jack Wilshere, and you're one bad season away from being exactly where you were before, with nothing to show for it, but a mountain more debt, and committed to enormous ongoing overheads.

Norwich and Burnley have both built new training grounds, and invested in stadia, during their most recent yo-yos. Relegation doesn't have to be a disaster, as Norwich have shown, if you stick to the plan.

Both kept their manager as well which is what I thought Sheff Utd would do.

My cousin is a ST holder at Norwich and when they spent virtually nothing upon being promoted he told me that the plan was to go up the following season so they would treat the season in the Prem as a bonus and pocket all of the money. Seems to have worked a treat.
AFC Bournemouth next on 10:44 - Apr 6 with 923 viewsCamberleyR

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:14 - Apr 6 by CroydonCaptJack

Both kept their manager as well which is what I thought Sheff Utd would do.

My cousin is a ST holder at Norwich and when they spent virtually nothing upon being promoted he told me that the plan was to go up the following season so they would treat the season in the Prem as a bonus and pocket all of the money. Seems to have worked a treat.

And it wasn't as if it was a season they were getting whacked every single week. Admittedly they seemed to give up once games started again in June and lost their last 10 straight or something like that but prior to the season halting, I seem to remember it being pretty close down at the bottom and they may well have stayed up if the season hadn't stopped.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:44 - Apr 6 with 918 viewsjoe90

[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 20:20]
AFC Bournemouth next on 10:46 - Apr 6 with 908 viewsCamberleyR

Give the pro/anti poppy arguments a rest guys. How has the thread gone from Bournemouth being in the financial shit to this?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 10:47]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:48 - Apr 6 with 896 viewsfrancisbowles

AFC Bournemouth next on 10:46 - Apr 6 by CamberleyR

Give the pro/anti poppy arguments a rest guys. How has the thread gone from Bournemouth being in the financial shit to this?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 10:47]

Yes sorry, it was something Nodiddly said! Lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024