Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 52686 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 1877 viewsManinBlack

European super league on 17:31 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

I understand your sentiment , but I dont think you can impose sanctions for just saying you intend to do something and resigning from positions held . They havnt actually done anything beyond statements of intent .

Yes that is very true as the rogue 6 still intended playing in the Premier league. All they were saying is they wanted a European league instead of the Champions and Europa leagues. In other words playing against Porto, Sparta Prague and Bruges is beneath them in group games.

I would love to see them all fined 2.5 billion each as that is what they would have got for joining up but the noises coming out of UEFA suggests they are just content to have them back in the fold without consequences.

The other thing I would love is seeing them sent to division 2 so they can enjoy the facilities of Crawley Town etc for these pampered prima Donna's. Naturally Sky would then ditch the Championship to show the 6 clubs playing live every week like they did with Glasgow Rangers covering all their games watching them climb back to the top.

The trouble about relegating them is that it is unfair on the players and fans who had nothing to do with this outrage. However if fans are back next season just think of all the league 2 teams getting full houses six times in the season boosting their incomes which is badly needed. Then these clubs really would be helping out lower league clubs.

I doubt a points deduction would do much to stop City, United and Liverpool reaching the Champions league or one of them lifting the title.

I guess a fine the most likely but surely each club must be fined a much greater amount than we have to pay for ffp as I don't see why we should pay a record fine looking at what these clubs have done.
European super league on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 1853 viewsBrixtonR

European super league on 12:20 - Apr 21 by Juzzie

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off that everything seems to have to work on the American way of doing things which, IMO, is a busted flush and is why they are all (at ordinary worker level) burnt out over there yet it gets pushed and pushed.... more, more, more... 3% or more year on year increase, more, more, more always more, like a swarm of locusts which then leave devastation behind them.

Why can't we do something for football like the German model? Is that so bad or will it have Sun readers frothing at the mouth claiming it's all a commie thing anyway.

Does my head in.

Spot on.
European super league on 19:53 - Apr 21 with 1817 viewsessextaxiboy

European super league on 19:31 - Apr 21 by ManinBlack

Yes that is very true as the rogue 6 still intended playing in the Premier league. All they were saying is they wanted a European league instead of the Champions and Europa leagues. In other words playing against Porto, Sparta Prague and Bruges is beneath them in group games.

I would love to see them all fined 2.5 billion each as that is what they would have got for joining up but the noises coming out of UEFA suggests they are just content to have them back in the fold without consequences.

The other thing I would love is seeing them sent to division 2 so they can enjoy the facilities of Crawley Town etc for these pampered prima Donna's. Naturally Sky would then ditch the Championship to show the 6 clubs playing live every week like they did with Glasgow Rangers covering all their games watching them climb back to the top.

The trouble about relegating them is that it is unfair on the players and fans who had nothing to do with this outrage. However if fans are back next season just think of all the league 2 teams getting full houses six times in the season boosting their incomes which is badly needed. Then these clubs really would be helping out lower league clubs.

I doubt a points deduction would do much to stop City, United and Liverpool reaching the Champions league or one of them lifting the title.

I guess a fine the most likely but surely each club must be fined a much greater amount than we have to pay for ffp as I don't see why we should pay a record fine looking at what these clubs have done.

You can only fine them if they have broken a rule that already exists . You can only relegate them or give them a points deduction again if they have broken an existing rule . You cant just retaliate ,the courts would chuck it out in 10 minutes . They havnt actually "done" anything apart from resigning from positions within EUFA ..
European super league on 20:00 - Apr 21 with 1792 viewsBasingstokeR

They broke "Prem rule L9" allegedly...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/super-league-clubs-ban-fines-b18351
European super league on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 1781 viewsManinBlack

European super league on 20:00 - Apr 21 by BasingstokeR

They broke "Prem rule L9" allegedly...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/super-league-clubs-ban-fines-b18351

Exactly what Sky said which is why I thought they can be fined etc because they did sign up to this league.
European super league on 20:19 - Apr 21 with 1759 viewsManinBlack

Superleague City a goal down after 20 odd seconds...
European super league on 20:23 - Apr 21 with 1743 viewsessextaxiboy

European super league on 20:05 - Apr 21 by ManinBlack

Exactly what Sky said which is why I thought they can be fined etc because they did sign up to this league.

If they entered something that actually existed then fine them the max allowed . If they made public their intention to enter in the future I think you have trouble making it stick .
European super league on 20:23 - Apr 21 with 1742 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 1713 viewsSott

European super league on 20:23 - Apr 21 by qpr_1968

It's not the power of fans,it's the power of customers
European super league on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 1713 viewsWatfordR

European super league on 15:35 - Apr 20 by Maggsinho

The rules of the Premier League seem to forbid them. Look at Rule L9

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.1 - The UEFA Champions League
L.9.2 - The UEFA Europa League
L.9.3 - The FA Cup
L.9.4 - The FA Community Shield
L.9.5 - The Football League Cup or
L.9.6 - Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”

Rules already provided in Maggsinho's post.

IF they entered into contracts to enter the ESL , they broke the rules. The weakness of the rules are of course, if there are no concrete sanctions for such rule breaking, eg "if you breach Rule 9 you immediately forfeit your membership of the Premier League".

There ought to be, as this is not a rule break that could ever be described as anything other than clear cut; it's not open to any interpretation. They entered an unsanctioned competition, which is specifically forbidden.

Personally I believe the FA missed a trick by not immediately throwing them all out, then they'd have had them on their knees and would have been able to break their power once and for all. But that's always assuming the FA give a sh1t about the best interests of the wider football community.
European super league on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 1677 viewsaston_hoop

None of this is going to matter, there are going to be no real punishments. In a few months time people will have forgotten that 48 hours and these clubs are going to have the league in a stranglehold for more rights and more money. Are any of us really going to be surprised?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European super league on 20:57 - Apr 21 with 1638 viewsMiss_Terraces

A question for you, I know they've pulled out but apparently they've signed contracts with one, if not the biggest banks on the planet. Are they able to walk away?
I'd love to think this is all over but I'm having difficulty accepting it is just because known liars tell me it is. This is a huge bank with the best lawyers, the clubs get to say they've backed down but they're contractually binded.
I don't know and I'm asking because I'm scared this isn't over and I believe this would be the death of our club.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

European super league on 21:03 - Apr 21 with 1623 viewsessextaxiboy

European super league on 20:35 - Apr 21 by WatfordR

Rules already provided in Maggsinho's post.

IF they entered into contracts to enter the ESL , they broke the rules. The weakness of the rules are of course, if there are no concrete sanctions for such rule breaking, eg "if you breach Rule 9 you immediately forfeit your membership of the Premier League".

There ought to be, as this is not a rule break that could ever be described as anything other than clear cut; it's not open to any interpretation. They entered an unsanctioned competition, which is specifically forbidden.

Personally I believe the FA missed a trick by not immediately throwing them all out, then they'd have had them on their knees and would have been able to break their power once and for all. But that's always assuming the FA give a sh1t about the best interests of the wider football community.

Did the unsanctioned competition exist ?
European super league on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 1607 viewsManinBlack

It does seem something was signed. It was suggested that the delay in Chelsea announcing their withdrawal was because they were checking the legal side of dropping out of the Superleague.

Yesterday Gary Neville stated that he hoped Perez would fine the 6 PL clubs a million pound each for breach of contract. It does appear that these clubs have signed something but did not resign from the Premier league which they intended remaining in.
European super league on 21:17 - Apr 21 with 1582 viewsessextaxiboy

I have just re read the club statements and the one on the ESL website .It says the founder clubs have "agreed to establish" a new competition . Can you enter something that hasnt been established ? If you can ...fine em
European super league on 21:18 - Apr 21 with 1582 viewsWatfordR

European super league on 20:57 - Apr 21 by Miss_Terraces

A question for you, I know they've pulled out but apparently they've signed contracts with one, if not the biggest banks on the planet. Are they able to walk away?
I'd love to think this is all over but I'm having difficulty accepting it is just because known liars tell me it is. This is a huge bank with the best lawyers, the clubs get to say they've backed down but they're contractually binded.
I don't know and I'm asking because I'm scared this isn't over and I believe this would be the death of our club.

It's been strongly rumoured that it's banks pressuring these big clubs and their owners into doing something about repaying some of the massively spiralling debts they are accumulating that had led to the ESL project.

It's also rumoured that UK government applied pressure to prevent the breakaway by threatening to impose one off windfall taxes on the six English clubs which made the financial advantages of breaking away negligible.

If all that's true, those debts haven't gone away and the same pressures will continue to be applied. So I think these big clubs are going to be looking at ways to negate the effectiveness of any tax grabs going forward, and they will look to resurrect the ESL ath the earliest opportunity.

Again, the best way to deal with this was to cut the six clubs adrift immediately they announced their plan a few days ago. Fining them money or points or whatever isn't going to matter now IMO. They've been given a second chance and they'll use it to their advantage.
European super league on 21:26 - Apr 21 with 1568 viewsWatfordR

European super league on 21:03 - Apr 21 by essextaxiboy

Did the unsanctioned competition exist ?

It doesn't have to. Read the wording again

Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter ... any competition other than...

IF they signed contracts, then during the season (20/21), they entered an unsanctioned competition. Doesn't matter if that competition isn't played until an unspecified later date.
European super league on 21:38 - Apr 21 with 1538 viewsessextaxiboy

European super league on 21:26 - Apr 21 by WatfordR

It doesn't have to. Read the wording again

Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter ... any competition other than...

IF they signed contracts, then during the season (20/21), they entered an unsanctioned competition. Doesn't matter if that competition isn't played until an unspecified later date.

They couldnt enter it , it hadnt been established . I suppose they could enter it in principle ..
European super league on 22:24 - Apr 21 with 1473 viewsnumptydumpty

What will totally f**k me off is I am expecting zero punishments in monetary, points or transfer embargoes.

The so called elite have completely said sod you to the leagues and other clubs that they have much benefited from and the regulatory authorities have always been completely spineless and sucking up to the big boys no matter what.

It's almost like impossible not to impose any kind punishment but sadly somehow I expect nothing at all to be done..

One rule for one etc etc etc......

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

European super league on 22:35 - Apr 21 with 1463 viewsWegerles_Stairs

They have crossed a Rubicon though. How can anyone have any respect for those clubs again after the last few days? Seeing their mealy-mouthed mea culpas has been extraordinary.
European super league on 09:20 - Apr 22 with 1280 viewsCamberleyR

Perez still won't let it go it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56842442

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

European super league on 09:50 - Apr 22 with 1227 viewsSilverfoxqpr

European super league on 21:18 - Apr 21 by WatfordR

It's been strongly rumoured that it's banks pressuring these big clubs and their owners into doing something about repaying some of the massively spiralling debts they are accumulating that had led to the ESL project.

It's also rumoured that UK government applied pressure to prevent the breakaway by threatening to impose one off windfall taxes on the six English clubs which made the financial advantages of breaking away negligible.

If all that's true, those debts haven't gone away and the same pressures will continue to be applied. So I think these big clubs are going to be looking at ways to negate the effectiveness of any tax grabs going forward, and they will look to resurrect the ESL ath the earliest opportunity.

Again, the best way to deal with this was to cut the six clubs adrift immediately they announced their plan a few days ago. Fining them money or points or whatever isn't going to matter now IMO. They've been given a second chance and they'll use it to their advantage.

Absolutely. This will happen, just a stay of execution for the time being. They'll all need to work on their PR game going forward that's for sure! No doubt their media departments have that at the top of their respective lists for the next attempt. From the clubs involved point of view that's been the obvious own goal.

The earning potential for these teams who'll negotiate their own TV / PPV deals is mind boggling and ultimately that's what its all about (for them). I'm as sentimental as the next man but as previously pointed out on this thread several times the game as most of us knew it is over and has been since 1992.

This is just the natural next step. No wonder Sky and their employees are spinning the line they are, their 'product' is dead in the water with those six teams breaking away. Hypocritical twa*ts.
European super league on 10:13 - Apr 22 with 1172 viewsClive_Anderson

The Real Madrid chairman is saying it's just on hold for the moment lolz

Boot them all out now.
European super league on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 1114 viewsizlingtonhoop

Shock news!

Chiles writes sense!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/21/fair-weather-football-fans
European super league on 10:51 - Apr 22 with 1092 viewsSilverfoxqpr

European super league on 10:45 - Apr 22 by izlingtonhoop

Shock news!

Chiles writes sense!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/21/fair-weather-football-fans

Chiles currently interviewing David Conn (making sense as always) on 5 Live right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024