Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 52674 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 22:58 - Apr 20 with 1912 viewsEsox_Lucius

It now looks like all 6 English clubs are withdrawing. I wonder what the response from JP Morgan will be?

The grass is always greener.

European super league on 23:03 - Apr 20 with 1874 viewsaston_hoop

They've all quit. I guess the next stage is going to be telling the Premier league they want more voting rights otherwise they might re-consider it. Everyone has been played.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European super league on 03:10 - Apr 21 with 1733 viewsnadera78

And just like that all talk of punishment for the clubs involved and desperately needed reform of football's governance and structures disappears. F everyone involved in this poisoned game, from top to bottom.
European super league on 04:26 - Apr 21 with 1715 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tuchel really is a creep.
European super league on 05:42 - Apr 21 with 1681 viewsBrisbaneR

So, have these so-called super clubs called their own bluff now?

For years they have kept the 'we'll go and form our own league' card in their back pocket when it came to restructuring domestic and European competition, and funds distribution, but when they have voluntarily played it, it didn't get them what they wanted at all. The emperor has no clothes.

Now we've all seen how craven they are, the next round of negotiation about voting rights, TV money or anything else can be conducted knowing that they don't have the power, so we should absolutely not give up more to them, in fact its time to reclaim some.
European super league on 06:32 - Apr 21 with 1653 viewsjohnhoop

So what level of sanctions do we think would be appropriate for the scummy six?
Given the fact that we were fined 40 million quid for transgressing the rules of the competition we were in by overspending, what conceivable degree of punishment could possibly be enough for actually trying to break up the structure of that competition?
European super league on 06:34 - Apr 21 with 1641 viewsThe_Beast1976

European super league on 03:10 - Apr 21 by nadera78

And just like that all talk of punishment for the clubs involved and desperately needed reform of football's governance and structures disappears. F everyone involved in this poisoned game, from top to bottom.

That's about the size of it.

To make matters worse (if it could actually get any worse), now all the Chel**a 'fans' are proclaiming that they have saved English football. They think football is solely the Premiershit and CL. Cnu ts. Makes me so angry.

It's the last straw for me. I'm done with football once and for all I think (unless the authorities use their new found bargaining position to reform the game in a positive way and look after all clubs in the pyramid, but that's not going to happen). But then Rangers go and win and Swansea and make you think twice.....
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 7:04]
European super league on 06:57 - Apr 21 with 1612 viewsdistortR

European super league on 06:32 - Apr 21 by johnhoop

So what level of sanctions do we think would be appropriate for the scummy six?
Given the fact that we were fined 40 million quid for transgressing the rules of the competition we were in by overspending, what conceivable degree of punishment could possibly be enough for actually trying to break up the structure of that competition?

ha! you've been very bad, now you'll have to go and negotiate your own tv deals....
Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 06:59 - Apr 21 with 1600 viewsjohnhoop

European super league on 06:57 - Apr 21 by distortR

ha! you've been very bad, now you'll have to go and negotiate your own tv deals....

Yep, I guess in reality that'll be about it!
European super league on 07:02 - Apr 21 with 1593 viewsdistortR

European super league on 20:18 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

Real may be left to play with themselves. Which they find enjoyable I understand.

well, i don't subscribe to sky, but i do regularly pay to watch this wo....................
actually, best not
European super league on 07:05 - Apr 21 with 1579 viewsdavman

European super league on 19:14 - Apr 20 by toboboly

There still need to be serious ramifications. The 6 clubs need to be dealt with incredibly harshly

They won't be though. Just a visible "ticking off" and maybe a tokenistic fine. Letting them stew until the next incarnation.

Expect UEFA to bend to them though - expect the plans for the Champ League to change to suit.

Face it, these clubs have more financial muscle and acumen than those in charge of the se ruling bodies.

Ultimately they hold the cards and FIFA, UEFA, the FA and the Premier League will do what they can to keep them happy and involved.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

European super league on 07:18 - Apr 21 with 1550 viewsdmm

Football supporters' outrage must not stop now. We must insist on the reform of football structures beginning with mandatory supporters' representation on the board of UK clubs.
European super league on 07:34 - Apr 21 with 1501 viewsPhildo

European super league on 07:18 - Apr 21 by dmm

Football supporters' outrage must not stop now. We must insist on the reform of football structures beginning with mandatory supporters' representation on the board of UK clubs.

Totally agree- they will never be weaker than they are today
European super league on 07:35 - Apr 21 with 1499 viewswood_hoop

Not quite sure why the sudden turnaround, was good to see many genuine football fans voice their opinions more or less off the same page ,even those of the unspeakable name.

Must have been some pressure brought on the 6, somehow I doubt it was fan pressure alone, to the oiks that run the breakway clubs fans just a cashcow to bleed dry.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on our PM and behind the scences more than a bit of arm twisting was taking place, to go against JP Morgan takes more than a bit of power that the clubs could muster.
European super league on 08:21 - Apr 21 with 1424 viewsnadera78

European super league on 22:58 - Apr 20 by Esox_Lucius

It now looks like all 6 English clubs are withdrawing. I wonder what the response from JP Morgan will be?

If it's true they signed contracts then it's likely they will be in far more trouble with JP Morgan than with the football authorities.
European super league on 09:26 - Apr 21 with 1347 viewsPaddyhoops

Lee Hoos is speaking on BBC 5 live about the whole sorry saga.
He's discussing the posssible effects on our club.
He talks a lot of sense . We're lucky to have him.
European super league on 10:03 - Apr 21 with 1278 viewsBrianMcCarthy

European super league on 09:26 - Apr 21 by Paddyhoops

Can't find a link as yet. Would like to listen to it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

European super league on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 1195 viewsSott

European super league on 10:03 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't find a link as yet. Would like to listen to it.

Went onto BBC sounds to get it
European super league on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 1187 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

European super league on 09:26 - Apr 21 by Paddyhoops

I agree, but let’s be honest, if we were invited he and the board would be up there like a rat up a drainpipe!
European super league on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 1177 viewsdmm

The culture secretary, Oliver Dowden, has said this morning: “The German clubs didn’t participate in this [Super League] proposal. One of the points that was made to me by fans when the prime minister and I met with them was the fact that there was that financial stake,” he told LBC radio.

“I think we should look at it,” he said. International investment in football has been a good thing. It has increased the quality of the game and the players and everything else … but I do think it is right that we look at how fans can have a stake in the game.”

A governance review into football was pledged in the Tory 2019 election manifesto but has never happened. I hope a football supporter's campaign group is formed to put pressure on the Government to get this done and not just use the ESL fiasco for it's own political purposes.
European super league on 10:57 - Apr 21 with 1133 viewsEsox_Lucius

European super league on 08:21 - Apr 21 by nadera78

If it's true they signed contracts then it's likely they will be in far more trouble with JP Morgan than with the football authorities.

That's what I thought, and why I raised the question. Their asset management side will be out for blood IMO.

The grass is always greener.

European super league on 11:01 - Apr 21 with 1116 viewspaulparker

And the " football family " pats itself on the back for a job well done

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

European super league on 11:03 - Apr 21 with 1110 viewspaulparker

European super league on 11:01 - Apr 21 by paulparker

And the " football family " pats itself on the back for a job well done

this despite the fact that
players wages are obscene
stupid kick off times
obscene ticket prices
betting companies galore
sky & BT subscriptions through the roof
VAR
thank god we can now breath a sigh of relief and get back to normal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

European super league on 11:11 - Apr 21 with 1091 viewsClive_Anderson

Also it looks like they are sneaking through some changes to the Champions League where teams qualify and get more money based on some UEFA coefficient rather than how they actually did that season.

The whole thing is shite, I was delighted they were fcking off.
European super league on 11:19 - Apr 21 with 1072 viewsPaddyhoops

European super league on 10:32 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

I agree, but let’s be honest, if we were invited he and the board would be up there like a rat up a drainpipe!

Bit cynical Baz. You could be right though.
We've got closer to winning a leauge title than Spurs in the last 60 years so maybe not such a fanciful notion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024