Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 52698 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 13:37 - Apr 22 with 2316 viewsthemodfather

as the dust settles and the football world thinks this super league is gone forever, now is the time for action , pending investigation(s) i expected the EFL to have suspended their final this sunday, as the two teams were break away brokers and brought the game into disrepute. why enforce their claims as "big" by having them parade around wembley with another tin pot? sky news , as others have mentioned, a rule broken to enter unauthorised league/cup and fans want to see leadership , it is too apparent these 6 conspired for themselves and must face sanctions.
or is it the clubs can pay for and get a better legal team to fight their case?
it seems players, managers and fans at the said 6 , did not want this league and some could argue why punish them? but action must be taken and fa/efl not be overawed by suits and legal teams.
European super league on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 2245 viewsloftboy

Now seeing suggestions that the old firm could join the PL, surely this would be no better morally as the ESL as the Scottish teams would be shafted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

European super league on 14:43 - Apr 22 with 2194 viewsfrancisbowles

I haven't read this thread, so apologies if this has been said but, the way they caved in so quickly was this partly a 'red herring' in order to get the Champions League changes through. Doubling the amount of group games or whatever they are doing is going to have a further detrimental effect on the domestic cups and will dominate the sports stories on nights where the Football League fixtures clash with group games.

Less exposure for the Championship means less interest, less TV money, less sponsorship etc.
European super league on 14:48 - Apr 22 with 2189 viewsJuzzie

European super league on 10:45 - Apr 22 by izlingtonhoop

Shock news!

Chiles writes sense!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/21/fair-weather-football-fans

It's not so much them leaving for the €$£ that bothers me, it's how it the FA/PL react. Do not allow them to compete in any UK competitions alongside the ESL and if they wish to return they have to enter at a lower level and work their way up.

IMO I don't think it should stop players playing for their national country. The players shouldn't be penalised, they are employees of the club and it the club making the decision.
European super league on 15:07 - Apr 22 with 2157 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN955jJDSmO/?igshid=1jp1womup9nn4
European super league on 15:36 - Apr 22 with 2105 viewsRanger_Things

European super league on 14:48 - Apr 22 by Juzzie

It's not so much them leaving for the €$£ that bothers me, it's how it the FA/PL react. Do not allow them to compete in any UK competitions alongside the ESL and if they wish to return they have to enter at a lower level and work their way up.

IMO I don't think it should stop players playing for their national country. The players shouldn't be penalised, they are employees of the club and it the club making the decision.

Exactly. The players would be under contract presumably unab le to leave even if they wanted to.
European super league on 16:32 - Apr 22 with 2019 viewsEsox_Lucius

There is a disturbing Tweet regarding the money behind the scenes, and it goes a lot further than football.

The grass is always greener.

European super league on 17:42 - Apr 22 with 1927 viewsTGRRRSSS

Perez and Real are presumably in big big trouble, the problem is how can it not be dead in the waye - if the clubs do it again then surely that would be it.

I feel some punishment is warranted but it's annoying everyone is now calling for calm and measured approach.... funny that.

Anyone know Man United's current debt?

Last I read it was well down on what it once was.

My favourite idea is to punish ring leaders Real Madrid, Man United and Liverpool by UEFA and co as a warning to everyone else, points deduction and £200 Million fine each - not so much when you consider the fine we got for FFP.
Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 18:07 - Apr 22 with 1891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd be more interested in strengthening the rules of the FIFA, UEFA and the National FA's to make sure this doesn't happen again. It's very hard to engineer ironclad rules, but every attempt should be made to make them as stringent and structurally sound as possible, and to do it now while public opinion is high.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

European super league on 20:53 - Apr 22 with 1775 viewsEsox_Lucius

European super league on 16:32 - Apr 22 by Esox_Lucius

There is a disturbing Tweet regarding the money behind the scenes, and it goes a lot further than football.

Apologies, this Tweet goes on for another 7-8 Tweets where the football side of it is exposed.

The grass is always greener.

European super league on 21:12 - Apr 22 with 1746 viewsBucksRanger

European super league on 20:53 - Apr 22 by Esox_Lucius

Apologies, this Tweet goes on for another 7-8 Tweets where the football side of it is exposed.

Read the lot. Very interesting.
European super league on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 1598 viewsTGRRRSSS

What they should have done was ask the old Rivals owners what happened to their business when they took over, announced wholse sale changes with a high handed "you'll do as I say" attitude and you'll like it as well.

I believe eventually it closed down.

Something Norf will know doubt remember and tell us more about one day..
European super league on 14:21 - Apr 23 with 1525 viewsQPR_John

JP Morgan have now issued a statement

"JP Morgan, the financial backers of the doomed Super League, say they misjudged the proposals and have vowed to learn from the reaction of supporters."

Looks nots so much a case of one goes followed by a dominoes effect more like they all put a combined plan together.
European super league on 14:49 - Apr 23 with 1493 viewsJuzzie

European super league on 14:21 - Apr 23 by QPR_John

JP Morgan have now issued a statement

"JP Morgan, the financial backers of the doomed Super League, say they misjudged the proposals and have vowed to learn from the reaction of supporters."

Looks nots so much a case of one goes followed by a dominoes effect more like they all put a combined plan together.

"vowed to learn" - yeah right, that old chesnut.
European super league on 15:09 - Apr 23 with 1451 viewsMatch82

In terms of how we react we all know the premier league is going to cave, so the FA needs to do something symbolic and meaningful. Banned from the FA cup for five years, something like that. The big clubs demean that anyway and it would open up the competition and European qualifying spot to being much more competitive.
European super league on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 1401 viewsMatch82

Edit: double post
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 16:26]
European super league on 17:05 - Apr 23 with 1346 viewsSimplyNico

I am surprised that an investment bank's Risk or PR teams allowed the word "doomed".
European super league on 07:53 - Apr 24 with 1251 viewstoboboly

I see that Moyes has called for a PL2 and Parry wants to revisit Project Big Picture. These people need shooting.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

European super league on 08:46 - Apr 24 with 1200 viewsdavman

European super league on 16:11 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

EFL statement - interesting. Addresses the point Clive made in his preview - the PL is part of the problem, not the solution!

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/april/efl-statement-european-super-league2/

Thanks for posting that Paul. It is the best statement to come out of the EFL that I can remember. There is still the remote possibility that they will surprise me, but the real test is how they follow up on this.

If they were really part of a football "family", they would be able to seek more of an equitable share of the riches, but the Big 6 and the current (temporary) hangers on in the Prem will continue to maximise their income ignoring the long term damage to the members of their oh-so-all-important pyramid the current arrangements promote.

They have as much chance of reform as I do for playing for QPR.

(Just so that you are clear, due to metal plates in both legs, being 50 and never being much cop, that's ZERO chance just in case you weren't clear...).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

European super league on 09:14 - Apr 24 with 1175 viewsNorthantsHoop

It does make me laugh, some of the so called big 6 clubs fans demonstrating wanting their clubs back. That boat sailed long ago for top level clubs and football in general with the explosion of players salaries, TV rights, betting, sponsorship, obscene transfer fees to name just a few. It is very hard to put the genie back in the bottle, I'm at a loss to see how football finance will ever change. Still anyway onto the Norwich game this afternoon - COYRsss.
European super league on 23:15 - Apr 24 with 1004 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/24/perez-says-super-league-clubs-c
European super league on 23:36 - Apr 24 with 978 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

European super league on 23:15 - Apr 24 by Ranger_Things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/24/perez-says-super-league-clubs-c

"Project" will "Move Forward" - Perez

Is that the most persuasive argument he can come up with...

Is this a revolution in football led by one man? On his own?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

European super league on 23:45 - Apr 24 with 959 viewsRanger_Things

One way or another I think a European Super League is inevitable. Most likely with changes to the Champions League.
European super league on 00:32 - Apr 25 with 914 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

European super league on 23:45 - Apr 24 by Ranger_Things

One way or another I think a European Super League is inevitable. Most likely with changes to the Champions League.

It’s inevitable why?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

European super league on 00:45 - Apr 25 with 901 viewsRanger_Things

European super league on 00:32 - Apr 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

It’s inevitable why?

Because the clubs want to wring every last penny out of the game. Playing Real, Barca, Juventus etc twice every season with renegotiated TV and streaming rights is the way to do it. Euro qualifying rounds, draws against smaller clubs and 95%of domestic games don’t bring in the same worldwide revenue as the European ‘glamour ties’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024