Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. 09:56 - Apr 25 with 5346 viewsSnipper

My nephew is a Chelsea fan, and he was eulogising about Mason Mount yesterday. He said, ‘take it from me, Mason Mount will one day win the Ballon d'Or.’ We ended up having a semi heated discussion about it.
He said that Mason Mount is the best player England has. I said that Jack Grealish and Phil Foden were better.
He said that all Chelsea’s play goes through MM, and Fodan only looks good owing to the better players in his team.
I’ve only watched a very small amount of Premier League football this season, so who’s right?

I do apologise writing about a Chelsea player :-((.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 10:10 - Apr 25 with 3397 viewsStanisgod

Foden all day long.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 10:13 - Apr 25 with 3386 viewsLythamR

Mount is very good but i would say Fodden is better. his close ball control and foot speed are better than Mount on the evidence of my eyes and i think his decision making is better as well, both players are still developing but if we have to sell Willock and had the choice of the 2 as a replacement i would go with Fodden
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 10:17 - Apr 25 with 3372 viewsdenhamhoop2

Mount is a very good player but nowhere near the class and awareness that Foden is Foden has seamlessly replaced David Silva and probably improved City that should tell you all you need. Grealish is an oustanding talent the problem is the team has to operate around him and tends to slow the game down to near walking pace at times. The Mount v Foden situation reminds me very much of Lampard v Scholes just hope that Southgate does not go down the Sven route of shunting the talent out onto the left wing
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 3309 viewsLazyFan

Mount is totally overrated.

Grealish is world-class and Foden is not far behind him. We cannot win anything with England with Mount in the side. Whereas Grealish can win you a match single handly.

As he did with Villa last season to keep them up. Foden would have kept Mount out of the England team, time and again if he had not done his stupid Iceland thing.

Greenwood will also be a future star, he can progress to do it all too.

Main problem as is always with England is that the manager is not very good. Quite poor really.

zzzzzzzzzz

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:03 - Apr 25 with 3291 viewsdaveB

Mount is a really good player, personally think of the 3 Foden is the best one but Mount will have a very good career.

Also no way is Grealish world class, you can't be put in that bracket until you have done it at the highest level, he's really good and would have him in the england squad if fit but has a lot to do before he gets to that level
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 3263 viewsloftupper

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:03 - Apr 25 by daveB

Mount is a really good player, personally think of the 3 Foden is the best one but Mount will have a very good career.

Also no way is Grealish world class, you can't be put in that bracket until you have done it at the highest level, he's really good and would have him in the england squad if fit but has a lot to do before he gets to that level

As with many players with talent, Grealish is his own worst enemy.

I still can't square the question of why he's still at Villa, there is a reason the money bags clubs have not made offers.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:25 - Apr 25 with 3256 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All three fine players, but Foden's a good bit ahead right now, I think.

I watched Mount yesterday and thought he was tidy, did the right thing nearly every time, looked to be involved and had a good game. the commentators thought he had a great game, but that seemed hyperbolic to me - he's the current media darling. But he definitely showed promise.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:28 - Apr 25 with 3245 viewslightwaterhoop

I would put Sam Field in before Mason Mount.
Login to get fewer ads

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:37 - Apr 25 with 3213 viewsloftupper

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:28 - Apr 25 by lightwaterhoop

Ssh! Lets get him on a perm contract first..
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:49 - Apr 25 with 3196 viewsQPRSteve

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:28 - Apr 25 by lightwaterhoop

I'd put Alan Carr in before Mount
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:54 - Apr 25 with 3188 viewsqprphil

Foden is the better all round player. Grealish will win you more fouls, and is very difficult to get the ball off. Mount is good, but not as good as the others.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:56 - Apr 25 with 3185 viewsSonofNorfolt

It depends how safe Southgate wants to be?
Frankly, if fit, Grealish should be the first name on the teamsheet, he's a fantastic player.
Foden too, is developing into a World class nuisance.

You know Gareth will go with Mount.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 12:42 - Apr 25 with 3084 viewsbakerloo8

1st. Foden
1.5th Grealish

32nd Mount
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 3089 viewsterryb

I would say that England have three players who are close to international class all ready. Jude Bellingham may bring the total up to four that the rest of the world will be envious of.

The problem will be finding a style that will accommodate all of these into the same side. It would be good if we could find an English goalkeeper & defenders that came close to their ability!
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 3054 viewsBAWHoops

Mount is probably the most underrated player at the ‘big 6’. Absolutely phenomenal talent who will be key to any England success this summer.
We are going to play 433 and Mount will be in that midfield 3 with Rice and Henderson. Nailed on.

Phil Foden is, however, different class. Not seen an England player like him in decades. He is still young though and it’s right that he is considered as one of the front 3. Will be shocked if he doesn’t start.

Grealish isn’t in competition with Mount. He plays off the wings and is therefore in competition with Rashford, Sancho and Sterling.
Kane is our captain and first name on the team sheet, he’s beyond brilliant. For him to be at his best you need to put Pacey options alongside him. If Foden is one of the 3 then Grealish doesn’t start.
Personally I’d play Rashford Kane Foden as the 3 up top (Sterling is in rancid form)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 3032 viewsdaveB

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:56 - Apr 25 by SonofNorfolt

It depends how safe Southgate wants to be?
Frankly, if fit, Grealish should be the first name on the teamsheet, he's a fantastic player.
Foden too, is developing into a World class nuisance.

You know Gareth will go with Mount.

For the England team Mount has to start. Hard to see where you play Grealish at the moment. Foden will probably start either him or Sterling on the left same as it is for man City at the moment
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 3035 viewsgazza1

Three proper decent players......who is best is pretty difficult to answer and there is not a correct one.

I am pleased they are all decent because they are English and gives England chances to win a trophy.

BTW, MM could well win the Ballon d'Or.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:12 - Apr 25 with 2869 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 12:48 - Apr 25 by terryb

I would say that England have three players who are close to international class all ready. Jude Bellingham may bring the total up to four that the rest of the world will be envious of.

The problem will be finding a style that will accommodate all of these into the same side. It would be good if we could find an English goalkeeper & defenders that came close to their ability!

Somewhere on the internet, is a nail with a sore head having been hit by a hammer!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:29 - Apr 25 with 2824 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 11:25 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

All three fine players, but Foden's a good bit ahead right now, I think.

I watched Mount yesterday and thought he was tidy, did the right thing nearly every time, looked to be involved and had a good game. the commentators thought he had a great game, but that seemed hyperbolic to me - he's the current media darling. But he definitely showed promise.

Good post as usual Brian and spot on IMO.Foden is playing serious stuff right and his pace ,appetite,vision and ability to shoot puts him on a higher plain than the others.
Of course he is playing with incredible players and in a great system so is allowed to shine .
Not saying Mount is not and I suspect he will thrive under TT but Foden would walk into any team in the globe right now
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:33 - Apr 25 with 2816 viewsMrSheen

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 12:48 - Apr 25 by terryb

Bellingham looks like he might be the best of the lot, moves as easily as smoke. Extraordinary luck for us that he's English.

I really don't want this to turn into another Gerrard-Lampard-Beckham thing, despising England players because of their clubs.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 16:34]
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 2802 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:33 - Apr 25 by MrSheen

Bellingham looks like he might be the best of the lot, moves as easily as smoke. Extraordinary luck for us that he's English.

I really don't want this to turn into another Gerrard-Lampard-Beckham thing, despising England players because of their clubs.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 16:34]

"moves as easily as smoke"

Lovely phrase, Sheen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 17:00 - Apr 25 with 2772 viewsMrSheen

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 16:39 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

"moves as easily as smoke"

Lovely phrase, Sheen.

Thanks Brian, but he is an amazingly light mover, like he doesn't leave footprints.
Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 18:13 - Apr 25 with 2683 viewsDWQPR

Personally I’d have Eze over the lot of them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 18:59 - Apr 25 with 2622 viewsBAWHoops

Watching the League Cup Final you realise that Foden is operating at a different level to Grealish and Mount. Wow.

FWIW I'd have this as the team

..................Pickford.............
Walker.....Stones.....Maguire....Shaw
....................Rice.....................
.............Henderson..Mount...........
....Foden..........Kane........Rashford..

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 19:21 - Apr 25 with 2586 viewsgazza1

Mason Mount vs Jack Grealish & Phil Foden. on 18:59 - Apr 25 by BAWHoops

Watching the League Cup Final you realise that Foden is operating at a different level to Grealish and Mount. Wow.

FWIW I'd have this as the team

..................Pickford.............
Walker.....Stones.....Maguire....Shaw
....................Rice.....................
.............Henderson..Mount...........
....Foden..........Kane........Rashford..

I would find a place for Grealish....good player.

Shame about the Manager though!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024