Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? 21:19 - Apr 28 with 5933 viewsNoDiddley

Just watching Champions league Citeh game, they mentioned Kyle Walker’s pace & I must say he’s the quickest thing I’ve seen in a QPR shirt.
I remember away v Pompey November 2010 the 1-1 penalty game, he was out of position & John Utaka was away, Walker turned on the burners caught him up & regained possession, quickest thing I’ve seen on a football field. Des Walker was quick perhaps it’s the name?
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:27 - Apr 28 with 2984 viewsJuzzie

Wayne Fereday
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:27 - Apr 28 with 2982 viewsEsox_Lucius

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:27 - Apr 28 by Juzzie

Wayne Fereday

Tony Witter too.

The grass is always greener.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:37 - Apr 28 with 2942 viewsStanisgod

Bob Malcolm.
Seriously, I wouldn't bet against Fereday personally.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:38 - Apr 28 with 2940 viewsLazyFan

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:27 - Apr 28 by Juzzie

Wayne Fereday

Agreed, not the best footballer but super fast. I think he was up there with the top 100 meter sprinters at the time.

zzzzzzzzzz

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:46 - Apr 28 with 2914 viewsTonto

Fereday for me too.

I know Witter was a junior sprinter and won some competition on ITV but I never saw him play. He wasn't exactly a regular...
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 21:47]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:46 - Apr 28 with 2913 viewsLythamR

Rapid Harkouk ?

Another vote for our Wayne
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 2911 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nedum Onuoha was a junior champion sprinter.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 2902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another one for the Magic Tache vote. He was incredible.

Also, an underrated footballer, I thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:51 - Apr 28 with 2887 viewsSuperhoop83

Armel Tchakounte

Suffering since 1978.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:51 - Apr 28 with 2883 viewsEsox_Lucius

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:46 - Apr 28 by Tonto

Fereday for me too.

I know Witter was a junior sprinter and won some competition on ITV but I never saw him play. He wasn't exactly a regular...
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 21:47]

He made one appearance for us.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:01 - Apr 28 with 2848 viewsqueensparker

I’ll go Fereday too but in recent times BOS had some set of afterburners on him. Once he got going nobody was catching him

Honourable oppo mention to Franz Carr if anyone remembers him. He was properly rapid.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:15 - Apr 28 with 2799 viewstraininvain

Tony Scully. Shame he didn’t know how to play football.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:15 - Apr 28 with 2799 viewsQPRSteve

Another vote for Wayne.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:17 - Apr 28 with 2787 viewsthame_hoops

Dominic Iorfa.... have never seen a player run so fast to get in an offside position
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:24 - Apr 28 with 2753 viewsloftboy

Fereday

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 23:21 - Apr 28 with 2632 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Danny Gallop
Tony Hurrie

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 23:58 - Apr 28 with 2582 viewsSydneyRs

Wayne Fereday for me. Used to go in the Paddock when he was in his prime and it was a sight to behold watching him run past some poor full back.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 00:02 - Apr 29 with 2579 viewsSydneyRs

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:17 - Apr 28 by thame_hoops

Dominic Iorfa.... have never seen a player run so fast to get in an offside position

He was bloody fast but also bloody useless. One game at Spurs, he got so far ahead of their defence he had time to have two air swings at the ball before blazing it over at the third attempt, much to the amusement of the Spurs fans. Even us in the away end were laughing.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 01:28 - Apr 29 with 2532 viewsjohncharles

Wayne Fereday.
Wayne Fereday and..
Wayne Fereday

Strong and stable my arse.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 05:13 - Apr 29 with 2472 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I'd say Wayne Fereday too

Less sure about our slowest player - we've had a lot of those....
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 07:15 - Apr 29 with 2362 viewsnix

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:15 - Apr 28 by traininvain

Tony Scully. Shame he didn’t know how to play football.

I always thought he was pretty fast. I haven't seen a lot of the other people mentioned on here play but he has a lot of pace. I wonder if our current coaches could have made a better footballer out of him? He didn't know how to use his pace so he'd often outrun the ball unfortunately! Seemed a nice fella though.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 07:41 - Apr 29 with 2327 viewsjohncharles

Malcolm McDonald was rated as one of the quickest players of his time but Frank McKlintock, at the end of his career was far too experienced for him. Always timing his interceptions perfectly knowing he could never get near McDonald in a straight race.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 7:48]

Strong and stable my arse.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 07:47 - Apr 29 with 2308 viewsderbyhoop

Went to Old Trafford once for CL semi final. Utd won 3-2 vs Milan.

Giggs was 32/33 and, as a junior, was quicker than Darren Campbell, who has an Olympic sprint meda l.

Christian Ronaldo made Giggs look like he was running through treacle. So Ronaldo as the quickest I've seen.

If QPR only, another vote for Fereday.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:01 - Apr 29 with 2287 viewsBerkoRanger

Has to be Dave Thomas (with socks rolled down!)
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:12 - Apr 29 with 2266 viewsRs_Holy

I remember when we signed Kyle Walker on loan... I'd never heard of him. A few fans were saying "Why didn't the club get Kyle Norton on loan" as he was available at that time??? 2 minutes into that first match of season and I couldn't believe how quick he was. I actually thought at that moment 'this kid could play for England one day'! Flip of a coin as to whether Walker or Wayne Fereday were quicker in their prime???
I reckon quickest non QPR player was Gary Lineker ... I remember him tearing our defence a new one and scoring twice in the 82-83 season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024