Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2021 All-Irelands 09:11 - May 2 with 9135 viewsMrSheen

When do the crowds return, and will competition be delayed to wait for them?

Limerick and Dublin favourites again, I presume?
2021 All-Irelands on 11:23 - May 2 with 3010 viewsPaddyhoops

Can't see past Dublin in the football.
The citeh of GAA!!
Not good for the game there!!
2021 All-Irelands on 12:08 - May 2 with 2987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Moving ahead without crowds, Sheen. Won’t be delayed as the clubs have to play in the Autumn.

Dublin clear favourites again, Donegal and Mayo probably best placed to challenge. Kerry maybe next.

The Hurling looks more open to me. Limerick were lucky enough last year. They’re favourites to retain but Tipp, Waterford, Galway and even Kilkenny will fancy their chances, I’d have thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2021 All-Irelands on 12:23 - May 2 with 2973 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 12:08 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Moving ahead without crowds, Sheen. Won’t be delayed as the clubs have to play in the Autumn.

Dublin clear favourites again, Donegal and Mayo probably best placed to challenge. Kerry maybe next.

The Hurling looks more open to me. Limerick were lucky enough last year. They’re favourites to retain but Tipp, Waterford, Galway and even Kilkenny will fancy their chances, I’d have thought.

Thanks Brian. I notice you didn’t mention the “C” word either time. Superstition or pessimism?
2021 All-Irelands on 15:26 - May 2 with 2922 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I see no mention of Clare Brian only for Kelly went down (got taken out maybe)they were on a nice roll .Need more scorers obviously and the board is a laughing stock..
Limerick bludgeoned their way to the title.The POY should have been red carded twice in the final IMO but did not even get booked I thik.
We complain on LFW about Refs but in Ireland they are very poor.Game is too fast now need 2 refs one in each half to cut out all the filthy stuff .
2021 All-Irelands on 16:54 - May 2 with 2880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 12:23 - May 2 by MrSheen

Thanks Brian. I notice you didn’t mention the “C” word either time. Superstition or pessimism?

I think we’re building in both, Sheen, but would be pleasantly surprised if we challenged this year. Or even next year.

2021 All-Irelands on 16:56 - May 2 with 2874 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 15:26 - May 2 by CLAREMAN1995

I see no mention of Clare Brian only for Kelly went down (got taken out maybe)they were on a nice roll .Need more scorers obviously and the board is a laughing stock..
Limerick bludgeoned their way to the title.The POY should have been red carded twice in the final IMO but did not even get booked I thik.
We complain on LFW about Refs but in Ireland they are very poor.Game is too fast now need 2 refs one in each half to cut out all the filthy stuff .

Kelly was my POTY last year. Absolutely sensational.

Agree about Limerick. They’re getting away with a lot right now. And I think it’s deliberate.

2021 All-Irelands on 21:45 - May 2 with 2785 viewsTomS

Kerry will be absolutely livid about conceding that last minute goal to Cork last season. They will be motivated to put that right this time around. I think they are the team to look out for this time around as the main challenger to Dublin.

The hurling is always much more competitive and not as easy to predict.
2021 All-Irelands on 22:59 - May 2 with 2769 viewsMyke

No challenge from Mayo this year as they are going to be knocked out in the first round by Sligo. We would have won it last year if we hadn't had to withdraw cos of covid
Login to get fewer ads

2021 All-Irelands on 09:44 - May 3 with 2700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 21:45 - May 2 by TomS

Kerry will be absolutely livid about conceding that last minute goal to Cork last season. They will be motivated to put that right this time around. I think they are the team to look out for this time around as the main challenger to Dublin.

The hurling is always much more competitive and not as easy to predict.

I just don't see it with Kerry, Tom. Not in the next year or two at least. Murphy is the only back who's at the required level as yet and they still haven't found a midfielder to replace the aging and erratic Moran or any of the supporting cast. Add in a players' stand-off with Management over the winter and continued friction between the Manager and the County Board and it seems a lot to ask for them to get it together.

They're coming out of an easy province and it's a knockout championship so they have a chance, but I would rate Dublin, Donegal and even a transitional Mayo ahead of them right now in terms of readiness and all three would have to underperform for the likes of Kerry to come through.

2021 All-Irelands on 11:52 - May 3 with 2677 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 09:44 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I just don't see it with Kerry, Tom. Not in the next year or two at least. Murphy is the only back who's at the required level as yet and they still haven't found a midfielder to replace the aging and erratic Moran or any of the supporting cast. Add in a players' stand-off with Management over the winter and continued friction between the Manager and the County Board and it seems a lot to ask for them to get it together.

They're coming out of an easy province and it's a knockout championship so they have a chance, but I would rate Dublin, Donegal and even a transitional Mayo ahead of them right now in terms of readiness and all three would have to underperform for the likes of Kerry to come through.

Does the knockout format mean a return to provincial champs only in the later stages? So Galway in the Leinster hurling and a Munster v “Leinster” hurling final? Is this an emergency measure for this year or the new regime?

Excellent if so, but I’m sure the GAA and TV will try to get playoffs back ASAP.
2021 All-Irelands on 13:27 - May 3 with 2649 viewsMyke

2021 All-Irelands on 11:52 - May 3 by MrSheen

Does the knockout format mean a return to provincial champs only in the later stages? So Galway in the Leinster hurling and a Munster v “Leinster” hurling final? Is this an emergency measure for this year or the new regime?

Excellent if so, but I’m sure the GAA and TV will try to get playoffs back ASAP.

Just an emergency for this season I'm sure, as you say, it doesn't suit the 'revenue streams' We had an intriguing situation a couple of years ago (2019) when a team from Connaught won the Leinster final in Munster - only in Ireland!
2021 All-Irelands on 14:20 - May 3 with 2626 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just a temporary measure at the moment, as you say.

2021 All-Irelands on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 2381 viewsTomS

I see Kerry are now favourites to win the All Ireland, after demolishing Cork today.
2021 All-Irelands on 21:12 - Jul 25 with 2328 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 19:51 - Jul 25 by TomS

I see Kerry are now favourites to win the All Ireland, after demolishing Cork today.

Got to say, I think that's probably just about right. From a Meathman's perspective, the fact that we got within six points of Dublin suggests they are maybe not the force they were. Kerry look to have a hunger that Dublin might just be losing.

It's possible that Dublin might rouse themselves for a battle in the final, and might just still have enough. But I'd make Kerry slight favourites. Having said that, I'm not sure I even know what the semi finals look like, maybe they'll meet there.

Edit; Dublin and Kerry can't meet before the final
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 21:20]
2021 All-Irelands on 21:24 - Jul 25 with 2318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 19:51 - Jul 25 by TomS

I don't, Tom.

They still can't defend. Cork waltzed through them in the first twenty minutes. God knows what better teams will do to them.

Dublin still the best team by a mile.
A transitional Mayo team had four problems to sort at half-time today and solved them all, and won at a canter.

Kerry looked smooth today once Cork faded, but in the heat of the (very short) battle they folded. As you'd expect from a novice team.

Dublin or Mayo would have killed them off, I feel.

Kerry have a few great players, but I'd make them third favourites.

2021 All-Irelands on 21:56 - Jul 25 with 2295 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 21:24 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't, Tom.

They still can't defend. Cork waltzed through them in the first twenty minutes. God knows what better teams will do to them.

Dublin still the best team by a mile.
A transitional Mayo team had four problems to sort at half-time today and solved them all, and won at a canter.

Kerry looked smooth today once Cork faded, but in the heat of the (very short) battle they folded. As you'd expect from a novice team.

Dublin or Mayo would have killed them off, I feel.

Kerry have a few great players, but I'd make them third favourites.

I was massively disappointed with Mayo before half time today, I only saw five minutes of the second half, but they looked far more positive and the early penalty looked to give them a boost. I just can't think they have the belief to beat Dublin.

Fitness looked to be a big factor in Munster final. Cork looked out on their feet by the end of the first half, and I think they only scored two points while Kerry scored about 4-10.

Dublin only scored two points against Meath in normal time in the second half against Meath, another three in injury time. Just lost control and couldn't ever quite get it back until it was clear Meath had run of puff and time themselves. Unlike any Dublin Championship team I can think of in the last eight years anyway. And not overly convincing against Wexford either. They just look as if they are going through the motions a bit.

That's not to say they couldn't put it together in the face of a battle, they clearly might. But I don't this year's batch are quite at it.
2021 All-Irelands on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 2266 viewsBoston

When in Mayo, stay at the Breaffy House Hotel...young Master Boston will ensure fans of a certain team located in W12, get a discount.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2021 All-Irelands on 22:46 - Jul 25 with 2261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 21:56 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

I was massively disappointed with Mayo before half time today, I only saw five minutes of the second half, but they looked far more positive and the early penalty looked to give them a boost. I just can't think they have the belief to beat Dublin.

Fitness looked to be a big factor in Munster final. Cork looked out on their feet by the end of the first half, and I think they only scored two points while Kerry scored about 4-10.

Dublin only scored two points against Meath in normal time in the second half against Meath, another three in injury time. Just lost control and couldn't ever quite get it back until it was clear Meath had run of puff and time themselves. Unlike any Dublin Championship team I can think of in the last eight years anyway. And not overly convincing against Wexford either. They just look as if they are going through the motions a bit.

That's not to say they couldn't put it together in the face of a battle, they clearly might. But I don't this year's batch are quite at it.

"Dublin only scored two points against Meath in normal time in the second half against Meath, another three in injury time. Just lost control and couldn't ever quite get it back until it was clear Meath had run of puff and time themselves. Unlike any Dublin Championship team I can think of in the last eight years anyway. And not overly convincing against Wexford either. They just look as if they are going through the motions a bit.

That's not to say they couldn't put it together in the face of a battle, they clearly might. But I don't this year's batch are quite at it."

Interesting points. Dublin without their Manager and Captain are a different animal, without a doubt.

But if they have the focus they are far more talented and experienced than the novice contenders from North, West and South.

It will be very interesting.

2021 All-Irelands on 23:13 - Jul 25 with 2232 viewsMyke

If, as expected,Tyrone beat Monaghan next weekend, then after last year's covid inspired fairy tales, normal service will have resumed and the top four counties will battle it out. Much more intriguing and exciting on the hurling front, where any one of the remaining 6 counties could prevail
2021 All-Irelands on 23:16 - Jul 25 with 2229 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 16:56 - May 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Kelly was my POTY last year. Absolutely sensational.

Agree about Limerick. They’re getting away with a lot right now. And I think it’s deliberate.

I’m over in Kerry at the moment, been on the beach all weekend so only catching the games on the Sunday Game. Cork-Clare looked a belter, and Waterford were sensational too. What a competition this year (in Munster!).
2021 All-Irelands on 23:28 - Jul 25 with 2218 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 23:16 - Jul 25 by MrSheen

I’m over in Kerry at the moment, been on the beach all weekend so only catching the games on the Sunday Game. Cork-Clare looked a belter, and Waterford were sensational too. What a competition this year (in Munster!).

I try and get my other half interested in hurling, and convince her that it's one of the most exciting team sports in the world.

She nods sympathectically, then turns back to GBBO The Professionals.
2021 All-Irelands on 23:28 - Jul 25 with 2217 viewsA40Bosh

Was lucky to get a ticket for the Clare v Cork game yesterday, great game, very close at the end and thank God our tickets got us in the stand with the cover over it. We were taking to other lads from Castlelyons after the match who were in the open stand and they said the heat was savage.

Only downside of an otherwise fantastic day was the fact that there was nowhere to buy water inside the stadium which you would have thought would be a health and safety concern in that heat.

Unreal weather in Cork since we arrived last Saturday. 3 hurling matches in the first week, 4th game of golf tomorrow morning and trips to the beach. Incredible holiday after years of me bitching on here about going to Cork every year to sit and watch the rain.

If it was like this every year there is no better place in the world for a holiday🤗

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

2021 All-Irelands on 23:29 - Jul 25 with 2215 viewsMyke

You picked the perfect weekend to be on the beach - think our Mediterranean weather coming to an abrupt halt tomorrow
2021 All-Irelands on 23:37 - Jul 25 with 2210 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 23:28 - Jul 25 by A40Bosh

Was lucky to get a ticket for the Clare v Cork game yesterday, great game, very close at the end and thank God our tickets got us in the stand with the cover over it. We were taking to other lads from Castlelyons after the match who were in the open stand and they said the heat was savage.

Only downside of an otherwise fantastic day was the fact that there was nowhere to buy water inside the stadium which you would have thought would be a health and safety concern in that heat.

Unreal weather in Cork since we arrived last Saturday. 3 hurling matches in the first week, 4th game of golf tomorrow morning and trips to the beach. Incredible holiday after years of me bitching on here about going to Cork every year to sit and watch the rain.

If it was like this every year there is no better place in the world for a holiday🤗

Any Covid issues as a holidaymake?

I am just desperate to get over for a week, but a little worried how I might be viewed as someone coming from England potentially bringing the dreaded Delta.
2021 All-Irelands on 23:38 - Jul 25 with 2209 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 23:29 - Jul 25 by Myke

You picked the perfect weekend to be on the beach - think our Mediterranean weather coming to an abrupt halt tomorrow

I’ve been coming here 57 years and never known a week like it. Head like a strawberry now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024