Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebs Flying High 13:14 - May 9 with 6185 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9558981/Roy-Hodgson-insists-C

Got a lot of focus on him on 5Live yesterday. They had him as MOM for the Sheff U game.

Imagine if he went already for megabucks and we've got a decent sell-on fee negotiated??
Ebs Flying High on 14:36 - May 9 with 5021 viewsdanehoop

I have a suspicion he'll end up in Germany before too long. Don't know why, but they seem to be doing a really good job in polishing up a number of young English players recently. Cant be any doubt that he is on a lot of big clubs radar and that he has seamlessly transitioned to the Prem.

Never knowingly understood

Ebs Flying High on 15:37 - May 9 with 4864 viewsLythamR

Great performance yesterday
Ebs Flying High on 19:21 - May 9 with 4564 viewsfrancisbowles

Ebs Flying High on 15:37 - May 9 by LythamR

Great performance yesterday

From MOTD highlights, yesterday was his best game by far. He has been largely ineffective in a lot of games, probably due to their rigid system and having to stay in shape on the wide left of midfield, which spoils his game. Yesterday he seemed to be more on the centre right, just behind the attackers and running inside at the defence. He had a lot more of his fluidity and got a goal and an assist.
Ebs Flying High on 19:27 - May 9 with 4532 viewsE15Hoop

Ebs Flying High on 19:21 - May 9 by francisbowles

From MOTD highlights, yesterday was his best game by far. He has been largely ineffective in a lot of games, probably due to their rigid system and having to stay in shape on the wide left of midfield, which spoils his game. Yesterday he seemed to be more on the centre right, just behind the attackers and running inside at the defence. He had a lot more of his fluidity and got a goal and an assist.

Yes, that got picked up by 5Live as well.

I suspect he'll get a lot more coverage next season, which can only be good news for promoting our youth development system.
Ebs Flying High on 19:35 - May 9 with 4503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If they sold him now, how much?

Say, £40m - we'd get 25% of (40-15) = £6.25m
Money in the bank.

If they sold him in a year, how much?

Say, £70m - we'd get 25% of (70-15) = £13.75 + we might realise some of the £5m add-ons in the meantime.
Dependant on form, fitness, Palace fugging it up etc.

I obviously have no idea of the figures involved and have just estimated them for the purposes of illustration. But my point is - do we actually want Palace to sell him now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ebs Flying High on 19:38 - May 9 with 4492 viewsE15Hoop

Ebs Flying High on 19:35 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

If they sold him now, how much?

Say, £40m - we'd get 25% of (40-15) = £6.25m
Money in the bank.

If they sold him in a year, how much?

Say, £70m - we'd get 25% of (70-15) = £13.75 + we might realise some of the £5m add-ons in the meantime.
Dependant on form, fitness, Palace fugging it up etc.

I obviously have no idea of the figures involved and have just estimated them for the purposes of illustration. But my point is - do we actually want Palace to sell him now.

Heads we win, tails we win (for once!)

Truth is, I don't think his profile is high enough yet for it to be a real issue, but give it another year..
Ebs Flying High on 20:03 - May 9 with 4422 viewsfrancisbowles

Ebs Flying High on 19:38 - May 9 by E15Hoop

Heads we win, tails we win (for once!)

Truth is, I don't think his profile is high enough yet for it to be a real issue, but give it another year..

Yes, I agree with you on this one. Lol
Ebs Flying High on 20:28 - May 9 with 4374 viewsMick_S

Ebs Flying High on 20:03 - May 9 by francisbowles

Yes, I agree with you on this one. Lol

I had a “pretend” £5.00 bet with one of my son’s friends yesterday that he will go on to big things. One of the big w@nky clubs in the premier thing or a big Euro team. I still cannot believe how many people cannot see this lads talent because of their premiership blinkers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Ebs Flying High on 21:18 - May 9 with 4247 viewsSteveB

Ebs Flying High on 19:21 - May 9 by francisbowles

Eze's biggest issue right now is the Manager he is playing under. Woy the dinosaur, needs to let the lad off the leash and go make himself the superstar that we know he can and will be.
Ebs Flying High on 21:53 - May 9 with 4173 viewsVancouverHoop

Ebs Flying High on 21:18 - May 9 by SteveB

Eze's biggest issue right now is the Manager he is playing under. Woy the dinosaur, needs to let the lad off the leash and go make himself the superstar that we know he can and will be.

I'm not sure. There are two senior players with massive egos up front at Palace. If Eze was really encouraged to go for it too soon, team chemistry could suffer and, more importantly, so could his play. I think Hodgson, antique as he is, knows exactly how and when to utilize Ebere's skills, in ways that a less experienced manager might not.
Ebs Flying High on 21:59 - May 9 with 4155 viewsnix

Ebs Flying High on 21:53 - May 9 by VancouverHoop

I'm not sure. There are two senior players with massive egos up front at Palace. If Eze was really encouraged to go for it too soon, team chemistry could suffer and, more importantly, so could his play. I think Hodgson, antique as he is, knows exactly how and when to utilize Ebere's skills, in ways that a less experienced manager might not.

I agree with you about the massive egos of the two guys up front. They definitely don't want Ebs to get any of the glory. When he scores it's almost invariably having created it himself. I disagree that being held back is good for his game though. He should be allowed to use his talent and not constantly be the gopher winning the ball back because it's such a dinosaur team, he's the only one young enough to run around.
Ebs Flying High on 13:39 - May 10 with 3874 viewsTheChef

Ebs Flying High on 21:59 - May 9 by nix

I agree with you about the massive egos of the two guys up front. They definitely don't want Ebs to get any of the glory. When he scores it's almost invariably having created it himself. I disagree that being held back is good for his game though. He should be allowed to use his talent and not constantly be the gopher winning the ball back because it's such a dinosaur team, he's the only one young enough to run around.

Yeah that's the thing, obviously it's great for him to play at the highest level but I really don't think Hodgson will get the best out of him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ebs Flying High on 14:22 - May 10 with 3788 viewsDWQPR

He needs to come home. One more year under Warbs and he will be the finished article.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ebs Flying High on 14:56 - May 10 with 3718 viewsPhildo

No love lost between him and Wilf apparently
Ebs Flying High on 16:32 - May 10 with 3652 viewsE15Hoop

Ebs Flying High on 14:56 - May 10 by Phildo

That's a real shame, if it's true. You would have thought that Zaha would have been confident enough in his own legend status not to be ruffled by Ebs, and, in fact, would have been only too happy to have someone share the burden of expectation.

It didn't go so well for Zaha at Man U - he needs to take a chill pill!
Ebs Flying High on 16:55 - May 10 with 3592 viewsW7Ranger

Ebs Flying High on 14:56 - May 10 by Phildo

I wonder why that is?

Bizarre. And dare I say it, a touch immature/petulant of Zaha if so.
Ebs Flying High on 17:04 - May 10 with 3579 viewsdanehoop

Ebs Flying High on 16:55 - May 10 by W7Ranger

I wonder why that is?

Bizarre. And dare I say it, a touch immature/petulant of Zaha if so.

Ebs is a huge fan of Zaha. Thought it was quite the reverse and Zaha was helping him.

Ebs Flying High on 17:24 - May 10 with 3519 viewsE15Hoop

Ebs Flying High on 17:04 - May 10 by danehoop

Ebs is a huge fan of Zaha. Thought it was quite the reverse and Zaha was helping him.

That seems more likely to be the case to me as well, unless its one of those cases where you don't actually want to meet one of your heroes, as they turn out to be not quite who you imagined they were.

I can't imagine that Uncle Woy would let anything that was going to affect team performance get in the way of results, and I certainly can't imagine Ray Lewington suffering prima donnas, so I suspect that something minor has been exaggerated.
Ebs Flying High on 18:13 - May 10 with 3431 viewsW7Ranger

Ebs Flying High on 17:04 - May 10 by danehoop

I don't really understand this. Ebs is a huge fan of Zaha and Zaha was helping him, yet they don't get on??!!

Ebs Flying High on 13:48 - May 16 with 3026 viewsEsox_Lucius

Having a great game a great game again today, comments from BBC text commentary.

Nathan House: Is Eze playing himself into England reckoning? He’s playing superb football at the moment, stand out player on the pitch again today.

Tumbawal: This lad Eze is the great prospect.

The grass is always greener.

Ebs Flying High on 13:57 - May 16 with 2968 viewsrsonist

I'd be shocked if anyone came in for Eze this summer, and I've been telling anyone who'll listen he's equal to any darling Grealish or Smith Rowe all season.

Any club who'd value what he's shown this season highly enough to bid would have bought him last season. His talent and playmaking has never been in question, even before we signed him.
Ebs Flying High on 15:14 - May 16 with 2771 viewsdanehoop

Ebs Flying High on 13:57 - May 16 by rsonist

I'd be shocked if anyone came in for Eze this summer, and I've been telling anyone who'll listen he's equal to any darling Grealish or Smith Rowe all season.

Any club who'd value what he's shown this season highly enough to bid would have bought him last season. His talent and playmaking has never been in question, even before we signed him.

But now he has proven he is totally at home in the Prem. And has further progressed as the season has gone on to become much more consistent.

Ebs Flying High on 15:29 - May 16 with 2719 viewsrsonist

Ebs Flying High on 15:14 - May 16 by danehoop

But now he has proven he is totally at home in the Prem. And has further progressed as the season has gone on to become much more consistent.

Even if scalability and consistency were the criteria - and I really don't think they are - then his best games have been against the weaker and recently promoted sides anyway. It won't have pushed the needle.
Ebs Flying High on 01:00 - May 17 with 2386 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ebs Flying High on 15:29 - May 16 by rsonist

Even if scalability and consistency were the criteria - and I really don't think they are - then his best games have been against the weaker and recently promoted sides anyway. It won't have pushed the needle.

Good post here and totally accurate IMO.He is not allowed to show his true talents going forward against top teams because RH has then set up wrong.
I watched Eze against Man City and he looked totally frustrated chasing shadows.
He will only excel at Palace when Zaha moves on
Ebs Flying High on 07:37 - May 17 with 2152 viewsstevec

Ebs Flying High on 15:29 - May 16 by rsonist

Agree with that. Actually think Hodgson is the ideal manager for Eze at this stage, that level his defensive side had to improve, his big weakness at our place.

Palace stay up year on year because they can defend, letting Eze rip free could easily have undermined that, he must have learnt a lot this season.

Not putting this at his feet entirely, he’s a brilliant talent, but as good as he was, the way it led to us playing, exciting stuff, but we conceded 70 plus goals a season, now we don’t.

It’s a team game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024