Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214365 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:49 - Jun 19 with 6359 viewsBazzeR

I noticed Connor Masterson looked to be very bulky after coming back from injury in some of the training videos near the end of the season.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:55 - Jun 19 with 6195 viewsdenhamhoop2

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:35 - Jun 17 by aston_hoop

Little bit here where he talks about his ideal position and a few clips

Physically reminds me quite a bit of Manning hope his concentration when defending is a lot better. Would be another loan for Niko if it happens(Though with a view to sell I would guess)
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:37 - Jun 19 with 6008 viewsQPROslo

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:17 - Jun 19 by rsonist

If we succeed with both fullbacks and Johansen I think it's possible we may loan out Masterson and not bring in another CB.

That would give us Ball, Kakay, and Wallace to cover - plus Field who I wouldn't bet against us seeing at CB more than any other of those.

I think we need at least 2 more qualified CB's, ideally 3, 1 preferably with the pace we lack. Really we need cover in every position, CB's in particular as they are most liable to injury and suspension. Ball is cover for Field already, Kakay will be at wing back or cover there, Wallace is no CB. With Cameron gone and Masterson planned to go on loan again, we have no qualified cover there unless there are some young CB's coming through, and I'd hate to see us start against Fulham or any Championship team with a back 3 of Kakay, Ball and Wallace.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:52 - Jun 19 with 5959 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:37 - Jun 19 by QPROslo

I think we need at least 2 more qualified CB's, ideally 3, 1 preferably with the pace we lack. Really we need cover in every position, CB's in particular as they are most liable to injury and suspension. Ball is cover for Field already, Kakay will be at wing back or cover there, Wallace is no CB. With Cameron gone and Masterson planned to go on loan again, we have no qualified cover there unless there are some young CB's coming through, and I'd hate to see us start against Fulham or any Championship team with a back 3 of Kakay, Ball and Wallace.

I'd actually love to see us beat Fulham with that defence! I'm quite relaxed about it all really. I agree that in an ideal world we'd have good cover for every position. That obviously isn't possible so we need to prioritise. We could break the bank to take this team from 9th to 7th but what's the point? Even 9th to playoffs is a gamble. I think we've got the best possible people making the decisions and a settled environment which bodes well but it's a gamble.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:02 - Jun 19 with 5918 viewsQPROslo

Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:52 - Jun 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'd actually love to see us beat Fulham with that defence! I'm quite relaxed about it all really. I agree that in an ideal world we'd have good cover for every position. That obviously isn't possible so we need to prioritise. We could break the bank to take this team from 9th to 7th but what's the point? Even 9th to playoffs is a gamble. I think we've got the best possible people making the decisions and a settled environment which bodes well but it's a gamble.

Dont think we need to break the bank to brink in 2 or 3 CB's as cover. There must be many who are being released these days.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 21:03]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:28 - Jun 19 with 5820 viewsDavieQPR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:02 - Jun 19 by QPROslo

Dont think we need to break the bank to brink in 2 or 3 CB's as cover. There must be many who are being released these days.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 21:03]

Decent ones are being released because their wages are too high.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:42 - Jun 20 with 5293 viewsBazzeR

Does anyone think Ryan Woods would be a good alternative if Steff Johansen transfer fails.

His stats show he’s perhaps not as creative or a goal scorer but an ever present whilst on loan at Millwall.

Looks like he’s available on a free ?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 5174 viewsgolborne

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:42 - Jun 20 by BazzeR

Does anyone think Ryan Woods would be a good alternative if Steff Johansen transfer fails.

His stats show he’s perhaps not as creative or a goal scorer but an ever present whilst on loan at Millwall.

Looks like he’s available on a free ?

100%, but I think he has a year left on his contract. If they’re letting him go early, then wages could be an issue. They paid £5m for him whilst in the prem, so he’s likely on a decent wedge. He won’t get as many goals as SJ, but he’s a brilliant recycler of the ball, so would work really well in our set up.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:53 - Jun 20 with 4982 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:33 - Jun 20 by golborne

100%, but I think he has a year left on his contract. If they’re letting him go early, then wages could be an issue. They paid £5m for him whilst in the prem, so he’s likely on a decent wedge. He won’t get as many goals as SJ, but he’s a brilliant recycler of the ball, so would work really well in our set up.

Is Ryan Woods significantly better than Sam Field? If not, and we're unable to bring Johansen in, we should stick with what we have.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:24 - Jun 20 with 4890 viewsBazzeR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:53 - Jun 20 by dmm

Is Ryan Woods significantly better than Sam Field? If not, and we're unable to bring Johansen in, we should stick with what we have.

From the small snippets seen from both players I would say they play in different parts of the pitch.

Sam Field IMO is a deep lying player sitting in front of the back 3.

Whereas I would describe Ryan Woods as replicating Tom Carroll role but with a combative edge.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:14 - Jun 20 with 4765 viewsDavieQPR

Even if we don't sign Johansen a midfielder is not really one of our priorities. Money could be better spent elsewhere.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:26 - Jun 20 with 4738 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:14 - Jun 20 by DavieQPR

Even if we don't sign Johansen a midfielder is not really one of our priorities. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

Agree. If we can't get SJ let's make sure we strengthen at full/wing back and get better cover at cb and try and sort the back up goalie situation out.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:03 - Jun 20 with 4476 viewsrsonist

Sure yeah, let's just pile them up, no reason not to.

Seems Odubajo was also tried out as Kyle Walker style RCB at Sheff Wed. Not sure he's got the all-round game for that sort of advanced tactical lark but it's an idea...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:58 - Jun 20 with 4314 viewsNorthernr

This is where there has to be budget trade off. Austin will not be cheap. Neither will Johansen and we want him as well. We want a LWB cos Wallace is old and Niko isn’t up to it atm. We want a rb because Kakay is a bit basic and Kane is a knobhead. We’ve already got field, JDV, dozzell (£1m just to get him in the door). We’re still meant to be reducing the wage bill, not increasing it. To add let’s say Austin, dozzell, Johansen, field, de Wijs, cox, odubajo.... with only really Cameron abs Carroll going out of any warning significance, is a lot. It’s already a lot, already more than I thought we could do. No you want two or three centre backs on top? I think you’ve got to be realistic? Would I be confident going into a champ game with Kakay, ball etc in the back three? No. Would a long term for Dickie be a disaster? Yeh. But Austin, Johansen, odubajo, cox, field, de Wijs, dozzell, and three more centre backs... not realistic. Not unless Watford really are going to drop Eze money on us for Chair.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:27 - Jun 20 with 4200 viewsgazza1

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:58 - Jun 20 by Northernr

This is where there has to be budget trade off. Austin will not be cheap. Neither will Johansen and we want him as well. We want a LWB cos Wallace is old and Niko isn’t up to it atm. We want a rb because Kakay is a bit basic and Kane is a knobhead. We’ve already got field, JDV, dozzell (£1m just to get him in the door). We’re still meant to be reducing the wage bill, not increasing it. To add let’s say Austin, dozzell, Johansen, field, de Wijs, cox, odubajo.... with only really Cameron abs Carroll going out of any warning significance, is a lot. It’s already a lot, already more than I thought we could do. No you want two or three centre backs on top? I think you’ve got to be realistic? Would I be confident going into a champ game with Kakay, ball etc in the back three? No. Would a long term for Dickie be a disaster? Yeh. But Austin, Johansen, odubajo, cox, field, de Wijs, dozzell, and three more centre backs... not realistic. Not unless Watford really are going to drop Eze money on us for Chair.

We not getting 3 more CB's, be lucky if we get one!!!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:38 - Jun 20 with 4153 viewsdannyblue

Get Cox and Odubajo in and we've got two reasonable players in every position. If we don't, Kane and Niko will do fine. Getting SJ too is an upgrade. Anything more is greedy.

Austin Dykes
Chair Willock
Field
Cox Barbet DeWijs Dickie Odubajo
Dieng

Bonne Kelman
Thomas Amos
Dozzell
Wallace Masterson Ball Kakay Adomah
Walsh
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:44 - Jun 20 with 4126 viewsBazzeR

When Connor Masterson was first thrown in at the deep end he gave me less jitters than both Geoff Cameron and Yohan Barbet when faced with a difficult defensive challenges or clearances.

Can only remember 2 glaring errors from him that stand out.

It would be an obvious option to try to loan him out to gain more rough and tumble experience in a lower league but now having a B team allows our own staff to gauge his progress closely.

I would say he’s more than capable of being part of the first team squad on a regular basis.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 19:46]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 4071 viewsCiderwithRsie

Gotta say I think some of us are getting carried away here.

Couple of months back the idea of Austin on permanent and a serious bid for Johansen seemed a pipe dream. Now we've added Dozzell on top, plus Field as expected (admittedly with Carroll slightly unexpectedly going and Kane apparently on the way out, which wouldn't have been the plan back in the Spring)

The wing back position is weak and I've still got fingers crossed for Johansen but beyond that we are into what we want rather than what's realistic. No dispute we could do with some of the players mentioned, but we could all do with not screwing the finances again.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:08 - Jun 20 with 4042 viewsCiderwithRsie

Plus, not sure I can explain this, but as a fan I like to see the players I support play - players like Smyth or Shodipo making a few appearances but mainly being on loan before being released barely register in the memory a few years on.

It's probably not that relevant to running the club, I'm sure it can be argued that rack-'em-up approach is a clever way of developing a squad, but somehow it doesn't feel that is why I'm interested and in the end professional sport is there for the supporters, otherwise it'd just be amateurs playing the game for the love of it.

I've always liked seeing our kids come through - some name you've seen mentioned in U-23 games for ages finally getting a debut, maybe looking a bit raw but you see the potential, and then trying to establish himself - it's a thing we often have over the big-money clubs. Buying e.g. loads of CBs as cover feels almost like the opposite of that (even if it is probably sensible!)
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 3772 viewsMyke

I would say that another CB - never mind 3 of them - is some way down our list of priorities, at least I hope it is. We have 4 first team CB's, plus Kakay, Ball and Field, not to mention young Gubbins, so think we are well covered in that dept.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:40 - Jun 20 with 3742 viewsted_hendrix

Who ever we bring in-in whatever position I hope he has the same impact that Robert Dickie had when he joined us, there are good young players out there, you just gotta find em as was the case with Dickie.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 02:33 - Jun 21 with 3557 viewsbob566

Lovely little player at bohemians in Dublin called ross Tierney. Would be nice if QPR took a chance on him
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:55 - Jun 21 with 3345 viewsdistortR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:40 - Jun 20 by ted_hendrix

Who ever we bring in-in whatever position I hope he has the same impact that Robert Dickie had when he joined us, there are good young players out there, you just gotta find em as was the case with Dickie.

Isn't it nice to have faith in the QPR management on this, though?
Dozzel is too weak - ha, we've seen that before with incomers, he'll be toughened up.
We didn't want to move Bonne on - that heartens me, there must be something there that we are close to seeing on match days.
Warbs, Ramsey, Hall , Ferdinand and the rest - I trust them.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:46 - Jun 21 with 3100 viewsQPROslo

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:28 - Jun 19 by DavieQPR

Decent ones are being released because their wages are too high.

Yes, probably. But if they want to continue there football careers, with so many players being released, and Club finances at our level in clear need of severe player wage cuts, some of these released players may find they need to take serious pay cuts going forward.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:39 - Jun 21 with 2768 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:58 - Jun 20 by Northernr

Nobody can explain this enough to satisfy everybody.
The money from Eze gave us the chance to invest in several players.
The chances of repeating that sort of transfer in the next 10 years is highly unlikely.

So far, an estimated 7m (out of 15m initial payment??) has gone out.
This Summer, Cameron, Carroll and Lumley have gone, who were the only ones likely to have been on significant wages. Smyth and Oteh would have been on peanuts. Kane is still on the books.

There are some positions where we would struggle to find adequate replacements should a serious injury take one of the key players.
CB is certainly one of those, especially if Masterson is sent on loan. The chances of Barbet playing a full season again and Dickie playing 43 League games and De Wijs being fit for every game are in the realm of fanciful.
There are possibles, none of which are ideal (Kakay, Wallace, Ball and Field). I'm not convinced any of the U23s are capable of stepping up.
Similarly if Austin or Dykes were out for a long time, could we cope?

But, it has to come down to what we can afford.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024