Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 54785 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 11:35 - May 18 with 3295 viewsBostonR

Play Offs on 09:55 - May 18 by hook_hoops

I wouldn't be quite so confident of Brentford's chances on Saturday. I think in the playoffs teams often find the home leg more difficult than the away leg and I think Bournemouth will be very satisfied with their one goal lead. Brentford will have to come at Bournemouth and Bournemouth showed last night how good they are on the counter attack. And don't forget, nine play off appearances, nine fails.

I agree.

You could see Bournemouth were set-up to hit Brentford on the counter. If you can nick the ball off their tidy midfield, which Bournemouth did a few times, you expose Jannson, who looks their weak spot.
Also, how about a shout-out to Chris Mepham who was outstanding and kept Toney in his back-pocket. If he can do that at the Lego stadium they have a good chance. Having said that, I expect Brentford to be patient and not get caught early.
I just about favour Bournemouth but it will be very close.
Play Offs on 12:59 - May 18 with 3153 viewsTheChef

Play Offs on 21:21 - May 17 by Hunterhoop

I cannot believe any Sky commentator can mention the Justice League seriously. It’s not an independent thing! Who is to say Brentford haven’t just got their maths wrong? I mean, if the justice league is intended to be an algorithm that encourages them to keep doing the right thing, it’s clearly flawed.

They genuinely said the Justice League had Brentford winning the league. Yet they finished 3rd, 10 points off top (and a lower GD). And last year it was the same story. If it keeps predicting the wrong thing in terms of the actual league table, it’s not a good barometer to achieve success under the league’s rules, is it?! So don’t pay attention to it; it’s clearly flawed.

Also, do Brentford go and review/watch every other game of every other team, forecast a result and draw the league up that way? Or do they just assume it’s only them that is hard done by?

I know we joke about it on here, but it’s ludicrous for Sky to be referring to it as a genuinely relevant thing. It’s not.

Don Goodman is clearly in it for the LOLZ.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Play Offs on 13:11 - May 18 with 3128 viewsLongsufferingR

Fivethirtyeight.com freely admit their analysis is only accurate for 67% of events. They say that there may be flaws in their analysis of the other 29% of events.
Play Offs on 14:19 - May 18 with 2982 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 11:35 - May 18 by BostonR

I agree.

You could see Bournemouth were set-up to hit Brentford on the counter. If you can nick the ball off their tidy midfield, which Bournemouth did a few times, you expose Jannson, who looks their weak spot.
Also, how about a shout-out to Chris Mepham who was outstanding and kept Toney in his back-pocket. If he can do that at the Lego stadium they have a good chance. Having said that, I expect Brentford to be patient and not get caught early.
I just about favour Bournemouth but it will be very close.

Janson is definitely a liability and hope he moves on at the end of the season very overrated as a player and leader that’s why Bielsa got rid has cocked up 2 years running in the playoffs.
Play Offs on 14:30 - May 18 with 2949 viewsgazza1

Play Offs on 14:19 - May 18 by switchingcode

Janson is definitely a liability and hope he moves on at the end of the season very overrated as a player and leader that’s why Bielsa got rid has cocked up 2 years running in the playoffs.

Speaking to a good friend of mine, namely Colin Downey, who as you probably know is a Bee.......he still thinks you got a chance but he was/is a referee. If you get to Wembley he hopes to go - I hope you do so he can enjoy himself.
Play Offs on 14:35 - May 18 with 2927 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 14:19 - May 18 by switchingcode

I have to say in all seriousness I do fancy Brentford for that second leg, but Janson is an interesting case if his team blows out at the end of the season AGAIN. If you want to put yourself out there and be that guy, that he obviously does, that's fine I guess (not for me, but fine) but you can't really give it all the big mouth, bravado, grub hits and general cntery through a season if you're then going to sht out when it matters at the end every year. It makes him look like a bit of a fcking wally.

We'll see though. I think Brentford will turn it round second leg, win 3-1.
Play Offs on 14:50 - May 18 with 2885 viewsBostonR

Play Offs on 14:35 - May 18 by Northernr

I have to say in all seriousness I do fancy Brentford for that second leg, but Janson is an interesting case if his team blows out at the end of the season AGAIN. If you want to put yourself out there and be that guy, that he obviously does, that's fine I guess (not for me, but fine) but you can't really give it all the big mouth, bravado, grub hits and general cntery through a season if you're then going to sht out when it matters at the end every year. It makes him look like a bit of a fcking wally.

Brave 3-1 shout Clive.

If I were Woodgate, I would try to nick a goal in the first 10-15 mins and get Brentford on the backfoot and force them to open up.
Brentford very capable of scoring three goals in the return, but Bournemouth looked so sharp on the break.
Play Offs on 14:51 - May 18 with 2883 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 10:49 - May 18 by switchingcode

I’m not confident but the fact we were 1 0 down last season in first leg gives me hope.Think Bournmouth as you say will be happy with that lead and they were not in a hurry to push for a second later in the game.Still fill very lucky to be actually going to a game Saturday even with only 4200 in the stadium and maybe the last time I have to watch my team play on Sky and have to listen to the nonsense they spout about my club .

Not a chance Sky will end their "plucky little Brentford" agenda will ramp it up even more if Brentford do make the Holy Land of the Premiershite. Does make me laugh how when QPR chose not to take the knee v Coventry all hell broke loose but when Brentford do it "It's standing proud". The fact they constantly use a current Brentford employee Sam Saunders for most of Brentford games and expect impartial analysis is a bit like expecting Jamie Carragher to do the same for Liverpool or Gary Neville for Man United
Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 15:04 - May 18 with 2863 viewslondonscottish

Play Offs on 14:50 - May 18 by BostonR

Brave 3-1 shout Clive.

If I were Woodgate, I would try to nick a goal in the first 10-15 mins and get Brentford on the backfoot and force them to open up.
Brentford very capable of scoring three goals in the return, but Bournemouth looked so sharp on the break.

Looking at the BBC stats, Barnsley pretty much matched Swansea toe to toe.

The stats for Brentford & Bournemouth were all pretty similar too with one exception; Brentford only managed 1 shot on target to Bournemouth's 4.

For some reason Toney was a yard or two off the pace and maybe that's why they were creating chances but not able to finish them.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Play Offs on 17:26 - May 18 with 2771 viewsJuzzie

Play Offs on 13:11 - May 18 by LongsufferingR

Fivethirtyeight.com freely admit their analysis is only accurate for 67% of events. They say that there may be flaws in their analysis of the other 29% of events.

67%? Bloody hell, that's probably no better or worse than most fans could do. What's the point then.
Play Offs on 17:31 - May 18 with 2758 viewsLongsufferingR

Play Offs on 17:26 - May 18 by Juzzie

67%? Bloody hell, that's probably no better or worse than most fans could do. What's the point then.

Was a joke. Read it again Juzz!
Play Offs on 17:31 - May 18 with 2750 viewsJuzzie

Play Offs on 17:31 - May 18 by LongsufferingR

Was a joke. Read it again Juzz!

Doh! lol!
Play Offs on 17:32 - May 18 with 2742 viewsdaveB

watching both games I didn't think any of them played that well. Bournemouth looked terrified of trying to score a goal and Brentford didn't create a great deal. Agree with Clive though i think they'll win the 2nd leg.
Play Offs on 23:09 - May 18 with 2602 viewsNortholt_Rs

I hope you are fckin wrong.... I want to see them sht their pants again. Badly.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Play Offs on 23:37 - May 18 with 2564 viewstonyQPR

Play Offs on 23:09 - May 18 by Northolt_Rs

I hope you are fckin wrong.... I want to see them sht their pants again. Badly.

Yeah me too just because of that cuuuuunty est off all cuuuuunty cunnts benham.....,, think I’ve made myself clear on this one👍😂⚽️
[Post edited 20 May 2021 16:42]
Play Offs on 23:44 - May 18 with 2547 viewsonlyrinmoray

I thought Barnsley were terrible all long ball kick and rush How we lost twice to them amazes me Swansea should go through easily
Play Offs on 00:52 - May 19 with 2478 viewsHunterhoop

Play Offs on 12:59 - May 18 by TheChef

Don Goodman is clearly in it for the LOLZ.

You are probably correct. He may be watching me.

Tbh, i actually dislike him less than Hinchcliffe, who can absolutely f*ck off. We could batter a team with a whole salmon over their wet naked head for 90 mins straight and he’d still lay some blame at our door for not controlling the game or some such boll*cks!
Play Offs on 07:40 - May 19 with 2333 viewsSuperhoop83

Play Offs on 00:52 - May 19 by Hunterhoop

You are probably correct. He may be watching me.

Tbh, i actually dislike him less than Hinchcliffe, who can absolutely f*ck off. We could batter a team with a whole salmon over their wet naked head for 90 mins straight and he’d still lay some blame at our door for not controlling the game or some such boll*cks!

The nightmare combo for me is Ian Crocker and Andy Hinchcliffe.

Crocker's hype of every single match is beyond ludicrous ("Legends will be born tonight"), while Hinchcliffe does a poor impression of Mark Lawrenson - a miserable git who seems to think he's witty - and fails to hide his obvious dislike of QPR.

I quite like Don Goodman.

Suffering since 1978.

Play Offs on 09:02 - May 19 with 2233 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 14:51 - May 18 by denhamhoop2

Not a chance Sky will end their "plucky little Brentford" agenda will ramp it up even more if Brentford do make the Holy Land of the Premiershite. Does make me laugh how when QPR chose not to take the knee v Coventry all hell broke loose but when Brentford do it "It's standing proud". The fact they constantly use a current Brentford employee Sam Saunders for most of Brentford games and expect impartial analysis is a bit like expecting Jamie Carragher to do the same for Liverpool or Gary Neville for Man United

Think you’ll find sky usually have a player from both sides in the studio although they didn’t have Saunders there Monday.
Play Offs on 09:24 - May 19 with 2181 viewsswitchingcode

I never liked Janson at Leeds always thought he played the pantomime villain and there was all this euphoria when he joined.If you check out his career it’s not impressive and has only played 46 games in 2 seasons for us and considering he’s 30 he’s just about made 250 first team appearances over his 12 year career.
We are more than capable of beating Bournmouth Saturday but Toney is obviously carrying an injury I think we will struggle to breach a pretty good Bournmouth defence even with Cook out injured.Still think I’m lucky to actually going to a game for the first time in over a year and whatever the score have a good day planned before and after the game with mates I haven’t seen for ages.Fulham Qpr and Bees in the championship next season isn’t a bad consolation prize and has a better feel than Chelsea Arsenal and Brentford.
Play Offs on 12:46 - May 19 with 2054 viewsphilc

Play Offs on 23:44 - May 18 by onlyrinmoray

I thought Barnsley were terrible all long ball kick and rush How we lost twice to them amazes me Swansea should go through easily

I was very disappointed in Barnsley as well, didn’t see a lot of football being played.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 12:47]
Play Offs on 13:14 - May 19 with 1992 viewsE17hoop

Blackpool were excellent in their L1 first leg last night (won 3-0). Of them, Lincoln, Sunderland or Oxford, I think I'd prefer them to come up.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Play Offs on 15:50 - May 19 with 1893 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs on 23:44 - May 18 by onlyrinmoray

Amazingly and rather stupidly the Barnsley manager blamed the fans.

"I think we'll play better 2nd leg without any of our fans, less pressure"

Bet that went down well after all this time not being able to go!
Play Offs on 16:46 - May 19 with 1840 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 15:50 - May 19 by PinnerPaul

Amazingly and rather stupidly the Barnsley manager blamed the fans.

"I think we'll play better 2nd leg without any of our fans, less pressure"

Bet that went down well after all this time not being able to go!

It's interesting, might be something in it. Hull FC finally got fans back in the KCom on Monday night, been playing well up to the game, absolutely fell in a hole and got wellied by a pretty mediocre Catalans team. Castleford lost at home to Hull KR who are a bit of a basket case. Warrington, a very good side, managed to lose at home to Huddersfield, who've been awful up to this point.

Oxford last night, first game with fans, got dicked 3-0.
Play Offs on 16:59 - May 19 with 1811 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs on 16:46 - May 19 by Northernr

It's interesting, might be something in it. Hull FC finally got fans back in the KCom on Monday night, been playing well up to the game, absolutely fell in a hole and got wellied by a pretty mediocre Catalans team. Castleford lost at home to Hull KR who are a bit of a basket case. Warrington, a very good side, managed to lose at home to Huddersfield, who've been awful up to this point.

Oxford last night, first game with fans, got dicked 3-0.

Certainly noticed there was more intensity in the challenges in the PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024