Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 54782 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 16:23 - May 17 with 2987 viewswood_hoop

I feel Brentford are the standout team amongst the 4 in the semis.

Barnsley to meet them in the final, but Brentford a bit too much guile to let it slip this time.
Play Offs on 16:32 - May 17 with 2943 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 16:23 - May 17 by wood_hoop

I feel Brentford are the standout team amongst the 4 in the semis.

Barnsley to meet them in the final, but Brentford a bit too much guile to let it slip this time.

Thanks for pumping up the pressure 😃
Play Offs on 16:37 - May 17 with 2926 viewsterryb

Play Offs on 16:32 - May 17 by switchingcode

Thanks for pumping up the pressure 😃

What's the crowd limit for Saturday please switingcode?

I've just been told by a Swans fan that they are limited to 3,000 & Barnsley to 4,500.
Play Offs on 16:49 - May 17 with 2912 viewsHarbour

I think the winner of Brentford Bournemouth semi final will go onto win the final. Got a feeling Brentford will do it this time. I have got no beef with them would be good to see us play them at the new stadium though so if they choke again this time would be quite good too. In some ways the idea of the 3 teams who got relegated from the prem last season going straight back up again does not seem right. So if Brentford don’t make it would like to see Barnsley do it.
Play Offs on 16:58 - May 17 with 2891 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Play Offs on 12:20 - May 17 by W7Ranger

I just think it would be ironic/funny if after last Season where Barnsley stayed up with the last kick of the game v Brentford (which ultimately stopped Brentford going up automatically), that Barnsley could beat them in the final to go up to the prem, and stop Brentford going up - 2 years running!

Had Brentford beaten Barnsley on that last day last season, Brentford would've been up and Barnsley down to League 1!

Unbelievable fine margins there!!

Poetic.
Play Offs on 17:32 - May 17 with 2856 viewsHanwellHoopster

I'd personally like to see the Bees go up. Think they deserve it over the last couple of years. Would also be really interesting to see what they do in the PL and if their 'model' can adapt to the PL. Don't really understand why they dislike us so much, but there we go, that's for them to enjoy.
Play Offs on 19:10 - May 17 with 2712 viewskensalriser

Brentford lost only 7 games over the season and the other contenders 12, 13 and 14. That alone must make them strong favourites.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Play Offs on 19:16 - May 17 with 2696 viewsaston_hoop

That Danjuma is too good for the Championship

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 19:17 - May 17 with 2682 viewsWatford_Ranger

Banter
Play Offs on 19:18 - May 17 with 2678 viewsbarbicanranger

Hello!
Play Offs on 19:19 - May 17 with 2670 viewsMick_S

Play Offs on 19:16 - May 17 by aston_hoop

That Danjuma is too good for the Championship

Bournemouth take the lead - 3 subs on for the Bees.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play Offs on 19:20 - May 17 with 2662 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 11:03 - May 17 by switchingcode

The word bottle is used against us but think it’s more to the point of not being good enough.I’ve been at all but one (last year )finals and we were out played in every one and can’t even say we were unlucky.To be honest I’ve been quite relaxed about these upcoming games convincing myself the PL would be a disaster for a club like ours but after seeing Leicester celebrations Saturday my stomach has been turning over ever since.

Surely you must have been better than Yeovil though there are 2 future Premier League players in their team that day
Play Offs on 20:23 - May 17 with 2405 viewsdaveB

Don Goodman must have been wearing a Brentford shirt tonight, one of the most one sided commentaries I've ever heard, even brought up about them winning the Justice League again.
Play Offs on 20:27 - May 17 with 2364 viewsMick_S

Play Offs on 20:23 - May 17 by daveB

Don Goodman must have been wearing a Brentford shirt tonight, one of the most one sided commentaries I've ever heard, even brought up about them winning the Justice League again.

I think he mentioned them winning the league. How the f uck does anyone take this seriously?
[Post edited 17 May 2021 20:28]

Play Offs on 20:27 - May 17 with 2363 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Do Justice League goals count double in the play-offs?
Play Offs on 20:28 - May 17 with 2348 viewsMick_S

Come on Barnsley.

Play Offs on 20:31 - May 17 with 2331 viewsKonk

Play Offs on 19:20 - May 17 by denhamhoop2

Surely you must have been better than Yeovil though there are 2 future Premier League players in their team that day

Yeovil were managed by Fulham fan, Gary Johnson

And the second Yeovil goal was scored by Fulham legend, Big Dan Burn

And if Marcelo Trotta on loan to Brentford from Fulham, hadn't fu cked-up his penalty v Donny in the last minute of the last game of the season, then Brentford would have gone up automatically that season. Megalolz.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play Offs on 20:37 - May 17 with 2294 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 20:31 - May 17 by Konk

Yeovil were managed by Fulham fan, Gary Johnson

And the second Yeovil goal was scored by Fulham legend, Big Dan Burn

And if Marcelo Trotta on loan to Brentford from Fulham, hadn't fu cked-up his penalty v Donny in the last minute of the last game of the season, then Brentford would have gone up automatically that season. Megalolz.

I didn't know Gary Johnson was a Fulham fan he is currently plying his trade at Torquay but I remember him for his attempt to get promoted to Premier League with a strike force of Dele Adebola and Darren Byfield now that pairing would've had Sol Campbell and Rio Ferdinand shaking in their boots
Play Offs on 20:39 - May 17 with 2282 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bidwell playing; Manning on the bench. It is weird how they have both our last two left backs.
Play Offs on 21:21 - May 17 with 2081 viewsHunterhoop

Play Offs on 20:23 - May 17 by daveB

I cannot believe any Sky commentator can mention the Justice League seriously. It’s not an independent thing! Who is to say Brentford haven’t just got their maths wrong? I mean, if the justice league is intended to be an algorithm that encourages them to keep doing the right thing, it’s clearly flawed.

They genuinely said the Justice League had Brentford winning the league. Yet they finished 3rd, 10 points off top (and a lower GD). And last year it was the same story. If it keeps predicting the wrong thing in terms of the actual league table, it’s not a good barometer to achieve success under the league’s rules, is it?! So don’t pay attention to it; it’s clearly flawed.

Also, do Brentford go and review/watch every other game of every other team, forecast a result and draw the league up that way? Or do they just assume it’s only them that is hard done by?

I know we joke about it on here, but it’s ludicrous for Sky to be referring to it as a genuinely relevant thing. It’s not.
Play Offs on 21:31 - May 17 with 2021 viewsrsonist

Brentford are more Zack Snyder's Justice League amirite badum tssh.
Play Offs on 21:33 - May 17 with 2008 viewsdaveB

Play Offs on 21:21 - May 17 by Hunterhoop

I cannot believe any Sky commentator can mention the Justice League seriously. It’s not an independent thing! Who is to say Brentford haven’t just got their maths wrong? I mean, if the justice league is intended to be an algorithm that encourages them to keep doing the right thing, it’s clearly flawed.

They genuinely said the Justice League had Brentford winning the league. Yet they finished 3rd, 10 points off top (and a lower GD). And last year it was the same story. If it keeps predicting the wrong thing in terms of the actual league table, it’s not a good barometer to achieve success under the league’s rules, is it?! So don’t pay attention to it; it’s clearly flawed.

Also, do Brentford go and review/watch every other game of every other team, forecast a result and draw the league up that way? Or do they just assume it’s only them that is hard done by?

I know we joke about it on here, but it’s ludicrous for Sky to be referring to it as a genuinely relevant thing. It’s not.

They claimed they do it for every league in the world, was genuinely comical when he said Brentford finished top. Of course they did, we used to tell my son he was unlucky not win player of the year for his sunday team to make him feel better about himself but even he worked out that was nonsense after a while
Play Offs on 21:41 - May 17 with 1983 viewsstowmarketrange

Play Offs on 21:33 - May 17 by daveB

They claimed they do it for every league in the world, was genuinely comical when he said Brentford finished top. Of course they did, we used to tell my son he was unlucky not win player of the year for his sunday team to make him feel better about himself but even he worked out that was nonsense after a while

And we had that rubbish on here from an American schoolboy that said that brentford were virtually guaranteed to win the league.Remind me how that turned out again?
Play Offs on 21:45 - May 17 with 1948 viewsGalileo

Play Offs on 13:11 - May 17 by BrianMcCarthy

"What really irritates me is when people refer to clubs as being 'proper football clubs' (whatever that means) or 'a big club' (as was the case with Leeds) as though those points alone are the only reason why a club should be promoted/win. Some fans really buy into this and it breeds an obnoxious sense of entitlement. The media love these tired cliche's as it means they can write condescending articles and the 'neutrals' who support a big club they've never seen play live can say how they would like to see said club in the EPL as though their views carry some significance."

Very true. Also, if a big club gets promoted they're said to be "back where they belong". As if years of mediocrity and failure didn't mean they belonged in the lower division all long.

Bang on. Thought the same many times.
Play Offs on 21:48 - May 17 with 1930 viewsHunterhoop

Play Offs on 21:33 - May 17 by daveB

Every league in the world?! How do they have the time?

If they’re just plugging in basic stats (possession, shots, etc) in mot algorithm, what’s the point? It’ll only be as good as the data they have to input, so if the match has been tracked incorrectly, it’ll all be wrong, won’t it?

And we know match stats differ from media outlet to media outlet. Just look after one of our games. Sky and BBC always disagree on almost all measures.

And besides, basic stats rarely tell a match story accurately. How do they know of a red card was fair, a penalty fair, a shot on target a good chance or a hopeful long range effort?

I know the top leagues track data at much more detailed level. ExG exist but the algorithm is clearly wrong. It almost always has ExG at lower than the actual number of real goals scored. And, whilst their may be the detail for top tiers, but for lower leagues all over Europe?! Come on. The data they’re using can’t be right all the time.

This encourages me they’ll get a big signing wrong soon.

Their analysis may be better than others, that’s an opinion, but it is clearly not correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024