Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2021 09:04 - Jun 2 with 26148 viewstoboboly

Starts today with England v NZ at Lords.

Finishes with us raising the urn in Oz. Gorgeous day for it, anyone get tix? After having loads of games sorted last year I thought it prudent not to bother this season.

Will be listening to TMS, just hope they have anyone in place of Daniel Norcross whom aggravates me something chronic.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 9:09]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket 2021 on 10:25 - Sep 10 with 1795 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2021 on 10:07 - Sep 10 by willis1980

This sets up a bit of dangerous precident, whats to stop England going to Oz and by some miracle drawing the first test and then winning the second before sending their players out to a hug anti-vaxxers at a protest. Then boarding the plane with the ashes.
Of course the ICC will fold like deckchairs once the BCCCI turn the screws.

I know its a different sport but didnt England have to go without Mount and Foden after they came into contact with a scottish after he tested positive? Surely the same model could be applied here.

Well no because the IPL is more important than everything else.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2021 on 10:32 - Sep 10 with 1777 viewstoboboly

Cricket 2021 on 10:07 - Sep 10 by willis1980

This sets up a bit of dangerous precident, whats to stop England going to Oz and by some miracle drawing the first test and then winning the second before sending their players out to a hug anti-vaxxers at a protest. Then boarding the plane with the ashes.
Of course the ICC will fold like deckchairs once the BCCCI turn the screws.

I know its a different sport but didnt England have to go without Mount and Foden after they came into contact with a scottish after he tested positive? Surely the same model could be applied here.

Apparently all the players tested negative yesterday so can only be a BCCI decision, the ECB need to hold their nerve on this, sue the BCCI. Or else like you say the precedent is set.

Not in the spirit of cricket (or any sport), frankly India shouldn't be allowed back into the country for any cricket ever again.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket 2021 on 10:39 - Sep 10 with 1764 viewsMalintabuk

Cricket 2021 on 10:04 - Sep 10 by themodfather

talk now is they have NOT forfeited and ICC to decide? so who broke the news of any forfeit and what was their source?? i think ICC will declare a draw , i am unsure of cricket rules but wonder if England are on the pitch for "toss" and ready to go do they then get the match ( thinking scotland footy game years back v faroes?)

Apparently the ECB origin statement was worded a forfeit but then amended to have that removed
Cricket 2021 on 10:40 - Sep 10 with 1763 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 10:04 - Sep 10 by themodfather

talk now is they have NOT forfeited and ICC to decide? so who broke the news of any forfeit and what was their source?? i think ICC will declare a draw , i am unsure of cricket rules but wonder if England are on the pitch for "toss" and ready to go do they then get the match ( thinking scotland footy game years back v faroes?)

Estonia.The song was “One team in Tallin.”
The ICC will cave in and declare it a draw,and therefore an Indian series win.It’s what they do.
Cricket 2021 on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 1753 viewsDWQPR

Absolutely stinks this. It just shows once again super rich players do not give a stuff about the supporter who without they would not have any kind of career. Its about time that the ICC grew some balls and banned the Indian cricketers that are due to play in the IPL a six month ban for refusing to play this test. Hopefully other test playing nations will sit up and take note and strike the Indians off their playing schedules. Its a similar situation to the formation of the ESL in football this summer.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cricket 2021 on 10:50 - Sep 10 with 1728 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2021 on 10:46 - Sep 10 by DWQPR

Absolutely stinks this. It just shows once again super rich players do not give a stuff about the supporter who without they would not have any kind of career. Its about time that the ICC grew some balls and banned the Indian cricketers that are due to play in the IPL a six month ban for refusing to play this test. Hopefully other test playing nations will sit up and take note and strike the Indians off their playing schedules. Its a similar situation to the formation of the ESL in football this summer.

Unfortunately it's now got to the stage where the BCCI thinks it can do what it likes, and not even the ICC has the clout/cojones to do anything about it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2021 on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 1731 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 10:32 - Sep 10 by toboboly

Apparently all the players tested negative yesterday so can only be a BCCI decision, the ECB need to hold their nerve on this, sue the BCCI. Or else like you say the precedent is set.

Not in the spirit of cricket (or any sport), frankly India shouldn't be allowed back into the country for any cricket ever again.

I went to the Oval last Sunday and I would love to have had 1% of the money that people spent on food,drink and other stuff.Multiply that by 5 days at Old Trafford,plus the ticket money that needs to be repaid,and it must come to several £million.
All the food and drink will now go to waste because of the decision on the day of the game to cancel it.
They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it,just because of the IPL.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 10:54]
Cricket 2021 on 11:04 - Sep 10 with 1716 viewswillis1980

on the radio theyve just said that the BCCI want to discuss rescheduling the test with the ECB
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2021 on 11:11 - Sep 10 with 1689 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 11:04 - Sep 10 by willis1980

on the radio theyve just said that the BCCI want to discuss rescheduling the test with the ECB

Boxing Day test anyone?
Cricket 2021 on 11:36 - Sep 10 with 1644 viewswillis1980

Cricket 2021 on 11:11 - Sep 10 by stowmarketrange

Boxing Day test anyone?

Its a odd scenario if this test doesnt take place this month, the BCCI dont care about test cricket enough to get their side to stick around to reschedule this month but care enough not to concede that the series should end in a draw now. The implications on this for englands test schedule should be considered too, whats the point in conculding a test series several months down the line???
Cricket 2021 on 13:35 - Sep 10 with 1492 viewsjohnhoop

This wasn't a decision taken by any governing body. This was simply the Indian players refusing to play so they could b-gger off to the IPL. In any rational world they have forfeited the match and the series ends 2-2.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:35]
Cricket 2021 on 13:43 - Sep 10 with 1471 viewsLythamR

Cricket 2021 on 13:35 - Sep 10 by johnhoop

This wasn't a decision taken by any governing body. This was simply the Indian players refusing to play so they could b-gger off to the IPL. In any rational world they have forfeited the match and the series ends 2-2.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:35]

Were they not going to play in the IPL anyway from the 19th?, the IPL start hasnt been brought forward suddenly so i struggle with that argument

it should be a forfeit and the match awarded to England and the ICC should say so immediately, the way schedules are these days its unrealistic to try and reschedule.

no doubt there will be a whole lot of politcial shenannigans down the line because now the result of the series impacts on the world test championship thingy as well
Cricket 2021 on 14:23 - Sep 10 with 1410 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 13:43 - Sep 10 by LythamR

Were they not going to play in the IPL anyway from the 19th?, the IPL start hasnt been brought forward suddenly so i struggle with that argument

it should be a forfeit and the match awarded to England and the ICC should say so immediately, the way schedules are these days its unrealistic to try and reschedule.

no doubt there will be a whole lot of politcial shenannigans down the line because now the result of the series impacts on the world test championship thingy as well

I think they were terrified of contracting Covid and having to isolate in the country for two weeks or whatever it is. Then missing the start of the IPL. Seems like the BCCI were scared this would happen so wanted them all over in the UAE ASAP
Also, earlier in the summer the Indians wanted this test match rearranged as it was too close to the IPL. Seems a bit of a coincidence.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 14:24]
Cricket 2021 on 14:38 - Sep 10 with 1398 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket 2021 on 14:23 - Sep 10 by thame_hoops

I think they were terrified of contracting Covid and having to isolate in the country for two weeks or whatever it is. Then missing the start of the IPL. Seems like the BCCI were scared this would happen so wanted them all over in the UAE ASAP
Also, earlier in the summer the Indians wanted this test match rearranged as it was too close to the IPL. Seems a bit of a coincidence.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 14:24]

Seems very fishy. Why then originally did the BCCI agree to a schedule with a test potentially finishing the 14th September? That's like a test being played in Australia in the middle of March, practically unheard of. Why wasn't the whole series just started a week earlier?

The ICC need to immediately declare the game forfeited, series drawn 2-2. Won't happen of course.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket 2021 on 17:06 - Sep 10 with 1333 viewsdenhamhoop2

So all players are available to play but India CHOOSE not to play automatic forfeit in any sane sporting field but the money talks so India will be given a series win bet my life savings if the score was 2 1 to England they would be playing
Cricket 2021 on 17:12 - Sep 10 with 1318 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket 2021 on 17:06 - Sep 10 by denhamhoop2

So all players are available to play but India CHOOSE not to play automatic forfeit in any sane sporting field but the money talks so India will be given a series win bet my life savings if the score was 2 1 to England they would be playing

Yep. Absolutely they would.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket 2021 on 22:46 - Sep 10 with 1203 viewsThe_Beast1976

Unfortunately cricket has gone the way of football. All about the money; little else matters. Best off just watching amateur sport and playing sport yourself.
Cricket 2021 on 21:37 - Sep 18 with 1004 viewsMedwayR

That fielding by Jordan Cox

Poll: Who’s better?

Cricket 2021 on 20:11 - Sep 19 with 935 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cricket 2021 on 21:37 - Sep 18 by MedwayR

That fielding by Jordan Cox

Me and Mrs Superhoop were there yesterday - An incredible day that I will not forget for a long time. I should point out that his catch a few minutes before was perfectly legit and could have cost us the match. But the whole team of Spitfires last night played like legends - Including Darren Stevens who at 45 has another year on his contract and is still taking important wickets and getting runs too.

Well done Kent Spitfires
Cricket 2021 on 20:51 - Sep 19 with 914 viewsMalintabuk

Being a Thanet lad it was a great watch and well done to the lads.
Many a good night had at St Lawrence
Cricket 2021 on 13:40 - Oct 15 with 716 viewsR_from_afar

The IPL final is today, KKR against CSK, at 3pm UK time. I'm rooting for KKR as I am a big fan of Sunil Narine. On his day, his mix of off breaks and carrom balls, on a very good line and length (nearly always aimed at the stumps) can be devastating, as was the case in the semi-final, when he picked up four wickets. It would have been five had it not been for a fairly easy catch being spilled. Later, when the game was in the balance, he came in to bat and hit three sixes in short order, to give KKR the momentum. He is also the man who bowled a super over (not in the IPL, in the West Indies 20/20 league) and produced a wicket maiden

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024