Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread 18:20 - Jun 10 with 4334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/style/wedding-bells-for-two-95-year-olds.html
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 18:40]
The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 23:38 - Mar 14 with 907 viewscolinallcars

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 14:44 - Sep 11 by Sonofpugwash

Riding with The King.

Didn't think I'd ever see the redoubtable John Hiatt referenced on here….well done, me son.
The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 10:43 - Mar 15 with 787 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 15:27 - Mar 15 with 696 viewsSpaceman_P

You all never realised it, but you all need this!!!

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 22:11 - Mar 20 with 600 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 11:17 - Mar 21 with 496 viewshantssi

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 22:11 - Mar 20 by R_from_afar

Love it!!
The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 13:46 - Mar 21 with 408 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Does this qualify?

I think so!!!!!

Chel*** supporters say club is a ‘laughing stock’ by dmm 20 Mar 18:30
Chelsea are facing more supporter dissent after being warned that a slide towards “irreversible toxicity” in the stands is likely to end in protests against the ownership. In a letter sent to Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali this month, the Chelsea Supporters’ Trust cited concerns about higher ticket prices, the cost of merchandise and travel to games and a lack of communication from the board.

The CST, which said Chelsea had “become a laughing stock on and off the pitch” since being bought by Boehly and Clearlake Capital in 2022, pointed to anger and frustration over a sense that supporters are being used to raise revenue streams.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/20/chelsea-owners-warned-fans-irreversible-toxicity-boehly-eghbali-laughing-stock

[rofl]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Good News & Cheerful Vibes Thread on 10:55 - May 3 with 184 viewsR_from_afar

I'm on holiday in southern Crete and was walking past what was clearly a locals' bar when I espied a telly high up in one corner, its screen filled with the tell-tale bright green grass of - yes - a football match.

All the occupants - and they ranged from about 10 to over 80 - were glued to the screen; it was Villa against Olympiakos.

Suddenly, Olympiakos score and there is uproar, but wait, the goal looks suspiciously like it's offside. The inevitable VAR check follows, then cue pandemonium: the goal stands! 0-1.

We're looking through the window at this moment of pure joy - a nerdy-looking kid at the front of the assembled throng is on his feet and bouncing around waving his arms - when a middle aged woman walks up to us and peers through the window to try to make sense of the cheering and scenes of jubilation.

She only pauses for a second, then walks on past, silently.

Mrs R from Afar turns to me and says: "She was wearing an AEK Athens jacket".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024