Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles 10:21 - Feb 23 with 29597 viewsBakes

Rest In Peace
[Post edited 24 Feb 21:36]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Stan Bowles on 10:26 - Feb 23 with 10238 viewsdaveB

fancy sharing a private text on twitter especially about something so sensitive

Horrible news though, hope he pulls through
Stan Bowles on 10:27 - Feb 23 with 10239 viewskingsburyR

I hope that is fake news but fear it's not.

Thoughts with the Bowles Family regardless.

You R'ssssssssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Stan Bowles on 10:27 - Feb 23 with 10218 viewscolinallcars

Oh Jesus….
Stan Bowles on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 10204 viewsBakes

Stan Bowles on 10:27 - Feb 23 by kingsburyR

I hope that is fake news but fear it's not.

Thoughts with the Bowles Family regardless.

You R'ssssssssssssssssss

Hoped it was fake news but it’s from his daughter so presuming it’s true

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Stan Bowles on 10:39 - Feb 23 with 10111 viewsted_hendrix

I've got two signed and framed paintings of Stan, the first one I got him to sign In the pub.

We all knew he wasn't In the best of health.

Don't really know what to say.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stan Bowles on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 9948 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sadly, it seems more a question of when.

Hopefully his passing will be as smooth as the passing he treated us to down the years.

Some of us were blessed to have seen him in his prime.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stan Bowles on 11:11 - Feb 23 with 9820 viewsconnell10

Kinda expecting this but still very sad!! Stan is my hero.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Bowles on 11:51 - Feb 23 with 9599 viewsQPR_John

Stan Bowles on 10:54 - Feb 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Sadly, it seems more a question of when.

Hopefully his passing will be as smooth as the passing he treated us to down the years.

Some of us were blessed to have seen him in his prime.

When Rodney went thought I would never see the like again. Then Stan arrives and the rest is history. Very sad news
Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles on 12:14 - Feb 23 with 9444 viewsE15Hoop

Stan Bowles on 10:26 - Feb 23 by daveB

fancy sharing a private text on twitter especially about something so sensitive

Horrible news though, hope he pulls through

I'm taking it that the poster wanted us to know to send him as many positive vibes as we can muster, Dave.

End of 2023/ beginning of '24 really has not been great for all our much-loved heroes, has it?
Stan Bowles on 12:16 - Feb 23 with 9416 viewsdaveB

Stan Bowles on 12:14 - Feb 23 by E15Hoop

I'm taking it that the poster wanted us to know to send him as many positive vibes as we can muster, Dave.

End of 2023/ beginning of '24 really has not been great for all our much-loved heroes, has it?

yeah i don't think they meant any harm just felt a bit odd sharing the screenshot of a private message
Stan Bowles on 12:18 - Feb 23 with 9391 viewsflynnbo

So sad that this bastard disease has robbed his family of years of decent life for him. We will mourn his inevitable demise but what a character, what a footballer and what cherished memories.
Stan Bowles on 12:32 - Feb 23 with 9267 viewsE15Hoop

Kind of fitting that it should happen around the Rotherham home game, after we had that big Stan Bowles Day for him a few years ago for a home match against them.
Last time he got to grace the Loftus Road pitch and milk that applause with "Stanley, Stanley, Stanley" ringing out all around the ground.
Stan Bowles on 12:53 - Feb 23 with 9105 viewsCamberleyR

Stan Bowles on 12:32 - Feb 23 by E15Hoop

Kind of fitting that it should happen around the Rotherham home game, after we had that big Stan Bowles Day for him a few years ago for a home match against them.
Last time he got to grace the Loftus Road pitch and milk that applause with "Stanley, Stanley, Stanley" ringing out all around the ground.

I think the last time he was at HQ was after his condition had worsened, for that pre-season friendly against Bournemouth where before the game he came out on the pitch accompanied by Don Shanks and Gerry Francis.

So, so sad. As others have said, we all realised this day was probably getting nearer but it doesn't make it any easier.

I think after he does finally pass, the club should change that name on the stand. Change it to the 'Stan Bowles Stand'. He was always 'Stan'. He was never known at the club as 'Stanley'.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Stan Bowles on 12:59 - Feb 23 with 9052 viewsRsinWales

Stan Bowles on 12:53 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

I think the last time he was at HQ was after his condition had worsened, for that pre-season friendly against Bournemouth where before the game he came out on the pitch accompanied by Don Shanks and Gerry Francis.

So, so sad. As others have said, we all realised this day was probably getting nearer but it doesn't make it any easier.

I think after he does finally pass, the club should change that name on the stand. Change it to the 'Stan Bowles Stand'. He was always 'Stan'. He was never known at the club as 'Stanley'.

Not ashamed to say that I shed a tear or two on that day. He looked frail, but suddenly broke into a huge smile and raised his arms aloft as the crowd sang, "Stan-ley".

He really was something from another planet in his day. Worth the ticket price alone to watch him do his thing.

Much love to him and his family at this tough time.
Stan Bowles on 13:52 - Feb 23 with 8781 viewsStanisgod

Been dreading this, 3 of my family went with this f#cking disease, one at 52. If true, I will shed a tear for the great man , and I'm 68.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles on 14:44 - Feb 23 with 8489 viewsdutch

Stanley is the man, not just the footballer, but the man I have loved most in my life. At first as a teenager watching his genius, later on getting to know him a little, and then latterly helping to raise money for his care. When he goes we will have lost the single footballer who bore the soul of our beloved club. Joyous, wayward, wonderful. We will never see his like again. My heart is full.
Stan Bowles on 14:47 - Feb 23 with 8474 viewshantssi

Stan Bowles on 13:52 - Feb 23 by Stanisgod

Been dreading this, 3 of my family went with this f#cking disease, one at 52. If true, I will shed a tear for the great man , and I'm 68.

I’m with you on this having seen my dad (a season ticket holder and fan from the 30’s/40’s).
In fact, I’m doing the Brecon Beacons Memory Walk in June and will be on here begging for sponsorship later in the spring.
Stan Bowles on 14:56 - Feb 23 with 8408 viewsE15Hoop

Stan Bowles on 12:59 - Feb 23 by RsinWales

Not ashamed to say that I shed a tear or two on that day. He looked frail, but suddenly broke into a huge smile and raised his arms aloft as the crowd sang, "Stan-ley".

He really was something from another planet in his day. Worth the ticket price alone to watch him do his thing.

Much love to him and his family at this tough time.

Were you there for the game against Sunderland in '78, I think it was (maybe 77)?
Dreadful first half from both sides, but the 2nd half really came to life from us, and Stan scored one of the most memorable goals at LR I've ever seen (they put it in the highlights reel for that Stan Bowles Day).

Just found the link for it - Lord knows how many times I've watched his again!:

"That's There, That's Two, and That's Bowles!"
Stan Bowles on 15:38 - Feb 23 with 8156 viewsQPunkR

Stan Bowles on 12:53 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

I was lucky enough to get an invite to Chiswick Cricket Club after that game to meet the great man. He was on good form, seemed to be aware who and where he was, and was happy to pose for photos along with Don Shanks. So glad I managed to get a pic with the pair of them, such a privilege

QPR - "shit but local"

Stan Bowles on 15:56 - Feb 23 with 8057 viewsQPRSteve

Dreadful news. Met him in the Sheepshank a few times. Lovely, lovely man.
Stan Bowles on 23:57 - Feb 23 with 7349 viewsRsinWales

Stan Bowles on 14:44 - Feb 23 by dutch

Stanley is the man, not just the footballer, but the man I have loved most in my life. At first as a teenager watching his genius, later on getting to know him a little, and then latterly helping to raise money for his care. When he goes we will have lost the single footballer who bore the soul of our beloved club. Joyous, wayward, wonderful. We will never see his like again. My heart is full.

'Joyous, wayward, wonderful'

What a fitting and insightful set of words they are to summarise Stan.
Stan Bowles on 08:53 - Feb 24 with 6929 viewsnumptydumpty

Not old enough to see him in the flesh.

First game 1980 but know the love and adulation for him.

My aunt passed recently and had dementia but very bad for last year so was a blessing for her as really had zero quality of life.

There is no good way to pass but this condition is incredibly cruel.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Stan Bowles on 14:28 - Feb 24 with 6457 viewsDamo1962

Travel peacefully Stan. You will always be my hero. God bless you.
Stan Bowles on 17:52 - Feb 24 with 6134 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Stan Bowles on 08:53 - Feb 24 by numptydumpty

Not old enough to see him in the flesh.

First game 1980 but know the love and adulation for him.

My aunt passed recently and had dementia but very bad for last year so was a blessing for her as really had zero quality of life.

There is no good way to pass but this condition is incredibly cruel.

Ironically the patient has no memory just turns back into a baby sadly and leaves the family destroyed just trying to care for them and waiting foe the journey to end.
Its called the long goodbye for a reason .
Best wishes to him and his family
Stan Bowles on 18:22 - Feb 24 with 5967 viewsnumptydumpty

Stan Bowles on 17:52 - Feb 24 by CLAREMAN1995

Ironically the patient has no memory just turns back into a baby sadly and leaves the family destroyed just trying to care for them and waiting foe the journey to end.
Its called the long goodbye for a reason .
Best wishes to him and his family

Although music strangely can be recalled and remembered

Devastating for families.

Friend mine - not that money helps at all really in these situations- but his parents were quite wealthy.

His mum was in care home for five years and his dad for ten.

Wiped out the entirety of his inheritance along with visiting and being told to f off you wotsit by two previously loving parents

extremely cruel disease for all.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024