Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? 16:33 - Jun 27 with 8012 viewsbollockchops

and how much are you prepared to pay before you say enough is enough ! and how much is peroni in the crown and septre these days ?
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:03 - Jun 28 with 2068 viewsHamptonR

Two days away in the, always lovely, New Forrest.

Peroni at £5.90
Moretti £5.80
Stella £4.70

Get in there Stella!
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:51 - Jun 28 with 2018 viewsrobith

Went to our work local on a return to the office day. Neck Oil £6.75 a pint. Best of luck with that lads
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 10:08 - Jun 28 with 1994 viewsKonk

Most pubs that I've been in since the re-opening, seem to have bumped their prices up by about 10-15%. I fully understand why, and I can live with it, but I do worry for them, as a lot of people will surely just stay away. Psychologically, I would struggle to regularly pay £6+ for a pint at the moment. If I was in my twenties now, I think I'd probably just grab a load of beers and sit in a park, when the weather was good.

Pre-Covid, a pub down the road from me was often quite empty, so the landlord starting putting the prices up to break even, but once it was £1+ a pint cheaper to drink the same beer in any other local pub, they were down to barely a handful of punters a day. Conversely, a pub round the corner goes for high volumes/low margins, is busy all day, has a really nice mixture of locals and young arty-types, and you can get a really good pint for Wetherspoon prices.

I've noticed the same in restaurants too - again, entirely understandable with staff shortages due to Brexit/Covid, and somehow having to claw back some of the losses they've accumulated over the past year and a bit.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:10 - Jun 28 with 1943 viewsDavieQPR

It was the Brewers that increased the cost price causing a lot of the price increase.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:24 - Jun 28 with 1924 viewsloftboy

We t on two pub crawls last week, in Lowestoft it averaged 6.50 for two pints next day in Norwich it was minimum 9 and aces over 10

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 12:24 - Jun 28 with 1871 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:51 - Jun 28 by robith

Went to our work local on a return to the office day. Neck Oil £6.75 a pint. Best of luck with that lads

Bloody hell. How much was the 'Gamma Ray' then?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 15:01 - Jun 28 with 1767 viewscollegeranger

met up with some work colleagues a few weeks ago in a bar on a roof top opposite Waterloo Station - Bar Elba . Don't drink lager anymore as i like my beer to taste of something, so its a Pale Ale for me on hot summer afternoon.
Only Pale Ale was Camden Hells in 330cl cans - ordered 2 to make a pint - .......... £13 !!!
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 15:43 - Jun 28 with 1720 viewsSK_hoops

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:52 - Jun 27 by qpr_1968

was in the greystoke last week.....cheap enough pub.

Yeah that's where I got that old speckled hen for £2.75. Decent enough pub too.

O Briens in West Ealing does a Guiness for £3.30 too and is probably the best Guiness I've had in London.
Login to get fewer ads

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 15:51 - Jun 28 with 1712 viewsqpr_1968

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 15:43 - Jun 28 by SK_hoops

Yeah that's where I got that old speckled hen for £2.75. Decent enough pub too.

O Briens in West Ealing does a Guiness for £3.30 too and is probably the best Guiness I've had in London.

i'll give o'briens a try.
love me guiness.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 16:25 - Jun 28 with 1661 views100percent

I own and operate three bars (four with the Euro Fan zone in Potters Field)
At present the brewers and route to market suppliers are not making any concessions for the situation - prices have gone up regardless. Coupled with the increased staff costs - table service, waiters/waitresses and cost of cleaning products, it definitely feels like death by a 1000 cuts at the moment. Then there is the use of various apps for ordering that has put a % price on products. Brexit and Covid has also conspired to prevent any opportunity to work with young students from european communities - they've all gone home and we are struggling to source staff.
I also pay London living wage, because I think it is the morally correct thing to do.
it's easy to just say 'fck it' I will pass the cost on to the customer, but its a really difficult balancing act - especially for someone like me that is attempting to remain independent of the major chains and offer a decent pint in a desirable atmosphere.
My major concern is sustaining the situation - I've had to go into debt because any chance of gaining financial support from this gov is all smoke and mirrors - absolutely no help at all.
At present I'm chasing my tale attempting to run a profitable business to pay back debt and offer a exciting environment for repeat trade. It ain't easy.
the hospitality business like a lot of businesses has been kicked to death. All i ask is be a bit thoughtful and understand the hoopps we are jumping through to keep going - because when its gone, its gone - and trust me, more disreputable traders are chomping at the bit to replace us,,,
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:52 - Jun 28 with 1557 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 16:25 - Jun 28 by 100percent

At present the brewers and route to market suppliers are not making any concessions for the situation - prices have gone up regardless. Coupled with the increased staff costs - table service, waiters/waitresses and cost of cleaning products, it definitely feels like death by a 1000 cuts at the moment. Then there is the use of various apps for ordering that has put a % price on products. Brexit and Covid has also conspired to prevent any opportunity to work with young students from european communities - they've all gone home and we are struggling to source staff.
I also pay London living wage, because I think it is the morally correct thing to do.
it's easy to just say 'fck it' I will pass the cost on to the customer, but its a really difficult balancing act - especially for someone like me that is attempting to remain independent of the major chains and offer a decent pint in a desirable atmosphere.
My major concern is sustaining the situation - I've had to go into debt because any chance of gaining financial support from this gov is all smoke and mirrors - absolutely no help at all.
At present I'm chasing my tale attempting to run a profitable business to pay back debt and offer a exciting environment for repeat trade. It ain't easy.
the hospitality business like a lot of businesses has been kicked to death. All i ask is be a bit thoughtful and understand the hoopps we are jumping through to keep going - because when its gone, its gone - and trust me, more disreputable traders are chomping at the bit to replace us,,,

That's a very interesting and informative post. I really hope everything turns out well.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 10:08 - Jun 29 with 1374 viewsKonk

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 16:25 - Jun 28 by 100percent

Sorry to hear that, mate. I know a lot of pubs/restaurants were struggling before the pandemic, but the past 15 months have been brutal. I understand why the prices have risen - that it's a case of trying to stay afloat rather than a pis s take - so I'm not about to grumble about it. It's been heart-warming to see the amount of successful crowd-funding for local pubs/venues/breweries, here in Bristol. Hopefully people will realise that we need to support our pubs and restaurants, even if prices have been bumped-up.

Fingers crossed things are soon back to normal for you.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 1352 viewsTacticalR

Is it my imagination, or are a lot of pubs not serving bitter?

Air hostess clique

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:13 - Jun 29 with 1315 viewsToast_R

Scandalous pricing eh?

Meeting some mates on Saturday in a pub for first time in a year. God knows how much I'll end up spending. Far more than I should I reckon.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:40 - Jun 29 with 1284 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 10:46 - Jun 29 by TacticalR

Is it my imagination, or are a lot of pubs not serving bitter?

Yes, I've found that. Plenty of Pride and Doombar etc but some pubs that normally have a range of ale are a bit restricted. I think they want to avoid the situation we had before when lockdown was reimposed and and a lof ale had to to be poured down the drain.
Hopefully after July 19 things will improve.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 16:46]
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 1270 viewsLythamR

I realise that price sensitivity is important but personally I am more than happy to pay an extra 10% for the convenience of waiter/waitress service at the table and i hope that many bars who have introduced this during the pandemic continue to offer it going forward as an optional service
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 1269 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think there is a lot less brewing at the moment as most beerhawk stuff is out of stock. I had a gander yesterday for Tiny Rebel. (not an RNB artist)

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 12:22 - Jun 29 with 1241 viewsSK_hoops

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 15:51 - Jun 28 by qpr_1968

i'll give o'briens a try.
love me guiness.

Just don't take any notice of the 'regulars only' sign - not sure why they put that there. Anyone can walk in.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 12:42 - Jun 29 with 1200 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I just bought a bottle of this stuff while on boozy subjects.

https://northernmonkshop.com/products/the-spirit-of-death-distilled-imperial-sto

Dat bottle.

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 13:16 - Jun 29 with 1160 viewsR_from_afar

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:49 - Jun 27 by SK_hoops

White horse is alright before a match.

Are we talking about having a cheeky pint or is this still about fellating?

On the subject of dubious service charges, I was paying the bill at a hotel when I noticed a service charge for the pre-dinner drinks we had had. That was strange because we had consumed said drinks while sitting *at* the bar. The hotel had in effect charged us £1.50 for having the drinks placed on the bar at which we were sitting.

If only I had had the guts to say: "Tell you what, next time we come here, I will climb over the counter and pour our drinks myself".

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 13:32 - Jun 29 with 1145 viewsDiscodroids

I seem to be quite fortunate for libation on the Essex Riviera, Leigh On Sea.

The most expensive here is along the sea front in The old Town . The Peterboat, Mayflower, Crooked Billet and the Smack Inn knock out Five Grain Lager at £4.95, Spitfire Lager at £4.80, Camden Hells £5.10, Moretti at £5.05 , estrella £4.80 and Pilsner Urquell for £4.4o. The Boatyard have just started selling Offshore pilsner from Cornwall for £4.95 and Madri exceptional lager for the same price. Both of those beers give me the Derek and Clive Fackin' Horn.

I don't drink Peroni other then the Red Label version , but it sells foR about £4.50 high street, £5 in the old town.

My Local, The Broadway pub , offers Staropramen, Amstel, Hop House, San Miguel for £3.80 to £4.20 maximum. The Mariners and The Sarah Moore flog all the Armitage shanks lager such as Fosters, Carling, Budweiser, Heniken, Coors for around £4 a pint maximum. The Sarah Moore also sells kirin ichiban on draft for For £4.20 max. Best lager for me is the Meantime London Lager in the ten green bottles at £4.75 a pint.

Magic.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 13:37 - Jun 29 with 1129 viewsSK_hoops

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 13:16 - Jun 29 by R_from_afar

Are we talking about having a cheeky pint or is this still about fellating?

On the subject of dubious service charges, I was paying the bill at a hotel when I noticed a service charge for the pre-dinner drinks we had had. That was strange because we had consumed said drinks while sitting *at* the bar. The hotel had in effect charged us £1.50 for having the drinks placed on the bar at which we were sitting.

If only I had had the guts to say: "Tell you what, next time we come here, I will climb over the counter and pour our drinks myself".

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 16:38 - Jun 29 with 1057 viewsloftboy

Went out for lunch in southwold today, a pub attached to Adnams brewery which was literally 50 yards up the road, as I was driving had a pint of Diet Coke £4.40 !

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:18 - Jun 29 with 969 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 16:38 - Jun 29 by loftboy

Went out for lunch in southwold today, a pub attached to Adnams brewery which was literally 50 yards up the road, as I was driving had a pint of Diet Coke £4.40 !

Southwold, otherwise known as BBC-on-Sea. I really like the town and Adnams beer.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:26 - Jun 29 with 958 viewsloftboy

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:18 - Jun 29 by colinallcars

Southwold, otherwise known as BBC-on-Sea. I really like the town and Adnams beer.

Nexf day off I’m going to cycle there and have a few tasters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024