Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? 16:33 - Jun 27 with 8013 viewsbollockchops

and how much are you prepared to pay before you say enough is enough ! and how much is peroni in the crown and septre these days ?
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 23:03 - Jun 29 with 1426 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:26 - Jun 29 by loftboy

Nexf day off I’m going to cycle there and have a few tasters.

Good man. Be extra careful though if you cycle in via the winding road from Blythburgh into Southwold, tricky for cyclists. Maybe easier to take the road through Wangford, still tricky but a mite safer.
Some mates and I cycled there from Ipswich donkey's years ago and decided to have a pint of Adnams in each of the Adnams outlets (pubs plus hotels), there were 13 of them back then - some have now closed. I hasten to add we had B&B in the Sole Bay Inn and didn't attempt to ride until the next day !
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 07:54 - Jun 30 with 1314 viewsDiscodroids

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:26 - Jun 29 by loftboy

Nexf day off I’m going to cycle there and have a few tasters.

Rob, Try the Adnams Jack Brand dry hopped lager or their Earl Grey Pilsner. Both are Ambrosial.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:02 - Jun 30 with 1277 viewsloftboy

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 07:54 - Jun 30 by Discodroids

Rob, Try the Adnams Jack Brand dry hopped lager or their Earl Grey Pilsner. Both are Ambrosial.

Cheers Glenn will give them a go

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:30 - Jun 30 with 1144 viewsdezzar

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 13:32 - Jun 29 by Discodroids

I seem to be quite fortunate for libation on the Essex Riviera, Leigh On Sea.

The most expensive here is along the sea front in The old Town . The Peterboat, Mayflower, Crooked Billet and the Smack Inn knock out Five Grain Lager at £4.95, Spitfire Lager at £4.80, Camden Hells £5.10, Moretti at £5.05 , estrella £4.80 and Pilsner Urquell for £4.4o. The Boatyard have just started selling Offshore pilsner from Cornwall for £4.95 and Madri exceptional lager for the same price. Both of those beers give me the Derek and Clive Fackin' Horn.

I don't drink Peroni other then the Red Label version , but it sells foR about £4.50 high street, £5 in the old town.

My Local, The Broadway pub , offers Staropramen, Amstel, Hop House, San Miguel for £3.80 to £4.20 maximum. The Mariners and The Sarah Moore flog all the Armitage shanks lager such as Fosters, Carling, Budweiser, Heniken, Coors for around £4 a pint maximum. The Sarah Moore also sells kirin ichiban on draft for For £4.20 max. Best lager for me is the Meantime London Lager in the ten green bottles at £4.75 a pint.

Magic.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:33]

Crikey , used to drink in a few of those hostelries 40 -45 years ago , me glasses are misting up
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:54 - Jun 30 with 1083 viewsDiscodroids

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:30 - Jun 30 by dezzar

Crikey , used to drink in a few of those hostelries 40 -45 years ago , me glasses are misting up

Nice one dezzar!, The grand hotel is long gone but the Broker is still going strong. Leigh is sill a great place for a drink but the old town is a nightmare at weekends.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 20:00 - Jun 30 with 1041 viewswelwynranger

Wait till the first game of the season. You'll likely be charged a tenner for a warm beer in plastic glass in The Blue And White club. LOL
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 20:10 - Jun 30 with 1026 viewsdezzar

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:54 - Jun 30 by Discodroids

Nice one dezzar!, The grand hotel is long gone but the Broker is still going strong. Leigh is sill a great place for a drink but the old town is a nightmare at weekends.

The old town was my old haunt me mates family owned a chippie next to the Smack Inn and later a newsagents/gift shop around 79/81.Used to drink in the Peter Boat as well.My old man went to see Tommy Cooper at the Cliffs Pavillion , early seventies, called in at the Peter Boat before the show and Tommy was at the bar , doing his act as people bought him whisky.Last time i was there was May bank holiday 2019, it was too busy plastic glasses , queues , but i went the November before that 20 degrees sunny and had a fantastic day
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 20:17 - Jun 30 with 1004 viewsdezzar

Lee Brilleaux was the Grands best customer of course
Login to get fewer ads

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:14 - Jul 7 with 814 viewscolinallcars

Subsequent to my earlier post saying I had seen little increase in cost, I've now found some hefty increases. A pint on the Raven today 20p more at £4.80 and a pint of quite low gravity ale in the Mitre in Richmond a fiver.
I feel the five quid mark might be a sticking point. I'm OK with a sub £5 pint - after all, it's been a tough tome for pubs.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 22:56 - Jul 7 with 721 viewsBoston

On Sunday, all the pubs in Wembley will be charging ten quid a pint...and no one will even notice.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 23:08 - Jul 7 with 701 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 22:56 - Jul 7 by Boston

On Sunday, all the pubs in Wembley will be charging ten quid a pint...and no one will even notice.

Hey Boston have you been to the Trillium brewery in Boston?

Bloody hell, they do some great beers in the bar/taproom.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:34 - Jul 8 with 626 viewsterryb

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:14 - Jul 7 by colinallcars

Subsequent to my earlier post saying I had seen little increase in cost, I've now found some hefty increases. A pint on the Raven today 20p more at £4.80 and a pint of quite low gravity ale in the Mitre in Richmond a fiver.
I feel the five quid mark might be a sticking point. I'm OK with a sub £5 pint - after all, it's been a tough tome for pubs.

I remember when we all said that we won't ever pay £1 for a pint!
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:57 - Jul 8 with 610 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:34 - Jul 8 by terryb

I remember when we all said that we won't ever pay £1 for a pint!

I remember when you could get six pints, a packet of cheap fags and a box of matches and still have enough change from a quid for the bus fare home.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 593 viewsterryb

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 09:57 - Jul 8 by colinallcars

I remember when you could get six pints, a packet of cheap fags and a box of matches and still have enough change from a quid for the bus fare home.

I can't actually remember what a pint cost when I first bought one, but it might have been 2 shillings (10 pence).

I do recall that when I had my first car (1969) I spent £1 per week on petrol & that was exactly 3 gallons.

I worked in the pub trade when a pint reached £1 & trade dropped considerably. That is, for about 2 weeks!
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:09 - Jul 8 with 571 viewsEastR

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 23:03 - Jun 29 by colinallcars

Good man. Be extra careful though if you cycle in via the winding road from Blythburgh into Southwold, tricky for cyclists. Maybe easier to take the road through Wangford, still tricky but a mite safer.
Some mates and I cycled there from Ipswich donkey's years ago and decided to have a pint of Adnams in each of the Adnams outlets (pubs plus hotels), there were 13 of them back then - some have now closed. I hasten to add we had B&B in the Sole Bay Inn and didn't attempt to ride until the next day !

Apologies for hijacking this thread.
When I saw Wangford mentioned it put me in mind of this guy who I saw on a few occasions back in the 80’s. Always a great gig.
I never knew Wangford was a place until today!
A very interesting character, he’s still on the go apparently.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 558 viewscolinallcars

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 11:09 - Jul 8 by EastR

Apologies for hijacking this thread.
When I saw Wangford mentioned it put me in mind of this guy who I saw on a few occasions back in the 80’s. Always a great gig.
I never knew Wangford was a place until today!
A very interesting character, he’s still on the go apparently.

He actually came from Wangford Suffolk, hence the name. I've seen him play a number of times, always good fun. I believe his main occupation is a doctor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024