Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing 14:05 - Jul 7 with 10004 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55256
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 12:38 - Jul 28 with 1711 viewsfrancisbowles

From what I could see on such a blurry youtube stream, he seemed to do quite well. There was one second half incident where he was put under pressure and bumped into, he fumbled a high ball a bit but recovered. This was picked up by London and Sinton but they missed the ref playing an advantage, so it would have been a foul anyway.

I knew we would concede as soon as they started on about a clean sheet.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 12:58 - Jul 28 with 1629 viewstoboboly

Is Seny injured?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:25 - Jul 28 with 1557 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 12:58 - Jul 28 by toboboly

Is Seny injured?

No sign of any injuries vs Man Utd. Maybe he’ll get 90 mins in the Leicester game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 1541 viewstoboboly

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:25 - Jul 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

No sign of any injuries vs Man Utd. Maybe he’ll get 90 mins in the Leicester game.

He only played 45 mins against united didn't he? No sign of him yesterday, wondered if he had tweaked something or whether a £20m bid had come in?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 1499 viewsMyke

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:27 - Jul 28 by toboboly

He only played 45 mins against united didn't he? No sign of him yesterday, wondered if he had tweaked something or whether a £20m bid had come in?

I'd say just giving the two lads some game time , he already knows what Seny can do and Barnes is away on International duty. Be very surprised if Seny doesn't play at least half the Leicester game
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:54 - Jul 28 with 1451 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 12:38 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

From what I could see on such a blurry youtube stream, he seemed to do quite well. There was one second half incident where he was put under pressure and bumped into, he fumbled a high ball a bit but recovered. This was picked up by London and Sinton but they missed the ref playing an advantage, so it would have been a foul anyway.

I knew we would concede as soon as they started on about a clean sheet.

On the referee point, Nick does that a lot.

Often says "Referee saw nothing wrong" or similar, when a quick glance at the ref would often tell him that he played an advantage.

Accept that maybe I look at the refs a bit more than most , but its irritating just the same.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:59 - Jul 28 with 1439 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 13:27 - Jul 28 by toboboly

Well someone actually went to the trouble of editing a video of his contribution v Man Utd. Finished the half with barely a hair out of place!

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 1434 viewsNorthernr

If he's going to piss around with the passbacks like that in the competitive fixtures I'm going to need some stronger meds.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:50 - Jul 28 with 1352 viewsBazzeR

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:02 - Jul 28 by Northernr

If he's going to piss around with the passbacks like that in the competitive fixtures I'm going to need some stronger meds.

Exactly
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:07 - Jul 28 with 1307 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 11:48 - Jul 28 by BazzeR

What type of posts are you looking to read ?

Certainly not completely opposite opinions!!!
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 1300 viewsBazzeR

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:07 - Jul 28 by gazza1

?
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:11 - Jul 28 with 1288 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:08 - Jul 28 by BazzeR

?

I asked ' any more' referring to the previous contradictory posts and wondered if anyone else had an opinion. Unfortunately I could not make the game so I don't have an opionion.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:15 - Jul 28 with 1274 viewsBazzeR

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:11 - Jul 28 by gazza1

I asked ' any more' referring to the previous contradictory posts and wondered if anyone else had an opinion. Unfortunately I could not make the game so I don't have an opionion.

This forum would be very boring if everybody agreed with every post wouldn’t it ?
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:23 - Jul 28 with 1256 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:15 - Jul 28 by BazzeR

This forum would be very boring if everybody agreed with every post wouldn’t it ?

Perhaps, but to have totally differing opinions about how the keeper (of all positions) played when you, presumably, both watched the same game seems rather strange to me.

PS - Lots don't like my opinions!!! which, incidentally, are pretty accurate.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 15:28]
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:30 - Jul 28 with 1226 viewsBazzeR

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:23 - Jul 28 by gazza1

Perhaps, but to have totally differing opinions about how the keeper (of all positions) played when you, presumably, both watched the same game seems rather strange to me.

Some of the posts mentioned his overall game which I wouldn’t disagree with.

Clive nailed it with his comment.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:32 - Jul 28 with 1217 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:23 - Jul 28 by gazza1

Could be that he did some things ok but other bits of his game made fans nervous. Some get nervous when Seny takes a long time to kick and is being closed down.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:35 - Jul 28 with 1204 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:32 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

Could be that he did some things ok but other bits of his game made fans nervous. Some get nervous when Seny takes a long time to kick and is being closed down.

Nah, one post quite positive, one post very negative. As I said - strange.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:39 - Jul 28 with 1189 viewsNorthernr

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:32 - Jul 28 by francisbowles

It's not the closing down that makes me nervous, it's the bit where they actually take the ball off the keeper, which happened more than once last night. Tony Roberts levels of pisballing about.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 1143 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:39 - Jul 28 by Northernr

It's not the closing down that makes me nervous, it's the bit where they actually take the ball off the keeper, which happened more than once last night. Tony Roberts levels of pisballing about.

F*** me, what with messing with the new thing and then my youtube stream was so out of focus and to use your 'international space station view' that I must have missed that.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 1141 viewsdmm

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:15 - Jul 28 by BazzeR

I agree...
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:17 - Jul 28 with 1083 viewsBeckenhamhoop

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:51 - Jul 28 by dmm

I agree...

I disagree
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 1050 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:07 - Jul 28 by gazza1

Well I think you're talking about my opinion and BazzeR's opinion so let's put them alongside one another shall we.

*BazzeR "He gave me the jitters in the Cambridge game, he looked hesitant to clear his lines and slow to sort his feet out."

Pretty much what I saw too on the stream but perhaps putting a slightly negative spin on it. Only highlighting what he didn't do so well without saying anything he did well, of which there were some. Not mentioning that this is his first game in a pre-season friendly with players, a manager and a system that are new to him. A system that has got the better good goal keepers in the past and the worst he did was look a little bit hesitant on a few occasions.

*CliveWilsonSaid "I thought he played with a lot of character and had no chance with their goal. Not a bad backup option on that showing."

Could mean anything really. Could mean I think he's shite but giving him the benefit of the doubt and highlighting the fact that he didn't do a lot wrong. In truth he looked better than I expected really and kept his composure mostly except for a few moments of hesitancy. He looked to me like a player that knows his own game and who could quite quickly adapt to our style. He'll probably make the odd mistake but not bad for a backup keeper.

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:05 - Jul 28 with 1006 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets be honest, first mistake in a proper game he's going to get crucified - its what we do!
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 19:57 - Jul 28 with 873 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:37 - Jul 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well I think you're talking about my opinion and BazzeR's opinion so let's put them alongside one another shall we.

*BazzeR "He gave me the jitters in the Cambridge game, he looked hesitant to clear his lines and slow to sort his feet out."

Pretty much what I saw too on the stream but perhaps putting a slightly negative spin on it. Only highlighting what he didn't do so well without saying anything he did well, of which there were some. Not mentioning that this is his first game in a pre-season friendly with players, a manager and a system that are new to him. A system that has got the better good goal keepers in the past and the worst he did was look a little bit hesitant on a few occasions.

*CliveWilsonSaid "I thought he played with a lot of character and had no chance with their goal. Not a bad backup option on that showing."

Could mean anything really. Could mean I think he's shite but giving him the benefit of the doubt and highlighting the fact that he didn't do a lot wrong. In truth he looked better than I expected really and kept his composure mostly except for a few moments of hesitancy. He looked to me like a player that knows his own game and who could quite quickly adapt to our style. He'll probably make the odd mistake but not bad for a backup keeper.

Sitting on the fence stuff.......rubbish really

Either you were happy or not happy with his game !!!

You both appear to have totally different opinions......if i analysed him i would not be saying that sort of stuff.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 22:16 - Jul 28 with 780 viewsMyke

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 19:57 - Jul 28 by gazza1

Sitting on the fence stuff.......rubbish really

Either you were happy or not happy with his game !!!

You both appear to have totally different opinions......if i analysed him i would not be saying that sort of stuff.

That actually doesn't make sense Gazza, although I would never be so disingenuous as to call your comment 'rubbish' You're assuming everything is black and white, which of course it's not, especially when it comes to goalkeeping. You are expecting the lads to either say he was perfect or completely useless. What the two lads are saying is that there were ASPECTS of Archer's game that they were satisfied with (for a back up keeper anyway) and ASPECTS of his game that they perceived as weaker. There are very few players in the world that don't have both strengths and weaknesses in their game - and none at all at QPR
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024