Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham 14:59 - Jul 9 with 2527 viewsPinnerPaul

and only stream is via Recast
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:45 - Jul 9 with 2449 viewsdenhamhoop2

That is not good news for the forthcoming season and my train tickets booked to Hull Middlesbrough and Bournemouth
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:48 - Jul 9 with 2441 viewsNorthernr

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:45 - Jul 9 by denhamhoop2

That is not good news for the forthcoming season and my train tickets booked to Hull Middlesbrough and Bournemouth

One is before JUly 19, the others aren't.

Still sucks a bag of dicks though - apparently Covid can now distinguish between one sports stadium and another, and one set of supporters and another within that arena. Absolute crock of sht.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:00 - Jul 9 with 2402 viewsdenhamhoop2

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:48 - Jul 9 by Northernr

One is before JUly 19, the others aren't.

Still sucks a bag of dicks though - apparently Covid can now distinguish between one sports stadium and another, and one set of supporters and another within that arena. Absolute crock of sht.

The fact is Covid ain't going anywhere soon we are going to have to learn to live with it same as Flu the choker for me is Cambridge is just not doable for me in terms of getting to work afterwards. Sincerely hope the same bubble s*** is not applicable for the friendlies v Leicester and United as my issues over that will not be any different than our 2 home games last season. Seen the pictures from around the nation at Fan Zones not much social distancing occurring if people are scared and nervous let them stay indoors. 60000 at Wembley and a full house at Wimbledon or a 3/4 full Wetherspoons is safer than in the open at Gillingham. As everything with this Government it's all about Image Image Image pity Blair failed in his Education Education Education then people might be smart enough to see Boris and his Emperors clothes for what they are
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:00 - Jul 9 with 2402 views80s_Boy

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:45 - Jul 9 by denhamhoop2

It's consistent with current regulations and other matches which have been played since fans have been partially allowed back into grounds.

Will be different from 19th.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:41 - Jul 9 with 2324 viewsPinnerPaul

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:00 - Jul 9 by 80s_Boy

It's consistent with current regulations and other matches which have been played since fans have been partially allowed back into grounds.

Will be different from 19th.

??? 67,500 at Wembley of multi nationality, but 200 Rs fans not allowed into Kent!

Come on, that's NOT consistent!
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:43 - Jul 9 with 2312 viewseastside_r

Damn. I was looking forward to my trip to the beautiful Kent riviera.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:56 - Jul 9 with 2270 viewsstowmarketrange

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:41 - Jul 9 by PinnerPaul

??? 67,500 at Wembley of multi nationality, but 200 Rs fans not allowed into Kent!

And a fair few of them will be hugging and mixing very closely,whereas 200 qpr fans spread across the whole stand keeping well away from each other is much more dangerous.Everbody knows that surely.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:58 - Jul 9 with 2264 viewsdaveB

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:41 - Jul 9 by PinnerPaul

Wembley is test events to make sure they can run these events fine. They did say from the 19th July fans can return to stadiums in full so although a bit annoying it shouldn't be a shock to anyone
Login to get fewer ads

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:20 - Jul 9 with 2187 viewsNorthernr

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:58 - Jul 9 by daveB

Wembley is test events to make sure they can run these events fine. They did say from the 19th July fans can return to stadiums in full so although a bit annoying it shouldn't be a shock to anyone

Bit ridiculous though. Charlton at Dartford the day after, no restrictions.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:27 - Jul 9 with 2164 viewsstevec

Think the last non competitive match I attended might have been Ajax at LR (was it Ajax, could have dreamt it?)

Anyway, it was fckin deplorable.

Not being allowed to attend any game with the word ‘friendly’ in it should be considered a mercy.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:45 - Jul 9 with 2121 viewsCliff

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:20 - Jul 9 by Northernr

So you could move the date for removing the restrictions forward one day....

... but then some one else would say it's ridiculous that QPR can go to their match but I can't only one day earlier, so we move it forward another day .....

.. repeat the above ad infinitum.

The bottom line is there has to be some point at which things change and there will always be someone on the wrong side of that point.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:46 - Jul 9 with 2117 viewsstowmarketrange

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:27 - Jul 9 by stevec

Think the last non competitive match I attended might have been Ajax at LR (was it Ajax, could have dreamt it?)

Not being allowed to attend any game with the word ‘friendly’ in it should be considered a mercy.

I don’t normally do friendlies either,unless it’s a new ground,but most of us are chomping at the bit for a little bit of normality again after being couped up for so long.
Even if it is to see a reserve qpr team get beaten in Middlesex again.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:55 - Jul 9 with 2089 viewsdaveB

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:20 - Jul 9 by Northernr

well yeah but thats the same with everything, can't go to a bar to order a drink one day but fine the next.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 18:39 - Jul 9 with 1998 viewsqprxtc

Don’t know about anyone else but I find being banned from going to Gillingham a cause for f ucking celebration.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 19:07 - Jul 9 with 1934 viewsMick_S

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 18:39 - Jul 9 by qprxtc

Don’t know about anyone else but I find being banned from going to Gillingham a cause for f ucking celebration.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 19:38 - Jul 9 with 1872 viewsdenhamhoop2

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:27 - Jul 9 by stevec

I had totally forgotten we played Ajax yep it wasn't good but then most pre season games aren't there just isn't that competitive edge
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:15 - Jul 10 with 1561 viewsPinnerPaul

Are you sure?

I read a while ago that the first bunch of 'test' events, not just sport, were a complete waste of time because not enough of the participants submitted test results to make any meaningful conclusion.

All they have done is gradually increase attendance, without any time to measure short/long term effects.

Another box ticking exercise I think and this from someone who still (just) supports 19th July as 'freedom day'.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:17 - Jul 10 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:46 - Jul 9 by stowmarketrange

I don’t normally do friendlies either,unless it’s a new ground,but most of us are chomping at the bit for a little bit of normality again after being couped up for so long.
Even if it is to see a reserve qpr team get beaten in Middlesex again.

Agree.

Just to note that mentioned on offy that Man Utd will have no player who played in the Euros in their squad v us.

I see offy has said that Leicester AND Man Utd (You HAVE to buy both) will be available on QPR+ for £8.99 the pair.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 15:18]
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:27 - Jul 10 with 1524 viewsPinnerPaul

Soooooo my next point is what's the point of these 'test events' still, if they've already made up their mind what they're doing on July 19th - and they have - as you know?

No way on earth can they collect data from 67,500 people and analyse it in 8 days, when it would take nearly that time for covid to become apparent in the 67,500, even if they all tested when they should, which as I pointed out above, hasn't happened at earlier events.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:15 - Jul 10 with 1462 viewsfrancisbowles

Monday (12th) is supposed to be the official announcement that all restrictions (apart from overseas travel) are being lifted on the 19th.

They are coming under increasing pressure from the scientists and medical profession to not remove all restrictions in one go. They will look very stupid (again) if they push on, only to call a halt before the 19th or have to reverse the decision afterwards.
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 16:36 - Jul 10 with 1432 viewsAnonymousR

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 15:27 - Jul 10 by PinnerPaul

Soooooo my next point is what's the point of these 'test events' still, if they've already made up their mind what they're doing on July 19th - and they have - as you know?

No way on earth can they collect data from 67,500 people and analyse it in 8 days, when it would take nearly that time for covid to become apparent in the 67,500, even if they all tested when they should, which as I pointed out above, hasn't happened at earlier events.

The data from the test events is ongoing. The smaller events that have been undertaken have been positive with almost no positive infections from things like the snooker, the festivals etc.

However, the data from the football isn't so good; it's suspected that it's not the events themselves but the means of travel that people use to get there. Anyone who has been at Wembley for any games will recognise just how bad the tubes have been after the matches. The data also suggests increased delta variant positivity is high, but also that many of the attendees have been vaccinated and jabbed at least once.

The government are making decisions based on all of these factors and choosing to unlock, even though they know there will be multiple spikes in infection. The hope is that these will not be serious enough to warrant hospitalisation. We don't know, as yet, what that may mean because the data, as you say, hasn't worked its way through yet.

Good explainer here:
https://www.ft.com/content/9d7c5a19-c717-4809-a087-92571979c878
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 17:36]
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 17:01 - Jul 10 with 1395 viewsLandshark

I saw Rangers played away at Tranmere today (and lost 1-0.

Tranmere allowed Rangers fans to attend. How is cross border travel allowed for football but you can't travel to Kent?
No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 18:12 - Jul 12 with 1173 viewsaston_hoop

Game might be off now anyway, COVID outbreak at Gillingham. Update on if it'll go ahead tomorrow

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 18:15 - Jul 12 with 1165 viewsStanisgod

No (away) fans allowed at Gillingham on 18:12 - Jul 12 by aston_hoop

Game might be off now anyway, COVID outbreak at Gillingham. Update on if it'll go ahead tomorrow

Can see this happening a lot.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024